Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Look at yesterday's match how you want - I thought it was a good result. Man City are dogged at home. I enjoyed the match.

He's banned

D'oh.......obviously, forgot all about that :lol:

@ plan M, yeah it is a decent result based on mancity's home record. However them not posing a threat for the whole match and liverpool dominating and getting very close, together with manu's slipup means we really should have won. Everytime any one of the top3 slip up by losing or drawing Liverpool never seem to be able to capitalise. Very annoying. Although a likely win against wigan would make it 10/12 points over the xmas period. Hopefully chelsea and arsenal can drop some points tommorow.

I only see an Arsenal win tomorrow - although West Ham seem to like beating us and the Gooners home and away! Chelsea might drop points in their derby match though.

Juventus seem to be offering 14 million Euros for Sissoko. That's some deal. Get rid of him, and buy that kid Jeremy Menez.

Juve really seem to want Momo. I would sell for that money at the drop of a hat.

Even if he does rediscover his form, we've already got Mascherano who was flawless against City the other day. Our CM department is chokka.

The Ufulasji deal is off and we are back in for Garay!! Good news.

Juventus seem to be offering 14 million Euros for Sissoko. That's some deal. Get rid of him, and buy that kid Jeremy Menez.

Uh .. WHO? :lmao:

Forgive me for being ignorant hahaha :)

Happy new year boys (we had a blast @ sydney harbour!)

Whats his best position , i heard he plays on the wing but also plays upfront? Apparantly us Arsenal and you lot have been interested in this kid

He plays the 'No. 10' role basically. Just behind the main striker, as a play maker, but likes to drift to the wings. Just the type of player we are looking for to play behind Torres.

Yes, Arsenal and ManU have been interested in him, but he's a Liverpool supporter, and he'll come to Anfield :p

Andy Gray was quite positive about Aurelio in his commentary yesterday! He did do very well against City. I hope he gets a good run in the side now. He's a very good passer.

Aurelio is defo our best LB. He just keeps getting injured after a brilliant run in the team, which is a shame.

Gets forward and can pass, cross, shoot and take set pieces.

Happy New Years fellow Reds! Confident we can charge towards the title 2nd half of the season!

I think if we go on a good run we can finish within 7 points of Arse/Scum, but it would be nothing short of a miracle to win the thing.

Unless of course we win every game including the away trips to the Bridge, Emirates and Toilet..........:D

Last edited:

We won't win the league this year, unless we go on our best form possible, with Kuyt and Voronin scoring goals. Not gonna happen.

Anyways, look at this

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...ascherano-is-pleading-to-stay-64375-20301251/

If Mash is actually pleading for them to sign, they just have to do it. If they manage to let him go, I can't see how they can continue as owners. They can't just let world class players like Mascherano go. We can't be serious title contenders if we let the few world class players we have, go.

He plays the 'No. 10' role basically. Just behind the main striker, as a play maker, but likes to drift to the wings. Just the type of player we are looking for to play behind Torres.

Sounds like Kuyt........

Not really. Kuyt is slow, has poor passing abiliy and can't beat a defender for his life. This guy is pacy, good passer, and his some nice tricks up his sleeve.

Kuyt is slow, has poor passing abiliy and can't beat a defender for his life. This guy is pacy, good passer, and his some nice tricks up his sleeve.

Pffff, thats a relieve :D I think torres needs more support in the centre and not a "nr10" player. We have quite a few midfielders that get forward and look for the nice passes to put torres clear (gerrard, kewell, beninoon) so just having another of these types of players isnt the best option imo. Ofcourse if he can actually get past players he could be very good with both torres and crouch playing as, like at man city, torres cant beat two good defenders on his own, same as against manu. You need to keep the other defender busy aswell imo.

Anyway, just read masch's comments. The owners will really be f#$king up if they manage to lose him to barca or any other of the top teams. Especially with mo reportedly getting a offer for 10mil. That 7mil is nothing when you look at the skill/quality difference and how important a player like him is in the top euro games.

Last edited:

Strong murmourings from several fansites suggest we have signed Juan Arango from Malloca. We have been linked with him the past.

5 goals in 10 starts so far this season from Midfield.

Plays behind the Striker, or on the wing:roll::lmao:

I've seen him play on a few occasions and he has always impressed. Drops deep and pulls the strings, flair and power, not too much pace, scores some crackers from range.

Sounds a bit like Kuyt, except Kuyt plays slightly more forward than midfield. Why would we sign him? Unless he's a QUALITY winger, we don't need someone else who can play in midfield. Where's the defender? Winger(s)? Striker?

Grabbed this from the RAWK forums:

http://www.videosdefutbol.net/videos241.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Arango is a really good player. Plays behind the striker. Pretty good passer, and has an explosive left foot. And yes, please don't compare him to Kuyt.

But I'm not sure if he has the quality we need to play with Torres.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom