Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

quoting yourself in your signature now El Diego?

Oh dear.

But your right, I can't remember the last time we played mouthwatering football.

i think the problem is, benitez has a rigid formation he loves to play, the 4-5-1, which he used at Valencia. When Valencia playe dthat system at Anfield and the Mestalla when he was in charge they bloody destroyed us with some of the most effective attacking football and defensive football i've ever seen.

He likes his teams to attack, with possibly 4 from the five in midfield joining the attack to support the lone striker, and then when they havent got the ball to drop back into a defensive 4-5-1 situation.

If you watch us the formation works to a degree, we have a high number of clean sheets and we defend really well in most cases. unfortunately we dont score half as much as we should although in some games we've created quite a few clear cut chances and havent taken them.

I can only conclude that Benitez hasnt got the right perssonell in attack. Whereas at Valencia he had the likes of Aimar, Carew, Mista, Vicente, Baraja and Albelda and they worked really well, you can only say out of our players, probably, Mascherano, Gerrard, Alonso and maybe Crouch? The wingers have shown not to be good enough which is a big part of the way the old Valencia played.

We'll see now that he has cash if he can get the right personnel, rather than going for some cut price third listers.

Another stroll in the park...............CL is pretty much guarenteed for liverpool and arsenal now that both everton and bolton lost. With chelsea having to go up to newcastle tommorow and the game being on tuesday will work in liverpool's favour hopefully. Less rest for them. Hopefully newcaslte will give them a good game and make them work :D

Just seen the match is wednesday, oh well. More rest for both teams then.

Last edited:

I agree, Kuyt is quality but he doesn't do it enough - I reckon it's because he is still settling in. Ruud took a season to errupt at United.

Apparantly L'pool are after this guy:

_87288_john_fashanu_wimbledon150.jpg

Anyone know if he is any good?

Didn't he commit suicide because of the taunts he recieved?

Oh you guys are ruining my ignore list's only entry :(

I hope AC Milan draw / win tonight, I want to have an exact repeat of the 2005 campaign :P Then we'll show what we're made of .. the only problem is that Milan has a better prepared Kaka and Gilardino and Inzaghi to deal with.

Lol all due respect but chelsea v`s Liverpool dont really matter! Both wastin there time , Manchester united are by far the best club side in the world at the moment as tonight showed with a very weakened team (defence) dont matter who wins this

MANCHESTER UNITED = european champions :applause:

I hope AC Milan draw / win tonight

:lmao: Unlucky Kopshite!

This made me laugh:

"JOSE MOURINHO last night taunted Rafa Benitez by claiming Chelsea would have sacked him if he had won as few trophies as the Kop boss." :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: Unlucky Kopshite!

This made me laugh:

"JOSE MOURINHO last night taunted Rafa Benitez by claiming Chelsea would have sacked him if he had won as few trophies as the Kop boss." :lol:

Jose Mourinho is possibly the biggest tosser in world football. he's won 4 trophies since being at chelsea, two titles and two carling cups. Benitez has won 2, an Fa cup and european cup on a fraction of the budget.

Mourihno would struggle and be sacked because he needs ££££'s to get results, hence his whinging when he had Terry out.

Jose Mourinho is possibly the biggest tosser in world football. he's won 4 trophies since being at chelsea, two titles and two carling cups. Benitez has won 2, an Fa cup and european cup on a fraction of the budget.

Mourihno would struggle and be sacked because he needs ££££'s to get results, hence his whinging when he had Terry out.

I totally agree! He is still funny though and fresh for the game. I will miss him if he goes to Spain.

The spat between Mourinho and Benitez has reminded me why Chelsea under the special one are exactly what on ewould expect - a new money team. They have nice flashy cars, lots of bling but absolutely no class. His comments about pool playing 3/4 games this season, trying to get Drogba suspended (i loved Bentize - maybe that is how Jose thinks - so true!) and other such excuses...he's just such a whiny, arrogant, snide and hateable bastard. Going to love watching him come up with excuses after the match...

Do it for teh good of football boys!

I totally agree! He is still funny though and fresh for the game. I will miss him if he goes to Spain.

was gonna say, anyone who can win a european cup with traore, biscan, mellor, smicer and dudek in the lineup must be good!!!!!!

:)

i used to think mourihno was fresh but as beachryan said he's a bit childish. Even SAF isnt in his league when it comes to moaning!

was gonna say, anyone who can win a european cup with traore, biscan, mellor, smicer and dudek in the lineup must be good!!!!!!
Don't forget Pongolle (he may not have actually played in the final, but in the games leading up to it, most importantly Olympiakos). :)

Where is he now?

Don't forget Pongolle (he may not have actually played in the final, but in the games leading up to it, most importantly Olympiakos). :)

Where is he now?

Apparantly he works for Greggs the bakers.

:)

i used to think mourihno was fresh but as beachryan said he's a bit childish. Even SAF isnt in his league when it comes to moaning!

Yeah I remember Biscan playing well in CL while he sucked at EPL .. Traore was also quite good most of the time in CL as well.

Back
Top Bottom