Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Seriously, we lose one game, and people are comparing us to Villa and Portsmouth? As Dags said, it's just form. All teams go through bad patches. Need I remind you of ManU's poor form at the start of the season? People didn't start comparing them to mid table teams? And what about Chelsea, when they lost to Aston Vila, and drew against Fulham? Or Arsenal's poor performance against Newcastle and Middlesbrough? Nobody notices that, yet, people start jumping when Liverpool drop points. Wait till the end of the season, then we'll make judgements.

Theres no point in saying you're just having a bad patch if you're never gonna recover from them. Every year teams go through bad patches but the good teams climb back.
We've done it and you should be expecting it from your team too.

Theres no point in saying you're just having a bad patch if you're never gonna recover from them. Every year teams go through bad patches but the good teams climb back.
We've done it and you should be expecting it from your team too.

Are you saying we're NOT going to recover AKA winning again this season? Sorry I must have misread your lines there. :(

Least wanted :( Bloody Chelsea getting Olympiakos! Easy tie for them. Real hard for us but we can beat them.

Yeh, Chelsea got away with the easy one. We may still have the pleasure of knocking them off in the quarters though :)

All the other 3 have got tough draws. It would be great to beat those Inter cunts. Playing them away would be difficult, but Rafa is a genius in getting points away in Europe.

Last edited:

Damn it, the one team I didnt want!

The worst part I consider is playing at home first. 0-0 and then have to do something in the san siro is tough.

Yeh, Inter is just one of those teams, we haven't played for such a long time, we won't know what's coming.

TBH, I don't think it should be much of a problem. Lyon are no longer the same force they used to be a couple of seasons. Just watch out for Benzema, and don't give any free kicks to Juninho. You should be good.

Lyon have never done anything in the knock out stages and are a weaker team then from a couple of years ago. They are decent but arent as good anymore. Would expect manu to get through

Are you saying we're NOT going to recover AKA winning again this season? Sorry I must have misread your lines there. :(

I mean recover and reach your goal which is (atleast it should be) to win the title.

Olympiakos aren't easy. They've been fab this year in the CL and gave Real serious problems. Going away to their ground is difficult to. But if Chelsea control the tempo, they'll do it.

United will breeze past Lyon.

Great first half. Fairly comfortable so far. Benayoun, Kewell and Kuyt have been pretty good. Expect to see another goal or two.

Commentator on the channel i'm watching on thinks it might be our best first half Prem performance under Benitez.

Torres! 3-1. I told you he'd be good signing. ;)

I'm sure Jeff Stelling just said he has already scored 20 goals this season? :shock:

13 now I believe. Not bad considering he was rested a lot early on, then out for a number of weeks injured.

Guess this is a lucky win then eh? Oh, Portsmouth are a rubbish team too, even though we're just as good as them, right? And if Torres wasn't playing, we'd be rubbish too because we're a one man team, just like we were when Gerrard was our one man team ...

;)

Torres! 3-1. I told you he'd be good signing. ;)

I'm sure Jeff Stelling just said he has already scored 20 goals this season? :shock:

he said 12, it was actually his 13th at the time. He's now scored his 14th

Jeff was wrong!

14TH

14 Theirry Henry? Certainly reminds me of him.

He's scored as much as he did in his entire last season, in 20 games.

Last edited:

You're right - Benjani! 2-1. :D

I was sure this was coming. I was just thinking about the post I made after that goal :lol:

Thankfully, we have Mr. Torres to complete the job. Can't remember a player adapting and playing so well in his first season in the Premier League. Surely, one of the best strikers in the world right now.

Easy, portsmouth were never in it, even after getting the goal to make it 2-1 liverpool just stepped back up a gear and never looked like conceding again tbh. After the 2-0 after 15 min the team hardly played and didnt even get out of 1st gear. They looked like they were wasting time by keeping possesion at the back for nearly 30min. Atleast it felt like that. 2nd half was much of the same till a good goal from portsmouth. Liverpool stepped up a gear and scored another 2.

Good performance, if not beautiful to watch for goal chances.

Commentator on the channel i'm watching on thinks it might be our best first half Prem performance under Benitez.

Heard that aswell, not sure really. As for best football I wouldnt say so. Liverpool have played more dangerous and more inventive/attractive on a number of occasions this season. But from a perspective of total control and not having to even step up then quite possibly. After 15min they were alreading looking like they were saving themselves for the upcoming schedule :D

Just a shame keane missed the pen earlier today otherwise we could have possibly gained a couple of points on arsenal.

Last edited:

Does anyone else feel Gerrard is playing too deep these days? He had an average game, but he wasn't really going forward that much. Benayoun and Mash were brilliant today.

Back
Top Bottom