Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

Well done on the top performance and result.

As an Evertonian I am honest in not wanting you lot to win, but I can take my hat off to a 6-0 win that could have been 10-0.

No illusions about what the start means to us and that we are not challenging for second never mind the title..BUT

I wonder when the last time Liverpool and Everton were one and two in the table?

....certainly looks good for Merseyside even if it is early doors.

I can take my hat off to an away win at Bolton.

Everton should push for 5th, and with Tottenham slipping, 4th is a possibility. It'll be tough, what with Arsenal, Blackburn and Newcastle sniffing around.

Good to see a brief return to the 80's :D Although I probably wouldn't feel the same if it was you lot in top spot.

Yea nice one.

Everton should push for 5th, and with Tottenham slipping, 4th is a possibility. It'll be tough, what with Arsenal, Blackburn and Newcastle sniffing around.

Agreed.

Good to see a brief return to the 80's :D Although I probably wouldn't feel the same if it was you lot in top spot.

Agree about it good to see a brief return to the 80s....spot on. Disagree about the other bit of course :lol:

Anyway the former of the two is the more important for Merseyside.

...A pity really arrogant reds and bitter blues exist. If it wasn't for the ify fans I could just concentrate on where we get and be happy for you, reckon the same probably goes for you...as it is we hope the other loses or at least doesn't achieve much :lmao:

Anyway your performance was oustanding...so well done.

Last edited:

Totally agree mr Van! really enjoyed motd last night , Liverpool did look awesome i must admit but i think derby may recieve quite a few hammerings this year. Still there are no easy games in the prem derby will prob sort it out for next game or too.

Really don't get this comment? so tottenham would be fourth? but because there not doing very well then 4th place is up for grabs?

Arsenal have been 4th and show no signs of doing any worse this year - if they win against portsmouth they will have exactly the same points as Liverpool.

you also bunch us in with Everton, blackburn, and newcastle - we are one of the Top four teams in the league we have been for many years.

Anyway just annoyed me a bit, Well done on your 6-0.

Why? Because Liverpool have claimed third spot in the last two seasons, and Spurs pushed Arsenal close. Everton finished only 8 points behind the two of us, and they are a stronger side now.

At the start of the season it did look like arsenal would be fighting with spurs for 4th, what with henry leaving, gallas spouting his mouth off, spurs increasing their attacking options. However arsenal have looked really good so far, faberge is scoring now and they are winning games they would probably have drawn last season. With manu and chelsea both beginning the season poorly. Neither have played anywhere near what they have done/can, with manu losing their two top attackers and chelsea pretty much playing longball only. Just watched the villa-che match and chelsea were rubbish, as they were against liverpool aswell really. No decent attacking movement or passing, just hoof it up to drogba and hope he can do something with it.

If arsenal and liverpool can keep it up it could be a really good, 4-way title race this season. I would think arsenal would be in more trouble then liverpool when injuries start popping up. And with liverpool actually being able to rotate and win at the beginning of the season they could get close this year aswell. Hasnt their records from october onwards over the past 2 seasons been the best? With most points scored in that period? Atleast this year it looks like the gap wont be so big that it wont matter, it could be the difference with the strong record liverpool has in the latter parts of the season.

We'll see, wish we didnt have the international break, its boring anyway and pointless with mclown in charge.

"I would think arsenal would be in more trouble then liverpool when injuries start popping up" tiktiktik

We have gallas Eboue and Sagna all out of our defence at the moment - so I think we have our fair share of injuries and we are still doing really well.

I agree liverpool look very strong and Everton are looking like a really good team - but to assume Arsenal are going to go below 4th is ridiculous when there is no evidence for it at all. Especially with the beginning of the season we have had.

Yeah i dont think spurs or everton will be good enough to get into 4th. However i meant attack and midfield with regard to injuries, arsenal are arguably stronger in defense as we only have hyppia as backup to carra and agger. The wingback positions are decently covered though (finnan or arbeloa & riise/arbeloa/aurelio(when back from injury).

Yeah i dont think spurs or everton will be good enough to get into 4th

Maybe, but we only finished 10pts behind you last year and you had Henry for half the season. Also we finnished 4th a couple of years ago so have done it before and this year we have bought a striker who has only scrored less goals than Henry over the last four years and have strengthend our squad.

It depends on lots of factors, what happens with Europe, injuries etc. But I don't think Arsenal can just presume that you are going to waltz into 4th spot.

Arsenal are favourites to be ahead on anyone bar Man Utd, Chelsea and maybe Liverpool, but being a favourite means nothing as that is just something on paper.

Well with liverpool and there finishing product at goal it`s such a confidence booster. You lot won`t be satisfied with 1 or 2 goals you expect 3 or 4 ...even w/o Gerrard

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Liverpools best poacher, the one who looks more concerned about the back of the net is.... Voronin?

He looks like a powerful goal hanging git who will get a lot of goals to me.

Yes, and I fear Kuyt will be dropped if he doesn't start scoring.

I think Voro offers workrate, pace, strength (well uses his body well) inteliigence and seems to have a finishing touch that Kuyt hasn't really shown at Liverpool so far.

:lmao: Im suprised with Torres, 99% of this forum(Including me) have put him down as the big flop and for me he isnt showing to be bad at all ok he scored that goal against chelsea and didnt do anything apart but already he's scored 3 and he will be judged on his goals also he seems to fitting in quicker then most expected but with PLF being very confident he wouldnt succeed i still think he has it all to do;)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_2705370,00.html

:lmao: Im suprised with Torres, 99% of this forum(Including me) have put him down as the big flop and for me he isnt showing to be bad at all ok he scored that goal against chelsea and didnt do anything apart but already he's scored 3 and he will be judged on his goals also he seems to fitting in quicker then most expected but with PLF being very confident he wouldnt succeed i still think he has it all to do;)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_2705370,00.html

Looks like the doubters have put the curse on themselves.

Funny that most of the doubters were United, Chavski, Arsenal supporters. All teams that have tried to sign him in the past.

I'm not getting ahead of myself. 15+ goals this season will be a success, but for me his general play and workrate has been phenominal. He will create space for others by commiting defenders, and scaring them into mistakes.

I Think El Nino will do brilliant in the premier league. He is strong (and you will never tell that by just looking at him), he goes in for tackles, takes on defenders at every opportunity, he is extremely quick, has great close ball control. The two goals he scored against Derby were brilliant. He took on the defenders and put the ball in the back of the net. He did the same against Chelsea. But Babel's goal was classic. That dummy will probably end up on a lot of videos. The two defenders sliding in the way they did was comical. :lmao:I couldnt stop laughing.

Hey freddie can you do us a favour mate and post in a different font or something? Might just be me but reading your last post made me feel like I was losing my vision.

Shocking performance today.

Rafa got the team selection all wrong.

Not a bad result to get a draw away at Porstmouth, but they were there for the taking IMO. You have to play your best eleven for away games, and you should never bench your three impact players. Gerrard, Torres, and Babel clearly offer us the most in terms of pace, strength and aggression.

Agreed.
They should have at least started with Gerrard.
It was so fkn frustrating for Livo to not win that game, so many damn chances.
Felt sorry for Crouch though, you could tell he was trying his best to prove himself good enough for a regular spot.

What was with the penalty ? Reina is an absolute champion anyhow!

Well I don't know what he was thinking thugging the shirt, anyway we have Reina to the rescue! :)

I don't mind Gerrard being rested since he played 2 games last week for england. Torres is probably the same, Babel played also but since it's going to be a physical game, Rafa probably chooses players who've been there before (Voronin is good physically so no problems there).

Not expecting a win today to be honest. Porto are extremely under-rated.

However, I think this is the one game we can afford a loose.

Terrible. What a fool Pennant is. We better buck up our ideas against Brum.

A good result considering the circumstances, hardly anyone beat Porto at home, let alone with 10 men.

Embarrassing! I think it was 2 shots on goal & 1 corner kick but credit to Porto they really made it difficult.

excellent point.good to know we can scrape a point against a very good side away,that too with ten man.win our three home games and we're through.god awful performance though...

It was very clear after the first few minutes who have more hunger :(

Too bad it wasn't our team.

Back
Top Bottom