Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

Manchester United defender Gaby Heinze says he remains determined to join Liverpool.

Heinze is hoping to be given the green light to join Liverpool when a Premier League arbitration panel meets to discuss his case today.

He told the Mirror: "I am a professional and I am concentrating every day on my career with Manchester United, but now my head is thinking about Monday's meeting and I want a definitive solution.

"My lawyers are optimistic about this case.

"My idea has not changed and my objective is to go to Liverpool. I will always be grateful to United, but now I hope they allow me to get my wish."

Referee Rob Styles will not officiate in the Premier League next weekend following his performance in the Liverpool-Chelsea game on Sunday.Styles was criticised for awarding a controversial penalty to Chelsea.

Referees' chief Keith Hackett told Sky Sports: "On this occasion it was wrong and therefore Rob will not be officiating next weekend."

Styles also appeared to show Chelsea's Michael Essien a second yellow card but then failed to send him off.

Styles awarded Chelsea a controversial penalty against Liverpool on Sunday for a foul by Steve Finnan on Florent Malouda, but replays showed the Reds defender to be completely innocent.

Styles has since admitted to Hackett that he got the decision wrong but has nevertheless been withdrawn from the next round of Premier League games.

Hackett told Sky Sports News: "I have spoken to Rob and obviously he was extremely disappointed when he looked at the video with

Former referee Hackett is general manager of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the body which oversees referees.

He also revealed the assistant referee from the Fulham-Middlesbrough game had been dropped after David Healy was denied an equaliser when the ball seemed to cross the line.

He added: "Accountability exists and we, the PGMOL, do expect referees to get big decisions correct

Last edited:

Its incidents like this that make you wonder why they just dont have the 4th official look at the videos a couple of times. I mean before the penalty is taken and the moaning is over everybody watching the tv has already seen it about 5 times. And then there's the goal fulham "scored".

Referee Rob Styles has admitted he was wrong to award a penalty to Chelsea at Anfield on Sunday, and has apologised to Liverpool for his error.

Frank Lampard was able to secure a 1-1 draw for the Blues after Styles penalised Steve Finnan for bringing down Florent Malouda.

Replays showed there was no foul and, having reviewed the incident, the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Limited) have decided that Styles will not officiate this weekend.

In a statement, Styles said: "All referees enter into matches hoping not to make any mistakes but understanding that they may happen, what none of us want is for any mistake to potentially affect the result of the match.

"Yesterday, in mistakenly awarding a penalty, I accept that I may have affected the result of the match and for that I apologise."

Justice has been served in my opinion, he apologized already, but somebody has to be the ref, and everyone has an off day. Let's move on to Sunderland. Tricky away game ..

Gah what kind baby is that ?!??!

Anyway, IMHO, Rafa's saying too much about Heinze, and now the schedule etc. Shouldn't he be saying things like that by winning in the pitch? Unnessary stuff.

look at the facts though, we always get the early kickokffs. We have a right to dispute the way the FA works considerng how elitist and un-democratic it is.

look at the facts though, we always get the early kickokffs. We have a right to dispute the way the FA works considerng how elitist and un-democratic it is.

the fat spanish waiter didnt even know prem league rules in relation to signing players...

yet he speaks facts...

Would any Pool fan on here be so kind, If they have them, Upload some Pool chants or PM them to me for PES 6 (Pc), Would be very much appriciated...;)

Well yes but not to the media, where every problem (even a MOM-I-WANT-MY-BIG-BROTHER'S-HAVING situation) is being blow-out like it's a new world war.

My opinion though .. he wasn't this vocal before so it's quite a surprise to me :(

It's the goatee, it brings out his dark side.....and I like it.

Great result today, but I wasn't that impressed with the performance. Yes we had several chances, but we were so direct that we could string more than 5 passes together (other than the cracking Voro goal)

Regarding the rafa comments, could it be he's trying to create a them vs us attitude after the penalty mistake? You only have to look at how chelsea are and how "close" they are on the pitch fighting to the last minute. Liverpool are/have been fairly calm and collected on the pitch over the past few years. Theyve never seemed to have the seige mentality manu and chelsea have. Maybe thats what he is trying to do.

Is your maych on council tele tonight?

Hope so as I am in a dim dark world away from Sky TV...

Liverpool FC TV is coming to Virgin Media on 20th September.

XL package and Setanta Sports subscribers will automatically receive this channel at no extra cost.

Liverpool
Porto
Marseille
Besiktas

Think only Porto and Besiktas away gonna be tricky.Other than that,lookin forward to the group stages.Glad to see Cisse comin back.And Quaresma is comin to Anfield after all...

That would be some funny stuff if it does happen. :lol:

TBH,i wouldnt mind it.Baptista and Boumsong are not crappy players.Probably at the wrong club,wrong time(Tomasson,Saha(NUFC),Mascherano(WHU),many others...)Baptista not too long ago had very good seasons in Spain.If it wasnt for the circus that is Real Madrid,sure he'd still have been good for alot of people.Boumsong from his Auxerre days was brilliant alongside Mexes,good season in Scotland,and eventually had the worst luck playing alongside Titfuck Bramble!Maradona would look shit playin beside him surely????

Crouch on the other hand,(before it gets on anyones tits,not slatin our own,just an honest opinion)doesnt exactly put away the ratio of chances which comes his way.Cant head at all,i mean AT ALL.And he's attitude of late(moaning,bitchin bout playin time)has really been piss poor to say the least(the whole interview ITV after Tolouse home).Thinks he should be No1 striker when there are clearly three way better strikers than him.Fame's got to the man's head with really bad advice given to him by Agent,Abi Clancy ,Mcclown....I say if you not really gonna be a team player,FUCK OFF PETER.We were better before you,and will always be way better without ya.Im really sure if he doesnt go now,it'll be Jan or next summer.I cant wait!

Another rumour that has been goin round is Crouch to Pompey in exchange for...wait for it..TRAORE!!!!!and Nugent.Now that would be fuckin hilarious,scary to say the least.Was over the moon when we got rid of "He's big,He's black,He plays at left back"

Now you see why the first option wasnt too bad after all?

Rumours that Gerrad Houllier and Gary Mac will be coming in. Ged taking Director of Football Position to free up Rafa for more time with the players.

It's a shame Paco's left, but the reports of his bust up with Rafa indicate that its probably for the best.

Hopefully it won't effect the team tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom