Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Good luck Scousers - I can't wait for the semi between you and Chelski; then the MIND games will return!

I hate playing Chelksi, we just play them so often it gets boring.

Anyway, we're not there yet, we still have a job to do. I can see PSV sneaking a goal, and then we might panic.

Anyway, we're not there yet, we still have a job to do. I can see PSV sneaking a goal, and then we might panic.

Under houillier i would expect it, but benitez seems to be too precise for that to happen (atleast in mental preperation). Hopefully liverpool will get an early goal to really finish the tie off.

Comfortable win. Good to see Crouch scoring again .. yes Fowler's really out of shape. Wished he scored today ..

and you base that on one poor performance against Arsenal in which he also created 2 goals?

Nope, seen him a few games this season (mostly pre) and he looked poor in every game. He's young so can get better, but you can tell the difference between him and agger atm.

Tough semi coming up. I think we have just as good a squad as Chelsea, we just need to perform. I see the mind games have started already, hopefully Raf will try and not get too far involved, thats what Mourihno wants.

Glad we're away first. Most of the times weve lost to chelsea has been by them scoring on the counter. With not having to do anything away but defend it could be a very boring game as i wouldnt expect chelsea to attack either. Could go to penalties.

Not really, how boring is that gonna be again. Hated the other ones in 2005 aswell. Although aslong as liverpool win i wont mind ;)

I didnt mean for the entertainment, both teams play a similar style and are pretty boring to watch at times...

its just better than a chelsea psv semi....

Well yeah, the hype, atmosphere and tension will be amazing for the fans of each club. And outsiders will be treated to a "competitive" match with a lot at stake. Its just that they are horrible games to watch, both as a neutral and as a supporter. Neutral is obvious, defensive footie on show, and for the supporter its nerve racking, knowing a single mistake/chance/deflected lampard special could finish the tie.

Well yeah, the hype, atmosphere and tension will be amazing for the fans of each club. And outsiders will be treated to a "competitive" match with a lot at stake. Its just that they are horrible games to watch, both as a neutral and as a supporter. Neutral is obvious, defensive footie on show, and for the supporter its nerve racking, knowing a single mistake/chance/deflected lampard special could finish the tie.

this is exactly why I could not stand a United lfc final...

this is exactly why I could not stand a United lfc final...

i dont want an all english final. and not for the football reasons. Can you imagine in the days leading up to the final, 40, 50 thousand Mancs and 40/50 thousand scousers all in bars out and about around the city and alcohol? Its a volatile mix, and something i hope we wont see.

This sounds a strange thing to say but i'd rather us go out than meet United in the final, it will be murder.

i dont want an all english final. and not for the football reasons. Can you imagine in the days leading up to the final, 40, 50 thousand Mancs and 40/50 thousand scousers all in bars out and about around the city and alcohol? Its a volatile mix, and something i hope we wont see.

This sounds a strange thing to say but i'd rather us go out than meet United in the final, it will be murder.

lol I nearly typed that myself, but couldnt do it...

ya right tho, it could literally be murder, it would not be good for The Prem, the fans would be making the same journey, you only have to look at the league cup final a few years back, they we're fighting on the way!! ridiculous...

saying that Milan Juve played a CL final with no trouble, the ultras met in italy and agreed to forget all that bullshit and enjoy it, so theres hope...

celticrtk2ax4.jpg

celticrtkyu5.jpg

:)

FD

Personally my preference would be for utd to go out ;)

ya right tho, it could literally be murder, it would not be good for The Prem, the fans would be making the same journey, you only have to look at the league cup final a few years back, they we're fighting on the way!! ridiculous...

And thats in england with good/experienced policing. The greek government has stopped competitive team sports for the rest of the season because a fan was killed recently during a volleyball match. In other words they cant control their own "fans". So what could happen is uneducated policing between two of the biggest rivals in football, in one of the most important matches, with the great english tradition of getting pissed abroad. Hmmmmm............lets hope for a 2005 repeat then!

Personally my preference would be for utd to go out ;)

And thats in england with good/experienced policing. The greek government has stopped competitive team sports for the rest of the season because a fan was killed recently during a volleyball match. In other words they cant control their own "fans". So what could happen is uneducated policing between two of the biggest rivals in football, in one of the most important matches, with the great english tradition of getting pissed abroad. Hmmmmm............lets hope for a 2005 repeat then!

exactly...

but as lfc and Milan have won it so many times we'll take a United chelski final...

You can just see the media whipping up a storm hoping for a mass brawl. Just wait for all the 'Neville said Gerrard is a girl, etc' if it's a Utd vs Pool final.

You can just see the media whipping up a storm hoping for a mass brawl. Just wait for all the 'Neville said Gerrard is a girl, etc' if it's a Utd vs Pool final.

...And rumors that chuckle shags his ma', shrek shags his grandma' etc.

Seriously though as sick as it may sound what are the odds that someone gets killed? Utd vs 'Pool European final is the worst case scenario, Athens will not be able to handle the carnage before and after the game so I'm sure that your all in agreement that for everyones best interest we'd want an LFC vs ACM final. ;)

Whats more worrying is that it could end up causing a english football european ban if someone does get killed. Manu have already had problems this year (whether they were responsible or not isnt the point), tottenham aswell. Imagine a final with something bad happening.

Whats more worrying is that it could end up causing a english football european ban if someone does get killed. Manu have already had problems this year (whether they were responsible or not isnt the point), tottenham aswell. Imagine a final with something bad happening.

last time lfc won the Champs League one of their supporters killed someone, but aslong as there is no trouble in the stadium itself uefa have no power....

I really cant see us beating milan over the the two legs anyway so lets not get ahead of ourselves...

last time lfc won the Champs League one of their supporters killed someone

take it you're refering to the michael shields incident?

he didn't kill anyone, the guy who was attacked survived but was severly injured, it also happened in bulgaria 3 or 4 days after the final and is fuck all to do with liverpool supporters behaviour in instanbul

REAL RUBBISH RAFA`S CLAIMS
Posted 18/04/07 15:33EmailPrintSave

Real Madrid have denied Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez's claims they made him an offer to become their new coach.

It has long been thought that Real wanted Benitez to replace Fabio Capello in the summer, with sources close to the Spaniard insisting he was their first choice before they turned their attention to Chelsea's Jose Mourinho.

And as Benitez prepared his side for the clash with Middlesbrough, he suggested he had rejected a huge offer.

He said: "I said no to Real when they offered me more money than I get here, even though there maybe were greater expectations.

"Madrid may be my town, but I am happy here and pleased with everything. We want to stay because of the new ideas and the new owners are very exciting."

However Real have now issued a statement denying Benitez's claims.

It read: "In regard to the statements attributed to current Liverpool coach Rafael Benítez...Real Madrid wish to deny any negotiations with said professional, or any other, concerning his possible incorporation to the Club next season.

"Real Madrid, as reiterated by the President and Board Directors, are counting on prestigious coach Fabio Capello, who still has two years remaining on his three-year contract."

Real are a joke, and its no wonder top players and managers are choosing not to go, C.Ronaldo and now Benitez. And now they are saying benitez made it up?! Idiots. Does anybody remember Benitez saying spurs had offered defoe in exchange for cisse? With spurs coming out saying its a lie and they would be talking to their legal team. What happend with that? Im guessing Benitez was telling the truth and they[spurs] bottled it. And with that im guessing Real are lying to save face whent hey try to get mourinho to come over. Lets hope they manage it!

there 2 side to every story...whether it`s farce or not. The best way to handle this is keep the mouth shut and just smile. It`s better to be respected than right. we`re in 3rd :)

Poor game again, and the 4th official was taking the p!$$ when adding 2 minutes of injurytime. 90 was more then enough to put up with.

Is anybody else pleased that we are playing poorly, not getting out of 1st gear? I know i am, as it usually means that when the big games come up we will be that much better, instead of what has happend in the past of being in form, playing better and still losing the big games. I'm starting to think that the rest liverpool are getting atm vs the full tempo play that chelsea are playing (as they have to, to keep up) will help us in the semi's. I can see it being 0-0 after 180min and hopefully the extra fitness being the decider in extra time. Oh well, another boring game to go on saturday and then its the big one!

Liverpool are winning though, that is the main thing. Alright, you might not be playing the gorgeous champagne football that United are but when was the last time you did play spectacular footy? I can't remember! ;)

quoting yourself in your signature now El Diego?

Oh dear.

But your right, I can't remember the last time we played mouthwatering football.

Back
Top Bottom