Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Yeah, I hope we don't get Kuyt. I was not impressed with him.
Not sure Trezeguet is the right striker either.
However Zlatan would be good. He's only 24 and has lots of skill.

Do you guys feel Rafa has once again filled all the positions except
for the main striker. Fowler can't be expected to lead the line...
Bellamy is a good wide playing striker, but as a main target man we only have Crouch, we definitely need someone better.

Kuyt is a good player we didn't see his real worth in the world cup, the problem for me is we've already got Crouch and their both similar players, we don't need two target men. The right wing is a priority in every sense of the word; I’m hoping the Alves deal can be wrapped up before the Crewe game although it looks unlikely, is he really worth £10M? Might it be better to get a cheaper option like Pennant for example? Whatever happens I’m looking forward to what could be an immense season, in Rafa we trust.

Liverpool's squad numbers for 2006-07 season:

1. Jerzy Dudek
2. Jan Kromkamp
3. Stephen Finnan
4. Sami Hyypia
5. Daniel Agger
6. John Arne Riise
7. Harry Kewell
8. Steven Gerrard
9. Robbie Fowler
10. Luis Garcia
11. Mark Gonzalez
12. Fabio Aurelio
14. Xabi Alonso
15. Peter Crouch
16. Jermaine Pennant
17. Craig Bellamy
18. Dirk Kuyt
22. Mohammed Sissoko
23. Jamie Carragher
24. Florent Sinama-Pongolle
25. Jose Reina
28. Stephen Warnock
29. Gabriel Paletta
32. Boudewijn Zenden
33. Neil Mellor
34. Darren Potter
35. Danny Guthrie
38. David Mannix

Last edited:

New kit gets its official unveiling on Monday 24th, not available to buy til the 10th August tho :(

Well a 1-0 win today Vs Crewe and one of the Youth Cup winning side scores the goal

lindfieldue1.jpg

Craig Lindfield for those who aint in the know

gonzalezrj4.jpg

Gonzalez also made his Pool Debut

and may I add, he was shite (Gonzalez). The first thing he did was stepovers, and he fell and tripped on the ball. :lol:

I’ve got a feeling that Gonzalez is going to be like Garcia moments of sheer class but frustrates at the same time. I’ve been well impressed with Paletta so far looks like a shrewd signing from Rafa.

...Quality pictures there Mr. Wright, you don’t work for Getty do you?

Last edited:

MO_DINERO said:
I’ve got a feeling that Gonzalez is going to be like Garcia moments of sheer class but frustrates at the same time. I’ve been well impressed with Paletta so far looks like a shrewd signing from Rafa.

...Quality pictures there Mr. Wright, you don’t work for Getty do you?

I have my sources but am not allowed to talk about them ;)

I wonder who else Rafa is lining up before the start of the season, so many rumours as per usual

Peter Eyres said:
looks like the pennant deal is nearly done (well reports that a fee has been agreed at 6.3m)

I'm not sure about him myself. He's shown great potential this past season, but he has a temper and a controversial past, ala Bellamy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5215110.stm

£6.3m!! Cheers, we get a quarter of that!

Pennant is more bother than he is worth. He is more interested in going out clubbing than playing footy. He was just a trouble maker at Arsenal and was big-headed. Rafa may get the best out of him but £6.3m! Thats a lot of dough.

Not fussed on the new green/white European 15th kit(!) but like the yellow and red ones. Hope they've got embroidered badges, not the cheap transfers Reebok thought were value for money last season.:(......I just thank the heavens they haven't got that ridiculous collar they had around 1997...

Peter Eyres said:
looks like the pennant deal is nearly done (well reports that a fee has been agreed at 6.3m)
A bit steep for my liking but he’s quick, can dribble and has a mean cross on him.

...Two bad boys down, one to go

Clockender said:
£6.3m!! Cheers, we get a quarter of that!

Pennant is more bother than he is worth. He is more interested in going out clubbing than playing footy. He was just a trouble maker at Arsenal and was big-headed. Rafa may get the best out of him but £6.3m! Thats a lot of dough.

yes, I think hes 5m max. It shows a bit of desperation from us to double the initial offer. The Alves deal was stalling and at 10m, he was a bit too pricey for us, considering we still might add a striker. We tried to go for the proven quality, but the clubs knew we needed a right winger badly, and so they hike the price up.

marukomu said:
Strikers the size of yours need support to be effective. Maybe you need to sign a BRAzilian?
I dont know whats more funny, your joke or the effort...;)

Official: Pennant for 6.7 M, could go up to 8 M on Appearance etc.

He's an English player so I guess over-pricing isn't very surprising ... Alves's deal should be off now.

i'm not too happy about the pennant deal, he's talented but i just don't think he's got the right attitude to play for a side thats aiming for the top prizes

i just think we're getting ass raped because teams know we need someone who can play on the right, benfica tried it on last season with simao, del nido has fucked us about over alves and now we've done a deal that costs at least £6.7m for pennant, we sold heskey to them for fuck all (more or less his value ;) ) with most of the fee reliant on his performance which we realistically never had a chance of getting, why the fuck didn't we do the same sort of deal for pennant? instead we bend over and let them name the price for a player who has had problems in the past, if he performs to the best of his ability then fair enough but if he can't hack it or goes off the rails again then we've spunked over £6m up the wall

like airjoca said, english players are so overated, pennant's worth 2 or 3 million tops with any more made in performance related payments but because he's english he gets a top dollar price tag slapped on him

don't get me wrong, i hope the lad does well and i'll get behind him at the match but i just think the whole deal is wrong

Back
Top Bottom