Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

RuneEdge said:
Here they are calling our fans scum, calling themselves the best set of fans in the world and then trashing our stadium.
While our players though it was nice to wear these for the Sunderland game.
2133038566.jpg

Thats quite embaressing really. Show some class people.

Yeah.

You did the same in the FA Cup match at Anfield.

Hillsborough this and Hillsborough that. You broke all the bogs and smeared crap all up the walls.

It was just in retaliation for that.

The above, and the banners on the motorway and in Manchester about Hillsborough justify these actions. Along with the imitations of fans suffocating and dying with the chants of murdered when Danny Murphy came on the other week.

That's just the way it is. These pictures have been popping up all over the internet by sad efforts who fail to recognise any of the things mentioned above.

I condemn both sets of fans, but after what I witnessed on the motorways and in Manchester on Saturday, I have no sympathy towards anything to do with Munich.

Still, I officially condemn both sets of fans.

Thats what you get for singing songs about dead people at Anfield and around the country.

The false shock and horror by the poor man united fans
is frankly...

Pathetic.

PS. It was nice when Rooney took his armband off and threw it to the ground, and a Scouser too.

antred said:
That dick that threw a bottle at Gallas - what was he thinking?

Yeah, it's bad.

But to be fair, Chelsea fans barraged our players with missiles first - especially Gerrard on corners.

At the final whistle, Chelsea fans ran over to the tunnel and threw all sorts at our triumphant players.

Horses for courses again.

KOP_007 said:
PS. It was nice when Rooney took his armband off and threw it to the ground, and a Scouser too.
I wanted to mention that but I wasn't 100% sure, thanks for clarifying it

KOP_007 said:
Yeah, it's bad.

But to be fair, Chelsea fans barraged our players with missiles first - especially Gerrard on corners.

At the final whistle, Chelsea fans ran over to the tunnel and threw all sorts at our triumphant players.

Horses for courses again.

Aye i know. Whats disappointing is the bottle was seen clearly on tv, the other stuff wasnt, although there was a breif glimpse of Gerrard getting something thrown while taking a corner.

KOP_007 said:
Yeah.

You did the same in the FA Cup match at Anfield.

Hillsborough this and Hillsborough that. You broke all the bogs and smeared crap all up the walls.

It was just in retaliation for that.

The above, and the banners on the motorway and in Manchester about Hillsborough justify these actions. Along with the imitations of fans suffocating and dying with the chants of murdered when Danny Murphy came on the other week.

That's just the way it is. These pictures have been popping up all over the internet by sad efforts who fail to recognise any of the things mentioned above.

I condemn both sets of fans, but after what I witnessed on the motorways and in Manchester on Saturday, I have no sympathy towards anything to do with Munich.

Still, I officially condemn both sets of fans.

Thats what you get for singing songs about dead people at Anfield and around the country.

The false shock and horror by the poor man united fans
is frankly...

Pathetic.

spot on, can't believe the reaction on the internet from some united fans who seem to have the opinion that their own fans are angels and have condemed all liverpool fans for what happened at old toilet last weekend

as i said a few days ago, i don't condone what happened and think a lot of it is just sick but those united fans condeming us need to take a good look at their own support first, this shit has been going on for years and is nothing new, in fact if we'd played a semi at old toilet 20 years ago the ground wouldn't have got trashed, it would've been burnt to the ground

as for the arm bands, they were worn at the premier leagues request, it was nothing to do with the united players thinking "it'd be nice to wear them" for the sunderland game, i didn't see rooney throw his into the ground but it doesn't suprise me coming from a man who sold his soul to the s*n, which even members of his own family castigated him for

Just to clear it up, Rooney only pulled his off because it was ripped by the sunderland defender pulling on his arm as he made a run down the touch line, and was dangling off annoyingly, I don't think he did it as a gesture.

Gerrard saved our blushes again today by the looks of it. Looking forward to seeing that goal on MotD tonight.

crayon said:
Gerrard saved our blushes again today by the looks of it. Looking forward to seeing that goal on MotD tonight.

Aston Villa were making it especially tough for us. But I guess that's where having a world class player comes into use ;) - when things aren't going our way, Gerrard can be called upon to produce the goods. It's better than a few years ago when we were relying so much on him for pretty much every game.

Will we be able to catch 2nd place - unrealistic that Man U will drop points but they're without Rooney. Here's hoping anyway!

One win should get 2nd for United. Seriously worried about you next season. I think you will challenge Chelsea more than us, unless we sort our midfield out. can't wait for next season

For the FA Cup final, barring any injuries, I think we know who
will play in the first 9 slots
-----------Reina---------
-Finnan-Carra-Hyppia-Riise
-Gerrard-Alonso-Siss--Kewell
-------??----??---------

Crouch & Cisse could start, or could Morientes be given a surprise
start with Crouchy.....with Cisse kept for the 2nd half when
pacy fresh legs are needed
Fowler BTW is cup-tied...

Hehe this is gonna be close but MU will probably take 2nd since they're facing weak teams in the last 2 games ...

Errr comes down to the final game of the season ...

Liverpool vs Portsmouth (@ Anfield)
MU vs Charlton (@ Old Trafford)

Portsmouth: Secured Premiership Status .. might slack down on the final day :)
Charlton: Curbishley's last game .. might want to go away with style, yet nothing to play for in terms of European place.

If MU draw or lose and Liverpool Win, Liverpool gets 2nd place. Other scenarios would deem Liverpool to the qualifiying dump :(

koolaje said:
If MU draw or lose and Liverpool Win, Liverpool gets 2nd place. Other scenarios would deem Liverpool to the qualifiying dump :(

unless we draw and charlton beat the mancs by 5 goals ;)

honestly can't see the mancs failing to win, most important thing for me is winning at portsmouth and finishing on 82 points, if charlton get a draw and we finish 2nd then great but as i've said before i'm not too arsed if we finish 3rd, we're on course to finish with 24 points more than last season which is a massive improvement and have a great chance to win the fa cup

Nah I'm not saying 3rd place is a bad place to be, considering we were out of the CL place last season .. but 2nd is a good place to be, considering MU is in a bad place right now, RvN missing from the spot kick.

We are sponsored by Adidas from next season so has anyone got a picture of the champions league winners shirt for next season. As I may get it.

Apart from the 1st place, it's been a v interesting premiership season. 2nd, 3rd and 4th place still uncertain, Portsmouth pulling off a miraculous recovery, Aston Villa actually not in mid table obscurity for the first time ever - albeit it is in the wrong side of mid table but at least there was some tension for the fans.

But the possibility of getting 80+ points this season is a huge huge achievement. Although, I am desperate for that 2nd place. This season was long enough, then we'll have the World Cup and then another early start for next season :( - I worry about the repercussions especially with our squad not being amazingly big.

I kinda like qualifying for the CL cuz you get to see that lads play European football early. And its a good way to get into gear for the proper competition.
For me, 2nd place is all about pride, nothing more. I wouldnt be too bothered about qualifying cuz lets face it, has having to play 2 extra games ever stopped a team from winning the CL?

Fowler has been giving a one-year contract(rightly so).

This is good news, for the time that he's been back, he's
seemed to do more than what the rest of the strikers have done
all season.

Now he can get himself properly match fit and sharp(even more) during the summer and pre-season, there's more goals to come.

Back
Top Bottom