Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

time to get the cheque book out

That's the last thing Rafa needs to do in my opinion. He keeps wasting millions of pounds on average players every season. I would personally trim the squad down and work with the players I had. Look at Fergie/Mourinho/Wenger in the past - they stick with their best eleven week-in, week-out. There is no consistency at L'pool and there hasn't been since I can remember. They also play very boring football - with a Spanish coach and all them Spanish players I thought we'd see an exciting, attacking Reds team. Instead we get a defense first, attack second team. It seems that Liverpool only get going if Gerrard does. How many more seasons can they rely on the English genius for?

Heh ......

Pulsating game, but since Tot scored the second it was an uphill struggle. Rafa's lucky to have Torres on board.

I don't like Kuyt being deployed in the right wing, he's even worse than Stevie.G there. He's a natural striker.

Thank fuck for El Nino. Thank fuck I left him in my FLP team despite my doubts that he would even start given Benitez's mysterious tinkering.

Things are still not looking good.

4 behind United, 6 behind Arsenal, Chelsea winning without Dogbreath. Up against it in Europe. And games with Arsenal, Everton and Blackburn to come!

We won't win the league (this year), I've finally realised it. Yes we've strengthened, but still missed out on improving certain positions. Our net spend wasn't that much at all. We need two world class wingers for either side, and we need to some solid pacey wingbacks, a better target man than croucy and we need Agger back in CD, with adequate backup.

Last edited:

torres saves your unbeaten record...look abit like the old Arsenal w/ four short passes in the box no one wanted to score or just wanted Gerrard to score anyhow very exciting game

Last edited:

Someone just sent this to my MySpace:

l_816b2b25f1d4a1c6686cc2da93ed098d.jpg

;)

ha not bad , gonna be a tough ole season for us mersey boys! still it makes for an interesting time also

Thank fuck for El Nino. Thank fuck I left him in my FLP team despite my doubts that he would even start given Benitez's mysterious tinkering.

Things are still not looking good.

4 behind United, 6 behind Arsenal, Chelsea winning without Dogbreath. Up against it in Europe. And games with Arsenal, Everton and Blackburn to come!

We won't win the league (this year), I've finally realised it. Yes we've strengthened, but still missed out on improving certain positions. Our net spend wasn't that much at all. We need two world class wingers for either side, and we need to some solid pacey wingbacks, a better target man than croucy and we need Agger back in CD, with adequate backup.

Its not over yet, if this is our slump ill take it for now. Spurs wernt great today they had about 3 chances and took 2 of them, we had about 6 and took 2 of them, thats the difference.

I'm still worried about you lot if others aren't. I could still see you lot putting a good run together. People are talking like you're fucked but you're still not far off the lead.

Whose Marcus Babel? Is that a hybrid of the Dutch attacker, german centre half?

OH YOU MEAN RYAN BABEL........oh:roll:

Hey don't blame me, I didn't make it! Some guy in my MySpace friends did.

Anyway, I changed it for you:

l_ecad0b527d7b81eb72f5010654d80c7c.jpg

:)

I wouldn't call Benitez a muppet. Some people forget that he won the European Cup in his first season at Anfield. He don't seem to "get" the English league - squad rotation is very common in La Liga and he has brought this idea with him to the Premiership.

I wouldn't call Benitez a muppet. Some people forget that he won the European Cup in his first season at Anfield. He don't seem to "get" the English league - squad rotation is very common in La Liga and he has brought this idea with him to the Premiership.

not to mention winning the league twice in Spain, and a waffa cup too! An FA cup beating United and Chelsea on the way......and a Supercup :D with a charity shield thrown in.

Last edited:

People are talking like you're fucked but you're still not far off the lead.

its all part of an elaborate plan ;)

Pretend we won't win the league, and make out that we will struggle to qualify for the Waffa cup, but go second after winning our game in hand ;) No-one will notice.

Good news.

Alonso and Agger well ahead of schedule, may well be back for the Derby!

Awesome. I dread Hyypia playing in such a high tempo game.

Well rafa's defensive system depends on whom he plays, if he played Hyppia then the system would be tweaked so Hyppia, most of the time, would only need to head the ball instead of having to backtrack on a tricky player like Ronaldo.

Great news about both of them, sorely missed Alonso's passes since Gerr's not up to par these days :(

Are you guys happy with Liverpool at the moment considering the amount of money you have spent?

Last edited:

We spent 20m if you take into consideration our player sales. Not much these days.

No, I'm not happy at the moment, I was ecstatic before the Pompey game, but I'm happy with the purchases.

We spent 20m if you take into consideration our player sales. Not much these days.

No, I'm not happy at the moment, I was ecstatic before the Pompey game, but I'm happy with the purchases.

yeah he has recouped well, but so he should with the turnaround of players he buys and sell...

hes bought well over 40 players in three years...

surely even with the tinted specs you can see he is abit clueless...

yeah he has recouped well, but so he should with the turnaround of players he buys and sell...

hes bought well over 40 players in three years...

surely even with the tinted specs you can see he is abit clueless...

Totally agree. I am willing to bet that Liverpool will never win the league with Benitez in charge. He is a muppet!!

Fuck me, if muppets win the CL with a bunch of muppets in their first season in charge, then what the hell do absoloutley shit managers do?

Fuck me, if muppets win the CL with a bunch of muppets in their first season in charge, then what the hell do absoloutley shit managers do?

Lets be honest here mate, the CL these days is still prestigious but this is mainly because of the TV hype and money involved in the competition but it is a poor shadow of the competition as it was 20 years ago when only the Champions of each country were allowed in.

These days the group stage should be a piece of piss to get out of and then its 4 rounds of knockout which any team can win, 6 good performances and you find yourself in the final.

To me winning the league is harder, its over 38 games. You have to be more consistent. Benitez to me doesn't have the managerial nous to rotate his squad correctly. He has wasted millions on dross like Pennant, Gonzalez, Kewell, Crouch, Arbeloa etc and he persists with over the hill players like Hyypia. To me you still don't look like serious title challengers and thats with a transfer net outlay of over £20 million this summer. Thats down to Benitez cos he is constantly chopping and changing and as Vann said has bought something like over 40 players in 3 seasons!! Way too much!!

Just my opinion at the end of the day...

Back
Top Bottom