Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

good luck tonight lads, cant wait, hope its a great game, although i can see it ending 0-0 lol

gonna get absolutely battered 1-0 tonight!

but really, it'll be a 0-0, and in the second leg, one team will win with a goal that doesn't exactly cross the line

1-0 HT

Fair score atm tbh, if only for liverpool's mistakes. I see mourinho is using his tactical genius again as he did against valencia, i.e. pump it long and slow to drogba and see if he can make anything of it. Great stuff, says enough when liverpool are the team trying to attack, sadly they arent getting anywhere with it yet.

1-0 FT

Fair result, liverpool hardly looked dangerous besides a gerrard shot. A lot of mistakes made aswell, misplaced passes.

Dont really know whether to be pleased or dissapointed for the return leg, chelsea not needing to do anything (which they didnt even attempt at home either looking at the game) makes it look like a tough game at anfield. Hopefully a repeat of this seasons result will happen. Close though.

we were shite. baffling selection, baffling tactics, no one turned up for us we got what we deserved.

Chelsea? 400 million pounds worth of Wimbledon shite. Never seen so many punted balls to Drogba in my life and i've never seen such a diving performance from a player, he put Ronaldo to shame.

What a wonderful spectacle of European footy. Be glad when its all over.

we were shite. baffling selection, baffling tactics, no one turned up for us we got what we deserved.

Chelsea? 400 million pounds worth of Wimbledon shite. Never seen so many punted balls to Drogba in my life and i've never seen such a diving performance from a player, he put Ronaldo to shame.

totally agree, now i finally see why all of you guys say lamps is overatted... that was incredibly boring and a shitty display of the beatiful game

ZZZZZZZZZZZ. After United & Milan's beautiful football the night before that was AWFUL. Sorry guys but I have said it all season, both Liverpool & Chelsea bore me to tears.

Few would argue with you diego, if i wasnt a liverpool fan i wouldnt bother watching either. Already stated my fear that they would be boring games once the draw was made and they havent dissapointed me.

Ok mate,long ball team as Wimbledon??Could you tell me if in the football rules or fifa book you MUST play in a certain way??
Chelsea fc is just a team who uses a different tactic(which works very well)whatever money spent ,you're not obliged to play the "so called" beautiful football,

oh and the diving,always the same excuse when you loose...

Typical English style really. A lot of teams do it. Everton, Blackburn, Bolton, Watford, Sheff Utd. BUT, with the players Chelsea have, you'd expect more. It's like watching blow football sometimes.

oh and the diving,always the same excuse when you loose...

The diving comment wasnt an excuse, actually was there an excuse in antred's post? Dont think so. He was just commenting on how chelsea are divers supreme. And no there is no rule to say how you have to play, but 300mil spent and the teams you can compare yourself with are everton/blackburn/bolton/etc. Its not that teams play that way, as those mentioned above have to to get results. Chelsea on the otherhand have a collection of top class players and they still play boring hoof it football. Even liverpool were more willing to "play" yesterday and they were the away team, a generally defensive away team nontheless.

Everytime we had the ball, Chelsea got every man back, at home. Worked though because they caught us out for the goal. But everytime cech or the back five had the ball for chelsea they just punted it as far as possible for drogba.

I feel sorry for crouch too , because he's gangly he gets free kicks called against him, yet Drogba was getting freekicks for falling over along with fathead cole, who incidentally squared up to zenden after zenden had a go at him and then realised that Zenden is a master black belt in karate :D

I felt so sorry for you guys, how many times does Joe Cole dive during a game? Its ridiculous! I dont think you deserved to lose that a draw for me was a fair result but as usual Chelsea get a bit of luck :)

Dj

I felt so sorry for you guys, how many times does Joe Cole dive during a game? Its ridiculous! I dont think you deserved to lose that a draw for me was a fair result but as usual Chelsea get a bit of luck :)

Dj

A draw??:roll: I don't think we watched the same game...Liverpool created only 1 chance with Gerrard shot while Chelsea could have scored one more goal and it would not have been unfair...but i see your point as liverpool controlled most of the game
And luck why?they didn't hit the posts or something else so ...

Everytime we had the ball, Chelsea got every man back, at home. Worked though because they caught us out for the goal. But everytime cech or the back five had the ball for chelsea they just punted it as far as possible for drogba.

I feel sorry for crouch too , because he's gangly he gets free kicks called against him, yet Drogba was getting freekicks for falling over along with fathead cole, who incidentally squared up to zenden after zenden had a go at him and then realised that Zenden is a master black belt in karate :D

Finally an explanation of why he was on the pitch!

Chelsea deserved the win, I think a few peeps in here are clutching at straws. Chelsea were shit though, Liverpool were just worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

i disagree, i thought liverpool played the more attacking football, czech had two wonderful saves, and kuyt had a few headers that could have gone differenlty, and it semmend in the first 30 minutes of the second half that the pool were going to score 3 goals... i think chelsea were lucky to get the goal... but i really thought they played the continental game, not an english one... usually english games are back and forth, up and down, this was pack it in the back and counter attack(chelsea), liverpool was attack attack with zendon on ferria... play it down the wings(spanish style perhaps)...

i disagree, i thought liverpool played the more attacking football, czech had two wonderful saves, and kuyt had a few headers that could have gone differenlty, and it semmend in the first 30 minutes of the second half that the pool were going to score 3 goals... i think chelsea were lucky to get the goal... but i really thought they played the continental game, not an english one... usually english games are back and forth, up and down, this was pack it in the back and counter attack(chelsea), liverpool was attack attack with zendon on ferria... play it down the wings(spanish style perhaps)...

I think someone more productive than zenden, i.e pennant, we might have got more out of the game because zenden had loads of the ball but no end product.

i think that if ya play gerrard in the centre with pennant and crouch starting you will take them next week, anfield is a totally different atmosphere to stamford bridge, especially on champs league nights

Hopefully bolton can break a few chelsea legs this saturday. As atm i think chelsea are definitly favourites to go through with how they can "not play".

Chelsea are the favourites now. We needed a goal, end of story.

I can't see us getting two without reply to be honest. And Chelsea will get us on the counter as we desperately try to push forward. Hoepfully Benitez plays Pennant though, he seems to be our main attacking threat at the moment.

I can see a Benfica all over again :(

Last edited:

Chelsea to go through, sorry boys. Chelsea are amazing at defending and nicking goals from corners/free kicks.

Also in their favour is the fact that only two teams ever have come back to win the tie after losing the first leg (Ajax & Juve are the only teams, I think). Anfield will have to be a cauldron of hostility to see us through, I can also see a another Benfica happening we'll batter them in the first 20 minutes then end up getting hit on the counter.

well done youthful redmen. nice to see us attacking and taking the game to the opposition.

Back
Top Bottom