Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I don't understand where all these anti-Liverpool sentiments are coming from. Is it jealousy? Is it the "in" thing to do these days? What is it? Seriously.

Yeah, we're jealous of all your glory from the good ol' days. Days we werent even alive to experience. Cuz its better to talk about stuff that happened 50 years ago than the things you actually experienced. :roll:

Yeah, we're jealous of all your glory from the good ol' days. Days we werent even alive to experience. Cuz its better to talk about stuff that happened 50 years ago than the things you actually experienced. :roll:

Do you have an eductaion? 50 years ago?

Think you'd better read up on your football history. I dont expect people to cream themselves over us or our history, especially rival fans, but football wasnt invented with the Premier League. The sooner that myth is busted the better.

It just feels like it because it was the first time for 25 years that Manchester United had won it, so therefore all mancs 'convieniently' forget what came previous.

In fact i'd argue that football pre Premiership was much better. Maybe not technically, but for sheer passion guts and real talent definetely. Days when players played on crap muddy pitches like they do in the FA Cup now, days when a player would get tough challenges without the other player diving and whinging to the ref. Days before the media ran football in this country and referees did their jobs properly.Days when the European Cup was for the winners only, before the farce of making money and running businesses turned it into a cup for the also rans.

But thats ok, we have 9 years to try and put it right before we match your record.

Do you have an eductaion? 50 years ago?

Think you'd better read up on your football history. I dont expect people to cream themselves over us or our history, especially rival fans, but football wasnt invented with the Premier League. The sooner that myth is busted the better.

It just feels like it because it was the first time for 25 years that Manchester United had won it, so therefore all mancs 'convieniently' forget what came previous.

In fact i'd argue that football pre Premiership was much better. Maybe not technically, but for sheer passion guts and real talent definetely. Days when players played on crap muddy pitches like they do in the FA Cup now, days when a player would get tough challenges without the other player diving and whinging to the ref. Days before the media ran football in this country and referees did their jobs properly.Days when the European Cup was for the winners only, before the farce of making money and running businesses turned it into a cup for the also rans.

But thats ok, we have 9 years to try and put it right before we match your record.
Hi there Guys and Gals, I am 26 and from South Africa. I have been a Mighty Reds fans since the first day I could speak.....

My dad is a Reds fan too, and my younger brother is Man Yoo fan... so you just imagine the tension when the two giants meet....

I have been a loyal fan and will be a loyal fan till the day I die... (not like the millions of Chelsea fans that popped out the cracks when Roman started investing in the club).....

I watched the game on Satellite against Arsenal and was shocked not at the result but at the sqaud that Rafa played. Gerrard and Hyypia were the only real first team players that were on the pitch. Hyppia had a crap game ( i can see why agger is keeping him out of the squad), Paletta was even worse, and then to play two youngsters Peltier and Warnock against players like Fabregas and Baptista is suicide.... (dont get me wrong, Warnock and Peltier are future prospects, but not big match material as yet), Gerrard had an okay game, Garcia was all over the place and thats not his style, Gonzales was out b4 he cud make an impact, Guthrie was awesome, Fowler was tripping over his own feet practically the whole game (the man is a legend, but he is not the best striker at the moment), Bellamy was okay as well....

Rafa should realise that we probably wont be taking any trophys this year, and should have played a full strength squad and we would have killed the Gunners..... Liverpool just didnt have the passion, the heart and the will to win with the team that they put on the pitch.. I am beggining to think that Liverpool is gonna have a really bad season this year and that is dissappointing.... I cant even imagine what Barca is gonna do to us if we keep playing the way we do..... probably another 6 goals if Ronaldinho and team are on fire.....

The sign above the stairwell when you walk on to the pitch says "THIS IS ANFIELD" and that is supposed to be a reminder of what is in store for the opposition walking out on the pitch.... that sign strikes fear in the hearts of teams all over the world but in recent matches it seems like it is more of a direction to the pitch then a reminder..

Last edited:

Hi Freddie, nice to hear from you.

yes Rafa got it wrong the other night, but it happens. Why we are coming in for so much stick im not sure. If we are having a poor season by peoples standards, i'd love to see what a good season was seeing we are third and walked through our Champions League group.

And while i understand now and again people having a pop, because lets face it Liverpool have immaculate standards, i think people need to take a step back and realise a few things. Yes Arsenal beat us the other day, but they are just as faulty as Liverpool. They have lost this season to Sheffield United, Bolton, Man City, Fulham and West Ham etc. Manchester United while doing well in the league have had a few dodgies too, mainly in the cup, Copenhagen, Celtic, Southend, West ham to name a few as well as a draw at a very weak Newcastle. Chelsea have dropped points all over the shop against Reading, Fulham, Boro, Spurs and even drew with Wycombe of league two, yes thats league two last night!

So there should be a sense of perspective all round because as i see it its whoever has the edge on consistency, with the mancs having it at the moment - its a very fine line indeed.

Spot on. I know we won it wehen we weren't champs and so did you but it was much better before.

When I used to go to Old trafford as a kid in the 70's and 80's, I felt like part of the club but I now it's like they just want my money.

Spot on. I know we won it wehen we weren't champs and so did you but it was much better before.

When I used to go to Old trafford as a kid in the 70's and 80's, I felt like part of the club but I now it's like they just want my money.

totally agree mate, totally.

Of course its all business and money which is fair enough, the game has had to adapt to survive, but nothing beats those days on the kop. It was more in touch with us working folks :)

a few quid to get in, a pie and a programme and all your mates on the terraces. glory days.

I used to pay into the paddock with all the old blokes because there was no queue and climb over the fence into the stretford end. Got some really good memories from them days against you lot. One that springs to mind was Emlyn Hughes shorts getting ripped and he changed them on the pitch. We gave him some stick that day 'Emlyn wears a tampon' but he gave it back to us.

I think the problem with a lot of fans these days is the rivalry becomes hatred. They can't understand banter. In those days we were jealous of your success and we 'hated' you for it, but there was still a respect. I think the boot's on the other foot now and maybe you're a bit jealous of us and deep down some of you will appreciate the football we played.
There's been a lot of stick in these forums and I think it's because some Utd fans realise that just maybe you're becoming a bit of a force again (even though you've done a bit shit recently) and you could be a threat again soon. To be honest, I welcome it as it will keep us on our toes in a league where we're almost guaranteed a top four spot.

I used to pay into the paddock with all the old blokes because there was no queue and climb over the fence into the stretford end. Got some really good memories from them days against you lot. One that springs to mind was Emlyn Hughes shorts getting ripped and he changed them on the pitch. We gave him some stick that day 'Emlyn wears a tampon' but he gave it back to us.

I think the problem with a lot of fans these days is the rivalry becomes hatred. They can't understand banter. In those days we were jealous of your success and we 'hated' you for it, but there was still a respect. I think the boot's on the other foot now and maybe you're a bit jealous of us and deep down some of you will appreciate the football we played.
There's been a lot of stick in these forums and I think it's because some Utd fans realise that just maybe you're becoming a bit of a force again (even though you've done a bit shit recently) and you could be a threat again soon. To be honest, I welcome it as it will keep us on our toes in a league where we're almost guaranteed a top four spot.

Great post mate.

Yeah theres deffo jealousy from both sides. I have to admit i dislike United, mostly through envy of their success but you have to hold your hands up and admire the likes of Giggs, Cantona, keane, Scholes, Pallister and even Neville. they are all quality players and United have played some great footy over the years.

But thats where my dislike stops. I certainly dont hate the people of manchester and im really disappointed when i go on other messageboards like rivals.net and see all the hatred that goes on, and nout just from United fans but from ourselves as well.

I think under Benitez we are going in the right direction, but we live in this day of age where everyone wants success now. If Ferguson had been starting out today i doubt he would have lasted at united for more than a year or two, as it took him nearly seven to establish himself back in the late eighties, but football was more patient then, and im glad LFC treat managers with respect and give them the time to produce.

Liverpool fans cant complain. Yeah we want to win the league again but since 2000 we have hauled in a European Cup, UEFA Cup, two FA Cups, two league cups, a super cup and a few charity shields. Not bad for a supposed weak side.

I love Liverpool. They play such exciting football and are the best team in the country.

Actually its 2 supercups :D

What no-one seems to have mentioned is the shots on target stat for the arsenal games, 6shots on target 1 off target and 6 goals, thats an amazing statistic, when liverpool had about 11 or so on target, and the same balance for the facup match. Either amazing finishing or a bit of fortune / bad defending. Seeing as arsenal have been ridiculed for wanting to pass the ball into the net and missing so many chances the latter is more likely.

As for people coming into the thread to have a go, whats the point? Do the pool fans go in there and do it? I dont bother as i dont see the point, the jokes and banter are amusing but some of the stuff is so out of proportion and for some maybe hurtfull. Its ridiculous, immature and petty. Bringing me on to alucard's posts, conviently.

I wont bother to argue his points again as last time he agreed with me by stating the same but using it as an argument to say im wrong?! :lol: not much point to continue then is there.

Nice to hear some of the old memories being posted, having started supporting liverpool in the early 90's the past few years have been succesfull by my standards so im enjoying them, even if rafa sometimes frustrates with his selections.

Shame most of the posts in hear seem to be mostly hate posts with fortunately a couple of banter ones thrown into the mix.

Hey El diego,

Whats the point? Does it amuse you to post those comments? If so shouldnt you be looking at your own development level and whether you should actually start developing? It really only reflects on your level that thats all you have to bring to a discussion forum/thread is diggs at a team when they havent had a good week.

Good tip from CW about the ignore thing, hopefully you wont get banned so it will continue to work instead of alucards constant morphing of identities.

Just tested it and it works a treat :D

Told ya. If only everyone had done the same at the start of this flame/troll war!

Back on topic...Watford on Saturday away at Vicarage Road, should we lose this one then we are gonna have to seriously question whether we are going to move on under Rafa

:applause:
I've no doubt that over the two games Arsenal played really well, but i do feel that we were on the end of some really poor officiating at times. But that doesnt excuse the defending or Dudek in anyway.

However i was mightily impressed with Arsenals youth, they look very good, especially that young lad, Baptista ;)

baptista is 25 lol so he not that young lol

Told ya. If only everyone had done the same at the start of this flame/troll war!

Back on topic...Watford on Saturday away at Vicarage Road, should we lose this one then we are gonna have to seriously question whether we are going to move on under Rafa

Although Rafa has been able to seemingly buy the players he wants, i think some of them have been 2nd or third choices on his list due to cashflow.

Hopefully we should beat Watford, only gerrard and Bellamy will be used from the team that lost, maybe Auriellio on the bench too.

They said they would give him five years and hes had 2 and a half, although the first season was mostly Houlliers team. I think he will come good, its just that lack of consistency. i mean we should have beaten Chelsea this season and lost to a Drogba wondergoal, we had enough chances in the derby to win even though everton scored three. if we had had our shooting boots on for Blackburn, Portsmouth and Boro we'd have pegged those 9 points back.

I think we need a finisher a left sided player and a creative midfielder. if Liverpool had a giggs and ronaldo on the wings we'd be laughing i reckon.

Very refreshing too see those posts between antred and marukomu. Nice reading guys. :)

I don't think we should be considering shipping Benitez off if we fail to win at Watford. I know Watford are bottom, but I've only seen them put in one dire performance and that was in the relegation battle against Sheffield Utd.

Man United and other big teams have struggled at Vicarage Road.

I expect a stuttering win over Watford. Even though we've lost these two cup matches against a very good Arsenal side, and a case of being a tiny bit unfourtonate, we all seem to forget our resurgent form in the premiership. Its only been 10 days since we got an excellent result against plucky Bolton. After a good away win at Tottenham (and we were robbed at Ewood Park)

Here's another reason to be cheerful. We are 8 points off the champions who appear to be falling apart amid injuries and internal unrest :D

Last edited:

cool

I love Liverpool. They play such exciting football and are the best team in the country.
also cool

What is it with Man Utd fans? Obviously something is amiss cause they're the ones who come in here like hyennas everytime we draw/lose. It's funny to a certain extent and then it just becomes annoying or more recently, offensive. Yeah yeah it's healthy banter--well seeing how you guys go overboard more often than not, I'm not sure if it actually is healthy. Can we keep it classy here?

Hey El diego,

Whats the point? Does it amuse you to post those comments?

Yes, it relieves the boredom of the office when silly little men like antred actually get offended and resort to abusive replies like "You twonk!". :lol:

Anyway, I'm finishing work now and going out with REAL people to the pub where we will all discuss how crap L'pool are, how nice Danielles tits on 'Celeb Big Brother' are and why the Bank Of England put interest rates up today. :)

Anyway, I'm finishing work now and going out with REAL people

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you have to worry when someone starts banging on about their social life after a football argument.

I don't think we assumed you went out with Fake people. But hmm, maybe now.

as much as I'd love to defend a person who is saying Liverpool are shite...

...he just mentioned something about Celebrity Big Brother....

and that means he DEFINATELY has no life

Yes, it relieves the boredom of the office when silly little men like antred actually get offended and resort to abusive replies like "You twonk!". :lol:

Anyway, I'm finishing work now and going out with REAL people to the pub where we will all discuss how crap L'pool are, how nice Danielles tits on 'Celeb Big Brother' are and why the Bank Of England put interest rates up today. :)

Well i could start calling you something else but whats the point?

Enjoy yourself, your such a lad. :applause:

as much as I'd love to defend a person who is saying Liverpool are shite...

I don't need your defence mate, I can back up my own arguments.

I notice your location is 'the Stretford End'. Which stand & seat would that be? The front row of your living room on Saturday afternoon? :lmao:

What I DO respect about the Liverpool and Arsenal fans on this forum is that they actually go to see & support their team. I don't think many (if any, apart from Vannifeshizzle & myself) United 'supporters' here have actually ever been to Old Trafford before. The nearest they get is Sky Sports 1.

Back
Top Bottom