Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Slightly nervy last 15 minutes but we fucking beat em

Again liverpool failing to score from numerous chances cost us the match, luckily we had the away result. But it needs to be sorted though. Game should have been over at ht.

I have to stop getting emotional at the end of Liverpool's champions league games - tears of joy and relief tonight. Feels like 2005! Liverpool were a lot better tactically, should have won, but we really do have to become more clinical on goal. Still, sod that, it kept me on the edge of my seat right until the final whistle. Good luck all British clubs tomorrow.

It could of been so comfortable, but we are Liverpool, we do not know the meaning of the word.

We are so close to being the finished product. A world class winger and a world class goal machine. With the takeover and the new stadium, I'm confident we can secure the services of the missing links.

Again liverpool failing to score from numerous chances cost us the match, luckily we had the away result. But it needs to be sorted though. Game should have been over at ht.

Agree.....we're 1 or 2 strikers away from making that step
up to genuine title contenders....
Our next signing up front really has to click, it has
to be someone who is a 20 goal a season striker....
We cant keep relying on Gerrard, Riise to score.
Kuyt is the best we have now...
Crouch is a bit inconsistent, and so is Bellamy...
both are not big goalscorers.

Absoloutely amazing night.

Tears were flowing at the beginning while we sung YNWA, especially after me and my mates visited the Hillsboro shrine.

The barca fans were outstanding, we sang with them and during the game non stop. Then at the end we hung around by their support in the ground for 15-20 minutes, they chanted our songs and we chanted theres. We also chucked scarfs at each other. It was a truly, utterly brilliant night.

Agree.....we're 1 or 2 strikers away from making that step
up to genuine title contenders....
We cant keep relying on Gerrard, Riise to score.
Kuyt is the best we have now...
Crouch is a bit inconsistent, and so is Bellamy...
both are not big goalscorers.

I don't think Crouch is inconsistent, it's because Rafa's playing Bellamy and Kuyt now so he's only getting minimal minutes in the second half. He's our leading scorer, so he's not bad.

To be honest, I can't really celebrate tonight because the way we won it. We didn't play well at the end, and boy the 15 nail-biting minutes I endured .. my father didn't even cared to watch after Gud's goal because he felt the 2nd is coming very soon (ALMOST, but not quite!)

Well done Liverpool, you were clearly the better team in both legs. I would start to worry about your finishing though . . .

Good work boys! Great first half performance, Riise certainly can strike a ball...time for a forward move ;)

To be honest, I can't really celebrate tonight because the way we won it. We didn't play well at the end, (ALMOST, but not quite!)

I thought we played well through out the whole match
sure we kind of ran out of steam, but we still had
chances when Barca scored.

It looks like Barca has adopted this galactico attitude...

And that's why we've signed Voronin...

To be honest, I can't really celebrate tonight because the way we won it. We didn't play well at the end, and boy the 15 nail-biting minutes I endured .. my father didn't even cared to watch after Gud's goal because he felt the 2nd is coming very soon (ALMOST, but not quite!)

mate we did all we could in the end. Momo, Finnan, Riise where all cream crackered at the end but we got through. If we'd have put the ball in the oinion bag on the numerous occasions we had there would have been no need for panic at the end.

But thats all we lack, a creative midfielder and a clinical finisher and we are all set i reckon. Everything else in the side is sound, solid defence, great midfield and strong options, varying attack but no finisher. We also miss kewell.

Voronin will be a squad player, for sure ;)

I think we will bring in another striker. I can see Kuyt scoring more regularly next season.

Last edited:

Yea antred, just gloomy about having lost the greatest european game yet we still won in away goals :(

Anyway, looking at Arsenal's Schedule
Wed 3/14 A- Aston Villa 19:45 UK Premiership
Sun 3/18 A- Everton 16:00 UK Premiership
Sat 3/31 A- Liverpool 12:45 UK Premiership

Heh I hope they drop some points now that Henry's out for 3 weeks.

Rafa never plays with prolific strikers, as his record with
Valencia shows.

But I think even he is realising that we do need atleast
one world-class 20+ goals a season finisher.

Regarding the draw, this is one of the most open CLs in a while,
with a few favorites out.
I think this is a great chance for an English club to win it.

Looking at the opponents:

- Bayern : good in attack, but shaky at the back and not really
the force they were in 1999-2001.

- AC Milan: a shadow of their old team. Kaka is the danger man
but they do miss Sheva.

- Roma: good in Serie A, could be dark horses. One to avoid.

- Valencia: good team, could be dark horses. But Rafa will know
a lot about them.

- PSV: Probably the weakest, but not to be underestimated.
Ronald Koeman's teams are dangerous as Benfica showed us.

Looking at these teams, this is probably the best chance
for an English team to win it especially if they manage
to be avoid each other till the semis.

Good draw for liverpool, i just hope valencia do chelsea for the semi, providing liverpool beat PSV. If we do get through i think benitez. and liverpool would have a better chance against valencia, with the obvious history from benitez. And even if we do go out at the semi stage i would rather it be valencia then chelsea.

There are no easy games at this stage in the tournament. Its gonna be interesting but having the first leg away has gotta help

PSV will be no push over. PSV probably could of won the game against us in Eindhoven, but we did comfortably beat them at Anfield. But this is the knock-out-stage and things are different.

I was hoping that Chelsea and United would draw each other :D

There are no easy games at this stage in the tournament. Its gonna be interesting but having the first leg away has gotta help

I'm never too sure about that. If you don't do well in the first leg, you're shitting it in case they score at yours and get the away goal. Plus in the 2nd leg, you know what's needed to go through, so if you're losing you can just go for it.

Back
Top Bottom