Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Its hard to say this but I think Rafa picked the wrong team for the job yesterday. Putting Carra back in after a few weeks out was a big gamble and Hyypia also looked off his game. Its gonna be another one of those seasons

you guys shouldn't forget how much chances liverpool created , hit the bar and how often everton shoot on goal, 3 times for 2 goals before the reina blackout, losing this game 0-3 is the definiton of bad luck. gerrard alone had chances for 3-4 goals.

the perfect opportunity to redeem themselves. Simple.

It was a strange game. Everton took their chances, got all the decisions but a good victory for them none the less. Rafa did get the team selection wrong.

Carragher was a gamble, Riise was an even bigger gamble. Agger was playing well, why drop him?

Crouch and Fowler upfront was a strange choice. Crouch maybe, considering he was on form, but we had millions of pounds worth of pace and power on the bench.

Spawn_68 said:
you guys shouldn't forget how much chances liverpool created , hit the bar and how often everton shoot on goal, 3 times for 2 goals before the reina blackout, losing this game 0-3 is the definiton of bad luck. gerrard alone had chances for 3-4 goals.

exactly

don't think the performance was as bad as the scoreline suggests, bit like the 4-1 defeat against the rentboys last season, we made stupid mistakes and were punished for all of them

everton worked hard as is always expected in this game but they didn't look like causing us too many problems and everything was more or less self inflicted, we created some decent chances but apart from the saves from garcia & kuyt we didn't work howard enough despite hitting the post a couple of times

could easily have had a penalty or 2 as well, they weren't definate appeals but i've seen ones given in similar circumstances recently, hyypia should've gone down like he'd been shot when yobbo was all over him (a la john terry v blackburn) and the handball by hibbert was a bit dodgy but it was a clearer pen than the one given away by watford when the ball clearly struck the defender in the face

Benetiz tinkers too much, bit like how ranieri was with chelsea. Rotation rarely leaves a good effect on players as they get frustrated and dont get into a rythem as they would if they were consistently in the team. I think if Benetiz had a best squad that he felt would get results and stuck to that team then I tihnk liverpool could do better. But the results in the league so far are a reflection of the uncertaintly in the team, as players dont know whether they are coming or going. Btw crouch and fowler up front has got to be the worst partnership, why the hell did you buy Kunt and Bellbender for if you dont play them.

Last edited by a moderator:

fishcake said:
Easter monday at the shit pit
Blue scum crying what a sight
Walking wounded, gaping gashes
Left by Gary Mac the knife

Twisted faces spitting venom
Season tickets torn to shreds
Smashed up bus stops, housewives beaten
As reds lay wanking in their beds

Round to my house all the boys came
We wont go that pit no more
Woke the kids up doin the conga
At twenty five past fucking four

Two were hanging from the lampshade
Another clung to the curtain pole
I got my head stuck in the ceiling
When Gary scored that fucking goal

Oh what a party what a scoreline
I've never been so fucking pissed
Andrew Lloyd Webber, Walt fucking Disney
Couldnt have wrote a better script

Crying bastards chipped up arseholes
Wondering why all round the ground
You disrespected the minutes silence
So boy what goes round comes around

You are the pimple on our arseholes
You're the shite between our toes
You're the skidmarks in our undies
And the bogies up our nose

On the front of every programme
Kenwright productions proudly present
A puppet show for all the children
Every Saturday at 3 pm

Now im so happy im doin strange things
Last night I even kissed the wife
Said excuse me when I farted
Because of Gary Mac the kniiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

Watched the game on saturday
Red scousers cried in their beer
Another shitty performance
No premiership title this year

As Johnson put in the third goal
I was having the time of my life
They cut through you're sluggish defending
Jusy like Gary Mac the kniiiiiiiiife:D

lol love your avi fishcake I take it you know the story behind that banner, quality!!

cracked up laughing at saturdays result but ive gotta say every goal had some sort of foul leading up to it...

its just one defeat. chelsea have also lost and i expect the mancs to lose one or two when they start getting a few tougher fixtures.

long way to go yet.

if we loose against Chelsea and/or Newcastle or Spurs, then we will have to be at 100% for the rest of the season to stay up at the top!

I'm confident. As long as we use our new players, with Gerrard in the middle where he should be, and keep a consistent team selection (rotating only when needed)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
lol love your avi fishcake I take it you know the story behind that banner, quality!!

yeah know all about it

she'll be hoping for a repeat performance on sunday ;)

fishcake said:
yeah know all about it

she'll be hoping for a repeat performance on sunday ;)

lol I'd pay to be in the players lounge after that game, especially when they go to anfield...

i creased up when my pals from liverpool told me, i knew ********* dad was rum but that takes the cake!!

Whats up with the starting lineup?

I'll reserve judgement until the final whislte ;)

but no Gerrard, Alonso. And Warnock in midfield, Zenden up front..etc

at least we get to see Kuyt

Kuyt is awesome.

so comftable on the ball. A great all round player.

If only Gerrard's effort was one inch to the right, and that would of made a it a perfect european result.

Agger is ready to replace Hyppia.

Pennant cut inside a bit too much, but a great first half, tired in the second half.

What'up guy!! any news about you lineup ??crouch/Fowler or bellamy/Kuijt?? i have to say I'd prefer the first one ;) (even if Crouch is a real threat for any defence)what about Gerrard?on the right ??in the middle??

Judging on previous games Rafa will probably put Gerrard on the right with Xabi & Momo in the middle, with Garcia playing a more central role just behind Crouch.

Mate I said the same thing, look on top of page. Thats why you aint winning games consistently. I ask the same questons about Crank Bellbender and Dirt Kunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh no!!! No Luis Garcia please!!!he always scores against us!!:(
and i think it's too early to rotate players now,at the beginning of a season teams needs to settle with news signings,etc...

fair play to Chelsea, they were excellent in defence. A rare sight to see Chelsea throw everyone into their own half, at home.

Can we please just play Gerrard in the middle with Sissoko for now. Alonso is still way off form. Zenden was an odd substitution. He doesn't have the pace anymore to play on the wing, and he definatley isnt a CM. He plays best just off the stiker, ala Garcia.

I would of took Pennant off and put Gonzales on, he had plenty of chances to do something, and didn't. Put plenty of effort in though.

Lets hope Arsenal get something out of the Old Trafford game, which I SERIOUSLY DOUBT. But hey maybe this is a chance for Arsenal to click back into gear.

FFS, liverpool were all over them in the second half, and were just about the better team in the 1st aswell. Agree with the rotation, you can just see that the players cant "feel" what the other players are gonna do and because of that have to look before they pass and the speed goes out of the attack. As for chelsea, well they really did look ordinary and look like they dont have the balance in the team because of sveva and ballack. Great to see robben have a dive as usual, really miss that when he doesnt play :(

Back
Top Bottom