Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

To be fair, I don't think you're trying to reason Plan M. You keep coming out with the same "you're just not good enough" without anything else to back it up.

Voronin is shocking, really. He just doesn't bring anything useful to our team that makes him stand out.

i think you're a bit harsh with him given he has to play on the right wing.The guy is A cf or ss but no way he's a RW!!!remember when he was playing for Leverkusen he was great because he played as CF!!!

To be fair, I don't think you're trying to reason Plan M. You keep coming out with the same "you're just not good enough" without anything else to back it up.

Mate, if Liverpool were a realy powerful outfit hammering everyone I would say so! The fact is, they aren't. Look at your last 3 domestic matches - all LOSSES. That is not the look of champions, I'm sorry mate. :)

EDIT: I won't say anything more on the matter because it's your thread and I think I've made my point. I'm not here for an argument or to stir up anything, so no offence intended. Happy Christmas Reds. :)

Last edited:

i think you're a bit harsh with him given he has to play on the right wing.The guy is A cf or ss but no way he's a RW!!!remember when he was playing for Leverkusen he was great because he played as CF!!!

I've seen him when he's played up front as a forward or striker and he's been poor then too. He wont take people on, his shooting is woeful (both in accuracy and power), his hold up play isn't too good (he seems to lack strength to hold players off him), his short-range passing isn't quick enough and he lacks speed-of-thought and creativity to be involved in quick moves with the likes of Babel and Torres.

Mate, if Liverpool were a realy powerful outfit hammering everyone I would say so! The fact is, they aren't. Look at your last 3 domestic matches - all LOSSES. That is not the look of champions, I'm sorry mate. :)

EDIT: I won't say anything more on the matter because it's your thread and I think I've made my point. I'm not here for an argument or to stir up anything, so no offence intended. Happy Christmas Reds. :)

Aye, I don't think you're one to try and stir it up, I think you genuinely are just here stating your opinion and that's it (unlike some who clearly do come in the thread to try and wind people up).

Aye, I don't think you're one to try and stir it up, I think you genuinely are just here stating your opinion and that's it (unlike some who clearly do come in the thread to try and wind people up).

Cheers Dags, you're a good guy :)

Shame you didnt turn up again last night, was looking forward to an all mersey semi - final, you cant win them all lads , still you know more about that than most! oh , and its easy to say " not bothered about the carling cup anyway (now that your out) what kind of fan says that?" if this if that, can any red-##### see that your just not that good, still maybe next season(thats what you always say every year) crouches tackle was digusting , got exactly what kuyt should of got in the derby.

red rose tinted glasses all over the joint
merry christmas red-#####
your loving bitter rivals....;)

p.s.not stirring coz its too easy! just stating reality.

Last edited:

Bunch of kids, just a bunch of infantile kids you cannot hold a debate with. shame. :)

Mate i'm far from a kid, i was around when you lot were a hell of a team, had to watch dreadful football from a very 3rd rate united side throughout the 80's whilst your lot passed teams off the park, all your negative posts we've had to put up with in our thread say the same old shite all those dodgy decisions that go our way and how the gods have conspired against liverpool, if this delfection would'nt have happened, if Rooney was booked, if that linesman had raised his flag,Ronaldo dived ... and you accuse us of being childish... there's is obviously no reasoning with you, as you cant see further than your own nose, so i'll duck out of this thread, shame cause i liked popping in to see how you think your side is doing some good posters in here too like Tik.
Have a good Xmas all
tadaa

Shame you didnt turn up again , was looking forward to an all mersey semi - final, you cant win them all lads , still you know more about that than most! oh , and its easy to say " not bothered about the carling cup anyway (now that your out) what kind of fan says that?" if this if that, can any red-shite see that your just not that good, still maybe next season(thats what you always say every year) crouches tackle was digusting , got exactly what kuyt should of got in the derby.

red rose tinted glasses all over the joint
merry christmas red-shite
your loving bitter rivals....;)

p.s.not stirring coz its too easy! just stating reality.

:roll:

Mate i'm far from a kid, i was around when you lot were a hell of a team, had to watch dreadful football from a very 3rd rate united side throughout the 80's whilst your lot passed teams off the park, all your negative posts we've had to put up with in our thread say the same old shite all those dodgy decisions that go our way and how the gods have conspired against liverpool, if this delfection would'nt have happened, if Rooney was booked, if that linesman had raised his flag,Ronaldo dived ... and you accuse us of being childish... there's is obviously no reasoning with you, as you cant see further than your own nose, so i'll duck out of this thread, shame cause i liked popping in to see how you think your side is doing some good posters in here too like Tik.
Have a good Xmas all
tadaa
exactly right.

I know we havent been good enough to win the last 3 games, but come on guys. Thinking back, we have got rather unluckly with deflections, pens being given when they shudnt etc. We lack a creative spark upfront. We need someone in defence who isnt scared to make a pass upfront, instead of hoofing it up. When we get it down on the ground and do some one touch passing it is breathtaking at times. But it happens about 2 or 3 times a game. It should be happening 9 or 10 for a "world class" team.

Have a good Xmas all
tadaa

So you are denying getting the run of the play and referee decisions? I point out the obvious and everyone bites back as us being bitter. Typical :)

Ive never ONCE been on your thread when you lose giving it large because i have more respect for you than that however i will point out when i think theres been some foul play to gain an advantage.

I find it hard to handle these days football - its changed so much. A billion miles away from the seventies and eighties - most of you guys have seen nothing else but the premiership so cant see my point of view.

My point to your posts was that you all came into this thread giving us the loser line and we aint good enough yadda yadda and i dispelled that because the difference between the top 4 has been minor, so how can you say Liverpool are not good enough?

You get dickheads on the Radio like supposed Manchester United 'Legend' Mickey Thomas (who by the way made a real legendary 90 appearences for Manchester United, yes thats 90) giving it all this because United beat liverpool in the tightest of games from a mistake and hailing United and condemning Liverpool when the difference between winning and losing is hairline and it gets on my nerves.

So sorry if you get upset from a dose of reality but the truth is theres not much between the top 4 except a bit of form and consistency and the odd piece of fortune.

Who do you guys fancy in the CL draw tomorrow? I wouldn't mind Real Madrid. Despite their wins, I don't think they are in their best form, and plus it's Torres' former rivals. I read somewhere him saying that he wouldn't mind knocking his former rivals out of the CL.

I would be happy with either Barca or Milan too, for obvious reasons. Actually, I don't really want to play Sevilla. It would be almost impossible to beat them at their home, as they are probably the best home side in Europe. Neither do I want Inter, as they will be very difficult to break down.

Anyone, I think we can beat anyone at the top of our game, and we usually step it up against the big teams in Europe.

EVERTON FC 4 LIFE!!!

LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU RED SH!TE WERE GUNNING FOR YA'S!!!!!

Everton_3-0_Liverpool.gif

:lol: it's the game that was turned into a DVD it was that special :lol:

Anyone, I think we can beat anyone at the top of our game, and we usually step it up against the big teams in Europe.

there are alot of teams who can say that. Why cant you admit that right now you guys are closer to the likes of portsmouth, villa, city, and everton, then you are to the top 3.... a top of the table side is not going to stink it up at home like you guys have this year, thats the obvious difference for me between you guys and the top 4. You fix that, and your back in there.

there are alot of teams who can say that. Why cant you admit that right now you guys are closer to the likes of portsmouth, villa, city, and everton, then you are to the top 3.... a top of the table side is not going to stink it up at home like you guys have this year, thats the obvious difference for me between you guys and the top 4. You fix that, and your back in there.

:lmao:

Funniest comment on here! Closer to Portsmouth? Villa? Don't be silly mate, league table positions don't lie at the end of the season. And where have they finished? Where have they gotten in Europe? What a stupid comment to come out with :lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League_2006-07#Final_league_table

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League_2005-06#Final_league_table

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League_2004-05#Final_league_table

So, going by league positions after 38 games, you say we're just like Portsmouth and Villa? So, are Arsenal just like them too? Unless you're talking about JUST this season? In which case, assuming we win our game in hand, that means Chelsea are as good as Pompey and Villa too, right? We're not even halfway through the season, at this stage last season, weren't Reading in the top six? So does that mean that they're still as good as that now?

How did this thread turn into "Let's all attack Liverpool?" anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

I wouldnt mind either milan or real tbh. Milan as I think the difference between the two teams is very small now. Last season it was just that bit of class from milan and the lack of speed creativity up front for us. This season milan, as far as i know, havent gotten any better with the same players all getting a year older. Wereas liverpool have added torres as the obvious player, but also babel as attacking players with a lot of speed. Pennent had a good game and made some good chances in the final and he looked like he was getting better before the injury. So with the fine line lost last time I think, especially over two legs, that we could beat them this year. Real as I fancy us against them because of their lack of defense and their general positivety would suit liverpool.

Wouldnt want Inter just because they are a bit like liverpool as they are a defensive minded team as far as I know. Not sure about Seville, would think on skill and squad and tactics that liverpool should beat them but would worry that the mental side of the team would get complacent. Although after this seasons matches they should know to be at their best for every game.

Wouldnt want barca either, cant see liverpool being so much better for two seasons as last time it was fairly comfortable. And would have been over at half time had we not hit the woodwork 3 times.

So Ill go for Real and Milan :D

gomito said:
thats the obvious difference for me between you guys and the top 4.

So you are saying that you consider Man City as a "top4" team and superior to Liverpool? ;)

:lmao:

Funniest comment on here! Closer to Portsmouth? Villa? Don't be silly mate, league table positions don't lie at the end of the season. And where have they finished? Where have they gotten in Europe? What a stupid comment to come out with :lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League_2006-07#Final_league_table

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League_2005-06#Final_league_table

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League_2004-05#Final_league_table

So, going by league positions after 38 games, you say we're just like Portsmouth and Villa? So, are Arsenal just like them too? Unless you're talking about JUST this season? In which case, assuming we win our game in hand, that means Chelsea are as good as Pompey and Villa too, right? We're not even halfway through the season, at this stage last season, weren't Reading in the top six? So does that mean that they're still as good as that now?

How did this thread turn into "Let's all attack Liverpool?" anyway?

when the fuck did i say that at the end of the year thats who you will be with? I said right now, with your SHIT home record, thats who you are comparable with, look how united, arse and city have dominated at home, its a big reason there ahead of you. make your home a fortress and you will be back on top, continue sucking at home, and your gonna end up like the teams i mentionend, so dont put words in my mouth. Im just pointing out the facts.

I wouldnt mind either milan or real tbh. Milan as I think the difference between the two teams is very small now. Last season it was just that bit of class from milan and the lack of speed creativity up front for us. This season milan, as far as i know, havent gotten any better with the same players all getting a year older. Wereas liverpool have added torres as the obvious player, but also babel as attacking players with a lot of speed. Pennent had a good game and made some good chances in the final and he looked like he was getting better before the injury. So with the fine line lost last time I think, especially over two legs, that we could beat them this year. Real as I fancy us against them because of their lack of defense and their general positivety would suit liverpool.

Wouldnt want Inter just because they are a bit like liverpool as they are a defensive minded team as far as I know. Not sure about Seville, would think on skill and squad and tactics that liverpool should beat them but would worry that the mental side of the team would get complacent. Although after this seasons matches they should know to be at their best for every game.

Wouldnt want barca either, cant see liverpool being so much better for two seasons as last time it was fairly comfortable. And would have been over at half time had we not hit the woodwork 3 times.

So Ill go for Real and Milan :D

So you are saying that you consider Man City as a "top4" team and superior to Liverpool? ;)

only because they dominate at home. 9-0 is pretty impressive mate

It's called "form" mate, ask Reading.

yeah and your home form is SHIT. Thats what i said you need to improve upon to get back to the top. I didnt say anything BUT that. I was just making an observation on why your not doing as well as top 4. If you continue to play this bad at home, dont expect to be in europe next year, agree or disagree?

only because they dominate at home. 9-0 is pretty impressive mate

Yeah that is impressive, even moreso when last season they could hardly score at home let alone win a match.

And as for saying how good teams are "right now" is pretty ridiculous imo. Thats like saying tottenham are relegation candidates and are shit because of it. Very short term and leaves no room for any insight or anything worthy of discussion. And that goes for liverpool being closer to portsmouth et all aswell.

Last season liverpool were confortably 3rd with arsenal scrapping 4th (and the season before being even closer to 5th place) and this season, after a great start (with a lot of home games) they are now the "default" championship contenders within the space of half a season. Its like saying mancity are championship contenders after 4games because they won them all. Its ridiculous and the winners and losers are made public at the end of the season. I personally dont think Arsenal will last the course and could start fading fast with a busy schedule and more away games (they were fortunate to win at villa, a draw at newcastle who only a few games before had been totally outplayed by liverpool and lost away at boro). But Im not going in to their thread to to say how they wont last on the basis of those games.

Liverpool have always had a very strong 2nd half of the season and are closer this season then the last couple and with a better result on sunday (win) would have been on course to overtake manu and be 3rd (the table I posted last week). Yet one game later and we have the manu fans coming in here to say how shit we are and dont have a chance. Whether we have enough to keep up and get closer is to be seen, but writing off a team that is continually improving (even with a few poor results) is premature and pretty pointless aswell. As is the fact to tell people not to moan about the result and accept liverpool are shit when we all know, with a bit of insight and thought, how close the margins are at the top. Especially this season. Chelsea lost to Arsenal after a goalie mistake, guess they are shit aswell, and possibly a massive 1 point ahead of Liverpool (who outplayed them at anfield and drew the game to a universally acknowleged poor decision).

Yep, Liverpool are shit and have no chance!

Yeah that is impressive, even moreso when last season they could hardly score at home let alone win a match.

And as for saying how good teams are "right now" is pretty ridiculous imo. Thats like saying tottenham are relegation candidates and are shit because of it. Very short term and leaves no room for any insight or anything worthy of discussion. And that goes for liverpool being closer to portsmouth et all aswell.

Last season liverpool were confortably 3rd with arsenal scrapping 4th (and the season before being even closer to 5th place) and this season, after a great start (with a lot of home games) they are now the "default" championship contenders within the space of half a season. Its like saying mancity are championship contenders after 4games because they won them all. Its ridiculous and the winners and losers are made public at the end of the season. I personally dont think Arsenal will last the course and could start fading fast with a busy schedule and more away games (they were fortunate to win at villa, a draw at newcastle who only a few games before had been totally outplayed by liverpool and lost away at boro). But Im not going in to their thread to to say how they wont last on the basis of those games.

Liverpool have always had a very strong 2nd half of the season and are closer this season then the last couple and with a better result on sunday (win) would have been on course to overtake manu and be 3rd (the table I posted last week). Yet one game later and we have the manu fans coming in here to say how shit we are and dont have a chance. Whether we have enough to keep up and get closer is to be seen, but writing off a team that is continually improving (even with a few poor results) is premature and pretty pointless aswell. As is the fact to tell people not to moan about the result and accept liverpool are shit when we all know, with a bit of insight and thought, how close the margins are at the top. Especially this season. Chelsea lost to Arsenal after a goalie mistake, guess they are shit aswell, and possibly a massive 1 point ahead of Liverpool (who outplayed them at anfield and drew the game to a universally acknowleged poor decision).

Yep, Liverpool are shit and have no chance!
dear god, i never said any of that. Do you guys take reading comprehension over there? :) I never wrote you off. I just suggested why your not doing as well as the top 4. I never said your season was over. You guys are putting words in my mouth. Pleaase find my qoutes where I said season is over for you and thats it... unfortunatley unlike you i cant see into the future, so "right now" is all i can talk about.

But "right now" isn't worth speculating to say if we keep this up then we wont be in Europe next year, I say it again, because it's form. Last year we had a poor away record and excellent home record up to a point, then it improved. Things change, form changes. Nobody (well, apart from Arsenal when they went the season unbeaten) goes through a season in the exact same form for the whole 38 games. And you'd (not specifically you, people in general) would be silly to say if we keep up how we're playing then blah blah, because it'd be quite ignorant to not expect us to improve our form.

Back
Top Bottom