Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

whats typical about it? Wow kuyt jumped in the air, mind you his legs were bent with his shins aimed at the player, not his feet and studs. Thats not a tackle of a player going in to harm an opponent.

I think he tried to block clearence and overdid it. If the pictures showed his studs forward i could agree. You try doing that with your shins next time your on the pitch and see if you can get up and walk after it.

Ive already said i was surprised everton didnt get the pen, all i said was it was as easy to lescott to lean into carragher as it would be for carra to pull him down, only them two know.

As for the gerrard incident he has every right as captain to talk to the ref and hibbert was last man - unlike half the united squad surrounding refs to get obi mikel off.

And yeah united were pretty yesterday but didnt need to be anything else after seeing the highlights, ive seen better defending from 5 year olds in a school game than villas defence, they were like the keystone cops yesterday.

two footed challenge by kuijt, only yellow card:roll:

It was "dangerous" but there was no malicious intent.
1st his studs were facing well away from the player
and second he did pull out at the last second.

Hardly touched frankenstein...

whats typical about it? Wow kuyt jumped in the air, mind you his legs were bent with his shins aimed at the player, not his feet and studs. Thats not a tackle of a player going in to harm an opponent.

It was still an absolutely rediculous attempt at a tackle, you don't see anyone trying that type of thing normally. He got fouled just before and took his frustration out on the Everton player with the ball. The intent was there, and what was Gerrards penalty against Sheff United given for last year? intent.

I think he tried to block clearence and overdid it. If the pictures showed his studs forward i could agree. You try doing that with your shins next time your on the pitch and see if you can get up and walk after it.

Bullshit he tried to block a clearance. If he'd made contact with the Everton player, regardless of whether his studs were showing, then it couldve been a serious injury, and a definite red.

Ive already said i was surprised everton didnt get the pen, all i said was it was as easy to lescott to lean into carragher as it would be for carra to pull him down, only them two know.

Of course Lescott was trying to shield the ball, and as such leaning in a bit, but when the defender is all over you, arms around, grabbing, etc. Then its a definite pen. Plus I doubt Lescott is the type of player to intentionally try and get the foul.

As for the gerrard incident he has every right as captain to talk to the ref and hibbert was last man - unlike half the united squad surrounding refs to get obi mikel off.

The ref already had the yellow out before Gerrard said anything. That was the refs decision. Gerrard does have every right to speak to him yeah, but when he influenced the match like that, then it goes beyond a little word. And don't bring United into this thread.

And yeah united were pretty yesterday but didnt need to be anything else after seeing the highlights, ive seen better defending from 5 year olds in a school game than villas defence, they were like the keystone cops yesterday.

Again, why bring United into this thread?

It was still an absolutely rediculous attempt at a tackle, you don't see anyone trying that type of thing normally. He got fouled just before and took his frustration out on the Everton player with the ball. The intent was there, and what was Gerrards penalty against Sheff United given for last year? intent.

Bullshit he tried to block a clearance. If he'd made contact with the Everton player, regardless of whether his studs were showing, then it couldve been a serious injury, and a definite red.

Of course Lescott was trying to shield the ball, and as such leaning in a bit, but when the defender is all over you, arms around, grabbing, etc. Then its a definite pen. Plus I doubt Lescott is the type of player to intentionally try and get the foul.

The ref already had the yellow out before Gerrard said anything. That was the refs decision. Gerrard does have every right to speak to him yeah, but when he influenced the match like that, then it goes beyond a little word. And don't bring United into this thread.

Again, why bring United into this thread?

Funny though you see rooney charging around like a mad bull when he doesnt get his own way but its ok because hes goldenboy rooney isnt it?

Ill say it again you try doing what kuyt did in a proper game, go in with your shins and make contact, you'll be on crutches for months.

Ive just said it could have been a pen and im not sure why the ref didnt get it i only reasoned that the two players involved no more about what went on than anyone.

And i will bring united into it. your complaining over Gerrard, yet United invented the pressurising the ref into decisions, the amount of times ive seen ronaldo waving his arms for cards, not to mention what he did to his fellow team player in the world cup - you've got no grounds. Mikel got sent off because about 6 united players went to the ref and influenced his decision.

dont you know the rules mate, both feet leave the ground in a flying tackle = straight red , simple.

dont you know the rules mate, both feet leave the ground in a flying tackle = straight red , simple.

Some people will defend the Indefensible, black is white sometimes when it suits and the logic is so infinitely elastic that no logic or truism will alter what certain people think....so I wouldn't bother arguing mate. It's like being Winston Smith and trying to argue about the nature of reality with O'Brian....an exercise in futility.

Bitter blues and arrogant reds everywhere, it is those in-between who don't wear tinted glasses who can talk about these things and admit the truth on both sides. Some of the reds in here have been top lads and have said it like it is, as for others...oh well.

Last edited:

A fair result would of been 2-2. I'm sick of Liverpool at the moment. I'm quite embarassed that we needed two penalties and a clear decision gone our way at the other end to get the result.

You have to remember that your goal came out of nothing and was freakish at best.

why embarassed that we needed 2 pens?

lucas had scored, that cheating inbred manc deliberatly stuck his hand out knowing he'd get sent off but there was always the chance that we'd miss the pen, as far as cheating goes it was as bad as all the stuff they accused us of after the game

glad you're sick of liverpool, don't ever bother coming to anfield, you'll not be missed

oh fuck off, I'm sick of the way we are playing, any real football fan can see that we will fall way short of winning anything this year unless we'll improve.

I'll continue to watch and my health will suffer as a result. That's commitment. And oh yes I'll be at Anfield this season :D

I know the rules but its all relative isnt it? its not just as simple as that. there has to be a show of intent, he has to make proper contact with the player.

An example of a red card incident is Gerrards two footed on naysmith, both deliberate and cynical. Kuyts wasnt deliberate and cynical, he over egged a daft attempt at blocking a clearennce.

Kuyt isn't that sort of player, end of story. Whether there was intent or not, it really depends how the ref sees it, and his opinion is of the outmost important.

I hope the bad patch is now over, hopefully Besiktas can give us a nice game :)

I know the rules but its all relative isnt it? its not just as simple as that. there has to be a show of intent, he has to make proper contact with the player.

An example of a red card incident is Gerrards two footed on naysmith, both deliberate and cynical. Kuyts wasnt deliberate and cynical, he over egged a daft attempt at blocking a clearennce.

Bottom line is if he had made contact! and (well done to phil neville for being honest and getting out of the way) if he had made contact it was a potentionaly carreer ending tackle thats why refs have been told to not tolerate it, unless you go on holiday with liverpool f.c to the asia cup, clattenborg wants to be liverpools friend........:lmao:

23127114.jpg

Bergkamp got sent off for the same thing against you lot a few years when he jumped at Carragher, no contact was made cos Jamie jumped out of the way.

Kuyt should have gone for that challenge it was a disgrace.

Bergkamp got sent off for the same thing against you lot a few years when he jumped at Carragher, no contact was made cos Jamie jumped out of the way.

Kuyt should have gone for that challenge it was a disgrace.

Totally agree.

Your wasting your energy lads you can't win an argument against people who are deluding themselves. I mean you can play to the gallery and win but you can't prove something to an individual who is deluded.

As the saying goes; a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Those that have logic and reason already agree with you and those that do not disagree and will continue to do so.

Everyone to his own opinion, many times in the past those challenges are given a straight red, so Kuyt was right to say he is lucky NOT to get a red. In defense to Mr Ref, Kuyt over-did his tackle and no intent of hurting Neville, that I think was his way of thinking about the incident. However, I would not disagree if he thinks it was a sending-off event. Both sides have their strong points but the Yellow prevails :)

I'm sure Kuyt is one of the elves in the Lord Of The Rings movies.

we can also put the penalty incident to bed. According to the Liverpool Echo, McFaddens throw in was a foul one as he only had one leg on the floor when he threw it but i digress.

Thanks for the picture, is that someone in shock or someone laughing.

Anyone ever tried to block a clearance by jumping in the way of it?

Your wasting your energy lads you can't win an argument against people who are deluding themselves. I mean you can play to the gallery and win but you can't prove something to an individual who is deluded.

As the saying goes; a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Those that have logic and reason already agree with you and those that do not disagree and will continue to do so.

Why am i deluded? How objective do you want me to be?

Ive already stated we were tosh in the match and already stated i dont think we are good enough to win the league. Ive also stated i was surpised Everton were not awarded a pen but have also stated that we were 40 seconds over the add on time anyway and as weve just found out McFaddens throw was a foul.

Your opinion is that Kuyt was dangerous and cynical, my arguement, knowing what type of player he is is that he isnt and rightly was booked, lucky to not get a red because ive seen them given before but glad the ref applied common sense, as he didnt touch neville, nor was his studs showing.

Kuyts challenge was like one of those dropkicks wrestlers do. Bottom line he went in with two feet off the ground which is straight re for dangerous play regardless whether there is contact or not. If a player launches a punch and misses, he can still be sent off. Just ask Scholes, or Vieira for that matter. When Kunt was asked about the 'tackle' on MOTD you could see he was just dying to laugh... he had his slight stupid slimey gremlin grin on his face as he said he never meant to make contact with Neville....which is bollox. The freak lost his temper after he was outplayed in the tackle before and tried to do the player.... lucky for Neville that he saw it coming and managed to hurdle him. How he kept his cool I dont know.

The difference is the ref had already made up his mind to send obi Mikel off. Clattenburg was going to issue the boy a yellow card, but that wasn’t enough for Gerrard.
He had to remind the ref to send him of. Its no better than players waving imaginary cards.

You can bet your life on it, if a United player had done that it would be headline news repeated on ‘Tonight with Trevour Mcdonald show. The papers would be full of it and you would never have heard the end of it. Particularly if it would have been Ronaldo. You can imagine the headlines "Dirty Cheating Foreigner Gets Honest English Pro Sent Off By Telling Ref Lies". Plus a whole separate debate on whether he dived to win the penalty. But since its Gerrard and Liverpool who are media darlings who get every decision their way, nothing gets said about it. Gerrards antics were nothing short of a disgrace

Last edited:

Did nobody else but me see Howard smash the ball away when the pen was given? I thought thats why he was taking the yellow card out. Gerrard must have said all of one word to him because he wasnt talking to him for long! I still think that the yellow was for Howard.

Why am i deluded? How objective do you want me to be?

Absolutely pissing myself :lmao::lmao:

Your opinion is that Kuyt was dangerous and cynical, my arguement, knowing what type of player he is is that he isnt and rightly was booked, lucky to not get a red because ive seen them given before but glad the ref applied common sense, as he didnt touch neville, nor was his studs showing.

HUGE reds tinted specs.

No one in the media agrees with you, not one person. Match of the day team say red card, match of the day two team say red card, Sky team say red card......please don't say or suggest your being objective again otherwise I'll need to change my underwear again. :lmao:

Ask yourself this question;

If Clattenburg had done no wrong why has he been suspended?

You have tried to justify the Kuyt situation, you have tried to justify the stonewall penalty decidion or at least comment on how it might not be a pen etc etc...your a joke mate.

Don't bother ever complaining about decisions that ever go against you ever again cause you have lost the right to complain in my book....other lads here haven't but you have. Mr If in reds favour I see everything Mr if in other teams favour I see nothing Hehe

P.S

I am not actually arguing with you just having a laugh...because I know how utterly pointless it is to argue with someone in your shoes....I think I'll leave it there, I'm done.

Last edited:

:lmao: this ones rumbling on eh, goes to show the true passion of the merseyside derby is not dead and will never die! here`s to the next game fella`s should be mental , hope we get you in the cup.....;)

p.s. glad to see the dopey ref got his stupid ass banned not that it helps us now:roll:

see ya. good luck to both teams in europe this week something tells me we shall both need it ( why do we love this game?)

QUOTE=Peter Eyres;LMAO, the ref didn't get banned, he just asked for the weekend off because he has to travel to Moscow for Waffa cup game![/QUOTE]

:lmao:lmao.....;)

Absolutely pissing myself :lmao::lmao:

HUGE reds tinted specs.

No one in the media agrees with you, not one person. Match of the day team say red card, match of the day two team say red card, Sky team say red card......please don't say or suggest your being objective again otherwise I'll need to change my underwear again. :lmao:

Ask yourself this question;

If Clattenburg had done no wrong why has he been suspended?

You have tried to justify the Kuyt situation, you have tried to justify the stonewall penalty decidion or at least comment on how it might not be a pen etc etc...your a joke mate.

Don't bother ever complaining about decisions that ever go against you ever again cause you have lost the right to complain in my book....other lads here haven't but you have. Mr If in reds favour I see everything Mr if in other teams favour I see nothing Hehe

P.S

I am not actually arguing with you just having a laugh...because I know how utterly pointless it is to argue with someone in your shoes....I think I'll leave it there, I'm done.

Honestly Van i couldnt be less red specs, if i was i would be ramming down your throat how great we were and how deserved we were when in reality we were poor and lucky to get a result.

All im saying on the kuyt incident is in my eyes he didnt have intent there and if he did it was a crap job of taking Neville out. Im not saying he shouldnt have gone off ive seen plenty go for less. I just think the ref saw it as a bit too enthusiastic and let him off a bit. Under a different ref he may have been carded without question and off.

Also the pen - i was surpised it wasnt given i really was, when i saw it i though oh s**** but we got away with it.

Back
Top Bottom