Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

strong words yes did not mean to come across in that way. I been fire too many times when going against bosses for speaking my mind in the past so might been mixed emotions.

@ antred always a pleasure to read your thought. I agree public speaking can only hurt you and be used against you. Since , I have not read anything from the owners I can only imagine what`s in the works.To stop supporting a Club cause of the manager is only where your allegiance truely fall. As a fan my support comes from a covenant that I made a vow to I plan to support my Club regardless of any outcome, but then again my money goes so far:lol: buying online and paying through them is so small to a season ticket holder.

I could be wrong w/ Rafa I`m known for my wrongs then my rights. My son (12yrs)supports Liverpool he loves Gerrard , all cause he went to Anfield and that song he actually thinks it`s bibical to support them:shock:

As a FC Porto supporter i congratulate you for your great game of yesterday, but if Stepanov wasn't playing for Liverpool we would have win :mrgreen:

Cheers Peralta :) I thought Alves was a pretty weak link though. Quaresma has a real bad day (lucky for us) but you gave us some scares :)

Heh, thanks a lot mate. So, it's just not me. Ill have a look at the thread.

And it's ABhishek :(

strong words yes did not mean to come across in that way. I been fire too many times when going against bosses for speaking my mind in the past so might been mixed emotions.

@ antred always a pleasure to read your thought. I agree public speaking can only hurt you and be used against you. Since , I have not read anything from the owners I can only imagine what`s in the works.To stop supporting a Club cause of the manager is only where your allegiance truely fall. As a fan my support comes from a covenant that I made a vow to I plan to support my Club regardless of any outcome, but then again my money goes so far:lol: buying online and paying through them is so small to a season ticket holder.

I could be wrong w/ Rafa I`m known for my wrongs then my rights. My son (12yrs)supports Liverpool he loves Gerrard , all cause he went to Anfield and that song he actually thinks it`s bibical to support them:shock:

To bew honest mate its more of the principal. If the owners start firing people because of differing opinion we'll have a few managers a season. Once you go down that road your looking at Newcastle and Man City territory, no stability.

Got to win today following Arsenal and Chelski's results.

Do United play tomorrow or something?

I believe we will go third with a win.

Yup, United play tomorrow against Fulham. You're right, we have to win, we need to stay in touch with the top teams.

I was just seeing a recap of last season's home game against Bolton. I remember Kuyt being absolutely brilliant during that period. Maybe he isn't as bad as I think?

He's low on confidence, Kuyt, but when he's on form he can play some bliners. And yeh the game against Bolton was one of his best. Think he set up two goals.

I thought Kuyt had a great season conisdering it was his first. Its a big step up from the Eredivisie to the prem. He provided plenty of assist and scored as many as Berbatov who got all the plaudits as the best newcomer.

3-0 up so far against Bolton.

Hyypia header from a Gerrard FK, Torres chipped finish from a Stevie ThroughBall, and a Stevie Penalty after Crouch is fouled in the box

Carra off injured after the clash with Pepe. Hobbs in to replace him.

Last edited:

Another easy win :)

Kewell is looking really good now. He was looking really desperate for a goal today. Torres is in a class of his own, Benayoun was good, Gerrard with another goal, and a couple of assists, and Lucas is looking better and better. Happy days :)

The thing that's concerning me a bit, is that when Alonso is fit again, who exactly is going to play in the center of midfield. Gerrard, Mash, Lucas are all looking great, and Alonso is quality as well. Might end up with Gerrard on the right, and Alonso with either Mash or Lucas.

Gerrard on the right isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Lucas adds great balance to the team, because he keeps things simple and constructs play patiently. Gerrard is often too direct in some circumstances.

Babel is very dangerous coming off the bench.

Lucas would be on the bench / off the rotation I think. Alonso and Mash would be a negative effect, one too many DM. Great win :)

Its cerainly a dilemma.

I wouldn't like to be Rafa, trying to keep that midfield happy and playing together.

Masch- One of the best destructive players around. He's like a little terrier. He can pass, run for 90mins he can tackle, he can control the temp.

Alonso- One of the best passers in the world, and chips in with goals. Calms play down and is good defensively purely through his positioning.

Lucas- Keeps it simple, picks out some sublime passes. But I still haven't see enough of him yet to really understand the rest of his game. Apparently he got forward alot in Brazil and scored quiet a few. A real box to box CM with technique and a cool head.

I think it will be gerrard on the right and alonso and masch in the centre for the important games with gerrard and lucas for the games where the opposition sit back. Lucas and gerrard arent strong enough defensively against a top midfield, but for teams that sit back and give you space they can work well (newcaslte, bolton). Today you can see often enough that Lucas just doesnt have the power to win 50/50-ties. Its just not his game I dont think. But with some space and possesion he looks really good.

Im not sure about the Gerrard and masch cm combination. Gerrard is too loose with possesion and masch just doesnt have the passing and calmness to keep it like alonso and lucas. They are probably best when chasing a game, or needing to win from the off (besiktas,porto), as gerrard, and the rest of the midfield, can play further up field as masch can chase back and clean up. But they arent the best combination for either possesion against weaker sides or strength against the top teams.

Yes it's a sublime pass, nobody in front of Ger so he had a wide open view. Placed the ball superbly, Torres just needed to dink it over Jussy :-)

Oh and Anelka was gifted by Carra an empty goal by taking out the on-rushing Reina .. and he put it wide!

Anybody know about Carra's injury? I heard it's the ribs?

its the ribs, he's had a scan and they are all clear. Must be bruising.

Second time he's smashed into Reina and knaffed his ribs. Reina must be well hard.

Stupid mistake that, make syou wonder if anybody shouted as reina would have easily cleared the ball. And the pass was really good, aswell as torres' movement. 60yarder across the floor :D

Hmmm sometimes Pepe is too eager to come out, I think he needed to delay. Carra looked comftable.

Anyway, that always happens when Anelka plays against us. I remember the start of the 2004/05 season, against Man City at home. Dudek mix up with Carra and Anelka taps home from the goal line.

Another great win with Gerrard dominating and scoring again, Torres on the score sheet again, babel coming off the bench and scoring again this is a great habit to have!

Lucas- Keeps it simple, picks out some sublime passes. But I still haven't see enough of him yet to really understand the rest of his game. Apparently he got forward alot in Brazil and scored quiet a few. A real box to box CM with technique and a cool head.

You are right, I couldnt watch the Bolton game but I did watch the Newcastle one, and the way Lucas was playing was not his best game, he should be playing like Sissoko did on that match, a bit more free,

He has one of the best work rate I've seen in a guy at that position and that age, kinda of strange cause he seems a little slow, but he is not, he just don't use it often what make him run the whole field for the 90 mins thanks to his calm and cool head like you said.

He also have a good read of the game, that make him show up in a empty spot once in a while, by both flanks, center doesn't matter he got a great flow.

About who should play, you all got the point, depends of the situation or game, I'm pretty sure every coach would like to be in Rafa position, and all the players should be happy just for being in that midfield even without playing.

Hope you unterstood my english ...

Dont underestimate the fans mate, this aint the states. Its more than just a game over here. upset your supporters at your peril. Attendances dropped in houlliers last season as the supporters started to vote with their feet. i can imagine most (like myself) would stop going in protest and hit them in the pocket.

Thats not to forget the fact that if they got a new manager in theyd have to buy a whole new rack of players for him, new backroom staff, everything. Not great finiancial sense.

In my opinion they need to grow thicker skin. If this all it takes to get a manager dismissed we'd be going down the man city route. Benitez was wrong to do it publically but maybe he thought he was in a losing battle and needed to let the fans know. Hes apologised but Hicks and Gillete have said nothing. They have nothing to dismiss him on anymore, weve score 17 goals and conceded 1 in 4 games now, the fans are behind him and so are the players.

Theyd be utter fools to meddle.If they do the fans will make their tenure untenable believe me.

you realize that one of the owners owns another foregin sports franchise not in the United States right? And there just as storied as liverpool...

also

"Dont underestimate the fans mate, this aint the states. Its more than just a game over here"

what does that mean? Do you understand that we are as passionate about our sports just as you are? Do you also understand that its comparing apples to oranges? Do you also understand that the fans are going to account for less and less as time goes on, corporate season tickets, sponsorships and the like will make sure of that... this is sureley the business model they will pursue, increasing the television rights, increasing corporate sponshorhips and season tickets. So if the fans dont go, who do you think they will sell those season tickets too? Other fans? no, probably corporations who will buy in bulk to give to there clients or employees, wont matter if the seat is actually filled or not... look no further then the washington redskins, they havent won anything in 17 years and they worth more then Manchester United...
they have passionate fans, many who no longer attend, they have a 25 year long waiting list for season tickets, many fans who got fed up with losing season after losing season, stoped buying htere tickets, who bought them? Companies and sponsors... they use them to shmooze there clients or potential clients.. they can write them off as a business expense... its sadly the way some american sports have gone... but dont think your immune to that happenig because you have more "passion" then we do about our sports. Passion isnt going to line the owners pockets and at the end of the day, its about money to them... sad but true my friend... how well did the manu fans do when they wanted to boycott the glazers? from the looks of things, not to well...

you realize that one of the owners owns another foregin sports franchise not in the United States right? And there just as storied as liverpool...

also

"Dont underestimate the fans mate, this aint the states. Its more than just a game over here"

what does that mean? Do you understand that we are as passionate about our sports just as you are? Do you also understand that its comparing apples to oranges? Do you also understand that the fans are going to account for less and less as time goes on, corporate season tickets, sponsorships and the like will make sure of that... this is sureley the business model they will pursue, increasing the television rights, increasing corporate sponshorhips and season tickets. So if the fans dont go, who do you think they will sell those season tickets too? Other fans? no, probably corporations who will buy in bulk to give to there clients or employees, wont matter if the seat is actually filled or not... look no further then the washington redskins, they havent won anything in 17 years and they worth more then Manchester United...
they have passionate fans, many who no longer attend, they have a 25 year long waiting list for season tickets, many fans who got fed up with losing season after losing season, stoped buying htere tickets, who bought them? Companies and sponsors... they use them to shmooze there clients or potential clients.. they can write them off as a business expense... its sadly the way some american sports have gone... but dont think your immune to that happenig because you have more "passion" then we do about our sports. Passion isnt going to line the owners pockets and at the end of the day, its about money to them... sad but true my friend... how well did the manu fans do when they wanted to boycott the glazers? from the looks of things, not to well...

Yeah but the fans ARE the business. If you havent got those you might as well pack up and go home.

Yeah but the fans ARE the business. If you havent got those you might as well pack up and go home.

very true, but wining usually makes fans forget certain things... i think you guys will be fine with your owners with or without rafa.. they want to make money and winning=making money....(as long as parry does his job, as i have said before)

very true, but wining usually makes fans forget certain things... i think you guys will be fine with your owners with or without rafa.. they want to make money and winning=making money....(as long as parry does his job, as i have said before)

Well i wouldnt be too sure mate, i disagree with some of rafas decisions but hes a quality, quality manager and they dont grow on trees.

Liverpool have rubbished paper talk that Fabio Capello has been approached by the club to replace manager Rafa Benitez.

Reports in Wednesday's papers stated that the former Real Madrid and Roma tactician was being lined up and had been contacted regarding his potential interest.

Capello, who has also been linked with the vacant England job, is currently out of work after being sacked by Real in June.

Speculation on Benitez's future has surfaced recently over a dispute with the club's American owners regarding financial backing for future signings.

However, Liverpool have poured cold water on the talk, stating Capello has not been approached.

"Capello has not contacted us and we have not contacted him," chief executive Rick Parry told the Liverpool Echo.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2947054,00.html

Ridiculous, I really hope it's all paper talk. I'm 90% sure it is.

The thing about media speculation is that there's always a percentage of chance that it is going to be true :-(

bollocks.

pure bollocks.

the papers just talk shite, they make up 90% of the stuff you read.

if you ever read anything in the Daily Star or the Daily Mail, then you know it's not true.

1-1 Looking like a its gonna be close in the 2nd half, i dunno if i want you lot to drop points ? would that fire you lot up more for the game next week, but we should definetly be going to beat you since are core players will get a weeks rest while yours will be key in midweek :)

Back
Top Bottom