Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

What is it with us and Cup Finals, there is nowt like making it difficult is there?!

Went to the parade today - absolutely brilliant - red and white and no blue in sight......

Cisse's saying the right words that I think would make him stay a little longer in Anfield :)

Well done west ham, but i rewatched the final last night and west hams first goal was clearly OFFSIDE!

Ashton plays the ball into the right flank area where Harewood is standing, rocking on his heels and clearly offside. he starts to run for the ball but Scaloni is already on his way overlapping. Scaloni wasnt offside but harewood was by about two yards.

Then Crouch gets flagged when he's level! But we got away with it at blackburn so i suppose it swings both ways, but why did no one mention it?

150506_facup_3513.jpg

:lol: If Cisse does leave I'm going to miss the crazy shit he comes up with

Liverpool has gone into the preperations for next season and the first man is now ready to be presented at Anfield Road. It´s the 25 year old Argentinian midfielder Leandro Daniel Somoza who has put pen to paper to a 3 year deal with the Reds, starting this summer.

Leandro joins Liverpool, from Velez Sarsfield and will likely cost the English club around 25 million kroner (aprox. £2.5 mill - maybe a little less). The arrival of Somoza may spell the end for the German veteran Dietmar Hamann, who albeit had just extended his contract with the club for a year further.

This extension however only happend due to an option in Hamann´s contract, which allowed him to extend the contract by a year, if he had played a certain amount of matches. The German used this option, but now it looks like he might be leaving Anfield afterall.

Slow news day...

Oh and there are rumours that Garcia will be heading back to spain...ditto

Last edited:

I don't know but he sounds tasty.

bada-boom-tish!

MORE "rumours" - defoe has been signed he will be unveiled thursday/friday.

Last edited:

Well, it was a fantastic Cup final.
We did'nt play well, we were sloppy with the ball in the 1st half
and were made to pay.
West Ham played well, but all their goals were a bit lucky.
Our fightback was really ferocious, the way Gerrard leads
the team, I can't understand how he is not the Captain of England.
It's a travesty....

The last goal was simply magical, after witnessing the team running
out of ideas as the game drifted into Injury time, and Gerrard hits
a shot like that from 35 yards out....it was amazing !!
After seeing the PKs, I did'nt know how good Reina was at this....
simply awesome at PKs. He should start for Spain just for this reason.

Liverpool keep their tradition of exciting Cup finals.
2001 UEFA Cup: Liverpool 5:4 Alaves (Golden goal, 4:4 FT)
2005 Champions lg: Liverpool 3:3 AC Milan (won on PK)
2006 FA cup: Liverpool 3:3 West Ham (won on PK)

Respect to Eto'o and Barca

The Cameroon international scored a late goal to level the game before Barcelona grabbed a winner with just minutes remaining. The comeback was nothing like as dramatic as what happened in Istanbul a year earlier but Eto believes the Barca players all had the Reds on their minds as they refused to admit defeat.

"Whatever we did in the first half didn't work, but we fought, dominated the second half and never gave up," revealed Eto. "Having seen what Liverpool did last year when they were 3-0 down and apparently well beaten, we knew that you can't just accept you've lost until the final whistle goes. If you look at Liverpool's spirit, you know you have to fight to the end and, God permitting, you can win.

"You can't allow doubts to creep in in a final like this. When we came out after half-time, we heard our supporters and remembered the spirit of Liverpool's players a year ago. We kept trying and trying and, in the end, God wanted us to win. There aren't enough words to explain what we're experiencing. What we have done today will only sink in when we stop playing football. This is probably the most beautiful moment in my entire career."

meh....

huge difference though, they were the Goliath in that final (especially against their ten men)...they just wasn't clinical. We were being thrashed by the best team in Europe then...and against all odds, we came back and won the game. Now that is magical ;)

Only English clubs can come back like that I think. Problem is, we're usually scared of the opposition and when we think it's over, we relax and play well.

rockykabir said:
meh....

huge difference though, they were the Goliath in that final (especially against their ten men)...they just wasn't clinical. We were being thrashed by the best team in Europe then...and against all odds, we came back and won the game. Now that is magical ;)
I think the real difference is that Barca actually ARE the best team in Europe...

RuneEdge said:
I think the real difference is that Barca actually ARE the best team in Europe...

They didn't show it yesterday.

Milan were in top form....apart from their six minutes of hell so to speak(!).

It could have been anyone's game last night....dodgy refs changed everythin imo - but let's not get into that debate: leave that to the Gooner thread ;)

Last edited:

Surely we should be paying a club to take him off us!!

Todays papers list a deal for Pennant is imminent and we are allegedly making a move for Fernando Torres

CWright said:
Todays papers list a deal for Pennant is imminent and we are allegedly making a move for Fernando Torres
Where did you read that? The Sun? ;) :lol:

The sun makes me sick. I use to buy it until I realised how much they try and distract the mind with senseless garbage about celebrities and constant sex stories that nonone gives a shit about. If i want my football news i just go skysporst.com. if i want my politics I read the 'The Guardian' or 'The independant'

rockykabir said:
I don't think you quite understand mate

The Sun are all immoral barstewards....don't pay attention to their paper let alone their "sport news" pages.
I already knew about that. Its common knowledge why you boycott the paper. But I only realised after posting it. But as beboquintero explained, the point of it was newspapers in general. The Sun just happened to be the one that was discussed in the other thread.

Alucard said:
The sun makes me sick. I use to buy it until I realised how much they try and distract the mind with senseless garbage about celebrities and constant sex stories that nonone gives a shit about. If i want my football news i just go skysporst.com. if i want my politics I read the 'The Guardian' or 'The independant'

What you do about your stars??? :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom