Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I'm not nervous personally. Maybe over-confident though, I don't think we'll struggle too much. We have enough about our team to win comfortably. And in Torres, we have a magnificent player who can win us any game. I truly feel with him playing, we can beat anyone.

Cisse can be a worry for us though. I did rate him when he was at Liverpool, his pace is worrying and going up against Carra and likely Hyppia isn't too good. Hopefully Mascherano can keep tags on him.

Cisse is not going to play so don't worry :).

I don't see Marseille winning because Liverpool has to win. But it should be a great game.

Is he injured again/still? How has he been performing for you? What about Zenden? I never rated Zenden at all.

Cissé was on the bench for the last 6 games. Now that we have a good team he only plays the last 5 minutes :/. I'm sorry for him and he may have to leave during the mercato as the fans are booeing at him most of the time. And I disagree. For his sake, he better score the winning goal in the couple minutes he is going to play :).

Zenden had a bad start but now he is okay. He seems to play better against strong teams.

Last edited:

Why are they booing him? He can be lazy, which is the main reason he was sold I think.

cisse is one of the most injured/overrated player i've seen

Last edited:

One trick pony, everytime I saw him play all he ever did was kick the ball forward and try to run around the defender. Half the time the ball would hit the defender. However, he did have a really good goalscoring record. Scored 19 goals in his last season with us and most of the time when he played it was on the wing. Veyr much a houllier signing as i think he could have been a decent replacement/addition to/for owen. Benitez plays totally different though, even if the longball commentators cant see that.

Why are they booing him? He can be lazy, which is the main reason he was sold I think.

He is less lazy and defends now but he often missed good chances. He tries complicated things so he doesn't score a lot. He is not efficient because all the other players can't make him play right, we couldn't use his skills.

People are blaming him for the bad start of the season. He needs to score in a big game but it's not going to happen since Cissé can't play with Niang and Niang is our best striker and the coach's favourite. That's why I can't see him stay in Marseille after December.

He's a very different player to Kuyt to be fair. Kuyt is suited to a more AMC/FC role whereas Cisse is an out-and-out striker who can play right up on the wing. Kuyt is better defensively whereas Cisse can't defend but is a better finisher maybe?

Sissoko fumes at Reds axe
by Laurent Picard, 10 December 2007

Mohamed Sissoko has hit out at his exclusion from the Liverpool side to face Marseille in the crucial Champions League tie at Stade Velodrome, insisting he will discuss his future at the Merseyside club in January.

The Mali midfielder played in the disappointing 3-1 defeat to Reading on Saturday but will be sidelined when Rafa Benitez's side bid to clinch the three points that will take them into the knockout stages of the competition.

"It is in France, all my family are there and they wanted to see me on the pitch," he stormed to RMC.

"It is a difficult time. I am good enough to play in this team.

"It's the manager's decision. I respect it but I will discuss this in January.

"I will make an assessment with my agents and the manager. I have been asking myself that question for a while.

"I accept healthy competition but to play one match every five does not interest me."
http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/...10/Champs-League-Sissoko-upset-with-Reds-axe/

--------------------

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=509772

Ranieri: I Only Signed Tiago After Sissoko Failure

Claudio Ranieri has made the startling revelation that he only signed Tiago Mendes because of the failure to get Liverpool’s Momo Sissoko.

The Portuguese international was expected to provide some much needed power and authority to the Juve midfield, however he has been a complete disaster and has made only seven appearances, with just two of these being starts.

His misery was compounded yesterday when he was brought on as a substitute against Atalanta in injury time.

“Tiago? I brought him on yesterday to hold the ball and he did very well,” said Ranieri.

“I wanted both Tiago and Almiron, no one is left out in the cold, but Nocerino and Zanetti are playing very well. I play whoever gives me the best possibility of winning

“It is true that in the summer we spent a lot on Almiron and Tiago, but how much are Zanetti and Nocerino worth?

“With Tiago we were thrown into buying him after we were told we had to spend €32m on Sissoko.”

It will be interesting to see how Ranieri’s latest comments go down with Tiago, but the 26-year-old is nevertheless expected to move on during the January transfer window.

Gianni Wilson

----------------------

Sod him, let him go. I can't remember the last time he had a good game for us. He can't pass the ball, his tackling is rash, he can't shoot and he can't set up attacks. So what use is he really? Mascherano and Alonso are 10x better. Cheeky sod.

Cisse has the potential but it looks like
he might never reach it.

Great goals he scored for us in the FA
cup final and against anderlecht.

As for tonight I reckon we can do it.

Sissoko needs to be sold he can provide
the funds to buy masch, heck i'd swap him
for Tiago he was really good at Lyon.

Last edited:

I wouldnt mind sissoko leaving, although we wont be getting anywhere near the 32mil after his perfomances this season. Sissoko is a player to hound the oppositions midfield, and thats it. He cant pass, tackling is somewhat rash, he definitly cant shoot. Nearly all the games he's played in has seen liverpool play poorly imo. Every game I remember with him this season has resulted in a lack of possesion/cohesion for the team with little calmness and precision in the passing for the whole team.

I guess he's the player you use when you want to defend and by-pass the midfield.

Sissoko isnt a premiership player, he would struggle to get in the Spurs squad, your best midfield is Kewel,Mascerano,Gerrard and babel

I reckon he'll be out this Jan :-( Sad to see him go but he wasn't a good fit for Liverpool, especially if we have Masch. But remember, we don't have Masch just yet, there might be complications on the situation, and maybe that's why Rafa hasn't sold Sissoko yet.

Riise is one of the worst players in our squad. I really can't understand why he's stayed at us for so long. His annoying long shots piss me right off. I'd rather see Arbeloa or Aurelio. Insua and Leto look pretty good too.

oh right, i thought everyone loved riise, he never misses a game tho lol

Nah mate, Riise isn't too popular. He's a squad player at best, but he's never going to get into a team like Madrid, Barca or Milan is he? I really don't understand how he's still here. He's been in awful form for months now, even by his own admission.

Get rid I say. On top of him, I'd sell Voronin, Pennant, Sissoko, Le Tallec (yes he is still with us) and Carson. Get rid of Itandje who looks awful, and buy a good young player. Or give David Martin a chance.

Then buy a LB, two DC's, a RM and a striker (actual striker, not one who will play behind the striker like Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin, even Torres to an extent). Torres is a VERY good striker, but if he gets injured, we don't have a striker who can replace him. The other three just aren't reliable enough in front of goal. Crouch can be good, but misses too much. We need someone with a killer instinct who is young and Torres can bring on.

For the winter transfer window, we should sell Sissoko and perhaps Riise. Then we can buy Mascherano, and another central defender.

Crouch is reliable given the chance .. to start the game :P

Riise has been very poor, pity him because he's has been very loyal (albeit was "better") servant to Liverpool. Stray passes just like Sissoko.

Sell Voronin? Pennant? Two very good squad players? Le Tallec of course sell him.

I definately think we should keep Crouch. He can score goals (more so when he learns how to head at goal, though his knock-downs are great) and he can bring people into play with his holding up of the ball.

I wouldn't say Voronin and Pennant are "very good" squad players, merely good. Voronin has a very weak shot, aim isn't the best, has poor decision making and doesn't seem like a player who is going to get us 15+ goals a season.

Pennant doesn't do enough. He's petulant, loses the ball too much, crosses aren't as good as I'd like and doesn't beat a man to cut inside and get into shooting positions enough. He does have talent, but he never seems to use it properly and I'm not sure he ever will. He lives about 2 min walk away from me too, with his two dogs. I should like him more just because he's a kinda neighbour :p But no, he can go too :)

just watched the reading game on liverpooltv, they didnt think any of the torres penos were fouls lol, carragher got lucky too, easily could of got booked

I have thought about running him over as he comes out of his estate on his bicycle. He comes out all balaclava'd up apparantly, my sister seen him last week with his two husky dogs and he was so covered up so nobody would notice him. Which makes you think, was it actually Jermaine? Hmmm ...

yeh lets play Sissoko just because his family will be there. LMAO. What a disgrace. His form has been terrible and has no right to demand inclusion.

Bye Bye Momo, you've got potential but I don't think you have the attitude to furfill it.

Very nervous! Anything could happen tonight. Something bad is in the air :(

Great start but i would like to remind you we where in the exact same position few seasons back, went one up early with scholes and then lost 2-1 first time we had not made it out the group stages :|

Back
Top Bottom