Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

:D

Only stirring.

< Pepe says hi.

Torres bangs in another. Happy days. I thought it would be one of those games, but a goal was defo coming.

This time I was pretty confident we would get a goal. We were there and there abouts throughout the game. Great game for Voronin, who is proving to be a great supporting striker. And Babel seems to be proving his price tag. Finally a home win in the league :)

Am I the only person that feels Voronin is out of position and much better as a striker?

I feel he has an instinct and hunger to score goals and think he is either being played as a winger or a split striker which he isn't happy with. He was played with Kuyt prior but Kuyt was mor eforward and getting in Voronin's way.....

I would fancy Voronin up top and Torres behind....just me maybe no one agrees.

This is pure footballing comment I'm not trying to be funny.

I think Voronin would be good at his current position, floating around the main striker. He had spells as the strikers earlier in the season, but poor finishing did't really help him.

harryzx4.jpg

Am I the only person that feels Voronin is out of position and much better as a striker?

I feel he has an instinct and hunger to score goals and think he is either being played as a winger or a split striker which he isn't happy with. He was played with Kuyt prior but Kuyt was mor eforward and getting in Voronin's way.....

I would fancy Voronin up top and Torres behind....just me maybe no one agrees.

This is pure footballing comment I'm not trying to be funny.

I think Voronin is out of his depth and would be much better serving hot dogs or something....but thats just me.

Although his last couple of games have proved otherwise.

He had a great start to his career, then had a bad patch in the middle and now he's starting to come good again.

I think Voronin is out of his depth and would be much better serving hot dogs or something....but thats just me.

aye, he'd make a fortune if he parked his hotdog van outside rooney's house, then there's the added bonus of nipping in to bang rooneys missus while he's out poking old grannies in seedy brothels

He reminds me of The Mighty Thor. When he misses a chance and throws his head back in anger and anguish i keep expecting the sky to crack with lightening.

Anyone heard these rumours that benitez is trying to get crouch to learn the position of left midfielder because he is unhappy with Riise's performance? Strange move if you ask me, I don't know if Crouch has got the pace or technical ability for the left wing

I'd rather see Voronin as a support striker, his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. He either pulls his shots woefully wide, doesn't make a connection, or hits weak shots generally. Good worker, like Kuyt, but doesn't have the killer instinct seen in Fowler, Owen and Torres.

I really can't see the rumours of left mid Crouch being true at all, in any way shape or form.

Just been checking the new ground Vid, looks good, not just the old Emirates, Wembley pre moulds, I like the airy glass look and the fact you can see into the ground, from the outside... The way it looks over the park is good too... Sure it will alter slightly, but at least it's different..

Anyone heard these rumours that benitez is trying to get crouch to learn the position of left midfielder because he is unhappy with Riise's performance? Strange move if you ask me, I don't know if Crouch has got the pace or technical ability for the left wing

No way man, that's insane. Voronin / Kuyt then maybe. But not Crouchie. Instead of that, play Babel instead.

What video mate? Care to share? :D

Running round being a naughty boy...smack for you lad :lol:

Wonder what's happening in Anfield these few days .. worrying sign or just the media catching just a hint of dissapointed mood as "Ah he's about to leave!" !!

Not sure really.

But my faith in the owners is decreasing by the second.

I'm behind Rafa all the way. We haven't spent big at all. We are still a long way off challenging for the title. Considering Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal can triple our purchasing power.

Is the news over there similar to what we're reading from the web? Rafa's clearly annoyed with something as usual, I just hope we win against Newcastle to soften the mood a little.

Crouch & Torres pairing up front? (Maybe not since Crouch played at the qualifiers). Might be Voronin then.

I'm confident it'll be Kuyt and Torres upfront, Sissoko will most likely play and Kewell should feature in the second half. As for the yanks well I was against the idea from day one but thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, we'll have to wait and see what their real intentions are.

You're spot on mate. Kuyt and Torres upfront. Kuyt hasn't impressed me at all this season, but I guess Rafa is looking into the UCL game as well. Would have liked to see Crouch and Torres upfront.

Very Good performance against an abysmal Newcastle team. I think Lucas is going to be a quality player. I like how he never panics when he has the ball and passes it short all the time.

Yeh, good win today. I agree, I really am liking Lucas. People in Brazil rave about him, so he must have something. Sissoko was average, and Torres is suffering from the same problem he has had in Atletico. He misses sitters :p Hopefully, it's was just a one off game.

8 goals already, with limited starts and injuries suggests it won't be common.

His all round game was outstanding today. The reason why we opened up Newcastle with ease was party down to his movement.

Lucas will be a star. Didn't really miss Xabi today with him in the team.

Defence solid as usual. Only negative were Torres's missed chances, and Sissoko and Kuyt's first half performances.

Great performance by us, looked relaxed, confident and in control all the way through.

Lucas looks a quality player and considering he's still young, he's a fantastic prospect!

Sissoko seemed to sort himself out as the game went on, looked VERY dodgy at the start and couldn't even control a ball but got better.

Torres just had one of those games, but his class is there for all to see. Brilliant.

Strange to see Rafa in his interview admitting there is friction between himself and the owners. They HAVE to support Rafa and if their ignorance gets in the way and we don't manage to sign the players Rafa wants, it could end up costing us the title. And no fan will forgive the owners for that. Sort it out G&H.

Why cant Gerrard play like that for England? He was atrocious on Wednesday, i thought that apart from Bridge, he was the worst player on the pitch yet today he showed why he's such an admired footballer.

Anyway, you must be pleased, Newcastle didn't turn up so it was an easy victory and there were a few good performances to boost confidence. I think Lucas will be one of the best players in the world in a few years if he carries on progressing as he is and fulfills his potential.

Rafa's interview has hilarious. He must have said "I am focusing on coaching and training the team" at least 10 times!

I was really expecting much more from Newcastle. Today was just too easy.

Regarding the transfers, Rafa should just keep calm at the moment. If we do manage to qualify for UCL, and remain close to the top, he should get the support from the owners.

He's looking to sign Brazilian striker Afonso Alves, but I don't really think we need another striker, unless he's planning to sell Crouch, which he shouldn't! We need to sign Mascherano, he's been top quality, but other than another defender, I don't think we need any more players.

Back
Top Bottom