Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

calm down guys, you will surely win your 3 home games and that will be enough i guess. i hope you wont rape us though. :)

Did anyone else notice how fast the pitch was? I think that had an effect aswell tbh, all the long searching passes in to space just couldnt work because the ball would just keep on going and no slowdown as would normally be the case. You could see it with small details aswell, players just turning and knocking the ball forward a bit to run away, yet the ball would go so far ahead that they would lose possesion. It was the same for porto, although they would mostly play balls to feet (the passes to queresma showed that). They hardly ever played the ball ahead of the player.

Even though rubbish game, but a good result and a good performance defensively. Porto didnt actually manage to create much even when liverpool were down to 10. Ohwell, same start as last season against psv in which we were poor and got a 0-0.

Most difficult game out the way.

I just had a feeling we'd loose a CB to injury first.

Hopefully Hobbs and Lucas can step up. Can't wait to see Lucas play first team football. Hes too much of a talent to pay what we did and sit him on the bench.

Most difficult game out the way.

I just had a feeling we'd loose a CB to injury first.

Hopefully Hobbs and Lucas can step up. Can't wait to see Lucas play first team football. Hes too much of a talent to pay what we did and sit him on the bench.

Haven't seen Hobbs played, so hopefully he'll get time to prove himself. I don't think Arbeola should be CB, he's too skinny hehehe :P

Lucas as in Lucas Leiva? He's a midfieder right? He now should be 4th choice now after Alonso's misery. (Talk about depth \\:o/)

Re: Liverpool Thread

I guess nobody bothered to post some reaction to last night's woeful game ..

Maybe Benonion would be better suited for the game. Lacked that spark needed to unlock Birminghams Defence. Crouch should've scored :(

4 Points dropped through plain stupidity. Add on the two dropped against Chelsea because we were robbed styles and it will all start to add up and go against us in the title race.

We had about £35m worth of newely acquired talent on the bench that can provide creativity, guile and pace. And yet we didn't use it. I'm getting sick of Rafa's excuses in the Post match interviews.

Chelsea will never drop Drogba. United will never drop Rooney. Even if a team comes out to park their coach infront of goal you need these players on. The game opened up once Torres came on. His amazing overhead kick, and he set Crouch through to. So Rafa, don't tell me Torres wasn't right for this game. I'd say about 10 of the premiership teams will come to Anfield for a point. So are we going to leave Torres out for half the season after having paid 20m for him? What about 5m for Benny and 8.5m for Lucas?

4 Points dropped through plain stupidity. Add on the two dropped against Chelsea because we were robbed styles and it will all start to add up and go against us in the title race.

We had about £35m worth of newely acquired talent on the bench that can provide creativity, guile and pace. And yet we didn't use it. I'm getting sick of Rafa's excuses in the Post match interviews.

Chelsea will never drop Drogba. United will never drop Rooney. Even if a team comes out to park their coach infront of goal you need these players on. The game opened up once Torres came on. His amazing overhead kick, and he set Crouch through to. So Rafa, don't tell me Torres wasn't right for this game. I'd say about 10 of the premiership teams will come to Anfield for a point. So are we going to leave Torres out for half the season after having paid 20m for him? What about 5m for Benny and 8.5m for Lucas?

Common sense spoken.

Yeh, you could read that or just watch the highlights of Torres first Liverpool Hat-trick tonight! :D

Clear as day. With Gerrard, Benny and Torres is in the team we will score goals. And we don't usually let many in, so please Rafa pick a spine and stick with it.

lets not get carried away here playin a second string reading side afterall , goals looked good i must admit.

I'm not going to pretend and say I've always loved and rated Torres but he's slowly making me eat humble pie, what a player! Hope to see him at Wigan.

Yeh, you could read that or just watch the highlights of Torres first Liverpool Hat-trick tonight! :D

Clear as day. With Gerrard, Benny and Torres is in the team we will score goals. And we don't usually let many in, so please Rafa pick a spine and stick with it.

I have just done that as well.

I doubted Torres as a signing and I think I did so with very good logic;

He was a big fish in a small pond, only scored around 14 goals per season and was untested playing at a big club in more physical league.

I think 9/10 such a player would not adapt too well and would not be likely to make such a big step up.

But Torres has gone beyond all expectation and has being nothing short of superb.

He has displayed balance, technique, pace, strength, control, tenacity, great hold up play, directness, subtlety and is very good in one on one situations and has had good finishing.

In short he has been nothing short of a revelation thus far and I am saying that as an Evertonian.

I do not think he is a pure predator in the mold of a Van Nistelrooy, Lineker or Rush etc…

Maybe not even as much a predator as Saha say…

But his contribution is way beyond what an out and out typical poacher gives to a side…

Very impressed Evertonian here….shit I hope you don’t do too well though Haha..

Last edited:

Torres is fucking class, really enjoyed the game tonight, Readibg did well too, even tho they tried to kill Torres whenever he had the ball and he should of had a penalty as well

lets not get carried away here playin a second string reading side afterall , goals looked good i must admit.

Their defence was the same as they've been playing in the premiership bar the keeper. Only player they were really missing was Doyle who's been slow out of the blocks this year.

Torres is fucking class, really enjoyed the game tonight, Readibg did well too, even tho they tried to kill Torres whenever he had the ball and he should of had a penalty as well

Cheers Dazfeeder and Van, much appreciated :applause:

@vanzandt

I think at Athletico, Torres had the burden of captaincy at such a young age. Yes he was a talent, a pin-up and the darling boy of Spanish football, but Atheletico were struggling to return to their glory days, and he had to shoulder some of the blame, despite only being 19-20 with not much experience of anything outside of the Spanish league.

He has said himself in interviews that he feels like his chains have been set free, he can concentrate on his game, and express himself, without having to take to much interest in inspiring his other team-mates whilst trying to lead the forward line often on his own. He's now in an enviorment where he is being supported by experienced top class players that have won several European and domestic trophies in recent years, something he never had at Atleti.

Players like Reina, Alonso and Arbeloa are key to him settling in ASAP

What you have said makes sense and also he was forced to play out of position at Atletico sometimes as well.

But he has more than just settled in my opinion.

I watched some of his games in La liga (I watch La Liga and in fact am watching Barcelona Zaragoza right now).

He has stepped up two levels for me never mind one and that is with adapting to a new team, a new more physical league and a bigger team.

That is something you must be very happy with, maybe it is something that Rafa saw in him and expected....I think Ferguson may have seen it too which is why Man Utd also tried to get him.

Looking like a great signing....please do not do too well though Haha....or at least please make sure that if you do well that so do we :)

Last edited:

Class goal from Benayoun. Would of been more but Torres was sloppy today. Still caused them problems though and that's why he should play. If he was willing to use his weaker foot more often he'd score twice as much as he does.

Class goal from Benayoun. Would of been more but Torres was sloppy today. Still caused them problems though and that's why he should play. If he was willing to use his weaker foot more often he'd score twice as much as he does.

Ah if only Turner painted with his other hand as well, if only Ray Charles had played guitar as well a playing the sax, piano and blues keyboard :lmao:

I think you have to be VERY and OUSTANDINGLY (is that a word haha) happy with what you DO have.

If he can continue this form you have the best or nearly the best striker in the world.

Poor performance against Marsielle!

We deserved to lose.

Lucas did not play well, so didn't Sissoko.

Just poor all round except for the last few minutes when we could see a glimpse of the Liverpool spirit fighting back.

absolutely shocking performance!!!What a fuck Cissoko was doing On the pitch yesterday?:roll: poor first touch,gave the ball away too often was really poor
But i think Rafa Got it wrong at the beginning.What the point to start with Pato on the left ahead of Babbel for an important game like that?now you are 5 pts away from Marseille and you have to go to Marseille and Istanbul,you're in trouble...

Poor performance against Marsielle!

We deserved to lose.

Lucas did not play well, so didn't Sissoko.

Just poor all round except for the last few minutes when we could see a glimpse of the Liverpool spirit fighting back.

leto not Lucas.

Our Midfield simply isn't performing, and thats why we're suffering.

It was the worst performance I've even seen since the days of finishing 5th in Rafa's first year and some of the dire periods under GH.

simply put you guys are just not scoring goals at the moment , we wasted 11 mill on the yak and still scoring goals for fun ;)

time to get the cheque book out and find a goal scorer some where ha it will change but i know how frustrating it must be at least you have had some return from torres , yak has given nothing so far!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom