Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Guess this is a lucky win then eh? Oh, Portsmouth are a rubbish team too, even though we're just as good as them, right? And if Torres wasn't playing, we'd be rubbish too because we're a one man team, just like we were when Gerrard was our one man team ...

;)

Beating Portsmouth 4-1 is a fantastic result - no luck involved there mate.

@ abba,

I think thats down to the tactics. It was the same in marseille, once we went ahead by two goals he keeps things tight by staying back along side masch and has a few forward runs from time to time. It works fine, it just means the the attack is limited due to not have the link between midfield and the strikers when he plays deep. Same thing against manu, too cautius (sp?). Its fine when you are ahead and controlling the game, but really he needs to get forward in those games, as he has done in chelsea semi's the past couple of seasons.

Just think its more to do with tactics then him deciding it himself. Cant say I mind, if it keeps him rested and keeps the team solid there is no harm.

Does anyone else feel Gerrard is playing too deep these days? He had an average game, but he wasn't really going forward that much. Benayoun and Mash were brilliant today.

Yeah I felt that in the last couple of games, sometimes he just sat there in the middle not really doing anything. An adjustment by Rafa or is he not too much in the mood for goals?

Anyway, back to winning ways, Benayoun was great, Riise was rubbish, Kuyt was almost rubbish. Babel would've got a goal, but Torres finished sublimely.

Great result...Torres having a better
season than expected.

As for the Inter draw, not really the
toughest draw we'll see come feb if
they have a midfield.

Torres has been quality so far, great signing.

He'd look better in a United shirt.

;)

Last edited:

Edit: I wasted my time writing a reply, and you edited your post :lol:

Last edited:

Heh I wondered what our position might be IF Torres didn't sign for us ..

I just realized that Inter is 1st in the Italian league, which can be a though match-up after all.

I wonder why Rafa keeps playing Riise? Anybody try to guess? He's just up to the standard, as is Sissoko.

my lord he's been shocking hasn't he.

I'd play Aurelio or let Insua step up to the plate!

1787649832_715b823681.jpg

78625229.jpg

"I wanted to make the people happy"

:applause::8):;)

torres is just a pleasure to watch i mean when he picks it up, you know sominks gonna happen, just wierd how bad he played againts porto 1st leg, now look at him, saying that in his first season at his team b4 athletico he did score 55 goals in his 1st season.....that says it all 4 me....(tevez overrated poacher)

I think those 55 were for a youth team though, but yeah bags of potential at that age.

I wanna see him start to score scrappy goals now :D

I think we need a Ruud type striker along with an Henry type.

The thing that worries me about him (and most other Spanish players we have in the club) is that once they get the press, they will go on about wanting to return to their respective homelands to play for the big clubs they supported since childhood :(

LFC aren't a selling club, but there is only so much you can do until Real Madrid/Barca comes knocking on your door.

He supported Atletico as a kid, so I doubt he would want to go to Real. Anyways, with Rafa there, I don't think any of these players will go.

The thing that worries me about him (and most other Spanish players we have in the club) is that once they get the press, they will go on about wanting to return to their respective homelands to play for the big clubs they supported since childhood

LFC aren't a selling club, but there is only so much you can do until Real Madrid/Barca comes knocking on your door.

Not sure whether thats the case for spanish players actually. How many have complained? Usually its the french ones and one or two brazilians. And as for going to barca and real when they call, Im sure he has already had loads of opportunities to do that. Firstly he's atletico so that would dismiss Real, and he's also a liverpool supporter. Havent seen much of any of our spanish players doing that, if there's been anybody, its been Crouch.

Derby aren't getting a look-in here. I can see this being a rout.

Voronin playing awful again. Gets the ball and doesn't have a clue what to do if he doesnt have a clear shot, usually just passes it in a rush and loses it. Complete waste of a strikers position, or right mid. Just a complete and utter waste. Play bloody El Zhar or something if we have to.

Fucking hell! We had that coming! SHITTY second half by us and get punished by badly defending a free kick to allow Derby to score. Liverpool really need to get their act together because, if this continues, it'll be Derby getting a win and not us. What the hell is going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

oh really Plan M, I didn't know.

Dags you jinxed it. Fucking typical, Chelsea slip up and we don't take advantage against the worst team in the league.

Voronin and Riise are utter gash. They'd struggle in the dutch league.

Benitez moved Riise to CB. And took Hyypia off for Yossi, he had no defenders on the bench...

THANK FUCK FOR THAT.

"a sign of champions"

well yes, that would be true of Arsenal, Chelse and Manure, but with players like Kuyt, Voronin and Sissoko.....we'll have to wait for next season!

Haha, I am absolutely disgusted. Time wasting against Derby! :lmao:

Inter would be having an absolute laugh. Voronin and Risse are absolute trash, and Babel was wasting time on the ball. Torres was relaxing (except the goal) throughout the whole match. Gerrard was the only decent player, and why the hell does he play so deep? He started attacking, and we got the winner (against Derby:lol:)

Premiership contenders my ass. We talk about beating the Top 3 (yes 3 not 4), but we can't even beat an 11 man Derby side.

Our inconsistency pisses my off. And I still can't believe why Gerrard plays so deep. Thank god for Gerrard and Torres, otherwise I can see us struggling to get into the top half of the table.

Anyways, does this apply for the 'champions win games, even when they play bad'? :roll:

Lucky lucky lucky. Derby deserved a point after their second half.

Some of these players just aren't good enough, really. We've had quality players over the years and as long as we keep junk hanging around, and bringing the quality of our squad down, we'll never be able to sustain a proper league challenge. Put our best team out and we're great. Use the squad and we're good/average.

Can't believe we struggled today (with all due respect to Derby fans) to a team we hammered six past earlier.

Talk about Jekyl and Hyde :(

I'll post what I just posted on Koptalk:

-------------------------------------------

Look, we got the win.

Most thought we wouldn't get a winner, but the lads kept going and did the business. Would we have done that if in the same situation last season?

The papers will slate us, and rightly so, we will not win the title. It will be a battle for third. But we could well go and get number six in Red Moscow.

I doubt many, in their heart, and their head thought that we would recover this 10point gap and win the title, partly down to our failings, but also because of the brilliance of our other rivals, that is what money and sustained youth investment does.

We've all thrown in an opinion about who we need, where to play Babel etc.I think we all see the weak links in our team and hopefully Rafa does now too. Convienietly, the transfer window is now open.

The lads will learn from this. They were a victim of complacency and little bit of naivety from Benitez (a failure to put a defender on the bench for one). Jewells comments in the week were very clever IMO.

Lets not be too overly negative. For once we have taken advantage of a rival slipping up. The transfer window is upon us, we WILL sure up our defence. We have a 20+ a goal season striker. And the lads WILL learn from this mark my words. It was great to see the passion in the players after getting the equaliser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom