Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Yup, it's always like that. I've lost hope of winning anything as long as Rafa is in charge.

Yup, it's always like that. I've lost hope of winning anything as long as Rafa is in charge.

Oh would you shut up! Honestly, lost hope of winning anything with rafa in charge? I guess you missed winning the CL, the FA cup, reaching the CL final last year then! Bandwagon jumper, why dotn you try and actually think for yourself?! Or is that too f@#king hard?!

Im so f$^cking tired of these fickle supporters coming on moaning about Rafa and effectivly saying we should get rid of him. Trophies arent won in october last I checked and so far we arent out of any either. If you would actually think and look at records, games played, results, etc you would realise that in the league liverpool are doing ok, and a lot better then previous seasons. Even with this blip in form we are still close to the top. The only problem atm is the CL which has coincided with the poor form. We were pretty poor at Porto, but even then they hardly created any chances and we played a half with 10men and got a draw. Against Marseille we were really rubbish, but even then when they actually put some effort in we could have scored an equaliser. Against Besiktas we werent that bad, conceded a silly goal and then had to do all the work with gerrard getting some good chances along the way. It could had been a draw, or even a win if the earlier chances had been put away, instead Besiktas countered very well and showed up the lack of pace in liverpools defense. Most of the games have been fairly even and small details & lack of form has cost liverpool so far. You only have to look at the arsenal game, it was pretty even. Liverpool sat back and gave arsenal little room to play in liverpools half but conceded possesion to do so which gave arsenal a lot of possesion without them actually doing much with it. But even then Liverpool still created the better chances and it wasnt till arsenal equalised that they finally looked dangerous which also coincided with liverpool pushing up and looking for another goal. And this is the top team in the country in their best form and liverpool who are in their poorest form, and till the goal werent looking like they were going to concede tbh.

So you see, if you actually put some thought into your comments and gave a decent look instead of just saying any old shit because we arent playing well atm you would realise that it isnt terrible and that we still have a good chance of winning trophies this year.

Honestly, I do depair at the idiots on here! And in general. I should know better and not expect much, but even so, with little thought you can easily form a balanced opinion and realise it isnt the end of the world, far from it infact. But no, lets just jump on the media's bandwagon and repeat any old shit they say!

Chill out bro. Maybe I should have framed it better

"I've lost hope of winning anything in the Premier League as long as Rafa is in charge."

I have nothing against Rafa. However, in my opinion, his rotation policy this season just spoilt all the momentum we had gained at the start of the season. This was accompanied by poor form in the CL, and injuries to crucial players, and even you would admit that Liverpool are in a tight spot at the moment. I'll be glad if Rafa proves me wrong, and actually manages to win/fight for the Premiership title this season. However, the way we are playing at the moment, it does not seem likely. Fair enough, there still might be a long way to go for the season end. However, if we continue drawing, and lose points, it would be very difficult for us to recover back in the second half of the season.

Before calling me an idiot, let me tell you that I want the same thing as you do-for Liverpool to succeed. However, anyone with an objective view, wouldn't disagree with the fact that winning trophies seems very unlikely IF we continue playing the way we are.

Appoligies for going over the top, wasnt directed at you personnally. I just get frustrated when people seem to just jump on the bandwagon and not actually place some thought into their comments/situation.

As for Rafa being able to win the league, I would give him two more seasons. This is the first season he has a team that is really his, and without the injuries/pako leaving, the momentum could have continued. He was already "rotating away" before the dip in form which started after the international break.

As for being too far behind, I would agree, however we are starting to show some signs of coming out of the dip and we arent far off the pace atm after this relatively poor spell. Liverpool under Rafa have always had a really good second half of the the season, wasnt last seasons record from october onwards the best in the league? We lost too many points in the beginning of last season. So with that in mind in think we are fairly well positioned in the league concedering the form & injuries. Like i said earlier, the CL is really the problem atm, but i would expect 3 point from the next game at home, and even possibly 3 points away to marseille as when we did actually start playing in the final 10min after they scored they looked all over the place. Porto home will probably be the toughest game, but they didnt create much against 10men at home, should be another win really.

In other words, it isnt actually too bad yet as long as we start getting results in the CL.

I'd be very surprised if you guys qualify out of your group. However, I remember a few seasons ago when Newcastle did worse and lost their first three games, but still qualified for the next round. I still can't believe you guys lost at home to a Marseille side that is struggling in the Ligue 1, and I thought you were lucky to sneak a point against Porto.

TBH, I think Marseille played some brilliant football which was never expected of them, considering how they were playing in their own league. Liverpool underestimated them, and played pretty average, and Marseille surprised everyone with their football. That's where we lost it I think. But we were really poor against Porto, and lack firepower upfront against Besiktas.

Our injuries have really hurt us, and we are really missing Xabo Alonso, as he is the one who provides all the ammunition with his deadly passes. Same with Torres, but Rafa should have been playing Crouch a bit more, as neither Kuyt nor Voronin are true goal scorers. And Benayoun should be playing more as well. He has impressed me much more than Ryan Babel (I really didn't get what was the hype about him in Holland).

Regarding the CL, I am being pretty optimistic about our chances. If we play to our potential, I don't see why we can't go through. It will be tough, especially as our confidence is low, but we need one good win to get our confidence back. I was hoping that win would be against Arsenal, but if we win against Besiktas, it would be a huge confidence booster.

You mean the hand ball? I didn't really think that should have been a penalty as he was too close to the ball, and I couldn't do anything about it. But he's got away with plenty in the last 2 games.

Torres might be fit for the game against Besiktas. Alonso is out for a month, but Kewell is fit to play. He might get to play against Besiktas?

WHAT!????

You're still in the qualifying stages! Someone go tell him it's not the final yet!

Bleh don't pick on him just yet, he's probably the key to unlocking Liverpool's Run of Misery :) When you see him play, you know instantly that he's a winger. Put down the ball, dribble dribble dribble .. flip flop and go! Riise don't do this, Aurelio also. Babbel not there yet :)

Torres MIGHT play so that's a plus. I would not force him, instead put him in the middle of second half where he won't need to play long minutes and he will be facing tired Besiktas legs, should be easier to run at. I would put in Crouch and Kuyt because this is a must win game for Rafa and Liverpool. I might start Kewell or Babel, Riise or Aurelio at the left back. Midfield would be Masch and Ger, right side would be Benny :)

Hope the Liverpool team that played the second half at Blackburn turns up \\:o/

WHAT!????

You're still in the qualifying stages! Someone go tell him it's not the final yet!

:lol: Made me laugh mate, good one :)

In a way I'd enjoy seeing Torres tonight and I'm pretty sure he could put a few past Besiktas. BUT, personally, I wouldn't risk him. Maybe have him on the bench in case we desperately need a goal in the last 15 mins or something but I'd rather he didn't get rushed back and pick up another injury (this one possibly being more serious).

I predict Liverpool to win 2-0 tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

turkish owned school in japan? :)

Yes. We give lessons in twelve different languages and have many Turkish students... some Japanese learning Turkish. There is a community of about 30 Turks here.
If Besiktas win, I'll probably get some good food tomorrow. \\:o/

Sorry for off topic. If you don't win tonight are you out or what?

2- 0 up already - I like Crouch the big long fellow he is. He doesn't look very graceful, but he does the job.

Yeh, I wanted the eighth as well so badly, how did Babel miss his 3rd?!

Reina could have just had a beer and relax throughout the whole match. Sign of good times to come, perhaps? Let's hope so!!!

But remember, we still have 2 to go. And please Rafa, don't change atleast this team!

Back
Top Bottom