Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

What a funny old game, I swear we were cruising at one point it's like we'll batter you first and get a head start then we'll let you get back in the game as a goodwill gesture. It’s an improvement at least after the shambles we saw on Sunday nice vintage finish from the skipper though.

kobashi said:
I am a livepool fan that agree's with you mate. Cisse was our best striker. honestly yeah he has his faults but if Rafa would of gave the guy a chance and some genuine backing he could of been a hit for us.

he was wasted on the RW and he still scored more goals than crouch and morientes.

trust Rafa will see for himself how Cisse does this season once he starts banging in the goals for Marseille.

Also getting rid of Sinama Pongelle was another mistake if you ask me. he was another player who was never given a fair chance.

Fowler was signed just for the fans. i don't think Rafa has any plan to play him. Pennant was signed as Rafa didnt want to spend the money on Alves.

in Jan we probably gonna sign Lucas Neil. what a joke!!

Cisse was better than Morientes, Morientes only scores in Spain, half the time he's injured for us.

If Fowler was signed for the fans, why wasn't Owen? Obviously Real raised his price, now Newcastle have him and he's injured, that would be a downfall to us if we signed him.

Proves that Benitez isn't signing the right players for a club with potential, he's merely wasting it on players thinking they'll do good because they score here and there.

I think that the players can only be suited to the type of football they play and not the way Rafa expects them in the Premiership.

Last edited:

I would much rather Real met L'pool than Man United. They are classes apart. L'pool just look like an average top 8 team to me - very overrated.

Sabac Red said:
Good result and a much better attitude from the players.

Good to see Kuyt & Crouch scoring.

Good to see a 442 formation being used, surely Rafa must see thats much better than that 451 bollocks!

Sublime finishes from Crouch and Kuyt. Gerrard seemed to have more of an impact as he drifted into the middle, made some breathtaking diagonal long balls too.

... And we're off to the next CL round :)

What's with Garcia asking to be subbed after scoring the second goal? Gerrard's was pure luck :) First goal was superb technique. Good thing Fernando lost his cool because at that time, Bordoax was on to us.

I was just thinking about that incident and what if that happened to Robben or Ronaldo they would of dived, rolled, cried, fainted and then played dead. Credit to Riise for not making a meal of it. What a c**t Fernando is though, completely unnecessary.

Some ppl lose it sometimes, good thing it's not one of us :)

Yeah Ronaldo would've done a "Play Dead" trick, like he's been shot at the head .. Robben would've "danced in the air" trick before falling down like a dead bird :(

Has the constant whinging from the mickeys finally got to Rafa...??

Rafael Benitez's agent has claimed the Liverpool manager would consider leaving Anfield for a post abroad.

The Spaniard has continually reiterated his commitment to Liverpool but speculation linking him with a move elsewhere - particularly Real Madrid - has often resurfaced.

Now the agent Manuel Garcia Quilon has been quoted as saying the former Valencia boss could be tempted by an Italian club.

Quoted in The Sun, Quilon said: "Benitez is a coach ideally suited to to Italy and the country's style of football and he is one of the best three coaches in the world.

"If he gets an interesting offer from a club with a serious project, he will certainly consider it.

"Yes, in this case he could even leave Liverpool."

Benitez joined Liverpool from Valencia in 2004 and has since won the Champions League and the FA Cup with the Premiership club.

... and Sissoko is out for 3 months ............. shit ...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=390772&cc=4716

But not too worried cause that'll enable Gerrard to move to CM where he thrives and adding 2 true wingers to the starting lineup :)

.. just hope that Zenden isn't included, he plays like sh*t these days, though I can't blame him since he hasn't played regularly so no rhytm.

I wonder what kind of ploy Rafa's agent is doing here ?

UPDATE:
Rafa rebuffs the rumors
http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=4644

Last edited:

RAFA.jpg

credit kitster at rawk

Greetings "RED" brothers...

I'm also a HUGE fan of LFC and member of the "Official LFC GR Supporters' club"...

I'm helping some PES6 modification groups and making them EPL teams' kits.
NATURALLY... my FIRST kits were the LIVERPOOL ones! Hehehe...

Anyway... this fellow "dragon2ply" around this forum, is a Greek fellow too. He's asking me to find him, LIVERPOOL FC FAN's TUNES/SONGS in AUDIO version! You know, "Ste Gerrard, Gerrard...", "You'll never walk allow..." and the rest!
DO YOU PEOPLE, ANY OF YOU, have such audio matterial, probably recorded from Anfield Road???
PLEASE! If you own such files, please send them to me, PM them to me or post a link here to take them... I'm ALSO need them too!!! I want to add them in the PES6!

Cheers mates and let's hope we CRASH Arsenal tomorrow!

Rafa's out of his mind now. That was a DISGUSTING game by Liverpool. Period.

Gerrard poor, Carragher should've been sent off, no guile, no spirit, chasing shadows all day. Poor poor Liverpool fans, absolutely shocking display.

we havent beaten arsenal, manu or chelsea in the league (home or away) for a long time now.

when hollier was in charge we won these type of matches.

This mess might have something to do with that YELLOW shirt they're wearing for away games. Can't they find something better to wear? It makes my eyes sore :(

Gee lads...
I never saw, a good (!) game by LFC - yes, we DID play well - destoyed SO MUCH, by Rafa's player-choises and... his HUGE mistake of using ALL the time, the two center-backs (Hyipia & Garrager). These two lads, are TOTALY "BURNED"!!!
They're STILL playing - NON-STOP! - since August 2004, when LFC was start playing fro the EPIC Champions League FINALS of 2005...
The guys - Hyipia & Garrager - are TOTALY tirred!
The team CLOSED ALL ARSENAL's "lines" for scoring; Henry was TOTALY "gone" from the middle-fielders, he couldn't find a way to deploy; V. PERSY... where was he? Our lines "closed" him too...
BUT... ALL ARSENAL's goals came from OUR CENTER of defence! Did you saw them carrefully - the goals? In ALL THREE goals, the center of our defence was "gone"!
In the first one, 3 players COULDN'T STOP the guy - and HE WAS OFFSIDE TOO! (were tirred and waiting the first half's end whistle-sound).
In the second... there was a HUGE "HOLE" of 6 yards between Hyipia & Garrager! A SLOW - not EVEN FAST - through-pass, cut in two our defence line!
In the third goal... WHAT EXACTLY did our defence??? Hyipia was 3-4 yeards OUTSIDE the small (goalkeeper) square-area, Riise was... STANDING STEEL doing nothing - not covering any area (that's why GERRARD was YELLING to him so much!), Garrager was SO "crach-tirred" and COULDN'T follow an opponent... and GALLAS was TOTALY ALONE, in the MIDDLE of our defence!
HOW STUPID Rafa is, to using the VERY SAME players, for ALMOST 2 years in the row??? What the F**K we buying SUBs for??? To... cleaning the pench? To sheating and watching the games from close distance?
Rafa put in the game Agger, AFTER HE WAS LOOSING by three goals!
And... he put STEVIE G. in his possition (center) and PENNANT on the right, when he SHOULD START THE F**KING GAME with THIS FORMATION!
And... the "tall-guy" (Crouch) wasn't in his best performance... He FOUGHT well in the top of LFC offence, but he COULDN'T yesterday to play as he does...

Generally... if Rafa was USING in all the "easy" games, the REST CENTER-BACKS (if he THINKS he DOESN'T have some good ones, LET'S talk to the Chair-man AND BUY SOME!), if Rafa was RESTING enough Hyipia & Garrager,... we WOULDN'T loose yesterday.
Perhaps we WOULDN'T won aswell, but we WOULDN'T loose also!

(And that's makes me MAD about that, is the fact that WE PLAY REALLY WELL in the first half and the 15 first minutes of the second... while ARSENAL wasn't in a GOOD PERFORMANCE night!...)

Also... We are quite unlucky, to have 3 SERIOUS/IMPORTANT games AS VISITORS with rivals teams, in the FIRST period of the League!

Anyway... We'll MEET them again in ANFIELD!

L'pool really are the most overrated team in the Premiership! :lol:

Don't think so! The team is using the VERY SAME players, for years, with NO REST!

And... consurning of "OVERRATED TEAM"... check YOURS (REAL MADRID!) first!
Even my beloved RAUL, your CAPTAIN & "flag" of the team, WANTS TO LEAVE Real Madrid!
Real Madrid SUCKS... for OVER 6-8 years by now!
Even with these fine players' transffers, REAL's sucks big time...

So... critic first YOUR (!) OVERRATED team and then you can talk about others!

And... I don't THINK that THIS Real Madrid, could EVER "TURN OVER" a LOST game (0-3) to an epic draw (3-3) and FINALY WON the 5th Champions League Cup in Penalties... LIKE WE DID last year - May of 2005!

Real Madrid COULDN'T even won easily... Olympiakos Pereaus (the Greek champs, from a PATHETIC league!)

So.. my good Madrid fan, go and help your SO RICH team to FINALY... CREATE a team (and not a... VIP gathering!) and then come back and critic LFC!

Cheers... and no hard feelings I hope.

Back
Top Bottom