Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Again, the 'title contenders' only manage 1 point between the both of them against average sides where the TRUE quality, again, comes from United & Chelsea. Same old Liverpool, you just don't know what to expect.

Im putting it down to awful weather. It was really windy.

It was quite possibly the worst game of football I've seen in a long time.

I won't give any excuses....I don't know if it was Rafa's tactics
or the players just not too bothered about the Prem now that
we're just playing out the season in the top 4.

Or was it because we were playing Villa after the heights of
Barcelona....

Either way, we need the hunger and spark that Man United
have shown this season in the League.
Next season has to be different for us....Rafa is in a catch-22
position, does he make few signings and not disrupt the team
in the early part of the season which will prevent us
from dropping the points....
we always have a good run in the 2nd half of the season...
But at the same time we need a top goalscorer and a winger.
If we blood them in too early we could risk the slow start
that has scuppered our Title runs in the last 2 seasons.

I won't give any excuses....I don't know if it was Rafa's tactics
or the players just not too bothered about the Prem now that
we're just playing out the season in the top 4.

Or was it because we were playing Villa after the heights of
Barcelona....

Either way, we need the hunger and spark that Man United
have shown this season in the League.
Next season has to be different for us....Rafa is in a catch-22
position, does he make few signings and not disrupt the team
in the early part of the season which will prevent us
from dropping the points....
we always have a good run in the 2nd half of the season...
But at the same time we need a top goalscorer and a winger.
If we blood them in too early we could risk the slow start
that has scuppered our Title runs in the last 2 seasons.

nah we just need a goldenboy like ronaldo. someone with skill. someone with pace. someone with a canny knack of diving. someone everyone wants to kill.

Again, the 'title contenders' only manage 1 point between the both of them against average sides where the TRUE quality, again, comes from United & Chelsea. Same old Liverpool, you just don't know what to expect.

True quality eh? Lets open a can of worms here for the old born in 1991 ninjabreakzzzz.

I admit we aint good enough at the mo.

But true quality? take Ronaldo out of your team boy and you'd struggle big time. BIG TIME. He's dragged you kicking and screaming through a large portion of this season, and when it hasnt been clicking he's popped up with a dive or a ricochet to get you going.

Sure you've played well at times, but so have we. So have Arsenal, so have Chelsea, hell so have Reading. The difference is having a player like Ronaldo on form, chipping in with an extraordinary amount of goals from the wing and assists.

So dont give it all bigtime this and that son, go and play your uefa champions league and be a nice boy for your mum.

Showin my age deffo :)

Yeah, showing that you are a pathetic 40 year old gimp with tinted specs that you cannot remove for five minutes, who probably still lives with his mum and thinks that Liverpool quilt covers are cool. Son.

Oh yeah:

United #1.

Yeah, showing that you are a pathetic 40 year old gimp with tinted specs that you cannot remove for five minutes, who probably still lives with his mum and thinks that Liverpool quilt covers are cool. Son.

Oh yeah:

United #1.

is that the united you support currently? your team of the moment? can you name the men in your avatar?

heh heh:lmao:

Anyway, seems the PSV tie is getting better and better .. first Alex, and now Reiziger is out for the season.

is that the united you support currently? your team of the moment? can you name the men in your avatar?

heh heh:lmao:

Oh it's not the old "I have supported my club longer than you have supported yours" routine.

You'll be on about Istanbul in a minute. :lol:

Oh it's not the old "I have supported my club longer than you have supported yours" routine.

You'll be on about Istanbul in a minute. :lol:

no mate it was more about you fluctuating between winning teams of the moment.

Istanbul? yeah it was a great night.

Mate the ninja has only ever supported one club! He had to use a disguise in here, remember? What is mummy cooking tonight? Sour grapes on toast followed by a pint of bitter lemon?

Hahahahahahaha!

United#1

Mate the ninja has only ever supported one club! He had to use a disguise in here, remember? What is mummy cooking tonight? Sour grapes on toast followed by a pint of bitter lemon?

Hahahahahahaha!

United#1

the ninja.....:lmao:

To be fair, everybody did used to drone on about how Liverpool were a one man team didnt they?

Is this not the same case with Ronaldo?

Rooney hasnt been as good as expected this season, and the rest of your team isnt exactly spectacular!

I think Liverpool have finally got rid of relying on one man to win games for them.

Now we just need to learn that a team wins the game, and we will be fine :lol:

Scholes, Giggs, Rooney in places and Evra have all played some SUPERB matches this season. Take your Anfield-glasses off for a minute FFS!

Yes, superb matches but overall are not THAT good :) Ronaldo's the one being dragging you lot for most of the season, he's really that good and consistent :( Wish he's a Red ... but then he's not Spanish so no chance hehehe.

Scholes and Ronaldo have been the difference betweeen and average season and a very good one.

Mind you Chelsea without Drogba's form would be struggling to get into Europe.

Scholes and Ronaldo have been the difference betweeen and average season and a very good one.

Mind you Chelsea without Drogba's form would be struggling to get into Europe.

yeah but to be fair to chelsea, they have had terry missing for long periods and they deffo miss Joe cole. add to that the lack of form from ballack and shevchenko and chelsea are doing well to keep the title fight going.

I honestly thought united were the weaker squad going into this season, i've never rated Carrick and Ronaldo has been hot and cold for them in previous seasons. Apart from some terrible refereeing that has gifted united a breakthrough when they've needed it you have to doff your hat at them for their consistency. Fergusons a horrible man but he knows how to manage a team.

Arsenal play too fancy and cant graft out victories at sides they are expected to beat and we just havent got a striker too convert all those opportunities we've wasted game to game this season.

If we all sort out our problems is could deffo be a four way thing next year.

Hahahaha check out Antred STILL obsessing about the #1 team! Liverpool reckon they are gonna be title challengers EVERY year and the same thing happens every season: You win, win, lose, lose, draw, lose, win, win, win, win, win, lose, lose, lose, draw etc. Liverpool are MEDIOCRE as we proved this season at Anfield: We played shite but still WON.

As for one-man teams, I REALLY couldn't name a star at L'pool apart from Steve Gerrard. Kuyt - Average. Bellamy - Should be at a club like Fulham. Crouch - Should be at a club like Wolves. Kewell - Should just give up. Fowler - Fat & Old. The Spaniards - No physical presence, really don't suit the Premiership. Reina - Average. The back-four - only Carragher shines for me but he has as much skill as John Hartson (i.e. NONE).

Keep holding on to your history because that's the only positive the Kop-shite can cling on to at the moment. The fact is that it really hurts L'pool fans that United hover around the top 3 year-in, year-out where as your title hopes usually vanish by Christmas! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hahahaha check out Antred STILL obsessing about the #1 team! Liverpool reckon they are gonna be title challengers EVERY year and the same thing happens every season: You win, win, lose, lose, draw, lose, win, win, win, win, win, lose, lose, lose, draw etc. Liverpool are MEDIOCRE as we proved this season at Anfield: We played shite but still WON.

As for one-man teams, I REALLY couldn't name a star at L'pool apart from Steve Gerrard. Kuyt - Average. Bellamy - Should be at a club like Fulham. Crouch - Should be at a club like Wolves. Kewell - Should just give up. Fowler - Fat & Old. The Spaniards - No physical presence, really don't suit the Premiership. Reina - Average. The back-four - only Carragher shines for me but he has as much skill as John Hartson (i.e. NONE).

Keep holding on to your history because that's the only positive the Kop-shite can cling on to at the moment. The fact is that it really hurts L'pool fans that United hover around the top 3 year-in, year-out where as your title hopes usually vanish by Christmas! :lol:

As usual el diego and his 'expansive' knowledge of football and reasoned debate comes to the fore yet again, no wonder no one takes you seriously!

funny though, that pile of average shite made your lot look distinctly average the other week until your saviour rode up and saved your little arses again. (and im talking about lady luck NOT Ronaldo)

You were both on wrong counts, it was John O'Shea! :lol:

So now you lot are wadded, who do you want to buy?
Do you think it will be easy to lure players to Liverpool, because United have always had a problem doing that and only Veron and Barthez were rated as world class when we bought them. (except the English players, but they're always hyped anyway).
It's much easier for Chelsea to get the top stars because they're in London.

I would really like a true Playmaker / Winger like Simao or whoever's good in the wing these days. Garcia is doing great until his untimely injury.

So now you lot are wadded, who do you want to buy?
Do you think it will be easy to lure players to Liverpool, because United have always had a problem doing that and only Veron and Barthez were rated as world class when we bought them. (except the English players, but they're always hyped anyway).
It's much easier for Chelsea to get the top stars because they're in London.

I think its gonna be harder than most people think. I also think Rafa will be out on his ear if we dont mount a serious challenge next year. Its going to be a crucial number of months ahead.

Im a bit wary of being taken over but thats the nature of todays game and it was inevitable, i just hope we make full advantage of it and that goes for the players. theres a definite lack of winning mentality throughout our side which can be hard to bear.

I always wondered about players like O'Shea and Flrtcher and even P. Neville. We got rid of players that were more skillful but I think think Ferguson values attitude more. That's what you need and I'm not sure that Bellamy and Pennant are going to be good for you lot in the future. Too unpredictable maybe and never out of the gossip columns. I can see Richardson leaving us in the future for a similar reason.

Back
Top Bottom