Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

great result yesterday. nice too see Pennant play well, waited long enough. Kuyt was superb, I still think if we get offered £10m for crouch we should sell. £10m is way too much to turn down.

Happy new year all!

Except for the Blackburn result(it was just one of those days) the christmas period has been good for pool.

I reckon we will see players like Pennant & Gonzales coming into their own in the second half of the season.

Bring on Arsenal!

Last edited:

Im not, oh and its bob paisley

My mistake

So now portsmouth are an average team in the top 5 because last season they were fighting relegation, and liverpool are a shit team because last season they were 3rd and won the fa cup. Come on, show some consistentcy. If you use past results to say who is a better team what is the limit? 3 years, 5 years, 20 years? Over the past 3 years liverpool have been more succesfull then manu, over 5 its manu, over 20 its... et cet. Last season portsmouth were average, but then you say liverpool are shit. So in which way are we gonna compare? Either end of season results, standings as i pointed out in my earlier post or on current form. Which is it gonna be? If you want to talk about single games it has to be form, final standings results its about overal quality. And why the continues statement that benitez isnt a great manager, i havent said he is, just that the potential is there based on results shown.

I agree you cant judge a team overall by their league position as of so far but until the end of the season, but you can question the quality of results and performances otherwise we wouldnt have anything to talk about. Maybe I shouldnt have put it as 'why are liverpool shit?'. It was me having some light banter and admit it was boarding on some some light hearted piss taking. I realise now its obviously too much for a few miserable people here to have some light hearted banter. They are not a shit team overall but when I asked that question, the football liverpool were playing was very poor. The performances and erratic form in the league since Rafa took charge leaves much to be desired wouldnt you agree, ? And yes Portsmouth are a average team. Nobody expected them to be where they are in the league this seaon, its just they have a very good manager. Would you say Portsmouth have a team full of exceptional players or average players?

Kewell was signed by houllier. Duff has said before he was sold that he wanted to play on the left and not on the right as he was also used by chelsea. Whether johnson will do better in a better team is not known, look at forlan, he was shit at manu but goldenboot winner in spain with a what most people will say is a poorer team then manu. A lot of players going from good teams to poorer ones havent done much (baros being a liverpool example, not that he was too impressive to start with anyway). As for the signings benitez has made, yes he's had some poor ones, but then what manager hasnt? Out of the singings he's made quite a few have been an improvement on the existing players; garcia, reina, alonso, kuyt, bellamy?, momo. They have all brought qualities that liverpool were lacking before. As for the poor signings, theyre less the the good ones/improvements. Fergie has his fair share of poor signings aswell, as all managers do (kleberson, veron, carrick?,forlan,et cet) but he's countered that with rooney, rio, vidic (who is looking really good) et cet.

. Ok then lets look at Zenden, Benetiz didnt hesitate signing him, although he had a history of getting injured. Plus there was Ribery who had a fantastic world cup liverpool could have went for. I dont agree Johnson would struggle at a big club. He has proved both for everton and crystal palace that he can score in the premiership and adjust to various different tactics within a mediocre team like Everton or attack minded crystal palace. Difference with Forlan was that he was coming from a different country and culture of football. And generally south american players find it hard to settle in england. As for your bad signings ,Garcis is far too inconsistent and disapears through games. He scores in important games , I'l give him that. I wouldnt class him as a total flop, but in the bracket of crouch as like you said, does a job. Reina I dont rate. He's a decent goalie, but prone to mistakes.he flaps on crosses like a pigeon, inspires no confidence in his defence nor has any command. He's a good shot stopper but he cant be compared to the all round reliability of Van Der Sar or Cech
Alonso, Sisokko, Kuyt and that scott carson player I'd agree are good buys, but the jury is still out on bellamy. Thats only four good players who have proven themselve worthy to play in a liverpool shirt. And heres the list for the rest of his signings since Rafa took charge.

Antonio Nunez - Flop
Pellegrino - Flop
Morientes - Flop
Zenden - Flop
Gonzalez -So far , flop
Pennant -So far, flop.
Crouch- Debatable but has done a job like you said. But I'l say not good enough
Bellamy - ???

Hmmm, yeah thats an easy cop out. So you use theyre situation to say who is better? How does that work, you can say who had a more difficult situation, but even then its not that straight forward. How can you compare different situations to each other and say one has done better then the other? Manu might have been in a worse state with the drinking culture etc, but liverpool have had to deal with the chelsea millions, arsenal's great football and manu just being strong as they have been for awhile now. And if you are comparing situations whats the time scale used? For fergie its 7-10 years, for benitez its 3. Thats not fair either. Its pointless comparing both of them now, you have to wait till they have had equal amount of time / trophies. and even then its still the current situation they were in that has to also be factered in. Its a study in it self and not something we can state when we like.

Well no because chelsea's millions and and arsenal's football are all external factors. The club being in turmoil and being influenced by a drink culture etc are internal matters. Really and truly you cannot compare the sitaution as the clubs were in totally different positions. We are going to always disagree in that argument, because I'll believe that Fergies situation was alot harder, while you claim Benetiz winning the champions league in his first season was a great feat. Best to agree to disagree.

Actually it is foolish to state arguments as fact, surely you can tell the difference? Just because you have good arguments that mean you could be correct, still doesnt mean its fact. Im doing as Msc degree in architecture at the moment and we have to always argue why our choices are the right ones, but its never a fact that my choice, or someone else choice is better. Its our opinion based on research, doesnt mean its a fact. AS for ronaldo and manu being better then pennent/liverpool, then yes, current statistics (league table, results, player performence) show that they have been better this season. But im not argueing the opposite, im just stating that you cant say either is great/shit as its the final league table and results that will say which team/player was better this season.

You just proved my point. Statistics which are based on facts, say Ronaldo is better than Pennat. And the same statistics which state United have been better than Liverpool, are based on facts. So yes you can state an argument is a fact. The Benetiz Fergie argument is relative simply because Benetiz hasnt been around as long as Fergie. But if you were to compare their records now, Benetiz has nothing on Fergie.

Could be because he lives there ;)

It does not matter my location. @ AdI6, many areas have problems and I choose to highlight those. I dont say these thigns for the fun of it. But If someone insults me, then I'l fight back and give as good as I can get. I don't passionatly believe every scouse is like that neither do I bare any hatred towards them. Antred called 'mancs' souless *****s. So I responded by slating the area of liverpool. If someone criticised the area where I live, I couldn't care less. For example if I live in the country and someone said to me' fuck off back to your area of sheep and pig shagging interbreeding farmers' I could care less. I'd be secure knowing I'm not anything like that. Obviously there is some who harbour of guilt amongst these things I pointed out. Maybe they commited these things themselves and dont want to be reminded, I don't know. My point is I wouldnt label antred or anyone racist or full of hate for taking a dig at 'mancs' ,country or city dwellers.

Last edited:

Ok thanks for the correction. I just edited my post.

Well thats fine, but i do care. This is a footy forum, keep it football, you will get more respect that way. Trouble is you go off on one, like you did after you drew last night in the united thread and start calling and insulting names.

Its not Newcastles fault you drew, i watched the game myself, they dug in with a weak lineup, United had enough chances to win.

Don't come out and act like your Saint Paul. You have delivered your fair share of insults and non-football related remarks. Learn to treat others how you like to be treated.

Its not the point though slobber, because he is so tall he should be a good header of the ball. Its a quality he has so he should make the most of it. Its like saying a fast striker trips a lot so the amount of good runs he makes evens out. It can be seen as a hindrence that he misses a lot of goal bound headers, as players will aim for him instead of a smaller player when infact the smaller player (garcia's a great header of the ball) even though they are not in as good a position could cause more trouble by their accuracy. Im not having a go at crouch as i like him, but just frustrated by his heading ability.

Crouch cannot get alot of power out of his headers because of his build.

If crouch was bulkier, he would be on hell of a player.

Antred insinuated that because Ronaldo found it difficult to settle in at United, then so must pennant at liverpool. If you can read between the lines that is what Antred was initiating. The reason I got banned my friend is because there is a mod who happens to be a scouse loving liverpool supporter who had a personal vendetta against me for not saying wonderful things about his club. While stooges like you and antred cant defend themselves so ask the mods for help

You run your mouth once I'm gone. Calling me an idiot is flaming aswell you hypocritical bastard. Abide by your own rules first before condeming others of a similar offence. If you think your going to take away my rights to post simply because your a sensitive scouse loving cunt, think again sunshine. You think you can just make the rules up as you go along, with double standards. Little minions like you behaving like they can talk to anybody how they like behind their back just because they got a little power on a forum make me sick. You meant to set an example and bring order to the forum yet your only intereseted in setting rules when its something of interest to you eg Liverpool.. You bend the rules and stop me posting simply because I accurately criticised your mediocre team and owned your friend antred.. But dont expect to get rid of me that easily. You can play your rigged game . But you'll have to ban me permenantly if you expect me to quit posting as candliy as I do. You and the rest of the scum in this thread have really showed your class. Resorting to temper tantrums, crying to fucking mods to get me banned because they have'nt got an arm or leg to stand on to provide any substantial argument to go against what I say so to speak.

Furthermore You aint even got the integrity to pm me to explain in detail what was so wrong about my posting. I criticised teams in the Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd thread and have said much harsher things but never have you intervened before. But now its your tender Liverpool being criticised you want to ban me. Your a classless lowlife dog for taking away my rights to post here, and I have no respect for scum like yourself who are hypocrites. You ban me and let antred reign free dishing out his bollocks even though he has said just as much as I have. Your nothing more than a bitter old pathetic cunt with double standards that protects his own kind of filth when they are being exposed for what they truely are.

LOL. Dickhead.

Been on holiday and only caught the highlights of the game against Bolton and Spurs.

Looks like we held on at Spurs and thrashed Bolton?

We did well at Spurs to come away with the 3 points. It was always gonna be a game where one goal would win it, especially with Spurs home form.

We beat a Bolton side that had no intention of attacking. 10 men behind the ball for about 60 minutes and then we broke through and their game plan went out the window

Yeah, i loved Gerrards goal. Was watching at my mates house, and when that went it, i stood up like "Fuck you Bolton!"... i'm now called a closet Liverpool fan in their eyes :lol:

Beliel said:
You run your mouth once I'm gone. Calling me an idiot is flaming aswell you hypocritical bastard. Abide by your own rules first before condeming others of a similar offence. If you think your going to take away my rights to post simply because your a sensitive scouse loving cunt, think again sunshine. You think you can just make the rules up as you go along, with double standards. Little minions like you behaving like they can talk to anybody how they like behind their back just because they got a little power on a forum make me sick. You meant to set an example and bring order to the forum yet your only intereseted in setting rules when its something of interest to you eg Liverpool.. You bend the rules and stop me posting simply because I accurately criticised your mediocre team and owned your friend antred.. But dont expect to get rid of me that easily. You can play your rigged game . But you'll have to ban me permenantly if you expect me to quit posting as candliy as I do. You and the rest of the scum in this thread have really showed your class. Resorting to temper tantrums, crying to fucking mods to get me banned because they have'nt got an arm or leg to stand on to provide any substantial argument to go against what I say so to speak.

Furthermore You aint even got the integrity to pm me to explain in detail what was so wrong about my posting. I criticised teams in the Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd thread and have said much harsher things but never have you intervened before. But now its your tender Liverpool being criticised you want to ban me. Your a classless lowlife dog for taking away my rights to post here, and I have no respect for scum like yourself who are hypocrites. You ban me and let antred reign free dishing out his bollocks even though he has said just as much as I have. Your nothing more than a bitter old pathetic cunt with double standards that protects his own kind of filth when they are being exposed for what they truely are.

What the fuck are you on? Are you on drugs?

Your the most contardicting poster ever. Temper tantrums? Go read your own fucking post in the manc thread after lasts nights draw, calling the geordies for everything. I've got no temper tantrum, and i certainly dont need or ask for Help from CWright, you got banned because you cant stop hurling abuse, it would be a blessed miracle if they could ban you for life personally because frankly your the worst type of trolling, flaming scum i've ever had the mispleasure of coming across.

You dont make points, you incite, then you come over all defensive when people have a go back at you when you lose your rag and start trolling.

Ill say it again, you know sweet fa about football, i dont give a rats about your opinions on Liverpool or anyone else any longer, because your a narrow minded sad individual whose never been to a game in his life. ill say it again, your a product of the sky generation with no respect for no one and no teams supporters. Your avatar name says it all, your a snivelling goth with no respect. you hide behind your keyboard hurling insults to everyone. yeah i hurled insults at you - but only after being provoked. I havent hurled anything at anyone else. Why? because they are not like you in the slightest.

So you can stop bleating your innocence about your candid replies it dont wash - and as the paragraph above states i think your an attention seeker, stirring up trouble, you even seem to post as if you want to be banned by flaming the mod.

sad bastard.

What the fuck are you on? Are you on drugs?

You need to look at yourself sunshine. You was all calm earlier now you have just snapped realising a post of mine from two days ago escaped your eyes. Did you forget to take your medication? Or are you having vision problems again, you sad, pathetic little man?

Your the most contardicting poster ever. Temper tantrums? Go read your own fucking post in the manc thread after lasts nights draw, calling the geordies for everything. I've got no temper tantrum.

So whats this then? This is your temper tantrum hurling abuse at me and taking things to another level. The other day you wrote in big capital letters telling me to f*** off out of the liverpool thread swearing goth this, goth that. I did not say I was exempt from having tantrums so you cannot say I was contradicting myself. I merely pointed out that you have equally dished out your fair share of tantrums full of insults and just aswell should have been banned along with me.

As for the newcastle result, I was disappointed they earned an underserved draw. I was ranting but it was not aimed at anyone on this board. Its a football forum after all. It was in the United thread were us supporters are allowed to vent our frustrations. You seem to have an obsession with my posts recently to see which ones you can take a dig at. Quite sad if you ask me.

and i certainly dont need or ask for Help from CWright,

Really?? Well there where a few others here crying to CWright for me to get banned - slobber for example was querying Mr Wright about different ways to uphold my IP address from accessing the site. It almost worked I must say. Minutes after I had been banned, you were immediatly very thankful to CWright as if he sufficiently fulfilled a request.

you got banned because you cant stop hurling abuse,

No I got banned because CWright is a liverpool fan and I criticised his team too harshly for his liking. I have said alot more harsh things in other threads about teams, where nothing has happened

it would be a blessed miracle if they could ban you for life personally because frankly your the worst type of trolling, flaming scum i've ever had the mispleasure of coming across.

Listen to yourself, your doing exactly what your calling me up on. I don't flame neither do I troll. I post an opinion or ask questions which matter. If someone wants to hurl insults at me like you are, then they can expect some back. There are too many people here who are stuck up their own arse and want to act all high and mighty when they hear something they do not agree with.

You dont make points, you incite, then you come over all defensive when people have a go back at you when you lose your rag and start trolling.

Really?? Check above to my response to tiktiktiktik and you will find valid points about Liverpool football club.

Ill say it again, you know sweet fa about football, i dont give a rats about your opinions on Liverpool or anyone else any longer, because your a narrow minded sad individual whose never been to a game in his life.

I have a better understanding of football than you. believe it. Regardless if you go to more games than I do. That fact that you think you know where I live, how old I am, what I have and have not done in my life, shows you are a complete spastic of the highest order. Whenever you and me have a debate about football, you turn it into something personal and ask questions about my whereabouts and try to assume my age and style.

ill say it again, your a product of the sky generation with no respect for no one and no teams supporters. Your avatar name says it all, your a snivelling goth with no respect. you hide behind your keyboard hurling insults to everyone. yeah i hurled insults at you - but only after being provoked. I havent hurled anything at anyone else. Why? because they are not like you in the slightest.

You can say it again and again and again like a fucking parrot, but it wont make it true. And Yes antred, I must be a goth because I have a certain avatar and I my name must be beliel aswell right? The reason you dont attack anyone else is because no one else has dared to criticise liverpool recently. Look back when you had an argument with Runeedge when he criticised Liverpool last season. What happened? he got banned and you didnt. Coincidentally the same thing happens but with me. Either you must be a secret moderator or your C.Wrights little lapdog.

So you can stop bleating your innocence about your candid replies it dont wash - and as the paragraph above states i think your an attention seeker, stirring up trouble, you even seem to post as if you want to be banned by flaming the mod.sad bastard

I was not intentionally trying to get banned.I wanted to give C.Wright a piece of my mind because I take having my rights taken away very seriously. Banning me was unprofessional. If he had banned me for the forums sake and benefit, maybe I wouldn't have come back and complained. But if he bans me for his own interests and people like you, its simply unjustified. No matter how badly you cry and beg for it to happen.

Last edited:

Cant you drop it and stop ruining what was a good thread for discussion and latest news.

I thought all three of our goals against Bolton were pretty special.

Hope we put the big guns out for Saturdays cup game, could be a brilliant match :D

You need to look at yourself sunshine. You was all calm earlier now you have just snapped realising a post of mine from two days ago escaped your eyes. Did you forget to take your medication? Or are you having vision problems again, you sad, pathetic little man?

So whats this then? This is your temper tantrum hurling abuse at me and taking things to another level. The other day you wrote in big capital letters telling me to f*** off out of the liverpool thread swearing goth this, goth that. I did not say I was exempt from having tantrums so you cannot say I was contradicting myself. I merely pointed out that you have equally dished out your fair share of tantrums full of insults and just aswell should have been banned along with me.

As for the newcastle result, I was disappointed they earned an underserved draw. I was ranting but it was not aimed at anyone on this board. Its a football forum after all. It was in the United thread were us supporters are allowed to vent our frustrations. You seem to have an obsession with my posts recently to see which ones you can take a dig at. Quite sad if you ask me.

Really?? Well there where a few others here crying to CWright for me to get banned - slobber for example was querying Mr Wright about different ways to uphold my IP address from accessing the site. It almost worked I must say. Minutes after I had been banned, you were immediatly very thankful to CWright as if he sufficiently fulfilled a request.

No I got banned because CWright is a liverpool fan and I criticised his team too harshly for his liking. I have said alot more harsh things in other threads about teams, where nothing has happened

Listen to yourself, your doing exactly what your calling me up on. I don't flame neither do I troll. I post an opinion or ask questions which matter. If someone wants to hurl insults at me like you are, then they can expect some back. There are too many people here who are stuck up their own arse and want to act all high and mighty when they hear something they do not agree with.

Really?? Check above to my response to tiktiktiktik and you will find valid points about Liverpool football club.

I have a better understanding of football than you. believe it. Regardless if you go to more games than I do. That fact that you think you know where I live, how old I am, what I have and have not done in my life, shows you are a complete spastic of the highest order. Whenever you and me have a debate about football, you turn it into something personal and ask questions about my whereabouts and try to assume my age and style.

You can say it again and again and again like a fucking parrot, but it wont make it true. And Yes antred, I must be a goth because I have a certain avatar and I my name must be beliel aswell right? The reason you dont attack anyone else is because no one else has dared to criticise liverpool recently. Look back when you had an argument with Runeedge when he criticised Liverpool last season. What happened? he got banned and you didnt. Coincidentally the same thing happens but with me. Either you must be a secret moderator or your C.Wrights little lapdog.

I was not intentionally trying to get banned.I wanted to give C.Wright a piece of my mind because I take having my rights taken away very seriously. Banning me was unprofessional. If he had banned me for the forums sake and benefit, maybe I wouldn't have come back and complained. But if he bans me for his own interests and people like you, its simply unjustified. No matter how badly you cry and beg for it to happen.

Yawn.

you were banned for writing insulting, race hating posts, which i have already shown you and backed up with references from wikipedia which you just ignored anyway like you usually do.

Kevanos right lets get back on topic. its an endless debate anyway, you hide behind your keyboard anyway so its all pretty pointless and i cant be arsed requoting you. yes i had an arguement last year when runedge went off at the deep end, wasnt my fault.

Maybe man u fans and liverpool fans should stear clear of invading each others posts as the rivalry clearly runs too deep, might be better for all involved on here especially when a certain poster posts 'Why is your team so shit?' as a debate question.

Typical of you to simply cop out when you are proven wrong. Perhaps you should complain to your owner that I replied to your insulting condescending post and showed you again to be a complete spastic.

As for the race card, its amazing how politcal correct this forum has become. If you go into the arsenal thread and asks if there is not enough homegrown players being given a fair chance to come through the ranks in england, while suggesting a limit of foriegn players a club can field. You are all of a sudden a nationalist racist. If you point out the problems in liverpool, you are a racist. This is my point about people like you stuck up their own arse when they hear something they don't agree with.

Typical of you to simply cop out when you are proven wrong. Perhaps you should complain to your owner that I replied to your insulting condescending post and showed you again to be a complete spastic.

As for the race card, its amazing how politcal correct this forum has become. If you go into the arsenal thread and asks if there is not enough homegrown players being given a fair chance to come through the ranks in england, while suggesting a limit of foriegn players a club can field. You are all of a sudden a nationalist racist. If you point out the problems in liverpool, you are a racist. This is my point about people like you stuck up their own arse when they hear something they don't agree with.

oh fuck off.

your doing my head in now. proven me wrong on what counts? Is your opinion fact now?

And dont give me any crap about 'pointing out about problems in liverpool' as you did nothing of the sort. you labelled people from that area based on your limited stereotypical knowledge.

now do one.

Should be an interesting test against Arsenal tonight. I think we can beat em but its gonna be close

Well that's sends Reina back to the goal post and Dudek to the transfer's list. It's not all his fault, but how can Benitez uses him again after this performance?

Eboue ... nothing he does surprises me, good but sh*t attitude :(

*Kick* .. runs away .. "Oh what? A yello ....... ARGHHH my feet suddenly hurts !!!!! REALLY !!!!!!!" *Fells down to the ground* (and yet he didn't leave the pitch because of that until the Ref told him so later)

Well played Arsenal, a typical counter attacking performance from them.

BUT.

I'm livid with the performance of Dudek. Is Reina injured? Dudek hasn't played a top flight game for a good year now. He could of done better on every one of those shots. What was he doing off the line there?, and don't get me started on his feeble effort against Henry's shot. Carra was unlucky, but should of clear it immediately, it was too risky trying to turn back towards goal with Henry looming.

Disappointed with Rafa's decisions today. It was clear that we needed Bellamy to avoid having to just lump crosses in.

just found out that Reina WASN'T INJURED:lmao:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, STOP ROTATING THE DEFENCE. Anywhere else is fine, but NOT IN DEFENCE.

. . . and all of Alucard's points are proven! :lol:

What a pile of overrated shite is L'pool!

Disappointed with Liverpool after watching the match. A lot of hustle and bustle with no end product. Bad tactics by Rafa again led to Liverpool under performing once more. Why only one substitution? very strange indeed when Bellamy was desperate to get on and play. Gonzalez could also of stretched things if he was brought on.

Dudek had an absolute shocker in my oppinion, a top keeper would have saved every one of those goals, especially Arsenals third. Henry showed great skill with his goal but the shot went straight under Dudek. A very poor defensive showing overall.

Last edited:

Dudek played probably his worst game for Liverpool and showed why Rafa aint picked him in a while.
We also seemed to have a total lack of creativity and it looked like Pennant took all the praise he received last weekend and thought all he needed to do was turn up and he would play a blinder.

Arsenal again on Tuesday night and with the changes that Rafa will no doubt make I cant see us beating them then either

to be fair Henry`s goal was to the left of his hands not under him.What surprise me was you lots attack so much with such a pace at least 20 crosses in the middle 15 attempt at goal.Almunia looked winded w/ all the run -n- jumping he had to do.Lehmann would of fainted(I said earlier in the match it looked like a bolton result here)

Back
Top Bottom