Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

he's right with this though, Barcelona are a completely different team to anything you got by on your way to Istanbul.

you've got lucky because they probably won't have Eto'o and might not have Messi/Saviola, but, and this is probably the biggest BUT possible, you're gonna play them right as Ronaldinho hits top form. He's coming back to it now, the signs are there, and he'll keep getting better and better. Gerrard won't be able to live with him, and neither will anyone else, so basically...you're screwed.

but don't worry, cause we'll find some way to lose against Lille, it's just our way

I think it will be tough, im not gonna lie, but i still think over two legs we have a good chance. We'll have to wait and see.

It will be very difficult, Barca are a different proposition than the Juventus, Chelsea, Milan teams we faced in 05.
But if there's any way we can beat them, Rafa will have to get his tactics
spot on, we can't just go and defend there at the Nou Camp.
We must aim for an Away goal, because Barca can score at Anfield...where
we would not defend too well.
It will be a tight 2-legged tie with it going to the wire....the good thing is the 2nd
leg is at Anfield...

I think it will be a good game, looking forward to it. I hope Liverpool can produce the goods over the two legs.

liverpool_plane.jpg

Ive got some questions for some of you liverpoolites. Following another serious humiliation, serious questions must be asked.

- Why is your team so shit?
- Why is your manager so shit at making tactical/selection decisions?
- Why is Crouch so shit?
- Why is your team so anti-Football, resorting to trying to suffocate every game they play in and relying on long ball merchant tactics?
- Will you be relieved with 4th this year?
- How does to it feel to lose against a side which Arsenal put 6 past last weekend?
- Why did you even think you could challenge for the title this year?
- Why are Manchester United so much better than Liverpool?
- How long more is Rafa going to be given to mess up Liverpool?
- Are you looking forward to getting ripped apart against Barcelona?
- And finally, how does it feel to be the laughing stock of the premiership while being managed by an over-rated, over-weight, tactically inept, uninspiring bungler of a manager?

Honest answers to honest questions appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

well, I was there today, and both teams were shit, neither looked like scoring, saying that Liverpool probably would've won had Friedel not been on top form. Why did Benitez take off Crouch? why not Bellamy instead? he was doing shit and having a shit time in front of his old fans

Have to agree with Alucard's points on Benitez. However I'm not having Crouchy dissed. It is a shame though. After scoring a ton of goals he seems to have lost his way in recent times. I have to blame this on the manager, does anyone actually know who first choice striker is at the club? Actually do any players know who is first choice in their position? Liverpool need to build a quality squad with solid tactics and a stable first team if they are ever going to find consistency.

Last edited:

Rotation is never going to work if you want to challenge for the title. A good team requires stability and continuity. I said this at the start of the season and I will say it again. If a striker plays well, then gets dropped the next game it will spoil his form. He will find it difficult to get into a rythem with his teammates and will even get disheartened having put so much effort into a game only to find out he'l miss the next. Benetiz seeme to think swapping players round is like deciding whether to have a pie or a burger for the day ahead. He makes too many changes and I dont even think he knows what his best team is.

As for crouch, I really dont think he is good enough. Sure he'll get you a few odd goals here and there against mediocre teams, but week in week out he is poor. He is someone who only gets played out of pity. England and liverpool only give crouch a chance because they dont want to appear as if they discriminate against unnaturally tall starved freaks of nature.

THANKS LIVERPOOL

BLACKBURN 1 LIVERPOOL 0

lol HA

YES ARSENAL R 3RD THANKS LIVERPOOL

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/
\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/
\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

I cannot agree with ManUtd fans so called humiliation even though their top flight they still lost to Southend United with Rooney & Ronaldo on the pitch . That`s like losing to a U-16 team that my friends is H U M I L I A T I O N.

I cannot agree with ManUtd fans so called humiliation even though their top flight they still lost to Southend United with Rooney & Ronaldo on the pitch . That`s like losing to a U-16 team that my friends is H U M I L I A T I O N.

its going to help us in the long run... less games, more time to rest up for more important things..

Alucard obviously didn't watch the game then. Anti-Football?

Big ole Brad was the difference between Blackburn scrapping a 1-0 win, and Blackburn being trounced for the 2nd time in two days.

Alucard, you're a antagonistic twat.

Yes, Benitez is messing up Liverpool by winning the CL in his first season, and the FA Cup in the next, and also by getting to 50 wins quicker then Wenger and Ferguson. I can really see your point now.

United are better than Liverpool because they have more money and thus better players, and they also play with an attacking mentality that is tried and tested in the premiership. No Liverpool fan claims that we are a better team than United.

Considering last year we finished just one point behind Man United, and about 10 ahead of Arsenal, and then added proven premiership players like Bellamy and Pennant to the squad, we were well within our rights to consider a title challenge.

Last edited:

Yes I did watch the game and catch most of liverpool's games. I might not see the whole match because lets be honest, you only do that if you want something to help get you to sleep. But In general I see the highlight of most of their games. And I can safely tell you that liverpool play sterile football and try to sufficate the opposition. Your manager persists with trying to play European formations and plays dull, grinding yes 'anti football'. All while filling the squad with average or shit players, with the exceptions of Alonso and Kuyt. He has very little comprehension of English Football and gets his tactics wrong very frequently, particularly away from home. Hence why Liverpools 'title bids' under him have been dead before they began.

Big ole Brad was the difference between Blackburn scrapping a 1-0 win, and Blackburn being trounced for the 2nd time in two days.

I guess if you drop points again against Tottenham it will be Robinson return to form that made the difference right?

I really dont think that was warranted, do you?. If I had said to you Peter , 'you are a filthy grubby mouthed commoner from London who happened to start supporting liverpool from 2005', Then maybe you could be justified in saying I'm a antagonistic twat. I simply critically assessed how bad your team has been doing so far and asked football related questions but thats too much for you. Maybe it was when I asked 'why are liverpool shit' was that the one? If thats the one then I dont know how I can put it, if your team is shit they are shit or is crap better for you?- Or was it when I referred to Benetiz as over-weight- Im sorry is he ralated to you? Go on sunshine which one was it that made you have an compulsion to insult me like that?

Yes, Benitez is messing up Liverpool by winning the CL in his first season, and the FA Cup in the next, and also by getting to 50 wins quicker then Wenger and Ferguson. I can really see your point now.

The common excuse of 'Rafa won us the CL so he can do no wrong' bollocks doesnt wash with me I'm afraid. I'm sure 30 barren years later you'll still bring that old CL trophy win up in an argument. In hindsight your CL 'win' almost seems worth it now considering it's kept Benitez in a job and give him mileage amongst your deluded bunch of supporters when it's plain to see the man cant hack English Football. He will never be in the class of Mourinho or Wenger domestically, let alone be fit to lick the feces off even Cathy Ferguson's shoes let alone Alex's.

Let me you tell you something else...Dont ever compare Ferguon to Benitez. Ferguson is the most successful manager to ever grace the English game. Benitez can go shove his 50 wins up his tubby ass to be quite frank. Fact is sunshine and I'm sorry if you dont like this, but its the truth- Benetiz your manager is horrendously over-rated. Wenger won the premiership in his first full season and Fergie's record is second to none. On the European stage Rafa is a good manager, where his defensive long ball mindset is suited to the slow pace and conservative nature of CL Football, similar to Spain, I give him that. Domestically in England he is awful. Anyone with eyes to see can realise Liverpool have fallen below expectation sitting 6th. Benitez has had nearly three seasons to get it right domestically and his best finish is third. He keeps messing Liverpool up and your erratic league form proves it. He persists on buying average players when there are better options avaliable, he keeps producing teams who play dull unimaginative football. It's his mindset, he's used to the continental style of Football, he'll always try to get Liverpool to play that way in the league: patient, conservative football with emphasis on build up and defence, plenty of men behind the ball, deep defending which culminates to be lifeless anti football.

United are better than Liverpool because they have more money and thus better players, and they also play with an attacking mentality that is tried and tested in the premiership. No Liverpool fan claims that we are a better team than United.

Well I'm glad you admitted Man United are the better team, thats quite honest. Not many fans have the courage to be honest with themselves and admit there is a better side. You'd be suprised how many deluded fans claim Liverpool are better than United and how United are always in their shadow. Theres some here who thoroughly believe that. I won't mention their names but they know who they are. Its laughable really, but you do get those spasticated deluded bunch that believe that because of Liverpools history of winning so many trophies before the premiership began , then it means they are a better team than united and everybody else. Ive even come across liverpool fans who believe Pennant to be eqaully effective as Ronaldo. But again your pitiful excuse that United have more money is rather silly as Liverpool are far from shy with spending money on players.
in terms of the figure Benetiz has spent since he took over, it isnt actually much different from Ferguson. Difference is Benetiz has pissed it on the wall on average players that cannot cope in the premiership

Considering last year we finished just one point behind Man United, and about 10 ahead of Arsenal, and then added proven premiership players like Bellamy and Pennant to the squad, we were well within our rights to consider a title challenge.

Anyone who is honest and hasnt got red tinted specs on, knows Bellamy and Pennant are wasters. Count how many times you've seen Bellamy in court? And with regards to Pennant, can you tell me when or in which match that he gave a memorable performance for your club or for his previous one in fact?

Errrr..no.

David Villa joining you lot in place of Peter Crouch? I bet Villa would be another flop just like the top spanish striker who was ironically sold off to Valencia...

hmmm alucards back with his usual rubbish.

reminded me of your west ham game only a week or so back where you lost 1-0 and should have won except we had even more chances.

But thats football, somedays its not meant to be.

I love Alucard. He is sharper and more intelligent than most of the kids around here. Eveything he says makes sense.

hmmm alucards back with his usual rubbish.

reminded me of your west ham game only a week or so back where you lost 1-0 and should have won except we had even more chances.

But thats football, somedays its not meant to be.

I agee you can have those games where 'sometimes its not meant to be'. As in Uniteds case that was only their second defeat of the season and you can safely say it was a one off. On paper it was a game we should have won, but on the day west ham were the better team. Of course any team is going to get those type of results but its how thy react in the next game where it really shows if the players have got what it takes or if the manager has the nous to motivate and get the players back on track for the next game. But I'm not so sure you can use that same excuse with liverpool and thats not me being biased. This seaon you have had too many of these socalled 'not meant to be' days where you've lost points against average teams be it a loss or a draw against the likes of Everton,Portsmouth, blackburn and bolton. So your track record this season says its not a one off.

Also It would be nice if you gave a structured argument instead of simply dismissing what I say as rubbish when you know damn well its not. You are very good at deflecting away from a debate at hand and changing the subject into an irrelevent issue or simply running away from questions that you cannot be honest enough to answer. So eager to post and put forth weak arguments, yet so reluctant to admit when someone else is right and you are wrong.

I agee you can have those games where 'sometimes its not meant to be'. As in Uniteds case that was only their second defeat of the season and you can safely say it was a one off. On paper it was a game we should have won, but on the day west ham were the better team. Of course any team is going to get those type of results but its how thy react in the next game where it really shows if the players have got what it takes or if the manager has the nous to motivate and get the players back on track for the next game. But I'm not so sure you can use that same excuse with liverpool and thats not me being biased. This seaon you have had too many of these socalled 'not meant to be' days where you've lost points against average teams be it a loss or a draw against the likes of Everton,Portsmouth, blackburn and bolton. So your track record this season says its not a one off.

Also It would be nice if you gave a structured argument instead of simply dismissing what I say as rubbish when you know damn well its not. You are very good at deflecting away from a debate at hand and changing the subject into an irrelevent issue or simply running away from questions that you cannot be honest enough to answer. So eager to post and put forth weak arguments, yet so reluctant to admit when someone else is right and you are wrong.

yes and the blackburn game was 'one of those'. Any other day, and average game for brad, and we would be sitting pretty in third. That is the fine line in the battle for third.

I agree that we still aren't ambitious enough in the transfer market. It should be clear to Rafa that players on the continent like English football, they admire and respect Liverpool FC, the fans, the atmosphere, the history, and the fact that we ARE gradually on the up. Rafa should try to lure over some truly world class players. We can't rely on our academy every time.

With regards to Bellamy and Pennant. It's clear that we needed some proven premiership players to press on with a league challenge. Who do you suggest we should of gone for? The best? Robben, Makalele, Henry? They simply wouldn't come, even if they wanted to, their respective managers would block it. Thats why we went for those that were within our reach. Both were a risk, but Pennant is now starting to settle IMO and Bellamy is looking VERY sharp.

There is no right or wrong in this Alucard, its a discussion board where you post opinions. Either I'm always wrong, or you're simply arrogant beyond belief.

BTW, Ferguson needed years to get going with United, why can't people allow Benitez that time? And the early signs show that Benitez's career has potential of surpassing ferguson, whether or not it is with Liverpool.

Last edited:

And also look at Ronaldo. When he first arrived he needed lots of work, he overplayed at times, didnt cross it when he should, made errors etc. Now look a few seasons on, he's impressive, it takes time to settle in.

With regards to Bellamy and Pennant. It's clear that we needed some proven premiership players to press on with a league challenge. Who do you suggest we should of gone for? The best? Robben, Makalele, Henry? They simply wouldn't come, even if they wanted to, their respective managers would block it. Thats why we went for those that were within our reach. Both were a risk, but Pennant is now starting to settle IMO and Bellamy is looking VERY sharp.

There are many players who would have been a better option than Pennant or Bellamy so dont give me that bollocks about Henry,Robben and Makelele. Duff was available in the summer along with, Andy Johnson, Zambrotto, Ribery and many other names I can't remember off the top of my head at this hour

There is no right or wrong in this Alucard, its a discussion board where you post opinions. Either I'm always wrong, or you're simply arrogant beyond belief..

Rubbish. An opinion or argument can be proven to be incorrect or discredited . Some of the opinions you and antred have provided are nothing more than you clutching at straws or simply nonsense. Others have agreed with me while only those like yourself with red tinted specs seem to disagree.

BTW, Ferguson needed years to get going with United, why can't people allow Benitez that time? And the early signs show that Benitez's career has potential of surpassing ferguson, whether or not it is with Liverpool..

The jobs the two faced when they arrived at their respective clubs are hugely different. United were languishing in the bottom half of the league until Ferguson came along and started investing in age old United principles: youth and quick attacking Football, which shaped us back into one the greatest clubs in the world. It may have taken him some time but United were in far worse a state than Liverpool were, which makes the great mans acheivements even more admirable.
In regards to Beneitiz, apart from an undeserved and uninspired victory on penalties in the Champions League you bunch wank on about, nothing has improved from the Houllier era. You play dire long ball Football, fail to gather the consistency needed for any sort of decent title race despite much pre-season gobbing off. You have a team half full of foreign flops leaving just one or two to drag the team to any sort of respectable position(Gerrard and Kuyt). All the while your fans say how it's your year and how we're on the decline, whilst we stay at the top and you chase our tails. The parrallels are hilariously brilliant when one actually looks at them.

And also look at Ronaldo. When he first arrived he needed lots of work, he overplayed at times, didnt cross it when he should, made errors etc. Now look a few seasons on, he's impressive, it takes time to settle in.

:lol: ! And whats your point? If your suggesting what I think your sugesting then I really do think you are clueless. Comparing Ronaldo to Pennant is like comparing Barcelona to Millwall. Yes ronaldo was frustrating at times last season and when he first arrived. But he still was producing dazzling performances and you could see he had bags of potential to be a very good player. The last three seasons Ronaldo has had a total of 18 assists to his name and 28 goals in total. This is the highest for any winger in Europe considering Ronaldo figured in very less number of starts in his alternate seasons. Also he got this stat inspite of United underachieving in the CL for the last three seasons.
Also Ronald joined us when he was 18 so of course he was not going to be the finished article. Can you come out list down the number of assists and goals Pennant got through out his entire lifetime as a footballer? I forgot three months were spent in prison.
At 23, Pennant should be producing the goods with no excuses as such like 'Ah hes a young boy he's still learning' otherwise you'll still be saying that by the time he is 30. Fact is he isnt a young boy anymore. If you think he is going to get better like Ronaldo then you are plainly stupid. You'd get my respect if you had just admitted it was the wrong move and a bad decision by the manager to go for him. Truth is Pennant is no better than richardson and richardson isnt fit to start to get into the starting line up for United. Arguments like yours are a fine example of something that can easily be discredited or proven wrong. Hence why I expect people to admit they are clearly wrong when they come with their feeble minded arguments or apologise for wasting my time.

Back
Top Bottom