Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

wasn't looking forward to tonights game but we're looking comfortable at half time, i would've been happier if we'd put 1 or 2 chances away though, if it's still 0-0 after 80 minutes my arse will be twitching

this is stressful. They will break the offside trap again. Hypia is sooo slow.

they are linking up well and playing neat passes in the final third, I don't think I've ever seen us try that in the last two seasons. It works! Defenders cant handle quick movement.

Last edited:

pretty comfortable after crouch scored apart from the last few minutes but it shouldn't have gone that far as we had the chances to finish them off

at least my arse has stopped twitching now ;)

Agger was great again today. A replacement for Hyppia, soon no doubt.

I think we've been hyped up a bit too much, but if the players truly believe it, we have to start proving it.

We still havent played our best lineup.

I'm hoping for a nice confidence boosting peformance, and win against West Ham, with the new boys doing well, and people like Gerrard starting to move into next gear. In the 2 or 3 games I've seen Pennant play, he's been awesome.

Last edited:

We need to stop effing about with formations and the lineup again. Rafa did this last yera at the begining and we were kak. We need a settled core of 7 or 8 players again and take it from there.

It was the only worry i had when we went out and signed a lot of better quality players, that rafa would rotate more. This aint la liga.

Apologies for being slightly off-topic. Do any of you guys have good stats for Paletta and Agger? My ML team has obviously got no defensive backup now that Traoré is gone. And what a great start he made for Charlton, arf! £2m, cheers.

Looking foward to Kuyt debut tomorrow. He's widely tipped to start.

Even if he doesn't have an exceptional game, people shouldn't write him off too quickly.

Oh shame. And people were raving that liverpool were going to be serious title contenders lol.

I think premiership defences will be scared of your attack. Especially Kuyt. Fuck me... look at him! I'm scared already.

Him and Crouch are like Oddbod and Oddbod junior from 'Carry on screaming'. :shock:

Alucard said:
Oh shame. And people were raving that liverpool were going to be serious title contenders lol.

Yeah I know, theres still time for a comeback, Kyut is on the bench, but I wouldn't have money on them for the title, lets see how man u do later, I think it could be there season.

Liverpool 2 West Ham 1
D Agger 42 mins Bobby Zamora 12 mins
P Crouch 45 mins

HT

Half time

what a goal from Agger! apparently. I aint seen it, but the description paints a good picture.

Kuyt is on the bench. Bellamy and Crouch upfront. We've bossed the game, Zamoras goal was against the run of play.

Very impressed with Kuyt!

Agger is gonna be Hyypias replacement, the guy looks solid and able to carry the ball up the pitch

Agger will be something special. I remember reading a something a while back, when we signed him, from a danish guy who said Agger had a piledriver of a left-footed shot on him :D

I've heard various complimentary remarks about Kuyt from dutch guys too. Not only is he a threat up front, but from the sounds of todays performance, he has great link up play. This is evident in his assists talley at Feyenoord.

kuyt was exceptional today for a debutant. I was at the game and his movement was first rate. one minute he would be in the box, then picking it up wide, then he'd be deep lying behind the striker with link up play, looks very good.

we should have won by more but people forget we are still bedding in new faces, Agger,Auriello,Bellamy, Kuyt, Pennant and Gonzales.

Just seen the highlights, and I was very impressed with our attacking play. And Kuyt was really lively. Play with that desire and hunger (which I hear he's got, great stanima and work rate) everygame and he will take the premiership by storm.

One concern is the defensive lapses. But we've brought in new defenders, and have had to make changes in all of our games this season. With time I think they will become very competent. Aurelio impressed me today. Probably a better left winger than a defender, but hey..

Great goals yesterday but more importantly a vital three points especially since next month is going to be tough with the teams we have to play bitters, chavs and bolton away, barcodes and spurs home etc. There's a rumour around Anfield that Lucas Neil is very likely to sign for us this week for around £2M. Personally I’ve never rated him and dislike him even more for what he did to Carra and he picks up too many bookings. What do you lads think?

Great performance, yes Agger is something special that won't be the last time we see him do something like that.

Our strikeforce is looking mean Crouch is off the mark real early, Kuyt impressed me too that flick for Bellamy's offside goal was class.

Yeah the defence lapses are a problem we've been cut open easily in the last three games. On Neill I think he is a good player but i'd rather see another central midfielder be brought in, Malbranque is available for as little as nothing...?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom