Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Zenden best player at Boro? Isn't that like saying "the best smelling piece of shit".

As for glory hunting fans, where do you think all your fans came from in the 80's? There were plenty of Liverpool 'fans' at my school in Manchester. And anyway, the nature of a glory hunter is to follow the best team, and as antred stated, we've won nothing of note for 3 years so we shouldn't really have any glory hunters left. We've always had the most fans. Look at the attendances in the 70's. We had the highest average even when we were in the old 2nd division.

Every top team in the world has glory hunters some where in the world. Its a petty argument to have and is something liverpool fans have to clutch straws to. If anything, antred is your typical glory hunter, having to search back through the years to when liverpool won league titles and boasting about it instead of admitting his club has under achieved for the last 15 years domestically. Their constant stupid pathetic excuses of how many league titlels they won before the premiership existed and how long it took United to win a league title is nothing but childish playground talk. Its like a united fan bringing up the 90's to a chelsea fan of how many premiership trophies we won even though we have not won it for 3years in this era. While always trying to brag about how it took them 50years to win a title. The point is how successful is the team now , the current generation of players in the present. not what happened 10-20 years ago. Its pointless arguing with people like antred, they can never admit their team has come short so instead live in some fantasy 20 years ago about how good their team were and stubbornly resist facing questions about the current situation at Liverpool. Sad but true

Last edited by a moderator:

Pennant- He's been disapointing, but put in the most crosses last season
Finnan- Cant knock him, he's been great
Bellamy- Give him time, he'll come good
Zenden- Didnt he get Boro player of the year before he left?
Kewell - Wasnt he one of the best wingers in the prem before he left?
Fowler - The greatest finisher in the premier league

looking at some of these posts, it seems like players get turned into rubbish when they sign for Liverpool. Presumerably because Benitez doesn't have a clue and persists with rotation.

Fowler may very well be the best finisher in the premier league, but if he isn't playing, then what use is he? Benitez is a useless manager who doesn't know how to pick a team

I know you lot look like you're coming into form now, but you must be disappointed in the season so far. I had you down as the closest challengers to Chelsea before the season started.
You seem to have lost some of your defensive strength that you had last year, but your attack hasn't really got much better.

I know you lot look like you're coming into form now, but you must be disappointed in the season so far. I had you down as the closest challengers to Chelsea before the season started.
You seem to have lost some of your defensive strength that you had last year, but your attack hasn't really got much better.

To be fair i am disappointed. I expected much better BUT overall things are steadying themsleves. It only looks bad because of those five away losses, and i'd say that at both Chelsea, Everton and possibly Bolton we should have had something out of those games easily. We didnt perform at United at all (not taking anything away from you lot there BTW) and Arsenal we had fragile confidence.

On the positive side we have had to bed in Auriellio, Kuyt, Bellamy, Pennant, Agger, Gonzalez and even Zenden ( he missed all last year) which has affected the side, not to mention a few long term injuries (carra and riise first day, sissoko) and woefully out of form players in reina, Alonso, Gerrard, Risse, Carra and Bellamy and yet are home form is untouchable as is our european form having coasted through the CL groups.

So we are finding form, a bit late but finding it at last. I still think we need one or two faces, but Agger looks more settled now, bellamy seems to have got over his troubles, reina, gerrard and alonso have come back to form.

I dont mind debating us, the mancs, chelsea or anyone like that on here, what i do hate is pure vileness, pure hatred and insulting comments about people in general, just because they are from merseyside. thats not football, thats hatred.

TOUGH tie lads! You reckon you can stand up to the mighty Barcelona? I think you might be able to get the draw away?

Just draw away and then have the crowd score the winning goal at home. Sounds easy to me.

Why are Liverpool screwed Chelsea fan? Stop talking out of your ass.

Weren't they screwed when they drew Juventus and AC Milan a couple of years ago? You'll be alright. 0-0 at home then get an away goal.

I think it is curtains for Liverpool, I honestly do. The luck is not with them as it was when they won the champions league a few seasons back or FA cup last season. Barce are not Juve, neither AC milan who were just stupid in the final, taking their foot off the gas thinking they had won the match. I think Barce are going to diminish any hope liverpool harbour of any worthwile silver to ashes and dispatch them to an early exit.

Here is a quote from a big sweaty ginger liverpolian supporter dreaming of a fairy tale ending

Step forward Stevie lad your time has arrived - time to show you truly are world class

Rousing the lads when 3-0 down in Istanbul with nothing to lose against Kaka and co is gonna be remembered quite rightly for years to come but Ronaldhinio over 2 legs is a different kettle of fish.

Be in his face. Be quicker than him. Be prepared to match his football. Be prepared to ride some luck. Be strong and just believe.

Gerrard quicker than Ronaldinho! And able to match his football! :lol: And I read further something along the same lines of "We all know that when on form, we are better than Barca" The sheer drivel emanating forth from some fans amazes me. When was the last time liverpool was on form? And even if they do go on form, its always long balls and grinding out results from set pieces on par with chelsea's tactics along with the odd freak goal from gerrard, Alonso(sp) or Garcia.

Don't see why we can't beat Barca, Chelsea managed to get two good results against them.

Rafa will have us tactically prepared.

Don't see why we can't beat Barca, Chelsea managed to get two good results against them.

Rafa will have us tactically prepared.

Word. To be honest, i was glad we drew Barca. It's the dream matchup, pitting the last two champs against eachother, and seeing Stevie and Ronaldinho on the same pitch is going to be something to remember.

We had a rought start to the season, but the team is gaining momentum and the finishing is certainly miles better than it was earlier in the season. I think we'll give Barca a tough and physical game/s.

. . it should be interesting to see if Messi and Eto are back *gulp*

Yeah it will be a cracking 2 game, I don't really think we're that far from Barca, so the score will be tight. I just hope everybody will be healthy by that time. And yess, we will see both Messi and Eto'o. They just lost the World Cup Club Championships earlier today by Internacional.

The good thing for you guys is that if you do beat Barca, you have every right to be confident enough to win the competition from there.

I think it is curtains for Liverpool, I honestly do. The luck is not with them as it was when they won the champions league a few seasons back or FA cup last season. Barce are not Juve, neither AC milan who were just stupid in the final, taking their foot off the gas thinking they had won the match. I think Barce are going to diminish any hope liverpool harbour of any worthwile silver to ashes and dispatch them to an early exit.

Here is a quote from a big sweaty ginger liverpolian supporter dreaming of a fairy tale ending

Step forward Stevie lad your time has arrived - time to show you truly are world class

Rousing the lads when 3-0 down in Istanbul with nothing to lose against Kaka and co is gonna be remembered quite rightly for years to come but Ronaldhinio over 2 legs is a different kettle of fish.

Be in his face. Be quicker than him. Be prepared to match his football. Be prepared to ride some luck. Be strong and just believe.

Gerrard quicker than Ronaldinho! And able to match his football! :lol: And I read further something along the same lines of "We all know that when on form, we are better than Barca" The sheer drivel emanating forth from some fans amazes me. When was the last time liverpool was on form? And even if they do go on form, its always long balls and grinding out results from set pieces on par with chelsea's tactics along with the odd freak goal from gerrard, Alonso(sp) or Garcia.

You dont half post some crap.

What do you think of the new liverpool investers Antred? They seem like dictatorial anti-democratic kiddy fiddling child slavers to me. I guess the Prince heard what a load of crook's liverpool were and wanted to be part of it. Child slavery, thats a new low even for liverpolians.

Dubai's ruling family has been served with a class-action lawsuit in the United States accusing them of masterminding an international child slave trade to provide jockeys and attendants for the popular desert sport of camel-racing.

The suit names both Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, the crown prince of Dubai, and his brother, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al-Maktoum, as being "the most active participants" in the slave trade, which was described and denounced in a US State Department report on human trafficking last year.

According to the suit, as many as 30,000 boys from South Asia and Africa could have been victimised in what it calls "one of the greatest humanitarian crimes of the last 50 years".

"Because camel racing is extremely dangerous and arduous, especially for children," the suit says, "the Arab sheikhs would not make their own children jockeys and trainers. The sheikhs instead bought boys who had been abducted and trafficked across international boundaries and enslaved as young as two years old...

"The defendants robbed parents of their children and boys of their childhoods, their futures and sometimes their lives, for the craven purposes of entertainment and financial gain."

The suit identifies six families as plaintiffs in the suit, although it does not name them. The case is being brought under the Alien Tort Statute, which dates back 200 years but has become a popular means to redress wrongs taking place far outside the borders of the United States.

The suit was filed in federal court in Miami, because the Maktoums have vast horse farm holdings in Florida - part of a multi-billion dollar investment they have in the US, ranging from sporting pursuits to hotels, residential buildings, health care facilities and Dubai Ports World, the company that tried unsuccessfully to take over six leading US ports last year. I guess the Arab The prince heard what a load of crook's liverpool were and wanted to be part of it.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005932.htm

Maybe he'll start kidnapping scouse kids. Kidnapping's one thing but trying to get them to work is an entirely different matter.

Believe it. Its true, its been reported on other sites and newspapers. Your new Arab invester is a child slaver. no matter how much you want to discredit the links like a fool. You can't brush it under the carpet and pretend he hasn't done these dark deeds to get where he is today. But I guess a gloryhunting scum does not want to believe it just so long as he pours child slave money into the club your happy. Like gloryhunting whores who just want more titles as quickly as possible at what ever means necessary.

If its true what can you do? Theres nothing you, me or anyone else can do about it. period.

Football is corrupt wherever you look, its what clubs do to survive and make money, its been going on for years, especially since the premiership. We are headed for a european super league and once that happens its goodbye from me.

Im pretty sure LFC are sensible enough to not get into anything that would tarnish their image, whether they needed the money or not.

I think a few of you are running scared. LFC with REAL money to spend? That would be too frightening for the Mancs and Chelsea who have had things their own way in the world of high finance for way too long.

Like gloryhunting whores who just want more titles as quickly as possible at what ever means necessary.

Just sums you, your fans and your club up that line, well said.

Thats been the embodiment for manchester united for 13 years.

Just remember before you spout off your crap - your club sold its soul first when it became a PLC in pursuit of more money to finance big signings, to become a world superclub. And because of that you now have a dodgy owner who owes millions in debt. And because of that other clubs have had to go down this route to keep up. So for Chelsea, blame United. For Arsenal moving grounds blame United. For Liverpool seeking investors abroad, blame Manchester United.

because without whom, clubs wouldnt need to sell their souls and heritage to keep a level playing field.

I hope you understand that.

Just sums you, your fans and your club up that line, well said.

Thats been the embodiment for manchester united for 13 years.

Just remember before you spout off your crap - your club sold its soul first when it became a PLC in pursuit of more money to finance big signings, to become a world superclub. And because of that you now have a dodgy owner who owes millions in debt. And because of that other clubs have had to go down this route to keep up. So for Chelsea, blame United. For Arsenal moving grounds blame United. For Liverpool seeking investors abroad, blame Manchester United.

because without whom, clubs wouldnt need to sell their souls and heritage to keep a level playing field.

I hope you understand that.

So you expect people to believe all these takeovers, pitch expansions, tv deals are Manchester Uniteds fault? That really shows how childish and bitter you are. Most liverpool fans are like this so I don't know why I'm suprised. Your one sighted view of how everything is Uniteds fault for other teams improving and how its our fault for all these foriegn takeovers and is to blame for Liverpool now having a child slaver owner is pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Where to respond to such thoughtless crap is beyond me it really is. I'll let the others ridicule your post and have a good laugh at the same time.

So you expect people to believe all these takeovers, pitch expansions, tv deals are Manchester Uniteds fault? That really shows how childish and bitter you are. Most liverpool fans are like this so I don't know why I'm suprised. Your one sighted view of how everything is Uniteds fault for other teams improving and how its our fault for all these foriegn takeovers and is to blame for Liverpool now having a child slaver owner is pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Where to respond to such thoughtless crap is beyond me it really is. I'll let the others ridicule your post and have a good laugh at the same time.

Mate we could write the amount of football knowledge you know on a matchbox son, you havent got a clue. Im also willing to bet you wernt even around when the old first division (yes thats before premier league) was being played, otherwise you would be able to see the massive difference in football in the eighties and football in the ninties.

Its got nothing to do with being bitter at all, why would i be bitter exactly, we have a better record than you! :)

Hurts doesnt it to know your club started the slow killing of football in this country.

Oh if you dont believe me ask Mr Runedge, he's level headed, ask him what started the ball rolling.

Mate we could write the amount of football knowledge you know on a matchbox son, you havent got a clue. Im also willing to bet you wernt even around when the old first division (yes thats before premier league) was being played, otherwise you would be able to see the massive difference in football in the eighties and football in the ninties.

Its got nothing to do with being bitter at all, why would i be bitter exactly, we have a better record than you! :)

Hurts doesnt it to know your club started the slow killing of football in this country.

Really! I admit I was not into football back then. football is not my life its something I enjoy like fine red wine. My fondest memories have nothing to do with football or what happened 20years ago. Yes I clearly understand United were one of the first english clubs to finaince a deal with broadcasting company BskyB, but I do not agree that it started all these takeovers where foriegn mega rich billionaires are pouring their dodgy money into the clubs today. Back then when that takeover deal came into effect it gave us the oppotunity to buy big players but it didnt unbalance the transfer market as to compare to what ambromovich is doing now. Other clubs in spain and Italy were guilty as United in spending big. I would say Abromivich was pivotal in this takeover monopoly in the fact he showed you can make a club successful if you invest and pour endless amounts of blood money into it and turn it into a vessal for business.

But It is really quite boring you bringing up this first division before the premeir league began rubbish. Again its going back to you bringing up history all the time. Don't you realise its boring bringing up this up, no one remembers or cares about those black and white matches in the past with old fogies passing it around with a ball bigger than their head. You really sound like some shrivelled up bitter old man where you only want fans who can say 'I went to City away in 79' or 'I've not missed one in 65 years' or 'I couldn't go to me own dad's funeral because we had a cup game back in '82'. Unless your not like yourself, who brings up the past all the time then as far your concerned your not a true fan because you don't know as much history of how it was back in the 80's or 70's.

Quite frankly Im tired of your ridiculous condescending posts, calling people 'kiddies'(yes I'm sure you hope we are). You need to realise there is more to life than being a miserable old mong who likes to bring up 20 ago to remind people of 'the good old days' and perpetuate this myth that to be a proper fan you have to have knowledge of history going back into ancient times. its 2006 now enjoy it, well try to enjoy it. So go easy with your 'I bet you don't remeber 1945 when we won the war' badge of honour bile.

You dont half post some crap.

he's right with this though, Barcelona are a completely different team to anything you got by on your way to Istanbul.

you've got lucky because they probably won't have Eto'o and might not have Messi/Saviola, but, and this is probably the biggest BUT possible, you're gonna play them right as Ronaldinho hits top form. He's coming back to it now, the signs are there, and he'll keep getting better and better. Gerrard won't be able to live with him, and neither will anyone else, so basically...you're screwed.

but don't worry, cause we'll find some way to lose against Lille, it's just our way

Back
Top Bottom