Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Great goal from cisse, but is he actually trying to redfine poor footballing fashion? Good lord, between the assymetric hair, crazy beard blonde thing and different coloured shoes...

*shakes head*

Well done!

Man Gerrard is the heart n soul of your team.

I always knew Liverpool would win this, even before Gerrards 35 yard thunderbolt in Injury time.

Unlucky West Ham, you gotta feel sorry for them.

What a match, the fans the spirit, the goals everything. Great great game.

Poor west ham, thought they'd nipped it at the end, but wasn't meant to be. Still they should be proud, what a performance

Well played Pool, gutted with a tear in my eye, so close, football, you end up hating the fucking thing dont ya! ;)

Fucking blinder...

You know I was all like "what a dissapointment" in the 91st minute
especially after an obviously injured Gerrard wasted a free-kick
earlier...But then as in football you can't write scripts on
what's going to happen.

What a way for Reina to redeem himself...

Last edited:

Im going to sue someones ass, thats 2 years on the trot, im only 29 but feel 69 atm

What a game of football, why can't Liverpool do it the easy way? Commiserations west ham you deserved more, well done

thought west ham didn't deserve to lose, great performance from them today and they should take a lot of credit from it, i still feel we gave away 2 sloppy goals and the 3rd was a fluke but they played extremly well and limited us to few chances

normally i don't buy into "the one man team" label thats given to us by some sections of the media but today if it wasn't for gerrard we'd have lost

think penalties was a bit unfair as most of the players were physically & mentally fucked so maybe a replay would've been better

Reina did very well in the end. He gave the second goal and .. maybe couldn't do anything on the third ..

Transfers ! Rafa indicated there may be a clearance coming for the current players.

koolaje said:
Transfers ! Rafa indicated there may be a clearance coming for the current players.

Yep that is going to be a very important aspect for next season
Benitez has already said how he want's to get it right unlike
the manager before him.

There will be a limited amount of cash even if there is a big
clearance so there will have to be some shrewd astute signings.

Reina overall deserves all the credit he gets, like Gerrard he kept us in the game and ultimately won it for his penalty saves. I also thought we played better when Hamman came on...Regarding transfers I can see Traore, Warnock, Sinama, Cisse, maybe Morientes moving on

Sissoko was immense todayt, and Kromkamp did well too. Lots of players going through the pain barrier for the cause.

To be honest, all of West Ham's goals were gifted to them or extremely flukey, and it would of been a travesty if they won IMO. Fair play to them though, for getting there, their league position and taking us all the way.

Gerrard is out of thos world, nearley hit the ceiling, I jumped so high, when it nestled in tha net.

Ooooh and well done Reina too ;)

MO_DINERO said:
Reina overall deserves all the credit he gets, like Gerrard he kept us in the game and ultimately won it for his penalty saves. I also thought we played better when Hamman came on...Regarding transfers I can see Traore, Warnock, Sinama, Cisse, maybe Morientes moving on

Traore: Yes I think he belongs in other leagues ...
Warnock: I think he's a lock at backup leftback
Sinama: Maybe yes, maybe not. Good backup though ..
Cisse: He's back in form but erratic attitude might cost him.
Morientes: I think he's probably the one who REALLY played the whole game, still dribbling well in the dying minutes of extra time, but he'll still get the boot.
Hammann: Heard him going as well .. he's my lucky charm though, he's been through Istanbul AND Cardiff, he's been the difference maker.
Biscan: He's definetly ... oh he's out already :(

Any news of the injuries of Gerrard (he was limping abit just before that blinder) or Alonso? Sissoko looks injured too. Cisse as well .. he might have a hamstring judging by the tape in his thigh.

lol at one point we thought are team were all gna do down with cramp!

such a quality game. I thought from the looks on the faces of the players after the 3rd west ham goal that we'd give up.

then stevie did his thing. fucking unbeliveable. It was almost as good as istanbul.

Also, the scoreline, the LATE LATE chance where Pepe tipped it onto the post and then harewood fucked up, and the extra time were almost identical to the events of istanbul...even the fucking keeper heroics in penalties!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Im So Happy :)

My lord,how much do you guys owe this victory to Stevie G?? Single-Handedly picked his team up from defeat! Your defence was poor in this game and Reina,apart from the penalty saves,was cack.I never had a doubt that you lot will win the shootout with Reina in goal.After all,penalty saves are one of his best attributes.Congrats you Scousers!

What an amazing day. Started off by being told - halfway to Cardiff - that my ticket had been sold on. Then followed a lot of wrangling to get it back, and that was before the match even kicked off! The match speaks for itself: we didn't play as well as we could have done but Stevie G showed his credentials once again, and a brilliant result. Supporing Liverpool is a medical condition though, I swear.

The West Ham fans were superb as well. Walking past the West Ham pub outside the stadium, both sets of fans gave each other an ovation - it was a wonderful gesture. Their team played fantastically well and I was very impressed by them today.

Overall, a brilliant day, topped off by speaking to Phil Neal on the train home :)

YNWA

Back
Top Bottom