Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

oh btw. Arsenal all over United. Come on you arse! Rescue something for us.

United lucky gilberto slipped. A couple of off the line clearances too

I have to say were not getting the bounce so far this season. We've hit the woodwork five times in three games, had a few blatent pens turned down so far while the likes of the blueshite scored deflected goals and get pens for headers.

Not unlucky, just not good enough.

This squad rotation needs to stop, Benitez
has to drop someone from the middle and play
with two proper wingers.

Kuyt has been impressive so far, his goal will come.

Zenden is shite.

Sabac Red said:
Not unlucky, just not good enough.

This squad rotation needs to stop, Benitez
has to drop someone from the middle and play
with two proper wingers.

Kuyt has been impressive so far, his goal will come.

Zenden is shite.

or this unlucky talk doesnt stick with me also. drawing to sheffield utd is not good enough. losing 3-0 to everton! why did we sign gonzalez? kewell is injured but rafa never plays him.

why the hell did pennant not try and beat cole today? he was 1 vs 1 so many times.

if we don't win 2 next games i really worry for us. we are not scoring goals.

anyway at least marsielle are winning.. :)

its a mixture of being unlucky, and not upto scratch.

We've brought in alot of new players into the fold, they need the gel. This isn't helped by Benitez changing everything. At the moment, my first 11 would be: Stick with it for a few games.

Reina

Finnan
Carra
Agger
Warnock

Pennant
Gerrard
Momo
Gonz/Aurelio

Kuyt
Bellamy/Crouch

Alonso isn't playing well enough atm. He only got into the game when Ballack was sent off. In all fairness he did ping the ball about nicely once he had more space. He just seems a tad slow, and his positioning and reactions are off a bit.

the fixture computer hasn't really been kind to us either. 4 games played in the premiership and three of them have been away, against Chelsea and Everton in particular. Oooh and away to PSV, who are notoriously difficult to beat at the Phillips Stadion.

I'm confident we will win against Newcastle, despite their good result today.

We weren't bad today. Poor finishing let us down, we DID create chances, and we defended excellently. We were denied a blatant penalty and hit the woodwork. And chelsea's backline sat deep for the whole of the game (thats when we need gerrard in the middle, to pop long shots at Cech)

Peter Eyres said:
its a mixture of being unlucky, and not upto scratch.

We've brought in alot of new players into the fold, they need the gel. This isn't helped by Benitez changing everything. At the moment, my first 11 would be: Stick with it for a few games.

Reina

Finnan
Carra
Agger
Warnock

Pennant
Gerrard
Momo
Gonz/Aurelio

Kuyt
Bellamy/Crouch

Alonso isn't playing well enough atm. He only got into the game when Ballack was sent off. In all fairness he did ping the ball about nicely once he had more space. He just seems a tad slow, and his positioning and reactions are off a bit.

the fixture computer hasn't really been kind to us either. 4 games played in the premiership and three of them have been away, against Chelsea and Everton in particular. Oooh and away to PSV, who are notoriously difficult to beat at the Phillips Stadion.

I'm confident we will win against Newcastle, despite their good result today.

We weren't bad today. Poor finishing let us down, we DID create chances, and we defended excellently. We were denied a blatant penalty and hit the woodwork. And chelsea's backline sat deep for the whole of the game (thats when we need gerrard in the middle, to pop long shots at Cech)

lets be honest though, it wasnt till ballack got sent off that we started pushing chelsea back. i glad rafa went with two upfront as i didnt think he had the guts to do it to be honest! I really hope rafa sticks with Kuyt and Bellamy. he needs to try and create a partnership rather than keep playing strikers 1 game then dropped the next.

i find our passing can be too slow! would like too see us move the ball quicker. be more slick!

I don't normally make many comments about Liverpool on these threads but gonna make one today. Liverpool are not going to win the Premier this season. I knew this before a ball was kicked as even though I thought our signings were good, they are not great. To win the Premier your side needs to be great. Rafa tinkers too much for my liking. This may win you a cup but not a premier league. Still love Rafa though and hope a cup again comes to Anfield as that is the best we can hope for. My prediction for where will finish in the Premier is 4th.

you dont need 11 world class players to win the league you need a good blend of world class, reliables and grafters.

yes thats why we knocked you out of the FA cup in normal time, won the charity shield in normal time, ooh and also knocked you out of the Champions League in normal time, over TWO legs

:)

watching the match live on setanta sports alonso shot a missle:shock: (If I was that GK I`ll get a face lift) he does this once every season....so what excuses does bellamy have missing 1 on 1 5yrd out

edit: there was at least 5 miss penalty not giving

Last edited:

There is summat about Liverpool Vs Newcastle games aint there

What a goal from Alonso, 9 out of 10 times he does it in training.

Finally after more hard work Kuyt scores.

Have to feel for the keeper though.

First game in, he slips and lets that goal in!

Poor bastard.

Nickybaker said:
Have to feel for the keeper though.

First game in, he slips and lets that goal in!

Poor bastard.

Could be his last game too ;)

Isn't he Newcastle's longest serving player?

If Bramble can fuck up all season, i can't see how they can relegate Harper to the bench for a slip... But then again, the Magpies do some strange things..

Loving Kuyt's industry. The guy must go through like 20-30 boots a season. Non stop running!

I wanna know how Babayaro stayed on the pitch while chinning Kuyt at a free kick in the first half!!!!!!!!

antred said:
I wanna know how Babayaro stayed on the pitch while chinning Kuyt at a free kick in the first half!!!!!!!!

His family is used to being hit actually. When Dirk was born, the doctor slapped his mother:lol:

Pretty ballsy effort from Alonso, though no way should that of gone in, it was like waist height for the keeper. Oh well, guess its always worth a try!

Back
Top Bottom