Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

The man tells the truth. We've had the money and we can mix it with Utd on the transfer front now. We're getting there, each year we're getting closer to challenging/winning the league though. And this year I feel we have got a squad to really compete with Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal.

you's lot have been saying that since '91, year on year improvements...bollox..even siddy are in front of you.

It's true. We've been saying for years, that next year will be the one where we challenge for the title.

Well if I can take anything positive from the two matches today it's that all 4 teams are very very close to each other. 2 mistakes today have cost two teams the points. 0-0 at anfield would have been fair and arsenal only really managed to get some good attacks when chelsea were pushing on. Arsenal were the slightly better team but even then they werent looking like scoring and it took a cech error to get the goal.

Anyway, when does the CL start again? :D Liverpool need to win all their xmas games and hope the others slip up atleast once as a minimum 6 points is still a lot with the away games still to go.

Thought Kuyt should have stayed on instead of Torres. Torres didnt really do much today. Babel and Crouch were good subs. Too bad Liverpool couldn't convert their dominance in possession.

Yeh, we're back to the Champions League for our hopes of winning a trophy! :D :lol:

I think the draw is on the 21st this month, but the knockout matches are from 20th February :(

Our next game is again very tough against Portsmouth. I would like to see Torres and Babel up front, just to see what they can provide. I was just thinking, the irony of all this is that on the rare occasion that Rafa doesn't rotate his side, we lose. At least he has an excuse to defend his policy.

PS Any idea if the owners or Rafa will hold a press conference regarding the meeting?

Edit: Just read this at the RAWK forum. It's just a joke, don't take it seriously

The rules of being a Liverpool fans:
1. Never write off our chance of winning the title until it is mathematically not possible
2. This season is always our season, at least until win nothing in the end of the season and next season will be ours again, until we win nothing again but don't worry the season after next will be ours again
3. Always see the bright side of a problem. Remember, it's only 10 points off the leader of the table and it's still December. If we are left behind by 15 points by the end of January, again it's only 15 points and it's still January anyway.
4. Pray for the best to our club and pray for the worst to the others (i.e. may they lose points every week)
5. Remember we always have the Champions League to forget all our under achievement domestically.

Last edited:

well that shows how bitter you are. I can't recall anytitme Liverpool fans started mouthing off on your thread, apart from the derby defeat of course.

:roll: ha seems fans are only bitter after defeat , are you bitter today? Have a good look in the mirror! ;)

As much as I hated to hear people point them, those are what we have now and have been for the last few seasons.

Bad game, too bad Gerrard didn't really shone in the game, Torres was completely shut out by Ferdinand, and .. Patrice Evra, what a find by MU. He was My MOTM.

:roll: ha seems fans are only bitter after defeat , are you bitter today? Have a good look in the mirror! ;)

Mate, it's not even banter. You're blatantly trying to stir shit up and there's no need for it. Give it a rest eh?

Mate, it's not even banter. You're blatantly trying to stir #### up and there's no need for it. Give it a rest eh?

What?...Seems liverpool fans enjoy defeat then , no stirring ,just stating a point . you can huff and puff all season long (we gonna win this , we gonna do that) but when you lose its just sour grapes. its pathetic. hopeful, but pathetic, you aint that good, wake up.

What?...Seems liverpool fans enjoy defeat then , no stirring ,just stating a point . you can huff and puff all season long (we gonna win this , we gonna do that) but when you lose its just sour grapes. its pathetic. hopeful, but pathetic, you aint that good, wake up.

No stirring, just stating a point? It's not, it's clearly trying to start shit up and get peoples back up. There's been plenty of Mancs making comments about today but how many of them posted photos and gloated so much? And it's their team! You're clearly a wind-up merchant, end of.

Don't see any reason to read any of your threads, I only ever see you on the Liverpool thread anyway, and that's to troll. I know it doesn't bother you but I'm just gonna add you to my ignore list. Not like your posts are worth anything anyway :roll:

Not your mate by the way! you sound upset , glad you have noticed me because this the first ive come across you, exciting eh. i have lots of good banter with the red-##### on here, you dont have any personality.

Last edited:

yeah he does, your just a bit of a cock :)

We were crap uptop today. Babel surprised me when he came on, he gave us that urgency and the willingess to run at players. Thats what we needed torres to do, even if it meant dropping a bit deeper to get the ball.

Kuyt was shit again, Riise had a decent game which makes a change. We just lacked that bit of creativity again.

jesus give it a rest last week torres was best ever now he`s forgotten , stop bigin your selves up all the timel babel is ordinary at best!
outa here motd will be on soon ;)

He makes a fair point. You guys were all over Torres and today he gave you nothing.
You were basically lacking what he should have been providing.

So because Torres didn't light the place up, he's rubbish? We're all over Torres because he's easily one of the worlds best players. Ronaldo was quiet today ...

Torres has the ability to be one of the world's best, I wouldn't say he is one of the world's best yet - give the boy a few years. You're right, Ronaldo went missing against you lot - proves we don't rely on one player like some say!

So because Torres didn't light the place up, he's rubbish? We're all over Torres because he's easily one of the worlds best players. Ronaldo was quiet today ...
Ronaldo wasnt even half as bad as Torres was. I'm not even exaggerating it when I say I couldnt remember a moment when he touched the ball, and thats saying something seeing how you lot dominated possession in that game.
And nowhere did anyone call Torres rubbish...

Torres had a quiet game. But then with our midfield stuck so far away and kuyt running the wings he was left on his own for most of the game against about 3/4 manu players. He may have beaten 4 marseille players on wednesday but you cant expect him to be able to do much in the situation he was in in yesterdays game. He just didnt have any support.

Put myself through the misery of watching that game again. I dont know what was worse - watching us huff and puff for 90 minutes not using our heads or knowing that the opposition are supposed to be the cream of the prem.

Bloody awful.

Put myself through the misery of watching that game again. I dont know what was worse - watching us huff and puff for 90 minutes not using our heads or knowing that the opposition are supposed to be the cream of the prem.

Bloody awful.
:lol: Is it even possible for you to make a post without having a go at us? Its sad really.

What I found the most annoying was the total lack of composure in the final 3rd. We managed to get there often enough but nearly every player was trying one touch passing without even looking for another player. We lost possesion so many times because of that.

It reminded me of our poor form from earlier in the season. All the players were rushed, when the form came back, or the composure, we started playing well and looked very dangerous. Babel atleast brought that back a bit when he came on, but when all the rest of them are playing 100mph headless footie when its not even needed its just pointless.

We just couldn't play our football yesterday. ManU went with a very thought out plan. Get a goal, and just kill the game, and that's what they did. We had no creativity, no spark, no composure. Time to move on now, we have some tough fixtures next.

Do you think we will sign Mascherano in the transfer window? He's a great defensive midfielder, but I think paying 17 million for him, when we are short of funds, isn't the best deal and we could spend somewhere else. We already have a really good midfield (which didn't show up yesterday) in Gerrard, Alonso and Lucas (who will be very big one day, mark my words).

Yesterday, it showed me, we need a really good winger, someone who can create some spark, and not play pointless long balls towards Vidic and Ferdinand. I won't mind seeing someone like Pedersen. He hasn't had a great season, but he's proved himself in the EPL, has got a good shot, provides dangerous balls into the penalty area, is 2 footed, and a pretty decent free kick taker. However, I am not sure how much he will cost, and whether the other 3 try to buy him as well (about time he moves to a bigger club).

:lol: Is it even possible for you to make a post without having a go at us? Its sad really.

He is a bitter Scouser mate, what do you expect? Anyone with half a football brain cell knows that we play the beautiful game. Liverpool spent over £30 million on players in the summer but they still play football like England under Graham Taylor i.e. clueless and long-ball.

We just couldn't play our football yesterday. ManU went with a very thought out plan. Get a goal, and just kill the game, and that's what they did. We had no creativity, no spark, no composure. Time to move on now, we have some tough fixtures next.

Do you think we will sign Mascherano in the transfer window? He's a great defensive midfielder, but I think paying 17 million for him, when we are short of funds, isn't the best deal and we could spend somewhere else. We already have a really good midfield (which didn't show up yesterday) in Gerrard, Alonso and Lucas (who will be very big one day, mark my words).

Yesterday, it showed me, we need a really good winger, someone who can create some spark, and not play pointless long balls towards Vidic and Ferdinand. I won't mind seeing someone like Pedersen. He hasn't had a great season, but he's proved himself in the EPL, has got a good shot, provides dangerous balls into the penalty area, is 2 footed, and a pretty decent free kick taker. However, I am not sure how much he will cost, and whether the other 3 try to buy him as well (about time he moves to a bigger club).

I think we'd be silly not to buy Mascherano! The man is one of the best DMC's around, I'd even say better than Gattuso. Okay we have Alonso and Lucas, but they're more offensive minded whereas Masch is good at putting it about and breaking things up more aggresively.

Sorry Dags, you're off your head if you think Mascherano is better than Gattuso - he had a good World Cup and that's it. He was crap at West Ham and isn't exactly lighting up Anfield.

What's wrong with Sissoko, I haven't seen much of him to be honest.

So that was good from you yesterday was it? A team sitting on the edge of your 18 yard box with both Giggs and Rooney helping out the defence and using Ronaldo as a breakaway? You are supposed to be the champions of free flowing attacking football, or so you harp on about but i saw none of that yesterday.

Im not bitter, im not sure what you want me to say? ive already criticsed my own team (like i always do) and United were worse.

He is a bitter Scouser mate, what do you expect? Anyone with half a football brain cell knows that we play the beautiful game. Liverpool spent over £30 million on players in the summer but they still play football like England under Graham Taylor i.e. clueless and long-ball.

WOW.

the most hypocritical post EVER after yesterdays park a bus tactic. :lmao:

WOW.

the most hypocritical post EVER after yesterdays park a bus tactic. :lmao:

That's right, we should of played a really open game and let you score! :roll: We were the AWAY team mate - the result was more important. Wait for Old Trafford!

Back
Top Bottom