Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Didnt hope hard enough mate.

Shocking. Again.

I blame Koolaje.

Rafa and the boys can't even do it in Europe now.

Oh Sh*t I am so f*cked .........................

Where can I put my face now???? TELL ME!!

Again, everything went downhill after Pako left, which I think, somehow unbalance the team. Or is it just a tough patch of play? Who knows.

Last edited:

You lot must be sikt as parrots.

ha good one , little chance of getting through now, who`s the first one to say " well at least we can concentrate on winning the premiership" like thats easier to do than the champions league....

look what i found stevie g la`s autobiography :shock:

gerr_book.jpg

Last edited:

Absoloutly shocking performance, it's been like this since Paco left and it's going on far too long. This just isn't right, there's more going on here and I've got a feeling there's some unrest behind the scenes.

Rafa clearly has a problem with Crouch. Voronin and Kuyt are too similar and neither are goal-scorers, Crouch and either player would've been a much better option.

At least Gerrard looked like he can be arsed finally, nice goal and he worked harder than he has lately. Shame about nearly everyone else. Babel did well, Benayoun did well when he came on. Everyone else was pretty poor. REALLY poor, sloppy passing, poor defending (Sami is just too slow these days and last night really showed him up).

Things need to change, and quick.

Dont know whats gone wrong, but its certainly more deep rooted than simply being off form or having a bad day at the office.

The team have no cohesion at the moment and cant pass a ball. lots of players look disjointed and dis-interested. Does he need a right hand man? because since Pako left weve slowly spiralled out of control.

Hats off to besiktas, great noise and a lovely second goal by that Bobo fella,.

We simply are not good enough under Benitez, this year is a real test for him and at teh moment its about 50/50 for him. get beat sunday and the problems for him really start.

Take out Gerrard and Torres and we look average, that's the brutal truth. It hurts to say it, but it's true.

Antred is right, I think the pressure on Benitez is really on now. I am not looking forward to Arsenal whatsoever, we will get well and truly slaughtered there if we keep this up.

And yep, the Besiktas fans were great. The noise was just ... wow. Never heard anything like it! The crowd all singing as one, the WHOLE crown no less! Their support was amazing and it was the most intimidating crown I've ever seen anyway. Bobo looks like a class player, I don't think he'll be staying in Turkey long once the big European leagues/club notice him (with all due respect to Besiktas).

Well it'll be at anfield so I hope it's not going to be a blowout.

It's time for Crouch to play :) (My god i'm potraying him as a Liverpool's Saviour!!)

Well despite all the derby stuff, I'm not rubbing anthing in. I think this is a bad dip that you will come back from and I wouldn't completely rule you out of still qualifying in the champions league oddly enough.

I think having Agger is a big miss, especially if a team is 1-0 up and you have to play higher up the pitch and I think clearly Torres is key for linking the play up front.

Don't know long term if Benitez is the man for you in terms of recapturing the premiership, but I don't think this is the time to consider the question.

He did score a hat-trick against us last season so you never know...

Heh he hasn't been playing so should be a little out-of-sync with the rest of the squad AND Arsenal football has never been better since the last 2-3 years surely.

Not a bloody ch ........ I better keep my mouth shut on this one :mrgreen:

What an odd banner, complete opposite of Liverpool fans saying we stick together.

everton showed yous boys how to win in europe last night hahahaha COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh? Against a no-mark team? When was the last time Everton did anything in Europe? Showing us how to win in Europe :lol:

Destroyed? Hehe hardly, they were pretty poor apart from the odd counter-attack.

Incidently, why would an Everton fan be browsing a Besiktas page? Are all blues this bitter? As soon as Liverpool mess up, blues LOVE it and go on about it for ages, even browsing the other teams websites? Silly blues, that's why you're known as bitter, because there isn't enough going on with your own club that you have to follow everything we do in the hope you have SOMETHING to talk about :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't worry mate we'll crush .................

I better not come to this thread, my words are evil to Liverpool!!! This can't be happening??

----------------Pepe----------------

Finnan/Arbeloa------Carra---Agger------Riise/Aurelio

--------------------Monster Mash------------------------------
------------------------------Xabi/Lucas-----------------------

--------------Stevie G-----Yossi----------Harry/Ryan

----------------------------El Nino--------------------

Our best team, don't ya think?

Reina
Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, .... I don't rate either Riise or Aurelio at LB ...
Mascherano
Gerrard, Alonso, Babel
Kuyt,Torres

Though I'd like to see Benayoun and Lucas mixed in there too.

Finnan is overrated and I think Arbeloa is a more consistent player and puts himself about a bit more.

I don't think we've got a great left back. I don't rate Riise much in either LB or LM, he's not the best tackler and loses the ball too much.

Kewell can go, I can't believe we've had him on our wage bill for years and Babel has probably played more minutes! Okay, he hasn't but you know what I'm saying :)

Voronin doesn't look like the same player he was in pre-season and he has this really annoying habit of COMPLETELY missing the goal, dragging the ball wide by about 5 yards. He doesn't seem to have a very powerful shot. He's a lot like Kuyt in that he can be clever in setting up play and getting space, but he seems a bit naff at finishing. Some of his hold-up play is rubbish.

Hyppia shouldn't be getting played at this time in his career. I'd rather Hobbs was played instead. He might not have the experience but he's a lot faster and he looks pretty good already.

Destroyed? Hehe hardly, they were pretty poor apart from the odd counter-attack.

Incidently, why would an Everton fan be browsing a Besiktas page? Are all blues this bitter? As soon as Liverpool mess up, blues LOVE it and go on about it for ages, even browsing the other teams websites? Silly blues, that's why you're known as bitter, because there isn't enough going on with your own club that you have to follow everything we do in the hope you have SOMETHING to talk about :)

HA HA ARENT YOU THE SAME RED-SHITE THATS BEEN ON MY EVERTON THREAD ALL MORNING....:lmao: pot calling the kettle black springs to mind , ahhh its sooo easy...\\:o/ive never felt more like singing the blues when everton win and the redsite lose oh yehhh you got me singin the blues!!!\\:o/

Last edited:

The team have no cohesion at the moment and cant pass a ball. lots of players look disjointed and dis-interested. Does he need a right hand man? because since Pako left weve slowly spiralled out of control.

The question remains, how can the team have any cohesion if they're not playing together every week?

Benitez looks like hes completely lost it, hes gotten paranoid and insecure because everyone knows his rotation doesn't work. It's alright to keep players fresh, but you at least 6/7 players in your team every single time you play.

I prefer to have two strikers, and I do think one of the "workers" (Kuyt or Voronin) needs to be there. For replacement, I'd probably take out either Xabi/Mash/Lucas.

HA HA ARENT YOU THE SAME RED-SHITE THATS BEEN ON MY EVERTON THREAD ALL MORNING....:lmao: pot calling the kettle black springs to mind , ahhh its sooo easy...\\:o/ive never felt more like singing the blues when everton win and the redsite lose oh yehhh you got me singin the blues!!!\\:o/

I hadn't gone on other sites to try and mock Everton though ;) I went on to ask why Hibbert is getting mixed feelings from people. There's the difference. Everton aren't worth our interest to make constant comments on, you aren't even our main rivals anymore. It pisses off Evertonian's because the derby is still your biggest game. But games against Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are bigger to us than playing you lot. And generally the games against those three are better games because they try to play football. All Everton do is hit a long ball to the flanks/corners for Johnson to run onto, or a long ball to Yakubu to control and lay-off. The most boring football to watch in the Premiership. And I'm honestly not being biased because I'm a red, I genuinely do think you play the least attractive football and have quite a cheek to mock teams when they get beat for trying to play football on the ground :)

The question remains, how can the team have any cohesion if they're not playing together every week?

Benitez looks like hes completely lost it, hes gotten paranoid and insecure because everyone knows his rotation doesn't work. It's alright to keep players fresh, but you at least 6/7 players in your team every single time you play.

You could be right about Rafa. He can be too stubborn for his own good sometimes and there's no way he will change from rotation now because he'll see that as giving into the press. I also think he might have lost some of the support of the dressing room, including Gerrard.

I would probably have Xabi and Gerrard in the centre, Babel on the left, and Pennant/Benayoun on the right. Torres along with Kuyt up front. I am not really impressed with Voronin. His finishing is poor. I quite like Kuyt. He creates some good chances, and always gives 100%. I haven't been really impressed with Babel so far, but I am still waiting for a few more matches, before forming an opinion of him.

And I absolutely agree with matherto. The reason there's no cohesion in the team is because the players just don't who will be playing alongside them. They just cannot form any sort of partnerships. It's abuot time Rafa stops his ridiculous rotation policy.

Back
Top Bottom