Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Oh for a return to 3pm....

....and marukomu - cheap jibes - you should know better....

Saw one of their friendlies and Mark Gonzalez bagged 2, the result 2-1, Lincoln City scored from FK but can't remember who, Rafa was there, Fowler was, not the starting XI as to International matches with England, Wales etc.

I saw the Alonso Goal vs Newcastle on widescreen :lmao: Rocket Man.

Last edited:

Moroccan striker Nabil El Zhar is confident he can be a success at Anfield after completing his move from St Etienne.

The 20 year old played for the reserves in their 4-1 defeat to Newcastle last night in a game which saw Robbie Fowler net for the Reds.

El Zhar, who was born in France but has opted to represent Morocco at international level, came to prominence during last year's World Youth Championships where he helped his country reach the semi-finals of the competition before they were knocked out by Brazil.

Having decided to bring an end to his career with St Etienne, he's now hopeful of forcing his way into Rafael Benitez's Anfield plans.

He said: "St Etienne offered me a professional deal but I waited before signing it because I was unconvinced it was in my best interests to stay.

"When we came back for pre-season training I came back with the seniors, but they weren't really expecting me.

"So I preferred to pack my suitcases and go somewhere where I'd have a long-term future, that's to say Liverpool.

"They are a big club, but I'm convinced I've made the right decision to sign for them. I'm aiming on making a name for myself here. It's my intention to play in the first team eventually. I want to prove myself, make a name for myself and, if I do that, my chances will come here."

Who the fuck and what the hell?!

He's living in Cuckoo land if he thinks he'll become first choice.

Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch, Luis Garcia, Fowler...

But then again, i might be made to eat my hat if he turns out to be the next phenomenon.

too early to tell. Pennant has been good, except sometimes he does all the hard work and then fucks it up by trying to nutmeg someone else:roll: Much like the much loved Portuguese winger over in Manchester. He's already provided several assists already. He just needs to learn to be more effecient with his use of the ball.

Bellamy is trying to hard. I just worry that he's out for himself. He seems to be trying to compete with Kuyt on the field! Shame because it showed early promise. But can we afford to leave out Crouchogoal?

I don't think we're using Bellamy for his strengths. I like him when hes running at people and commiting defenders.

Regarding El Zhar...i signed him on a Coventry FM i had a few months back, i was like 5 seasons in, he was fucking amazing.

kevano22 said:
Regarding El Zhar...i signed him on a Coventry FM i had a few months back, i was like 5 seasons in, he was fucking amazing.

hmm....I suspect a certain Mr Benitez did the same :D

So far this season, things have been so-so...I kinda expected that we were gonna have a slow start - and things will gradually build up. Winning the european cup on your first season does make your job a lot harder - but that doesn't mean that we should lower our expectations and that. Not entirely convinced by Bellamy and Pennant yet....hopefully the Wales captaincy will sort out Bellamy's attitude tho.

Last edited:

Looked around the web and some Liverpool Supporters seem to be a bit nervous about where we are in the Premiership. I don't think there is any reason to be nervous about not being able to come top.

YNWA :thumbup:

Last edited:

Liverpool are like England - you never know what team will turn up on the day.

That is all. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol: When a team start signing asbo trouble makers like pennant and bellamy who spend more time in court and jail than on the pitch, then you know the team has dropped their standards.

El Diego said:
Liverpool are like England - you never know what team will turn up on the day.

That is all. :lol:

Yeh, we haven't shown much potential yet, even though it's the start of the season. :-k

Last edited:

Seriously mate can you reduce the size of your sig it really takes the piss!

Metallica said:
Any of you Pool fans thinking that the signings of Bellamy and Pennant just arent good enough for the club ?

I said it in the summer that i didnt understand how Rafa was so quick to git rid of cisse and replace him with Bellamy.

there is no way bellamy is better than cisse. not convinced by bellamy at all!

kobashi said:
I said it in the summer that i didnt understand how Rafa was so quick to git rid of cisse and replace him with Bellamy.

there is no way bellamy is better than cisse. not convinced by bellamy at all!

Cisse is a lot better than Bellamy, with Bellamy's money we could have had a better striker, I guess Rafa liked him for his chances at goal. :-k I think we could have had a decent signing like Saviola, let's face it Saviola dosen't have a temper and he can score more than Bellamy, generally Saviola over Bellamy, Mind you we have Kuyt and he hasn't turned out like he does at Feyenoord.

CWright said:
Seriously mate can you reduce the size of your sig it really takes the piss!

That any better mate? :thumbup:

Last edited:

Apocalypse_God said:
Mind you we have Kuyt and he hasn't turned out like he does at Feyenoord.

what? he scores 2 in 6, thats almost 1 every 2 games, and considerng he's playing in a new league, and ooh, now hes injured.

Bellamy IS better than Cisse.

What Peter said on Kuyt^^^

The guy is our best striker, he just needs
to stop hitting the goal frame a little less...

Bellamy is better player than Cisse, Cisse had a poor
first touch, couldn't time his runs(This annoyed Rafa
in training let alone in a match)
, cross and
most importantly couldn't finish especially on
1-V-1. The goals will start flowing for Bellamy.

Pennant will mature alot better as the season goes on.

Ditto Reina, it seems alot of the goals we've conceaded
has had to do with poor defending and his poor positioning.

Bellamy had a fantastic game last night. Starting to show why Rafa wants him in the team.

Really chuffed for Peter Crouch, from the Championship (reserves sometimes) to 2nd in the Champions League scoring charts!

el zhar is not a striker , he's a winger . a nice talent . I hope he'll work well in liverpool and , why not , have some first team caps next season before the olympic games .

These games are always huge but with us being where we are in he table at the mo it makes it even more important that we get a result today

another game with poor passing. too many long balls and negative system. we neeed to win today and Rafa goes with 1 upfront. got crouch on the bench and no bellamy so no pace to stretch the utd defence.

our title race is over already. how depressing!!

United were far better than you lot today. L'pool title contenders? No chance.

Liverpoo are goig to be battling it out with the likes of Fulham, newcastle and tottenham for UEFA cup places this season. What a shit overrated team, that dont even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Man United. Scallywag scumbags.

Liverpool were poor today...why? Its because the signings we made were no better than what we already had, Benitez will not stay with a settled team and he also plays negative away from home. I agree that Liverpool this season will be fighting it out for UEFA Cup spot with the way it is going....yes very depressing indeed!!

Back
Top Bottom