Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Well, if we win our 2 games, we will go through. Marseille are 7, and even if they win at Besiktas (which won't be easy as its in Istanbul), they will be on 10, and so will we be (assuming we win), and we will have better goal difference (which should!). So, we have to do our work, and win our 2 games, but it still won't be easy.

Well, if we win our 2 games, we will go through. Marseille are 7, and even if they win at Besiktas (which won't be easy as its in Istanbul), they will be on 10, and so will we be (assuming we win), and we will have better goal difference (which should!). So, we have to do our work, and win our 2 games, but it still won't be easy.

might go down to goal difference. So the EIGHT will go some way.

Well, realistically it should only have been 4-0 (maybe five because I can't remember Benayouns first, perhaps that wasn't a keeper fumble).

Either way, congratulations on the new record.

Not bad - well done Liverpool. Thats the way to shut up your doubters.

Still prefered Arsenals 7-0 win though ;)

goal difference is only important if you win 0:1 in marseille.

I think we need to win by two goals.
In the CL when things get complicated
it boils down to the head-2-head between
the two teams level on same points.

An aggerate scoring comes into effect.

Great result finally we were able to play
good attacking football to our strengths.

Nice to see Kewell back at the end of the day
he's our only winger who can drop the shoulder
go past a player and run the the line, did
it quite a bit last night.

We can't be sure of Marseille taking the 3 points in Istanbul. It will be tough for them as well. If they do drop points, then GD won't make a difference.

77753385.jpg

Good to see this man back, long may we continue to see him actually on a frigin football pitch.\\:o/

He will be a very potent weapon because all he can do is attack the wings, and he's good at it.

Hey bluenose good luck facing the Mancs today, good to know that Roo will be missing because of injury :)

Yup, it's always like that. I've lost hope of winning anything as long as Rafa is in charge.

what a fucking awful opinion.

I'm sick of all these glory hunting cunts who believe what's in the press rather than having their own opinion.

Rafa 'rotates', all the other managers 'change' it's just a bollocks press campaign, Rafa has always rotated players who aren't 100% fit and he always will, and he's been vindicated by his success. What people don't realise is that when Liverpool are winning, rotation doesn't get mentioned, but as soon as we draw a couple of games it's because Rafa changed Benayoun for Pennant or Arbeloa for Finnan. Usually, if we win it's because of Gerrard, whether he plays or not. I can't stand the British press coverage of Liverpool, it's all so jaded and mostly outdated. Some journalists still call us a defensive, counter-attacking side, which we clearly aren't, but we were under Houllier, Rafa has changed the club's mentality to a winning one, and he doesn't get enough credit for that.

Does any cunt support their local team on here? Or is it simply a case of teenagers from all over the world who only support the top 10 teams in Europe no matter where they're from?

That annoys me when i go to Anfield and there's dickheads from all different countries, who go there to film the crowd on their mobiles instead of singing the songs and joining in, it's the one reason that the atmosphere is so shit at Anfield now, too many glory hunters who don't know shit about the team.

Actually, Ive already explained this statement if you look. I won't even bother answering :)

He will be a very potent weapon because all he can do is attack the wings, and he's good at it.

Hey bluenose good luck facing the Mancs today, good to know that Roo will be missing because of injury :)

:lmao:mate we playin chelski tomorrow:lmao:

good luck with fulham , see we toffeemen know our fixtures,.;)

what a fucking awful opinion.

I'm sick of all these glory hunting cunts who believe what's in the press rather than having their own opinion.

Rafa 'rotates', all the other managers 'change' it's just a bollocks press campaign, Rafa has always rotated players who aren't 100% fit and he always will, and he's been vindicated by his success. What people don't realise is that when Liverpool are winning, rotation doesn't get mentioned, but as soon as we draw a couple of games it's because Rafa changed Benayoun for Pennant or Arbeloa for Finnan. Usually, if we win it's because of Gerrard, whether he plays or not. I can't stand the British press coverage of Liverpool, it's all so jaded and mostly outdated. Some journalists still call us a defensive, counter-attacking side, which we clearly aren't, but we were under Houllier, Rafa has changed the club's mentality to a winning one, and he doesn't get enough credit for that.

Does any cunt support their local team on here? Or is it simply a case of teenagers from all over the world who only support the top 10 teams in Europe no matter where they're from?

That annoys me when i go to Anfield and there's dickheads from all different countries, who go there to film the crowd on their mobiles instead of singing the songs and joining in, it's the one reason that the atmosphere is so shit at Anfield now, too many glory hunters who don't know shit about the team.

Fuck sake, he lives in India, I think its fair to say he can support who he wants.

I agree though, alot of folk get tickets to Anfield to go and film everything just for the experience, only problem is they are beginning to outnumber the vocal support and so there will eventually be no atmosphere to film ;) And then hopefully they will fuck off.:applause:

Even so the only club with better home support in the premiership is Pompey. They are nuts.

English football grounds are rapidly becoming libraries on the basis of safety and 'entertainment'

I think the whole rafa out thing is just pure frustration. Liverpoool are a huge club and they reallly do have the potential to win the league again. It didn't help that the press built us up and up. We really still are a work in progress, patience is needed. We can't even begin to match the spending power of United, Chelsea, and subsequently now Arsenal (it will be 2012 before we start to close the gap), so it is a massive mountain to climb. But from one OOT teenager, I'll be there all the way, I have been through the 90's and I will for the rest of my life. If we don't then rightly or wrongly the fans/board will be judging Rafa and Rafa only.

Last edited:

Some stats:

Everton's European game the other night was their 51st game in European competition.

Liverpool's 8-0 humping of Besiktas was RAFA BENITEZ'S 51st game in Europe whilst in charge of Liverpool.

Some stats:

Everton's European game the other night was their 51st game in European competition.

Liverpool's 8-0 humping of Besiktas was RAFA BENITEZ'S 51st game in Europe whilst in charge of Liverpool.

hmmm guess we missed out , some red-shite team got us banned from the european cup after we won the title in 1985 and 1987 ;)

Back
Top Bottom