Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Daily Mail report we are closing in on:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool close in on Czech defender
Last updated at 13:31pm on 28th December 2007

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is set to make a move for Fiorentina defender Tomas Ujfalusi in the January transfer window.

The Reds are short of defensive cover following injuries to centre-halves Sami Hyypia and Daniel Agger.

And Czech Republic international defender Ujfalusi could move to Anfield in a cut price £500,000 move, reports The Times.

The 29-year-old's contract with the Viola expires at the end of the season.

And we got a 16-year old winger from Ross County:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7162873.stm

EDIT: Err Peter beat me to that, obviously the Bhutto news spree has been occupying myself :(

Anyway, the transfer window is now open?

I can't imagine Arbeloa in the CB position against Man City (At least he's better in that position then Riise the other day), but it seems we don't have any other alternative. Hobbs is probably good as a cover just in case of an injury.

Last edited:

We've been linked with Ujfalusi for some time, since the start of the season pretty much.

I can't pronounce his name correctly, that can't be good. How can I support somebody if I can't pronounce his name? :(

Is he any good?

We got to take advantage now. ManU lost, and it's going to be difficult for Arsenal today. Chelsea stole another victory.

GIH made me laugh for some reason :lol:

Let's cheer for Everton now!

PS I think we'll be 3 points behind ManU.

index.php

Mo there's something about this pic so so wrong, a little too Homo-erotic perhaps, but whatever lights your candle mate.
Happy New Year Boy's

Yeah look at his man boobies............Lovely :lol:

Anyway, I hope no one in here will start with the "Rafa rotation 5 players again" nonsense. Was just browsing the bbc text for the match as Im not able to watch it and some fool commented how rubbish rafa was because he changed 5 players again. Offcourse he missed how it (defensive injuries taken into account) is the exact same team as what was played last week and the week before. Its close to the strongest team, he plays a weaker side against a weaker team to save strenght and is recently in the habit of then putting out his strongest team again. This team has played together in about 4 of the last 6 matches (manu, marseille,portsmouth,mancity) while the other two matches were against derby and chelsea in the cup. Its not much rotation if you look at it like that instead of just looking at the previous match and shouting, "he's making too many changes again!!!!". Anyway, 0-0 at half time and from what I read a cagey game with mancity going for the longball with vassel up front. Liverpool have suppedly been slightly better attacking wise. Any HT comments lads, for those watching?

0-0, wasnt expecting more then a draw to be honest. But hearing 5live mancity were playing for the draw for the whole second half. And could have had 2 players sent off for lastman fouls on torres, shame the ref's a bottler.

Rennie was a disgrace. that tackle by Richards after five minutes when Torres was in was illegal even in rugby!

yeah the ref was a bottler, but you have to expect that from Rennie. As for City - dire boring, typical Sven.

Tbh, I thought there weren't any clear decisions that went against us. Just one of those days, like against Blackburn.

Is it just me or has the quality of refereeing been piss poor this year? Seems like matches are decided more and more by refs than by players/managers..

I agree, refereeing has been really poor this season. Don't think it was that decisive today though.

I think red and yellow cards are pretty important factors in a game... Unfortunately they are overshadowed by mistakes in goal related decisions these days.

Last edited:

It all evens out at the end of the season. The decision that went against Chelsea was evened out by decisions that went for us against Everton. Though they always seem to favour Chelsea for some reason??

Anyone else was impressed by Aurelio today? I thought he was brilliant. If he doesn't get injured, he could be a great replacement for Riise.

I hope it does even out nicely! Chelsea are due for at least a few years worth of refereeing that doesn't favor them...

As for Aurelio, I remember Benitez rating him very highly--he just never got the chance to show his quality with injuries. I agree though, if he stays injury free, he can more than replace Riise!

Showed again how we need a top class striker to partner Torres. I thought we played well, quite unlucky in ways, the ref made some odd decisions but nothing too major IIRC, Dunne and Richards were magnificent and it would've been 5-0 if it wasn't for those.

We need good wingers firstly. We just don't get good enough crosses IMO. If we do, that adds another whole dimension to our play. Depends on what Rafa wants to do with the team. It seems out team would be perfect for a 4-3-3 with Mash, Gerrard and Xabi in the midfield, Torres upfront, and then 2 quality wingers, which we need obviously.

Ive always thought aurelio looked good. He was playing excellent last season when he got injured in the 3-0 in eindhoven. And again this season when he's come on, or started, he keeps the ball and more often then not gives a good forward pass aswell to connect the attack and the midfield. Hopefully he can stay injury-free as he has always been injury prone. Rafa said that had it not been for injuries he would have been competing with carlos for the brazil shirt.

Well sorry to say but we're gonna have to wait another year. Its not the end of the world, but we could have closed the gap. Just so infuriating that we can't take advantage. We have a mental block that someone needs to adress.

It was a very good performance. Dunne was the difference between a mauling and a draw.

City still not ready for top four, its a tell tell sign when they play for a draw at home.

Mascherano (MOTM), Carragher, Aurelio were Brilliant.

Anyone else was impressed by Aurelio today? I thought he was brilliant. If he doesn't get injured, he could be a great replacement for Riise.

Aurelio was SUPERB, wonder why he wasn't playing earlier than today, if he keeps this up, Riise will be in a dumpster soon enough.

We need good wingers firstly. We just don't get good enough crosses IMO. If we do, that adds another whole dimension to our play. Depends on what Rafa wants to do with the team. It seems out team would be perfect for a 4-3-3 with Mash, Gerrard and Xabi in the midfield, Torres upfront, and then 2 quality wingers, which we need obviously.

That would lead us to another lone striker formation, WE NEED 2 ! :(

Crouch would probably be a better suit today. Benayoun played great, just the last pass that was missing. Torres played quite poorly, didn't have the motivation somehow, and he was always second againts Dunne.

Is anyone else thinking crouch is on his way out in jan? Has he even been in the squad for the past 3 games? I would have thought he could have been a good option at city who have two strong defenders but he wasnt even on the subs bench. Cant remember him being on the subs bench for derby or portsmouth either.

Back
Top Bottom