Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Pennant will do well at liverpool. He was Birminghams most dangerous player last year and caused us problems. With the right mentality and guidance, playing with quality players in a quality setup the lad can shine.

Some friendly coming up this week, here’s were you can watch them for free...

Today - FC Kaiserslautern 4:30pm kick-off (Eurosport)

Tuesday - Grasshopper Club Zurich 4:00pm kick-off (Five UK)

Friday - FSV Mainz 05 7:30pm kick-off (DSF, German sports channel on Astra 19.2° East)

aye weird game, but Rafas still playing the youngsters and gradually introducing more senior players to the side. its a shame - we would have won that game but for the mistakes by hobbs, its unfortunate for the lad. Seeing reina in midfield was a laugh and Bellamys shot deffo crossed the line. i have to say Paletta, Aureillo, bellamy and Pennant looked great and Sissoko and Zenden were handy too.

yep, shit camera angle though.

Whats the biz with Fowler comin off then back on?!

what an odd game, with a wank first half

kevano22 said:
Whats the biz with Fowler comin off then back on?!
Garcia took a nock so Fowler replaced him and unfortunately Aurelio is injured as well.

...I know we've been playing shit teams but Paletta has been immense - tough, skilful, good in the air, no-nonsense Argentinean, pretty much like Ayala and Heinze.

I'm happy we got Pennant, nice set up yesterday.

Now we need a striker hopefully we won't get
fucked over trying to sign someone like kuyt.

Reina played outfield for us on Saturday Vs Kaiserslautern

reinaoutfieldwa5.jpg

reinaoutfield1cm0.jpg

He wasnt too bad, definately not our wost player on the day anyway

I remember Molina playing as a LMF for Spain once, it was a WC qualifier and our coach had blown it with the substitutions, so Molina had to come out and play as an outfield player.

He was the best on the pitch BTW. ;)

Spawn_68 said:
Any Comments on the 0-5 against Mainz ? ;)

I would think there will be sometime over the next day or so.

The results are always irrelevant in pre-season friendlies, its all about preparing your team for the season to come. No doubt Rafa will have had something to say after such a result though

rockykabir said:
RAWK are going nuts :shock:

It's just a friendly.....but you are representing Liverpool FC no matter who you play :(

IDIOTS on RAWK are going nuts

RAWK used to be and still is a great site but over the past couple of seasons (mainly since the offal limited it's posting hours unless you were a e-season member) there's been a lot of lets say less mature posters making knee jerk reactions after any defeat

i posted this in reply to someone who thinks we have a chance of blowing it against haifa because pre season results have been poor

remember thinking the same before the 76/77 season, losing away to Feyenoord & Twente Enschede and only getting draws against Roda JC & Northampton, add to that a 9-9 draw at anfield (think it was tommy smiths testimonial)

who would've believed after those results that we'd have gone on to win the league and old big ears for the first time and nearly won the treble
rolleyes.gif

ffs pre season form means nothing, recently we've had good pre seasons and won fuck all, in the past we've had bad pre seasons and done well, the squad tonight featured 6 or 7 players who depending on injuries will get very few games this season but rafa seems to have given everyone a run out over the past couple of weeks

come wednesday the squad will have a familiar ring to it and will be more focused than they've been for some meaningless games that are to be honest just used for building up fitness, i'll agree that it's a very important game and a good performance will set us up nicely for the away leg but i'm not worried about it based on the past few results

just think people need to chill out a bit

like i said people just need to chill a bit, at the end of the day these games are meant for building up fitness, the squads have been a mix of senior & youth players with those involved in the world cup having little playing time

last season i think we scored somewhere in the region of 25 goals in a mix of 8 pre season friendlies and european cup qualifiers and then went on to score 3 goals in our opening 5 league games and the games following those weren't too impressive either, just goes to show how little you can read into meaningless pre season games

hear hear...I often wonder who on earth will believe some of the fickle trash that tabloids come out with, but with some of the posts there you can find some real fools about who probably keep the money flowing for the tabloids :(

A bit offtopic - yet ontopic in a way - but does anyone find posting on RAWK a bit....scary? Don't get me wrong, there are some excellent and intriguing posts but I often find there are some hardliners who just jump onto you just due to the fact that you are a OOT-er :roll:

I'm not too bothered about them tbh, but it sometimes feels like you have to justify to them your reasoning for supporting the club :eh:

(or it's probably just me then...)

I got that a couple of times just ignore them they're probably bluenoses in disguise. These days I only visit the site to read Paul Tomkins articles, the man is a classy writer.

5-0 is still a bad result no matter what. how the hell we concede 5 goal in 45mins?

still think we need another striker. although as there is limited funds i cant really see it happening. if bellamy gets injured we have no pace upfront.

Argh .. almost a bad game to draw really ......

2-1 with both our new attacking guys scoring ! Bellamy & Gonzalez ..

That was pretty shabby stuff from Pool. Seems like Rafa is going to stick with the 'bore the other team into submission in the first 75 minutes' strategy, then try to peg some back. There were so many crosses with no one in the box - just depressing football. Until, of course, the last 15 minutes, when pool came alive, good finish to the match.

why is Rafa still going with the failed 4-4-1-1 formation. when he done it last season it didn't work so why is he sticking with it?

Bellamy needs a partner. I wanna see Bellamy and Fowler play together. you cannot play him on his own, Gerrard needs to be in a deeper position. Rafa wants to fit Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko all in the team but he can't do it. Alonso and Sissoko will have to be rotated. Zendan is useless and should never of been signed. I still think Rafa will try offload Kewell in January.

Defence looked real slow. think this season maybe too much for Sammi!

good to see crouch on the bench. no need for him too start! I think Rafa is gonna go with his usual cautious setup vs Chelsea. 4-4-1-1 again.

no need to be so negative!

Typical laboured performance, we'll probably start off like that in
the league for the first half of this season.

Bad news with the squad that we've got Rafa will rotate heavily this season with formations and players.

Gerrard is a victim of his own ability, Hyppia is defiently on his last legs but atleast there's cover in two fantasic players in Paletta & Agger.

Pennant was excellent, pure class.

A striker will be own his way this week Kuyt a possible.

Sabac Red said:
Typical laboured performance, we'll probably start off like that in
the league for the first half of this season.

Bad news with the squad that we've got Rafa will rotate heavily this season with formations and players.

Gerrard is a victim of his own ability, Hyppia is defiently on his last legs but atleast there's cover in two fantasic players in Paletta & Agger.

Pennant was excellent, pure class.

A striker will be own his way this week Kuyt a possible.

I like Kyut but I don't think we have the £12m to buy him too be honest.

Also if this 4-4-1-1 is gonna be the preferred system then I really do not see any point in buying another striker. was Fowler injured last night or just left out.

what squad number is Sinama now as Gonzalez has the number 11 shirt.

Riise to me had a bit of a shocker last night and should have been able to cover for their goal. Still needs to get in lots of practice and gain fitness before the new season starts.

Btw, Fowler has a knee strain, (as he said in his interview on iTV before the game)but said he should be available for the weekend if all goes well.

Bit dire, rhythm-wise last night, although we played good stuff in patches. Jamie Carragher, even though he has had very little pre-season was magnificent last night and we would have lost without him.

Pennant was impressive. Bellamy looked very sharp and keen. And that goal will give Gonzalez confidence.

I'm not to miffed by the performance. We would always be shaky in our first competitive game with alot of new players in the mix, and a strange pre-season.

I'm confident we'll win the next leg.

You need to stick Kewell in the reserves until another World Cup is due, then He'll be good again.
Your major problem is your tactics are very defensive and if you tilt the balance to attack it could have a big impact on your goals against. Utd and Arse are the other way round which is why I think you'll be a bigger threat to the champ manager cheats.

beachryan said:
Seems like Rafa is going to stick with the 'bore the other team into submission in the first 75 minutes' strategy, then try to peg some back. There were so many crosses with no one in the box - just depressing football.
:lmao: will it be the same Sunday

liverpools football is far from entertaining. had a poor pre-season had 5-0 & 2-0 defeats..which teams like liverpool shouldnt be losing no matter the lineup, and then barely won there CL 3rd rnd qualifer!

things aint looking bright for the scousers season ahead! lol lol

Back
Top Bottom