Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

HA HA ARENT YOU THE SAME RED-SHITE THATS BEEN ON MY EVERTON THREAD ALL MORNING....:lmao: pot calling the kettle black springs to mind , ahhh its sooo easy...\\:o/ive never felt more like singing the blues when everton win and the redsite lose oh yehhh you got me singin the blues!!!\\:o/

You really are deluded, and unbelievable immature for a 30+ year old.

You really are deluded, and unbelievable immature for a 30+ year old.
obviously you didnt read the 100+ posts on the merseyside derby on this thread we have had a very good debate , heated sometimes yes but fair on both sides , sorry you missed it.

obviously you didnt read the 100+ posts on the merseyside derby on this thread we have had a very good debate , heated sometimes yes but fair on both sides , sorry you missed it.

Not at all, watched the game last Saturday and have read every post yet, just because I haven't posted, doesn't mean I haven't been here.

I would probably have Xabi and Gerrard in the centre, Babel on the left, and Pennant/Benayoun on the right. Torres along with Kuyt up front. I am not really impressed with Voronin. His finishing is poor. I quite like Kuyt. He creates some good chances, and always gives 100%. I haven't been really impressed with Babel so far, but I am still waiting for a few more matches, before forming an opinion of him.

And I absolutely agree with matherto. The reason there's no cohesion in the team is because the players just don't who will be playing alongside them. They just cannot form any sort of partnerships. It's abuot time Rafa stops his ridiculous rotation policy.

As much as I wanted to, that policy is here to stay until he is kicked out. Besides, rotation is not for ALL members, most of the time. I see Mash, Gerrard, Kuyt, and the back 4 (except Riise) are mostly in the teamsheets, CMIIW.

Correct Me If I am Wrong, not really good in stats but it's my general feeling ;)

But anyway, that's why we're not cohesive in the offensive part, while defensively, because most of the members are playing week in week out, we're great at it (until Agger went down). Unfortunately, I do feel that Rafa has underestimated the missing little things Pako does as an assistant manager, let it be minor-detailing tactical instructions or making sure everyone is at the same page. I just hope those things can be sorted out during the end of year break.

Last edited:

Torres is back in the squad, but Agger will be out for another week :(

Pennant is out for 10weeks as he is undergoing surgery.

I'm not his biggest fan. It will allow us to either play Stevie on the right (where he had his best season), and play someone like Lucas or Alonso to domianate midfield, with Gerrard having more license to go forward into the final third where he is most deadly.

Either that, or we see more of Yossi, which by all accounts is not a bad thing. He offers far more threat in terms of Assists and goals. He just doesn't offer the same width. Althought whats the point if you beat your man, get to the byline and sky your cross into Row Z anyway.

Below Snoop on all Evertonians

Are all blues this bitter? As soon as Liverpool mess up, blues LOVE it and go on about it for ages:)

Below myself from prior to snoop’s post as an Evertonian on the Liverpool thread.

Well despite all the derby stuff, I'm not rubbing anthing in. I think this is a bad dip that you will come back from and I wouldn't completely rule you out of still qualifying in the champions league oddly enough.

Below Snoop commenting in the Liverpool thread

I hadn't gone on other sites to try and mock Everton though ;)

And below Snoop in the Everton thread

Rafa was right, you are a small club ;)

I leave people to make their own mind up on what has been said.

P.S

Myself I think there are lots of good Liverpool and Everton fans that manage to avoid the extremes.

It tends to be arrogant reds and bitter blues due to the differing levels of success in recent years...avoiding those extremes and being a supporter but a fair minded fan is key...loads of good reds on here (Peter Eyes being a prime example), I hope to be a good blue.

heheh, don't get me wrong Vanzandt, I had no sympathy for Everton last weekend, I loved it!

But you're right I won't go on and on and on, and claim you are a small club.

heheh, don't get me wrong Vanzandt, I had no sympathy for Everton last weekend, I loved it!

Hi yall thought i`d pop in and tell you all my dream ole rafa got the boot as things were goin wrong behind the scenes after steven gerrard left for Man Utd! :shock: Iknow i Know! the stadium thing collasped after inital figures showed 250 million rose to top 400 million for the building , hmmm , well the yanks pulled out and lfc were in massive debt, phil the nose thompson took charge off the team and the results got worse and worse....alarm went off!! maybe one of my red friends could predict the rest.......

edit ....was it a dream ....maybe im physic!!....ha

It's YOUR dream mate ..

In my dreams ... Liverpool is a one-team-city, LIVERPOOL FC. No Blue Noses around, and we both have a common goal for our beloved football team, none other than EPL Glory :)

But that's my dream .. :)

Yes a one team city because we were there first!!! your lot came later anfield was our ground remember! we let you share it until you got to big and arrogant as you are today! mosy of you glory hunters dont know our history you constantly go on about yours (we won this 5 times ha watever) HERE IS SOME OF OURS!!
everton formed 1878
liverpool formed 1892 some 14 years later

nil satis nisi optimum

efc-1.jpg

The thing is though Peter, even though you gladly took what was on offer, (as I would by the way) unlike some daft people you could see the wood from the trees and knew that the decisions were bad and went for you but...like I say gladly took 'em as I would.

The fact that you can ackowledge such things is important. If Everton are on the other side of decisions like that and we beat you I am happy, but like you I will admit to my opposssing fan- annoyed reds that we got dodgy decisions. I wont wind up people because it is not right or fair and because I would already have the win I wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I am not some middle of the road toad who has a stupidly naive view of the world who is all nicey nicey. I mean I don't want Liverpool to win things because if you do, I will get it in the neck from many Liverpool fans I know and also because you are our rivals. That said I am more interested in Everton and our results and if you do well I can see it and say so cause my specs aren't tinted blue and I have no problem is saying well done if the football merits it. Likewise I don't jump on your results if they are bad or such like, I take a more rounded football view.

The fact is no matter what people say the city needs vibrancy in both its clubs. If either club was not arround or not in the premiership and competing the whole city would be much the worse for it.

P.S

I know we're not a small club;) thanks for sayin it though. :lol:

Last edited:

Yes a one team city because we were there first!!! your lot came later anfield was our ground remember! we let you share it until you got to big and arrogant as you are today! mosy of you glory hunters dont know our history you constantly go on about yours (we won this 5 times ha watever) HERE IS SOME OF OURS!!
everton formed 1878

nil satis nisi optimum

efc-1.jpg

well that makes Notts county a more historic and proud club than Liverpool and Everton put together then:lmao:

GAME DAY !

Team News, Torres & Alonso could start, but not Arbeloa. Hopefully Crouch plays from the start.

well that makes Notts county a more historic and proud club than Liverpool and Everton put together then:lmao:

yeh ! good old notts county!!!! big games today lads epecially now chelsea look better than ever and i thought it was a two horse race, after today it will be three ;)

Decent result today. We played much better than I expected. Gerrard seems to be back to his best, and the defense was good, especially Mascherano (who was my man of the match). Down to 6th though, behind Blackburn and Chelsea. These draws can hurt us alot. And next week is going to be tough away at Blackburn.

We played much better? :| WTF?!

We were fucking terrible!!!!!!!! Absolutly no creative ideas, no flair and no fucking skill. Arsenal made us look like an average side holding out for a point. Oh wait, we are!

I said that we played better than I had expected. TBH, I had expected a thrashing at the hands of Arsenal, with a scoreline along the lines of 2-0 or 3-0, and it would have been so, if it had not been for Mascherano.

I agree with you. Overall we were terrible, just less worse than I had expected. I don't expect Liverpool to get even close to winning anything this year. I will be happy if we are in the top 4 at the end of the season.

Wow maybe I was watching another game.

I thought it was a 50/50 match in terms of chances and the way the game opened out. Arsenal had much more of the ball early doors but didn't convert any of it into goals, Gerrard struck a great goal and then Liverpool sat on the 1-0 and looked to hit on the counter. Liverpool gave possession to Arsenal by defending quite deep but did so in order to hit on the break. If anything when Liverpool were 1-0 up, I though Liverpool were the team more likely to score and as an Evertonian that isn’t bias.

Possession can give the illusion of control, it can be something given to a team for tactical reasons. Ruud Gullit said this of Liverpool against Besiktas, stating that whilst Liverpool had a lot more of the ball, they did not control the game, that Besiktas wanted this so they could hit on the counter. Whether that was true in that game or not, I certainly believe that was the case today. I feel Liverpool gave Arsenal more possession by sitting deep, but were giving the illusion of control, while defending most situations well they often carried the greater danger on the break.

This tactically seemed to make a lot of sense to me because of how often in the past Arsenal have been guilty of having to get the perfect goal, of almost trying to walk the ball in, something extremely difficult with that many bodies behind the ball. Of course Arsenal have mixed it up more this year and been willing to cross the ball and play the ball in the air to Adebayor, even so I thought this was going to be one of those toothless Arsenal displays often seen from a year or two back.

I think the equalizer was fair and the game could have gone either way after that, but while Arsenal may have played more flowing football, I don’t think it was necessarily much more effective. I also think that the best way to play against Arsenal was the way you played today, getting men behind the ball, particularly if a goal to the good, putting in physical challenges and breaking up their passing rhythm in the final third. I don’t think you want to try and out play Arsenal in terms of expansive football, I think they would be very happy to see other teams doing that, I don’t see any team in the premiership outside of possibly Man Utd wishing to do that. Even then Man Utd would probably be looking to mix it up and play some physical football and let them know they have been in a game. You can play a more expansive game when Torres is back and at 100% and when Agger is back as his pace allows a high back line- something you can’t really play with Hypia and Carragher together given the thread in behind.

Overall a decent game and probably an acceptable result for both teams I would have thought?

Last edited:

Wow maybe I was watching another game.

I thought it was a 50/50 match in terms of chances and the way the game opened out. Arsenal had much more of the ball early doors but didn't convert any of it into goals, Gerrard struck a great goal and then Liverpool sat on the 1-0 and looked to hit on the counter. Liverpool gave possession to Arsenal by defending quite deep but did so in order to hit on the break. If anything when Liverpool were 1-0 up, I though Liverpool were the team more likely to score and as an Evertonian that isn’t bias.

Possession can give the illusion of control, it can be something given to a team for tactical reasons. Ruud Gullit said this of Liverpool against Besiktas, stating that whilst Liverpool had a lot more of the ball, they did not control the game, that Besiktas wanted this so they could hit on the counter. Whether that was true in that game or not, I certainly believe that was the case today. I feel Liverpool gave Arsenal more possession by sitting deep, but were giving the illusion of control, while defending most situations well they often carried the greater danger on the break.

This tactically seemed to make a lot of sense to me because of how often in the past Arsenal have been guilty of having to get the perfect goal, of almost trying to walk the ball in, something extremely difficult with that many bodies behind the ball. Of course Arsenal have mixed it up more this year and been willing to cross the ball and play the ball in the air to Adebayor, even so I thought this was going to be one of those toothless Arsenal displays often seen from a year or two back.

I think the equalizer was fair and the game could have gone either way after that, but while Arsenal may have played more flowing football, I don’t think it was necessarily much more effective. I also think that the best way to play against Arsenal was the way you played today, getting men behind the ball, particularly if a goal to the good, putting in physical challenges and breaking up their passing rhythm in the final third. I don’t think you want to try and out play Arsenal in terms of expansive football, I think they would be very happy to see other teams doing that, I don’t see any team in the premiership outside of possibly Man Utd wishing to do that. Even then Man Utd would probably be looking to mix it up and play some physical football and let them know they have been in a game. You can play a more expansive game when Torres is back and at 100% and when Agger is back as his pace allows a high back line- something you can’t really play with Hypia and Carragher together given the thread in behind.

Overall a decent game and probably an acceptable result for both teams I would have thought?

Couldnt have put it better. We still look short though to be honest.

Yep, we do look short. But did anyone notice a massive difference when Benayou came on? Yes.

We're not incisive enough because we have players like Kuyt, who was dreadful today, a 10m workhorse with nothing else in his locker, Riise, who was diabolical and has been all season. Riise has no first control, he can't pass, can't cross, has no pace and is suspect in defence. Hyypia is a legend and had a decent game, but for me he gave the ball away far too quickly. The pace of the game was too much for him. In all fairness he wouldn't be playing if Agger wasn't injured, or if Rafa hadn't put all his eggs in the Heinze basket.

I'd be looking to offload Riise, Sissoko and Kuyt in Jan

Once we get Agger and Alonso back, with Torres match fit (obviously struggling) we will go on a run.

These players have to play every game IMO from the start:

Finnan- Carra- Agger--Aurelio/Insua (Insua has been cracking in every reserve game)

Gerrard---Mash (World Class) Alonso-----Benayoun

Torres--------Babel/Crouch

Last edited:

Thought it was fairly even aswell, as i posted in the arse thread. Tbh with liverpool being, hopefully, in their poorest form of the season and arsenal being in their best for of the season it doesnt make arsenal especially strong. After the equaliser it could have gone both ways but before that liverpool looked comfortable, untill alonso went off and the midfield lost its strenght.

Anyway, good game, just wish the commentators would get their hands out of their pants when arsenal have the ball and at the same time stop continually going on about rotation when liverpool have the ball. But then they are mostly ex footballers and have brains of pigshit!

'Evening to all you lads.
Just came back from our "GR LFC Supporters" club and I saw the game...
Listen up, I was keep telling this since August and every single fellow Kopite wanted to kick my ass...
Our LFC DIDN'T made any serious transfers, except of course TORRES!
Rafa and the new "US" presidents, said that LFC will be TOTALY "transformed" to a SUPERB team, MUCH MORE better than used to be...
Oh, really? And WHICH player will "make the difference"?
Just accept it, as I did!
Fist of all, we're lack of... LUCK! Not in results (we're SO LUCKY with them!), but with players' INJURIES! SO many "KEY-PLAYERS" are gone, for SO long time!
Also... like I said,... WHERE are these players that LFC REALLY NEEDS???
For instance, Luis Garsia choose and left the club. And, WE LOST ONE OF OUR BEST - EVER, IN THE LAST YEARS! - PLAYERS WE HAD!... And WHO we bought to "replace" him? YIOSSI??? JESUS CHRIST! In the Name of God, where Rafa found that fellow? He's not THAT bad... but hey! WE DON'T NEED "well" players, we bloody need GREAT PLAYERS, like GARSIA!
Also, what are these fellows, Voronin & Babel?
They may are great for... Bolton! Maybe for... Manchester City! But for us, for LFC??? JESUS! Too "poor" for LFC! Just to remind you players like HAMMANN, that FANTASTIC German center-middle-fielder... THAT'S A PLAYER for LFC! Or Duff! Or Owen!... And so on. THESE ARE SERIOUS PLAYERS, not "these" we took!
Anyway... let's accept that middle-fielder and Attack are good-enough. Ok.
WHAT BLOODY ABOUT THAT F**K-UP DEFENCE???
Rafa was totally forgot Sami... And now, when he's going to... retired, RAFA REMEMBER HIM!!! What the hell Rafa expects, from a player that had his mind "hey, I'm not playing any more, I'll stop the football"? Does Rafa expects Sami to take on his hands, LFC's defence?
Or Jammie? Garrager is a fine "KOPITE", a player that playing with power and he's blidding on the pitch... but he needs a SERIOUS, SUPERB defender-cender-back, to supporting him!
Finnan, he's all alone in the right-back-wing.
Riise is... is not a "true" defender! At least, Rafa is NOT USING him as left-wing-defender; Riise is playing more like left-wing-middle-fielder, than defender.
And Agger? Is good alright, but NOT THAT good, as LFC needs!
The same about ALL THE REST DEFENDERS!
Generally... defenders sucks! Sorry about that, I love so much LFC, but I'm telling the facts here!

And I left last the "skipper", Stevie G.
He's good as EVER! He's strong and well trainned, good quality as always...
BUT WHERE IS OUR "SKIPPER'S"... "SPIRIT", HEY???
Have you notise him latelly, after 2005-2006 season? After his... marriage?
He's NOT the "S.G." that we knew! Where is the "BLOODY KICKING ASS" captain, that used to be? His marriage made him... "soft", without the OLD PASSION he had!
And in that, major responsible for that, is Rafa too!
LFC lost last year in Anfield (Curling Cup) from Arsenal, with 2-5! And he was BLOODY "COOL" about it!
This season, he CRASHED Derby, he made a great victory,... again he was SO "COOL"! And he's "transforming" the team in a "civilized" and "cool" team...
LFC IS NOT A "COOL" TEAM, IS A "KICKING ASS" TEAM! WE WANT, WE NEED that old spirit!

Anyway... before the game, I was watching Arsenal line-up and the reserves...
HAVE YOU seen them? Have you saw the QUALITY of Arsenal's players?
Nothing like us! So, because OUR HISTORY and OUR PROUD "RED" JERSEY, that's why we were winning and we DIDN'T lost the game. Not because we were equal good.
Eventually, we were lucky that we didn't lost! They had two SUPERB chances, with the shots on the pole and their lost rebounts!

Anyway, we'll see... and...

"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"!

No' matter what!

Last edited:

everton formed 1878

nil satis nisi optimum

efc-1.jpg
So what?
You were found... first, before LFC?

WHO BLOODY CARES???

In F1, they can be HUNDREDS of pilot-drivers, in the "pole-position"!
WHO'S FINNISHING FIRST MATTERS! WHO'S KICKING ASS MATTERS!

(Who... winning CUPS, European Cups,... perhaps matters? AOUCH, that hurts!)

Hahaha. Let accept Arsenal's fans to swashing latelly. Let accept the bloody/despiteful Manchester Utd's fans to speaking...

EVERTON fans, trying to swashing to... LIVERPOOL FANS???

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Just BLOODY READ A F**KING SOCCER HISTORY BOOK, man!
Where you living, in that far north, perhaps is so damn cold and your brain is freezed!
THIS IS A LFC THREAD, not... 2nd Greek League's team thread!
This is LFC you're talking about, the MOST SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH TEAM!
EVEN in official Arsenal/Chelsea/etc. sites, they're refer for LFC as "the MOST SUCCESSFUL English team"!

So... get used to it! And, bloody choose an IRISH team! You're Irish (which I love them, so many friends I have)... Support an Irish team; they're better than EVERTON!

Yep, we do look short. But did anyone notice a massive difference when Benayou came on? Yes.

We're not incisive enough because we have players like Kuyt, who was dreadful today, a 10m workhorse with nothing else in his locker, Riise, who was diabolical and has been all season. Riise has no first control, he can't pass, can't cross, has no pace and is suspect in defence. Hyypia is a legend and had a decent game, but for me he gave the ball away far too quickly. The pace of the game was too much for him. In all fairness he wouldn't be playing if Agger wasn't injured, or if Rafa hadn't put all his eggs in the Heinze basket.

I'd be looking to offload Riise, Sissoko and Kuyt in Jan

Once we get Agger and Alonso back, with Torres match fit (obviously struggling) we will go on a run.

These players have to play every game IMO from the start:

Finnan- Carra- Agger--Aurelio/Insua (Insua has been cracking in every reserve game)

Gerrard---Mash (World Class) Alonso-----Benayoun

Torres--------Babel/Crouch

Well to be honest, I would've started Benayoun late because then there will be more gaps for him to exploit. But Today's Arsenal was NOT that good, thankfully :). But Voronin and Kuyt on the flanks? GIVE ME A BREAK ... there goes the crosses, there goes the cutbacks, there goes, unfortunately, the goals too.

I don't think Kuyt should be sold, he's potent between 10m, which is enough IF he's playing up front, not as a winger like today. Mash was great, Alonso certainly adds a dimension to the attack. Crouch was almost the saviour, played well I think.

Certainly Liverpool needs another CB, or why not try Hobbs? He should be decent enough to try.

Who were your pics for man of the match from both teams? Mine were:

Liverpool - Steven Gerrard
Arsenal - Manuel Almunia

Back
Top Bottom