Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

C'mon lads, we need some pics in here.
n506452918_27286_8970.jpg

Look at the love they have for each other. Its so beautiful.

The love that says "fuck me we got out of jail these last couple of weeks. How long can it last!"

I think somewhere in between our victory lies a few tactical mistakes by Rafa Benitez.In my opinion,he shouldnt have taken off Bellamy, who ran Vidic ragged.I told my scouse friend that if Gerrard was played out of position,he wouldnt turn up against us.I was right,where was Stevie G? Captains cant go missing in big games like today.One more horrible mistake was changing the formation to accomodate Crouch by bringing in two crossing midfielders,Pennant and Aurelio.As expected,Rio and Vidic ate crosses for breakfast everyday.Should have showed faith in Kuyt and Bellamy and you lot might get a result.Just my two cents.

Last edited:

The bellamy sub was a mistake too, he was brilliant yesterday. Aurellio was inaffective, and yes Crouch needs an operation after this, so his nose wasn't right, hence he unconsiously didn't want to use his head too hard. That's why he chested the ball, giving VDS enough time to gather himself.

I think somewhere in between our victory lies a few tactical mistakes by Rafa Benitez.In my opinion,he shouldnt have taken off Bellamy, who ran Vidic ragged.I told my scouse friend that if Gerrard was played out of position,he wouldnt turn up against us.I was right,where was Stevie G? Captains cant go missing in big games like today.One more horrible mistake was changing the formation to accomodate Crouch by bringing in two crossing midfielders,Pennant and Aurelio.As expected,Rio and Vidic ate crosses for breakfast everyday.Should have showed faith in Kuyt and Bellamy and you lot might get a result.Just my two cents.

I agree partially...

I think the Bellamy sub could have been with Barcelona in
mind....

But playing Gerrard on the right IMO was a defensive move....
because it involves Sissoko and Alonso in the middle
to nullify the opponent's threat.

We still need a more cutting edge from our strikers and down
the wings....hopefully this summer we can nail a world class
finisher and a winger that is more threatening..
IMO Pennant, Gonzalez are backup players...

I think Gonzalez has more upside than Pennant. To be fair, yesterday Pennant didn't get that much time to get into his game. With Barcelona coming up .. I dunno what to think. Worse time to get a FIRST defeat in Anfield ..

I think you will beat Barca 2-0, im a man utd fan but we were lucky yesterday, you outplayed us but we took our chances and bellamy was offside despite what ive read on these forums,we should of had a peno too, i hope liverpool get 2nd place, it will be tough but good luck

Liverpool will cruise against Barca. Now I have come down from our 1-0 victory I have to admit we just sat back for large spells of the match and yes, it was harsh on L'pool not even gaining a point. The thing with Liverpool in my opinion is the finishing - you can't rely on (un my opinion) strikers that would be more suited to clubs like Portsmouth or Fulham (yes, I'm talking about Bellamy and Crouch). The defence looks good, the midfield is awesome but the front-two just won't cut it week-in, week-out in Englands premier division.

You lot will outplay Barca if you stick to the 1st half gameplan of when you played us.You beat Juventus at this stage when you won it and they are the better team that time than Barca this year.Barca will come to attack thats for sure and defensively you lot are solid.Just scrape it through,mind you.

good to hear your positive comments...yeah may be 2nd place is our realistic target now..last year at the 3rd, this year 2nd ..not bad at all rite...:) ..really hope we'll get more class player next season...my b this year is yours..next season will b ours..hehehehe still hurt tho at the defeat..;)

Positive comments from my head, but my heart wants Barcelona to win. How will we ever match your 5 times if you keep on winning it ;)

good to hear your positive comments...yeah may be 2nd place is our realistic target now..last year at the 3rd, this year 2nd ..not bad at all rite...:) ..really hope we'll get more class player next season...my b this year is yours..next season will b ours..hehehehe still hurt tho at the defeat..;)

Heh? 2nd Place a realistic Target? I would be very happy if we regain the 3rd spot this season because chasing Chelsea would be a very big task, nearly impossible.

I hope they let go Fowler and either Sissoko / Alonso 'cause if they start both and putting Gerrard in the right, IMHO it would really set them back a few years :(

Yes, both are different in their strenghts but they basically do a similar job in anchoring the midfield. I would like to keep them all but can't make them ALL happy right?

Options in Center Midfield: Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Macherano, Zenden (not really CM), Guthrie (Loaned but good future). Too many I think.

Being complemented by the mancs? :-k Now I've seen it all :)

Options in Center Midfield: Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Macherano, Zenden (not really CM), Guthrie (Loaned but good future). Too many I think.

Zenden will be gone this summer I'm pretty sure of that, we'll keep the rest though. In a few years time when Momo has sorted his passing out and Mascherano has settled, we'll have the best midfield in Europe. What we desperately need is a couple of flair players (like Garcia without the constant loss of possession). If we're playing Champ manager then players like Kaká, Messi, Robinho would be the answer but realistically we can try to lure Quaresma, Tévez maybe Lennon all are technically gifted and can turn a game on it's head. A 20-goal striker would benefit any team but I don't think that's the problem.

As for Barça they're more than capable of scoring three at Anfield so I'll stay quietly confident, one things for sure though is there'll be goals in this one.

I think Gerrard was on the right to stop Evra getting forward... and it worked.

As long as Rafa's in charge Gerrard on the right is where he'll be playing. He had a brilliant season playing on the right last year, I don't see why the media keep harping on about it.

honestly lads if you get a striker that can get you 20+ goals you will be up there at the top challenging us for the league, take away drogba at chelsea and see where they would be in the league

Being complemented by the mancs? :-k Now I've seen it all :)

Being so far away from Manchester, I don't get caught up in the hype and hate anymore.
It also helps that I have a beautiful female student that is a Liverpool fan. I can talk about football with her and there is no hate whatsoever. Her favorite players are Gerrard and C. Ronaldo. See what mood she's in on wednesday though :8):

I think Gerrard was on the right to stop Evra getting forward... and it worked.

you think?

in the first half gerrard kept going inside to his natural position and made space for us...

rafa keeps on getting it wrong against us and the other the big clubs, maybe not as tactically aware as scousers would have us believe....

Being so far away from Manchester, I don't get caught up in the hype and hate anymore.
It also helps that I have a beautiful female student that is a Liverpool fan. I can talk about football with her and there is no hate whatsoever. Her favorite players are Gerrard and C. Ronaldo. See what mood she's in on wednesday though :8):

Your very lucky. I think half the problem is the media, they whip rivalry up to an all time frenzy and to be honest messagebords dont help! A genuine post can come out all wrong!

I used to date a girl who was a man u supporter who lived in Failsworth. Her brothers were bad man u fans too, but we all got on well, even though we had banter with each other. She loved scousers and our accents, thats how we got together when i met her on holiday!

you think?

in the first half gerrard kept going inside to his natural position and made space for us...

rafa keeps on getting it wrong against us and the other the big clubs, maybe not as tactically aware as scousers would have us believe....

I think your dead wrong and heres why...

over the last few seasons we've lost narrowly to yourselves, in the last minute last year at OT when we played very well and should have won, this year at Anfield was the same, a nil nil last year and a cup win.

Other than that you beat us 2-1 in his first season and 2-0 this season where you thoroughly deserved to win. the other 1-0 win was from a dudek error.

Against Chelsea we beat them this year, knocked them out of the champs league, knocked them out of the fa cup and topped them in the champs league group. They fluked a 1-0 win at anfield in benitez first season after riley failed to see carvalho swat the ball out of his box. this season we battered them at stamford but failed as we have done all season to finish them off. Were beaten by a wonderstrike from Drogba. Apart from that they had deserved wins last year 2-0 and 4-1, but even the 4-1 wasnt like you would expect.

Arsenal are probably the only team to sufficiently put us to the sword, but even then we beat them 1-0 last year and 2-1 the year before.

So i think your wrong, we just need a striker, a decent one.

Which leads us to the Barca team news, no MOTTA tomorrow, shame since I think he's one of the weak link.

Quietly looking forward to this one and hoping we've learnt from our 2001 meeting with them at Anfield, when they gave us a lesson on how to play effectively and clinically.

Good luck tonight boys, think you have a very real chance to knock them out, just be sure defensively at home, pretty much your strong point! as long as no early goal you should be set, leave on kuyt and bellamy for the counter, one more step towards an all english semifinal ;)

Come on you red men. Concentrate, don't let them split you open, because they can at the drop of a hat. Don't let all the hardwork in Spain go to waist.

0-0 HT

Could have already been 3-0, barca have had one shot off target from a corner, liverpool have hit the bar twice and had a ball cleared off the line. Better not be another utd game (although losing 1-0 wont matter for the end result).

Back
Top Bottom