Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

yes he didnt score against arsenal this year, and he didnt score two at highbury
three years ago, and he wasnt the best player in the FA Cup Final, he didnt make the winning penalty against england in the world cup, he didnt score twice against Roma in the CL knockout phase(and completley dominate the match), he didnt score in the CL semi-final, he didnt score twice against Man city last year(both victories in a derby) and all the goals he scores between the so called "big games" mean nothing... because after all the only games that matter are the ones against liverpool, chelsea, and arsenal. Your right he never comes up big.

Oh Gomito, are you using rome again as a big match?! Half the team scored against them, lol. One of your fellow supporters agrees that against chelsea and liverpool he does go missing due to the extra defensive measures, which is half of the big games
Im talking about
. I didnt see the arsenal match this year, but last year both home (0-1 loss) and away (2-1 loss) he didnt do anything other then some flashy backheel passes. As for the milan games, he didnt make a difference did he? It was rooney with 2 goals, and the away game he again was up to the backheel passes with nothing else to show, oh besides a petulant kick and yellow if I remember correctly. It was Kaka that made the difference, and showed up that ronaldo still has some way to go before being the top player in the world.

As for being the best player in the FA cup final, I said the player that makes a difference, wasnt drogba the one to score and win it for chelsea?! And as for the goals scored between the big matches, yes they are meaningless, as Im talking about the BIG MATCHES!!! Honestly, actually look at what Im saying before going into your defens-fest for ronaldo. He's a really good player, and can be a great one when he finds the knack of making the difference in the big games like for example cantona could do. Im not having a go at him, I was looking at what the different aspects of the upcoming match could be and I dont think it will be ronaldo to make a difference, more likely rooney or tevez imo. No need to go off on a rant about how amazing he is and how he performs in the big games, as so far you havent managed to convince me with your example's.

Don't write off Anderson and Hargreaves mate.

Im not, just think masch and gerrard are too strong for them, and that scholes is the better option when fit.

I dont think it means that much, lfc cant go above us...

We have got a game in hand, so if we win sunday and that match we go, theoretically equal and possible have a better goal difference, meaning we go above you lot :D

For a more interesting title race we should all really want both liverpool and chelsea to win. With the possible 3 points from the game in hand it would mean that at nearly the halfway stage the top 4 would be seperated by 3 points or so. I cant even remember the last time that was the case.

Last edited:

FACE IT BOYS U MUNICH SCUMBAGS ARE GOIN DOWN BIGTIME. UR COMING TO FORTRESS ANFIELD TO GET EMBARRASSED BY THE SPANISH ARMADA!
we've been in the dark too long. move over man u. and let the 18times champs take back their crown

peace

:roll:

Oh Gomito, are you using rome again as a big match?! Half the team scored against them, lol. One of your fellow supporters agrees that against chelsea and liverpool he does go missing due to the extra defensive measures, which is half of the big games
Im talking about
. I didnt see the arsenal match this year, but last year both home (0-1 loss) and away (2-1 loss) he didnt do anything other then some flashy backheel passes. As for the milan games, he didnt make a difference did he? It was rooney with 2 goals, and the away game he again was up to the backheel passes with nothing else to show, oh besides a petulant kick and yellow if I remember correctly. It was Kaka that made the difference, and showed up that ronaldo still has some way to go before being the top player in the world.

As for being the best player in the FA cup final, I said the player that makes a difference, wasnt drogba the one to score and win it for chelsea?! And as for the goals scored between the big matches, yes they are meaningless, as Im talking about the BIG MATCHES!!! Honestly, actually look at what Im saying before going into your defens-fest for ronaldo. He's a really good player, and can be a great one when he finds the knack of making the difference in the big games like for example cantona could do. Im not having a go at him, I was looking at what the different aspects of the upcoming match could be and I dont think it will be ronaldo to make a difference, more likely rooney or tevez imo. No need to go off on a rant about how amazing he is and how he performs in the big games, as so far you havent managed to convince me with your example's.

Im not, just think masch and gerrard are too strong for them, and that scholes is the better option when fit.

We have got a game in hand, so if we win sunday and that match we go, theoretically equal and possible have a better goal difference, meaning we go above you lot :D

For a more interesting title race we should all really want both liverpool and chelsea to win. With the possible 3 points from the game in hand it would mean that at nearly the halfway stage the top 4 would be seperated by 3 points or so. I cant even remember the last time that was the case.

you obviously dont get my post, all matches are big in the prem. if you beat chelsea but lose to wigan, it cancels out, right? Tiki do you get 4 points for beating Man United?

Agree with your position that all games in the prem are big, after all last seasons top big 4 team was arsenal but they finished 4th. However, again, I was talking relative to the upcoming game in which I dont see ronaldo making the difference. Anyway, as for getting 4 points? Im assuming you mean in reference to going above manu? Here's the current table:
1 Arsenal 16 19 37
2 Man Utd 16 21 36
3 Chelsea 16 15 34
4 Liverpool 15 18 30

And this is it with a win for liverpool sunday with a minimal 1 goal difference win ( with a chelsea win thrown in):

1 Arsenal 17 18 37
2 Chelsea 17 16 37
3 Man Utd 17 20 36
4 Liverpool 16 19 33

And this is the table with liverpools game in hand being a 1-0 win:

1 Arsenal 17 18 37
2 Chelsea 17 16 37
3 Liverpool 17 20 36
4 Man Utd 17 20 36

Liverpool go above on individual result with manu, or alfabet? Either way, if we win either of the games by more then a 1 goal margin we are above manu on goal difference. Potentially its amazingly close! And with liverpool's 2nd half of the season record over the past 2 years it makes for even better viewing as a liverpool supporter.

Last edited:

FACE IT BOYS U MUNICH SCUMBAGS ARE GOIN DOWN BIGTIME. UR COMING TO FORTRESS ANFIELD TO GET EMBARRASSED BY THE SPANISH ARMADA!
we've been in the dark too long. move over man u. and let the 18times champs take back their crown

peace

That's not very nice.

Last edited:

Glad the team is the same as against Marseille. I really don't know about this match. Can go anywhere. Torres could be key for us.

Robbed. They didn't do fuck all, had no possesion and only wild shots. Fouling us all of the time and I'm surprised there weren't more bookings.

Saying that, we created fuck all and Kuyt really did look off the pace, no creativity and spent far too much time either on the wings or with his back to goal (where he proceded to lose possesion). A pretty poor showing from Liverpool and a 0-0 draw would've been a fair result.

we didnt need to create anything after we went ahead, we were confident off stopping you lot, plus when you just lump it forward all the time vidic and ferdinand aint gonna lose many in the air

Robbed? :lol:

You didn't do anything in attack - just long-balls and poor passes/shots. Torres was crap, Gerrard played too deep and Kuyt is just out of his league at Liverpool. United had a gameplan and it worked - same as last season.

Unlucky Scousers, you always have the Carling Cup on Wednesday to look forward to! ;)

What do you fucking expect.

Kuyt/Tevez
Riise/Evra

No-one will stop United winning the league this year. Rich barstards.

Rafa fucked up with subs. Oh well, the next time we beat you it will be all the more sweeter.

Two shots cleared off the line was more of an effort than you put in. Utd did fuck all, didn't do a thing except sit back. Torres isn't a magician, he can't make up a play from his own half, he has to work with the play he's given ... and he was given shit. We were awful today.

You're right about Gerrard and Kuyt. And the long balls, Carragher pisses me right off when he lumps it constantly. But at the end of the day, I can't see why any Utd fan (or anyone) would say Utd deserved to win when they didn't test Reina whereas we had VD Sarr flapping three times and nearly scored twice only to be cleared, along with Babel scraping a shot just wide.

What a loss :(

Neither Torres, nor Gerrard turned up today, and we needed one of them to fire. It was a pretty boring match tbh, since both teams defended very strongly. I won't see ManU were clearly the better team, but they managed to score, and defend their lead.

Well, it does seem very, very difficult for us now to challenge for the title, though it does seem most pundits have forgotten our game in hand.

Two shots cleared off the line was more of an effort than you put in. Utd did fuck all, didn't do a thing except sit back. Torres isn't a magician, he can't make up a play from his own half, he has to work with the play he's given ... and he was given shit. We were awful today.

You're right about Gerrard and Kuyt. And the long balls, Carragher pisses me right off when he lumps it constantly. But at the end of the day, I can't see why any Utd fan (or anyone) would say Utd deserved to win when they didn't test Reina whereas we had VD Sarr flapping three times and nearly scored twice only to be cleared, along with Babel scraping a shot just wide.

banner_bl_s.jpg

:) ;)

This is why we are champions mate - we win tough games away. As a scouser, I'd be more worried about the poor attacking football you play at HOME.

draw would have been a fairer result but as usual you have some sort of bogey mark and the run of the ball whenever we meet you.

I forgot to add that I think Mashcherano was brilliant again today. Didn't let Ronaldo get in the game at all. It will be a huge loss if we fail to sign him.

Hmmm beat again lads !
Never felt quite like singin the blue`s when Everton win and liverpool lose oh yeh , Got me singing the blues

merry christmas from your bitter blues :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

well that shows how bitter you are. I can't recall anytitme Liverpool fans started mouthing off on your thread, apart from the derby defeat of course.

Win a Premier League game? :lol: Everton get a bit of form and think they're the best team on the planet now? :lol:

What do you fucking expect.

Kuyt/Tevez
Riise/Evra

No-one will stop United winning the league this year. Rich barstards.

Rich? You spent how much in Summer? On a bunch of second rate shithouses (and Torres). Gillett and Hicks aren't exactly poor are they?

You'll win nothing if, even with all the money in the world, you don't buy world-class players.

Rich? You spent how much in Summer? On a bunch of second rate shithouses (and Torres). Gillett and Hicks aren't exactly poor are they?

You'll win nothing if, even with all the money in the world, you don't buy world-class players.

The man tells the truth. We've had the money and we can mix it with Utd on the transfer front now. We're getting there, each year we're getting closer to challenging/winning the league though. And this year I feel we have got a squad to really compete with Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom