Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Oke marakomu, here's my situation (im not bothered which im labeled with, just curious)

Dad's from liverpool ( was seasonticketholder when younger, now lives abroad, went to instanbul (and has the pics to prove it as apparently the whole of the red half of lievrpool were there:lol: ) and gone to the game tonight in eindhoven (only 1,5h away from here). Because of him im a liverpool supporter/fan due to upbringing, have been to a few home games over the years (even managed a derby match, although we lost it 2-1 with kanchelskis scoring 2 if i remember correctly) but mostly watch matches on the tv, as i dont have the time to go travelling about like my dad does. Am i a fan or supporter?

Last edited:

Why is it bullshit? A supporter usually supports the club, i.e helps the club financially. A supporter can also be a devoted follower but in most cases this kind of person would be called a fan. I was just highlighting the difference.

So whats a music lover of a certain band? Surely the common term is a fan? Yet they buy the albums, same as fans/supporters buying shirts/merchendise. By your reasoning anyone who "financially" supports a club is a supporter, meaning they dont have to go anywhere near the actual club, dont need to even watch them on the tv, just buy a shirt and a mousemat with the emblem from an official shop/dealer and they are a supporter.

Which would make a fan somebody who only says they are a fan/supporter but dont watch matches on tv(indirectly financially supporting the club), doesnt buy club merchandise, etc. Only says it to be "cool" or whatever. That would be the definition of "fan" by your reasoning. Meaning we are pretty much all supporters in here.

Last edited:

Good week for crouch, amusing to see kuty deliberately getting a yellow and then laughing about it with gerrard. He was doing ti to get a suspention out of the way as he was on a yellow before the match :D

Im glad Aurellio is out for the rest of the season. He is crap!

Good performance tonight, boring, but it did the job.

My word, PSV are shit! That, my friends, was Dutch football.

Its a shame about PSV actually, under koeman (like benfica last season) they play from defense. Under hiddink they played to win and attack and were really good. Dont think the team is terribly different, in terms of players, from then either.

I agree tiktiktik - PSV have some great players but they play in negative way!

Im glad Aurellio is out for the rest of the season. He is crap!

Disagree with this, he was lightweight at the start of the season but the last couple of games he was showing his quality. And he was giving riise a decent run for the left back position. Also his crossing is excellent which helps with crouch in the team.

Aurelio has been very impressive recently. An awesome cross, good passing and very comftable on the ball. I just don't like him at Left back, as he can't defend.

Yes, and therefore the Champions League is shite as teams such as PSV have gotten through to the Quarters ;)

But yea, they were disappointing...it didn't look like they were playing at home :shock:
DECIMATED by injuries will do that... imagine to have to play mashernao or alonso at center back... thats whay happend with timmons..

Do you guys enjoy watching Liverpool play i.e. the style of their football?

Not really, if i wasnt a fan i wouldnt bother with most of the games, but then i wouldnt with most teams. The only gmes i ever watch that arent liverpool are usually the sunday afternoon games and then only if they involve the big 4. Watch chelsea in the hope they lose, watch arsenal for henry and the youth players/style. And manu im not that bothered about either tbh, they usually have some periods/glimpses were they look awesome with giggs/scholes/rooney/ronaldo. But that doesnt usually last for a whole match. And i watch these games because there is usually nothing else anyway.

PS

We have ALL prem games live over here in NL with a digital subscription. Have 8 digital channels just for the footie(so on a saturday you can skip through all the channels and watch every match. Which means i can be picky with what i watch.

Last edited:

Get in, arsenal lose liverpool win.

Seems liverpool have changed around the past few weeks, instead of making loads of chances and missing them we are putting most of them away now, with only 2 shots on goal against reading both ending up in the back of the net.

Arsenal on the otherhand really need to start scoring as bolton and everton are in form and closing. Bolton now only 2 points behind arse, with arsenal having a game in hand. But how they are playing atm its not worth much.

a good weekend so far with regards to results.

Chelsea closed the gap on United (I don't want United to win, and I want a title race that goes right to the final day)

Arsenal lost, and West Ham are slowly climbing to safety (have a soft spot for them)

United are loosing at Pompey as I speak/

An awesome result today, wasn't that good of a performance, but with the Midweek exploits, and a changed starting lineup, the boys did the job. Nice to see Kuyt back on the scoresheet. He's now scored 3 against Reading.

a good weekend so far with regards to results.

Chelsea closed the gap on United (I don't want United to win, and I want a title race that goes right to the final day)

Arsenal lost, and West Ham are slowly climbing to safety (have a soft spot for them)

United are loosing at Pompey as I speak/

An awesome result today, wasn't that good of a performance, but with the Midweek exploits, and a changed starting lineup, the boys did the job. Nice to see Kuyt back on the scoresheet. He's now scored 3 against Reading.

But you're still 3rd! :lol:

Still too little too late for Liverpool - you do this every season. I bet you'll start next season the same way - win, win, lose, lose, win, draw, win, lose, lose, lose. :lol:

Guys, do what I do. Put the cunt on your ignore list.

Well whats he supposed to do? Manu lose and chelsea are gaining........lets have a dig at liverpool to deflect attention.

Ill reserve my comment when, hopefully, chelsea beat them to the wire.

LOL, El diego has serious problems in life, leave him to it.

How good was Arbeloas finish! :lol:

el diego again huh?

he cant even give a decent answer to why he thinks our style of foootball is bad. Its because of course man u play the most attractive football in the world as witnessed at Anfield when they relied on a poxy goal rather than actually try and play us off the pitch with their wonderful brand of football.

Back
Top Bottom