Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Cheers Iceman, just a few pieces left and Liverpool can really give Chelsea problems, the same can be said about you gooners and the mancs, although it seems to be pretty dead in Manchester I suppose were all waiting for the Italian summer sale. ;)

IF we get a decent right winger...where does it leave Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko.
Liverpool and Gerrard need
:Sissoko to do the makelele job
:Alonso for his super passes.

what formation will it be then?
(hope we get joaquin :) )

yeh the midfield situation will be tricky. Although I guess its just competition for places. Aurelio will challenge Riise and Kewell. We're now starting to build a squad with strength in depth, although I still think we lack a world class striker.

Rafa Benitez has said today that Aurelio is a better passer of the ball than Alonso - that will have to be seen to be believed. But if he can whip some balls in from the left hand side and do it better than Alonso does from the middle, then he will be an excellent signing.

I believe the signing of Gonzales, Bellamy, Aurelio and Paletta are all excellent signings. I have complete and utter faith in Rafa. But we do still need a world class striker and if we get Alves on board as well!

Things will be excellent at Anfield next season. Hopefully a 19th League Title is not to far away! :)

I think Liverpool will be fine with Bellamy in the team. The little and large partnership of Crouch and Bellamy with do well.

Or how about Kewell and Bellamy, With Aurelio on the left?

Kewell is once again out injured and will miss the start of the season

It's hard to be a better passer than Alonso. Fabio Aurelio has been very good in some games with Valencia, especially during season 04/05... but has been very inconsistent too...

The Alves deal continues to stall. We have Finnan and Kromkampt, so I not to fussed about him.

Maybe Rafa will pounce on a player from the big italian teams, soon to be relegated?

Trezegeut? Now theres a world class striker. Inzaghi would be useful etc etc

Peter Eyres said:
The Alves deal continues to stall. We have Finnan and Kromkampt, so I not to fussed about him.

Maybe Rafa will pounce on a player from the big italian teams, soon to be relegated?

Trezegeut? Now theres a world class striker. Inzaghi would be useful etc etc

er i doubt it mate. we are skint! i pretty pissed off we cannot meet the 12m valuation for alves.

its a joke to be honest. I honestly cannot see any big names coming to anfield.

well apparently Cisse is going off to Marseille today. At a reduced price maybe, because of the injury, but it should boulster our wallet.

We were prepared to pay around 10m for Alves, so we must at least have 8m avaliable still ;)

Peter Eyres said:
well apparently Cisse is going off to Marseille today. At a reduced price maybe, because of the injury, but it should boulster our wallet.

We were prepared to pay around 10m for Alves, so we must at least have 8m avaliable still ;)

Cisse is going on loan. liverpool will not be getting any £££.

kobashi said:
Cisse is going on loan. liverpool will not be getting any £££.

good decision as far as i'm concerned, we were preparing to sell him but his leg break put an end to that, at least this way he'll be able get some first team football in france once he's recovered and he'll be off our wage bill, the loan deal also has an option for marseille to buy him if he proves his fitness, if we sold him now after 2 leg breaks we'd make a very big loss on him but with this deal it at least gives us the possibility of getting a decent fee for him next season

koolaje said:
Look at the boys do training .. can somebody name them?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152872060712-0659.htm

110706_preseason_07.jpg

lee peltier, mark gonzalez & fabio aurelio

110706_preseason_02.jpg

paul anderson

if you don't know any of the others you might as well go and join the manc thread ;)

just shown the new kit on sky sports news, i'll see if i can find pics

71422718.jpg

personally i think thats another training top, at least i hope so anyway as there's too much black/dark blue in it

Last edited:

Yeah that's another training top, just saw that bit about Liverpool on Sky sports news, no new pics of the home shirt yet, looks like we'll have to wait till the Wrexham game maybe sooner.

MO_DINERO said:
Yeah that's another training top, just saw that bit about Liverpool on Sky sports news, no new pics of the home shirt yet, looks like we'll have to wait till the Wrexham game maybe sooner.

this is the kit we're supposed to be wearing against wrexham

3rdkit_o6_riise_body_full.jpg

don't like it myself, would've been better all white with green stripes, as far as i know it's gonna be our 3rd/european away kit

Last edited:

New kit to be revealed next week or so...

Really excited for this season, The squad is looking
very strong & there's 2/3 more signings to come.

Rumour has it that if the Alves deal stumbles again
Benitez will turn his attention to Camoranesi. I guess
that makes sense.

It looked even worse with red numbers on the back :mrgreen:
Keeper kit is the same dark grey as the training kit, with red and white trim.

Palleta, Riise, Fowler and Anderson had particularly impressive games today in the freindly.

2-0 Liverpool (Anderson and Bellamy)

Its a shame Gonzalez was injured, and so didn't play.. But Paul Anderson will be out for a first team place this season. He's been immense in the youth and reserve teams. A future England Right Winger IMO.

I quite like that kit...

Some pics from todays game

200aeqp.jpg

200agsy.jpg

200agxg.jpg

200ah04.jpg

fishcake said:
110706_preseason_07.jpg

lee peltier, mark gonzalez & fabio aurelio

110706_preseason_02.jpg

paul anderson

if you don't know any of the others you might as well go and join the manc thread ;)

Yup thanks for that :)

Paul Anderson scored a pretty good volleyed goal yesterday....... fair do's

Back
Top Bottom