Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

may have let our foot off the gas...too early

But still a great run form Gerrard to score the winner.

index.php

Oh and btw.

I'm sure Paul Jewell appreciated the anti-scouse songs from his side's neandathal fans.

"Sign on, Sign On".....oh the irony. Derby, one of the pits of England.

What was Jewell saying?

You're saying about the transfer window, but let's home Rafa's hands aren't tied (or we've missed targets) because of those daft American's not getting their arse into gear when Rafa needs it.

Oh and btw.

I'm sure Paul Jewell appreciated the anti-scouse songs from his side's neandathal fans.

"Sign on, Sign On".....oh the irony. Derby, one of the pits of England.

That pisses me off that song, can't someone think of anything original? Derby fans must've sung that song at least six times during the game. Please, get some originallity and stop acting like sheep?

Why do we need to wait for the team to get an equalizer to shift to the next year. The players arn't the problem (well Voronin and Riise are, but apart from them). It's our winning mentality. Our teams seems to be too scared to get into the title race. Look at ManU, and how clinically they finished off Sunderland. It's all about mentality IMO (and a little bit about money).

PS What happened to all the hype regarding Babel :(

Hype from who? The press? They barely pay us any attention so don't worry. Babel is a class player, the lad is only young is already showing he can mix it with the best of us. Same with Lucas. They're only getting better too.

Some interesting comments on BBC 606:

"Having spent god knows how many £M's over the last 5 years - doesn't it worry you that 2 out of your best 3 players are still Gerrard & Carragher (i.e. homegrowns)?????"

"We are not even challenging...just trying to keep up."

Unfortunately, both have a point :(

Hype from who? The press? They barely pay us any attention so don't worry. Babel is a class player, the lad is only young is already showing he can mix it with the best of us. Same with Lucas. They're only getting better too.

Some interesting comments on BBC 606:

"Having spent god knows how many £M's over the last 5 years - doesn't it worry you that 2 out of your best 3 players are still Gerrard & Carragher (i.e. homegrowns)?????"

"We are not even challenging...just trying to keep up."

Unfortunately, both have a point :(

2 of your best three players being homegrown and LOCAL is actually something to be proud of. No other top six team can say that. Even if we are just trying to keep up, then so be it. We need to cut the points gap on last season, which I think we will do. The only way to improve is to play and to keep winning.

Besides I think we have 4-5 world class players. We're still missing Agger too, who should be back in Jan.

Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Carragher, Alonso/Agger (Alonso has been poor for his high standards)

Last edited:

Very true, Benitez's transfer policy is- buy plenty of decent players (squad players) and very few top class players. They are spot on, apart from Gerrard, Mascherano, Carragher and Torres, all our other players are not championship winning quality at all. We need a left back, a centre back, two wingers, and a support striker. I feel Morton Gamst Pedersen will fit perfectly in Liverpool's system, and having someone like Rafael Van der Vaart behind Torres would add a new dimension to out attacking thread. However, knowing Rafa, he's just going to get another Bellamy or Pennant-esque player.

PS What happened to all the hype regarding Babel

Guess he had one bad game and now he's crap? He's young and is a rough diamond. Needs more time imo, but he had already shown the quality he has when coming on as a sub.

Didnt see the match so cant comment in that regard. However Derby have a different manager and are definitly a more fighting team then under the other guy, so, like birmingham, wigan, etc, they are still in the "new manager" fase and are perfoming better then they normally would. Still no excuse, but its valid reason to not expect a rout like at anfield.

The team should be strong enough as the starting line up was more then enough to beat most teams. However there are probably too many "squad players" and not enough starters in the team atm. We have torres, gerrard, reina and carra. But the rest of the team are fairly generic as they can be chopped and changed and it wont make too much difference. In one regard that is good as that means the team, if its strong enough, can keep fresh and compete. However its still just not enough for the start as the points dropped may just be too much to haul back with extra fitness in the latter part of the season.

Everytime Ive seen Babel start games (Porto away, Besiktas away, Birmingham and today) he's been poor. He's scored goals, whenever we have already won our games. I am not saying he is crap, but he hasn't provided the spark when we needed.

Everytime Ive seen Babel start games (Porto away, Besiktas away, Birmingham and today) he's been poor. He's scored goals, whenever we have already won our games. I am not saying he is crap, but he hasn't provided the spark when we needed.

but everytime he's played as a right or left midfielder

And of those games every one has been a crap team performance. He's too young and its too early for him to be the player the team needs to look to to make difference imo. I remember in the besiktas game he made some good runs and put in some decent crosses. Its just that most of the time there wasnt any players around him willing to do anything. He's still a palyer that is good when the rest of the team is good and he can then make some difference and improves the team with his pace and shooting. He's not a gerrard or torres though, atleast not yet.

My dad was the entertainer at Stevie G's god daughters party a few weeks back. Stevie G turned up with is mate, Jay McEverly. I guess he will be thanking him tonight :lol: :D

I thought their goal was lucky. They played well particularly in the 2nd half when we ran around like headless christmas turkeys, but that freekick took two deflections and fell straight into his feet with Reina stranded at the near post because he didn't even know McEverly was there.

Watched the highlights on dutch tele yesterday and Derby didnt threaten much at all, one chance in the first half, the goal and the late header in the 2nd. Liverpool could, and should have had it wrapped up with the ball hitting the bar, alonso having a couple of good shots aswell, babel being wasteful in the first half. The only thing they showed in the 2nd half was the dirty tackles going in from derby (carra getting a knee high kick & a couple of others aswell). The way the highlights went Liverpool went off the gas and when they equalised they started to play and created a host of chances again. Dont know if it was that way in the match though.

Yeh i watched it all , we were piss poor , hating this season so far , we lack passion , derby were crap! but then we did not turn up , how many times have we said that this season, those yanks are killing the team , we are slowly losing our identity!
any way it can only get better, thank god for torres, loved his goal yesterday, even though the derby defence just stood there, the yanks promise money in jan ...hope so...little chance of the league title but hopefully win a cup or two...;)

Nice to see Man City drawing. So we win our game in hand, we go third on 39 points. 5 points behind Arsenal and 6 behind United. We're still very much in the title race it seems. Hopefully Rafa's rotation will pay off in these later months when other teams players get tired and the players we rested will be fitter.

beating City will be no easy task though. Thought they looked good today despite their failings at the back. Bianchi has great positioning in the box, a typical Italian striker. Petrov is the best winger in the league after Ronaldo.

Then the game in hand is still a while off and it will be against West Ham. Again another tricky one.

I havent seen many ManCity games this season but I get the impression that they are a counter team at home, is this correct? It may have to do with last seasons failings, but I get the impression teams now go there thinking they should win and thus let mancity counter while the away team attacks. I could be wrong, but if thats the case Liverpool really need to watch out if they are thinking of being the attacking team on sunday.

blimey that rumours been around for 2 years. Who needs quaresma when we've got 16yr old Ross County winger Alex Cooper :D

players we are linked with this Jan:

IN's

E.Garay
D.Bentley
T.Ufulasji
D.Albelda (why? Sissoko going probs)
Chelini
W.Bridge
G.Pandev
J.Menez
A.Turan
D.Villa
G.D.Santos
G.Henize :D
N.Anelka
J.Casado
Vincente
Canizares

OUTS:

Riise -Villa
Carson-Villa
Crouch-Villa, City
Sissoko- Juventus, Inter, Barca
Alonso- Juventus, Barca

I wil update this post as new names come in :D

Last edited:

Ive heard the Heinze one aswell, but Im sure they cant actually do that due to fifa regulations. It says a player can only have 2 clubs per season. It a rule to make sure players arent moving around every 6 months. Now I dont know whether his license was still in Manu's possesion when the "new season" started. Im not sure whether it starts with the end of the transferwindow or just the beginning of august/end of juli. Either way, if manu still had the license when the new period started it means he would have to wait till next summer.

From the outgoing I would only want to keep Alonso. The rest can go. Crocuh for his moaning, as I think he can be a very usefull player against certain opposition and it would be better to keep him. But really we need two top finishers, especially with all the chances we create.

Also did anyone see blackburns equaliser yesterday? They deserved it, but how can dunn not be offfside and interfering with play?!?! Thats a terrible decision from the ref.

I don't want Quaresma. Horrible bastard. Before the match against Porto, he came out saying how good he was, how he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, talking in third person (like a tit) and saying how he's going to enjoy making Liverpool fans cry.

What an arrogant, pompous twat. The boy has skill, but he has an ego bigger than his skill and we don't want that kind of ego at Anfield.

Back
Top Bottom