Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Agreed! Liverpool are a awesome cup team thats the rafa way , its a long season to win the premiership , still dont think the reds will be far away this year but still tip man utd to win again followed by arsenal and everton....;)

Lets be honest here mate, the CL these days is still prestigious but this is mainly because of the TV hype and money involved in the competition but it is a poor shadow of the competition as it was 20 years ago when only the Champions of each country were allowed in.

These days the group stage should be a piece of piss to get out of and then its 4 rounds of knockout which any team can win, 6 good performances and you find yourself in the final.

To me winning the league is harder, its over 38 games. You have to be more consistent. Benitez to me doesn't have the managerial nous to rotate his squad correctly. He has wasted millions on dross like Pennant, Gonzalez, Kewell, Crouch, Arbeloa etc and he persists with over the hill players like Hyypia. To me you still don't look like serious title challengers and thats with a transfer net outlay of over £20 million this summer. Thats down to Benitez cos he is constantly chopping and changing and as Vann said has bought something like over 40 players in 3 seasons!! Way too much!!

Just my opinion at the end of the day...

Arbeloa, dross? Crouch, dross? (only Kaka scored more goals in the CL)

Torres out for ten days with torn muscle.

Terrific. Don't you just love international football!

Maybe we will see Babel tried upfront against Everton!

knowing Rafa it will be Kewell behind Voronin.

Last edited:

I don't think Kewells starting, no way.

Unless by playing him in the UCL final last year after recovering from the injury says anything ...

Anyway, this weekends game will be huge, Torres I think will play despite the injury. Hopefully Bennyonion and Babel will get the nod on the wings.

Hope we kick your ass like last season, remember you could not beat us.....\\:o/:lmao:

Yeah right, like Rafa's gonna let you did what you did last season ;)

Not the best preparation to be honest, especially in the center of midfield (Stevie G low in confidence, Sissoko in Rock Bottom, Alonso not fully fit).

YEH YEH mate listen cahill vaughan gravesen all injured! yak looks less tham ordinary, think this derby will be very close and a cracker, may the best team win.

stevie-blue.jpg

Last edited:

Got to say I quite like Arteta, he makes Everton tick. Still, as long as we perform to our best ability, I can see us sneaking a 1-0. Looking forward to this game AND the rugby this weekend!

What happened to Sissoko anyway? Did he got dumped by his gf or something? Didn't watch the marseille game but judging by the review, even his teammates didn't want to pass the ball to him.

Well you wouldn't when the ball just rolls of his feet. Ever since his eye injury he just hasn't been the same old momo worthy of including in a 'best (centre) midfield in the world' song

Thats what happens when you do the dirt on the mighty everton f.c!!!

seriously though all the best for the day what ever the out-come! may the best team win and for the right reason`s , hope there are no dodgy ref decisions , sick to death of that, enjoy the game red-shite!....;)

Everytime I watch us play we seem to get worse. Too Defensive all the time. Why cant we play some fast paced attractive attacking football? We always hoof the ball up the pitch its fuckin ridiculous.

Im willing to make a bet that we will NOT win the league under Benitez.

Wow. Liverpool do not deserve to be level and a man up. Well played stevie 'i'm such an honest player i'd never dive' gerrard. Wait for th slightest touch, go down like a sack of bricks. He could have just taken another step and pulled the trigger, but he was desperate to go down. I guess that's clever. But he better nto come out and talk about honesty again anytime soon.

AVE IT!!!!!!!

AVE IT!!!!!!!

AVE IT!!!!!!!

The table looks better, but that will only serve to paper over some serious cracks and ineptitude from Benitez.

LMAO

What a crazy game!!! We were shite again but managed to get the result. Quality save by Neville :D. Woulda been even more pissed off had we missed that pen, which we nearly did.

We seem to lack any spark, flair and inspiritation. At least Gerrard put in a half decent performance for a change. I am not looking forward to Arsenal next sunday :|

Wow .........

wow ...........

That was something ... the ref was in the middle of it all. To be fair, even as a Liverpool fan, I wonder why that last second sure-penalty by Carragher wasn't spotted by the ref. Almost pull my heart out, VERY luckily Carra got away with it.

And Everton and Moyes got the tactics spot on, too bad Hibbett's knee hit Gerrard and went down ... yes like a "sack of potato bag", but it's a penalty and was the last man.

Why am I saying this? God smack, it was a hell of a game.

Coming on the back of the Russia penalty in mid week what can you say apart from another disgraceful referrring performance.

Gerrard spoke to the ref and the ref changed his mind and sent off Hibbert. Don't get me wrong definite penalty and maybe Hibbert should be sent off, but no referree should change their decision on the basis of what a players says- disgrace number 1.

Kuyt challenge...seriously how is that not a red card? It doesn't matter about connection, watch that on match of the day seriously- 100% red card not given disgrace number 2.

Lescott being held back back Carra, it was a penalty, not a disgrace but a mistake by the ref.

Liverpool start getting and top and played the better football, but I think we defended quite well and still tried to go forward on the counter...not bad considering the 10 men.

Penalty and sending off for Nevill spot on agree with that...would this be the situation though if Hibbert was on the pitch, or if Kuyt was sent off, it Lescots pen was given?

Anyway you're 2-1 to the good no matter what and then....

Lescott is draged backward and over by Carr fucking wrestling him to the ground....100% penalty...of course nothing given...disgrace number 3.

Bottom line ------------

You might as well of had Kop referreing the match....you might as well have given all the major decisions to every Liverpool fan at Goodison Park via an ask the audience (who wants to be a millionaire styly).

That a fair result or match....fucking sick joke more like it.

Neville for England No1 jersey!

I've replied to your post in the Everton thread my good man. I realise how pissed you will be, particularly straight after the Russian disgrace.

Have a good night lads , but please dont call us a small club ever again, your so called mananger again degraded this club by saying lescott dived at the very end even though he was clearly dragged back with two arms, we are your biggest rivals and any red man who denies this is a fool to him self, without Everton in this great city your nothing.......Gutted.

Edit...steven gerrard......dont even start me! Havin said that the ref was a disgrace and ruined a classic merseyside derby.

Last edited:

I guess this year the poor refereeing went liverpools way. I remember last season's 3-0 with the first two goals coming from challenges that should have been a freekick (cahill wrestling alonso to the floor for the first springs to mind). From what i read, as i didnt manage to see it, a draw would have been the fair result.

Its a shame that so many of todays top games (the derby, liv-chel, manu-chel, etc) seem to be decided by poor decisions then actual football. It really is time they added extra ref's / video ref's as the amount of moaning and whinging that goes on from the players before the actual game gets restarted (offside goals, penalty moans, etc) the videoref could have easily come to a decision.

Thats what happens when you do the dirt on the mighty everton f.c!!!

seriously though all the best for the day what ever the out-come! may the best team win and for the right reason`s , hope there are no dodgy ref decisions , sick to death of that, enjoy the game red-#####!....;)

Knew this would come back to haunt me, any self respecting red-##### supporter will not take much satisfaction with this , we had nine men you had 12 (clearly) stevie divehard!!!!! and a word with the ref....disgusting!

Back
Top Bottom