Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Peter Eyres said:
Where are we getting the money from if we are in debt and have future plans to build the new stadium?
]

Probably selling dodgy DVDs and knock off laptops:lmao:

Liverpool have confirmed that striker Fernando Morientes has joined Valencia for an undisclosed fee - believed to be under £3million.

The 30-year-old former Real Madrid striker failed to live up to his reputation during his 16 months on Merseyside and managed just 12 goals in 61 games for the Reds.

He was left out of the Spanish squad for this summer's World Cup after failing to play a major role in the Liverpool first team last season.

A statement on Liverpool's official website read: "Everybody at Liverpool would like to wish 'Nando' all the best with his new club in Spain."

Morientes joined Liverpool in January 2005 for £6.3million from Real but struggled to adapt to the Premiership.

The move comes just two days after Morientes' agent said the player would not be returning to Spain this summer.

Liverpool were linked with a swap deal with Valencia's Marco Di Vaio, until the Italian forward snubbed talk of him moving to the Premiership club.

One dodgy striker down, one to go :)

And there is also this...

Feyenoord chairman Jorien van den Herik says he has not received any approaches from Liverpool or anyone else for striker Dirk Kuyt.

The Feyenoord chief also claims not to have spoken to Kuyt about any interest from Anfield.

He said: "Up to now not a single club has contacted Feyenoord about Kuyt and I have not spoken with Dirk about this either."

Make of that what you will

Glad to hear that Morientes is leaving....wish him well at Valencia where he might just do better given the slower pace of Spanish futbol...

But, this sale does raise a point.....we might be really close to
signing a good striker....and if it's Kuyt, then he'll be a great
signing...and Rafa will probably want to sign him now rather than
after the World Cup where his value may shoot up even more if he
has a good tournament....

To be honest, I'd like for us to keep Cisse, he's still young and
got bags of pace. His finishing did improve quite a lot, and if
he stops whining on the pitch, and concentrate more on his first
touch, he could do really well.

Crouch is good, but I still doubt his value for a club that should
be challenging for the Title

mathewsss said:
Glad to hear that Morientes is leaving....wish him well at Valencia where he might just do better given the slower pace of Spanish futbol...

But, this sale does raise a point.....we might be really close to
signing a good striker....and if it's Kuyt, then he'll be a great
signing...and Rafa will probably want to sign him now rather than
after the World Cup where his value may shoot up even more if he
has a good tournament....

To be honest, I'd like for us to keep Cisse, he's still young and
got bags of pace. His finishing did improve quite a lot, and if
he stops whining on the pitch, and concentrate more on his first
touch, he could do really well.

Crouch is good, but I still doubt his value for a club that should
be challenging for the Title

We still have Sinama-Pongolle as backup, so I guess 1 striker out, 1 striker in and we should be fine.

Thanks for the memories nando !

Good luck to nando...

I see benitez's ruthlessness.

I guess there is somebody on the way.

And yeah Mathewsss I sought of do agree on Cisse staying
I think there is more goals to come from him in an Liverpool
shirt.

i like to see Nando and Cisse replaced by Kuyt and Defoe/Bellamy :)

good luck to nando btw, he's still a fantastic player, despite his lacklustre performance in the premiership, thank you for your goals and effort put into our rarther NICE season :D

what a time for cisse to get fucking injured badstyle

its gonna be yet another season with him picking up his wages which, in my opinion, he isnt good enough to earn.

fucks sake.

Its an awkward challange ... poor him and in almost the eve of World Cup. Good luck to him ... that means bye bye 8 million pounds .. sh*t! 1 Transfer out of the window ...

kevano22 said:
what a time for cisse to get fucking injured badstyle

its gonna be yet another season with him picking up his wages which, in my opinion, he isnt good enough to earn.

fucks sake.

prick!!

kobashi said:

good one.

im entitled to my own opinion. he is was and never will be good enough for liverpool and his attitude has stunk since the time he has been here.

sure, its a shame hes done it to his leg again, but now we have to continue to pay the wages for someone we dont even want.

kevano22 said:
good one.

im entitled to my own opinion. he is was and never will be good enough for liverpool and his attitude has stunk since the time he has been here.

sure, its a shame hes done it to his leg again, but now we have to continue to pay the wages for someone we dont even want.

you may not rate cisse. i not got a problem with that. it was your attitude to his injury which i find pretty horrible. considering the guy is a livepool player. yeah he was on his way but he still a liverpool player.

BTW I like cisse and feel rafa has never used him right. a move is best for both camps though.

europeankit7ne4mq.gif

Just incase anyone hasnt seen it yet:)

Crouch and Gerrard scores for England. I told Ericsson that Carra is a liability if he's put in the right back posiiton, obviously he didn't listen to me ... he's solid but can't go forward .. :(

Liverpool 2 Trinidad and Tobago 0.

astone_10 - I saw three different kits on my hols in Thailand - a red and white one, a white and red one and the coolest one for me, in black with white in the other parts. Badge looked decent too, back to the old one, almost.

The Guardian, times, mirror and the sun are all reporting that Marseille will still buy Cisse off us this summer, and apparently we're closing in on Bellamy (Mail, Guardian)

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
The guys a racist piece of hunchback-esmeralda shit. i think he'll f*ck up the harmony at Anfield.

serious??:shock: :shock: What did he do to be called a racIst??

ALAIN said:
serious??:shock: :shock: What did he do to be called a racIst??
He's not a racist, the media are always shit stirring and give players a bad name, sometimes unfairly. I think if Liverpool can get him for £6M it’s a bargain no one can deny that he's a quality premiership player and if Rafa/Rush think he's a good buy who are we to argue.

he was involved in an incident with a bouncer at a cardiff nightclub and was accused of racism, i know it went to court but can't remember if he was found guilty or not

personally i'm not sure what to make of him, he's quick and can score goals but there's always going to be doubts over his attitude, i'm not too bothered about the shit that went off with souness as it's understandable but he was a twat off the pitch during his time at newcastle, i've heard though that blackburn have offered him a 4 year deal worth close to £60k a week but he's turned it down and is going to sign a 4 year deal worth £45k a week with us, if this is true then at least it shows he not just interested in coming here for the money and genuinely wants to play for the club

as long as he knuckles down he'll be ok, if there are any problems with his attitude rafa will have him out the door in a shot

Liverpool fixtures for 2006-07 season

August

19 Sheffield United (A)
23 Newcastle United (H) (postponed)
26 West Ham United (H)

September

9 Everton (A)
16 Chelsea (A)
23 Tottenham Hotspur (H)
30 Bolton Wanderers (A)

October

14 Blackburn Rovers (H)
21 Manchester United (A)
28 Aston Villa (H)

November

4 Reading (H)
11 Arsenal (A)
18 Middlesbrough (A)
25 Manchester City (H)
29 Portsmouth (H)

December

2 Wigan Athletic (A)
9 Fulham (H)
16 Charlton Athletic (A)
23 Watford (H)
26 Blackburn Rovers (A)
30 Tottenham Hotspur (A)

January

1 Bolton Wanderers (H)
13 Watford (A)
20 Chelsea (H)
31 West Ham United (A)

February

3 Everton (H)
10 Newcastle United (A)
24 Sheffield United (H)

March

3 Manchester United (H)
17 Aston Villa (A)
31 Arsenal (H)

April

7 Reading (A)
9 Middlesbrough (H)
14 Manchester City (A)
21 Wigan Athletic (H)
28 Portsmouth (A)

May

5 Fulham (A)
13 Charlton Athletic (H)

he was never convicted of it, and again it was probably assumed racist because the bloke on the receiving end wasn't white

Back
Top Bottom