Liverpool Thread

FS2003 said:
What had Houllier ever done before he became manager of Liverpool?

he'd done a lot for the french youth set up and managed to make the french bwoys miss out on USA '94.

CD,dont get me wrong..what i meant was that in the SPL,only two teams challenge for the title.IMO,not much of a challenge.matter of fact,i think most celtic and rangers are hopin for a good run in europe as the SPL title is a 50percent thing confirmed.but obviously,never have and will never have a good run in the CL.MON or Alex Mcleish will never win the european cup,thats is for sure.we certaintly wouldnt want a manager who cant do fuck all in europe,or have done something for fuckin leicester.they got into europe by winning a trophy which is pretty much like the SPL title,no ones intrested in goin for it.thats no achievement in my book.Walter Smith won shit loads with rangers didnt he?and he pretty much fucked the bluenoses didnt he?winning the SPL makes Alex Mcleish or MON class????Its a fuckin lottery FFS!!!rangers even have to struggle to make the CL this time around and for celtic,make up the nos and get out once the first round is up.sure celtic beat liverpool in the uefa cup last year.so did basle,does that make christian gross class?he fucked spurs up if ya remember.with us under houllier,anyone and i mean anyone can beat us.thats how fucked we are now.im not only lookin at the premiership when i say no british managers but only the likes of capello,
hitzfeld etc.we are so far away from the scums and the arse,imagine how far we are from the likes of milan,real etc.we need to be the top club in europe again..ya seriously think MON can take us there?

PS:rangers won by a goal or two,do you think i give a flyin fuck?it's the SPL man,who cares?

Can we please not turn this thread into another EPL Vs SPL battle, it would be much appreciated

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Damm dude you aint happy huh, in fact most of the posst in this thread are all slating LFC or GH....

Its the same for alot of LFC supporters, its easy blaming it on the manager but I think the fans are as much to blame, even if you change the manager, if you dont win the league pretty much straight away the fans will be calling for his head.

Do you not think that maybe its time to lower expectations and start supporting the club unconditonally, a club the size if LFC are inevitably gonna be top of the pile again one day......

Most of us are not happy with the way houllier is managing this team.i for one wasnt impressed when we finished second(above manure)as i thought we were lucky and manure were goin thru a temp bad spell.winning the league is one thing,givin crap interviews,makin dumbass excuses,stickin with hopeless players,buyin french crap....man,i could go on.it isnt becos he didnt win the title.like i said before,he never will.......

CWright said:
Can we please not turn this thread into another EPL Vs SPL battle, it would be much appreciated

my apologies to anyone,especially CD if ya guys are offended.CD man,nothin personal.......

Hmmm MON's Celtic put you out of Europe last season in case you forgot? Taking Celtic to the UEFA cup final is a much bigger achievement as a manager than taking a EPL club to the same stage. MON had to use tactics and goofd tactics to get that far, he did not have the most skillful of teams but beat teams that on paper were much better than Celtic, I think he proved himself in Europe.

SPL is a 2 horse race, so what, I dont think Liverpool would fancy a trip to Motherwell or Easter Road on a cold February night, most games for the OF are hard games, not in terms of skill but against sheer motivation by the opposition to beat them.

loz said:
FS2003 said:
What had Houllier ever done before he became manager of Liverpool?

he'd done a lot for the french youth set up and managed to make the french bwoys miss out on USA '94.

the way i see it,he took to a certain level and couldnt go any higher.good thing for the french is jacquet took over immediately and look what he achieved.thats what he's doin with liverpool.he cant go any further but only lower.somone should take over from him now before what we have left crumbles.aime jacquet took over from him and won the world cup,hopin capello would do the same for us now.....................

i just think GH has really lost the plot, it's obvious the pool should be really havin a go at teams at anfield especially, but he just continue's to play the same boring counter attacking game.

give Owen some decent service, as well as support, and he'll score goals by the shed load, no problems. Kewell was an astute signing, if used out wide, he is too inconsistent a finisher to play down the middle but is certainly an exciting player and can go past players as if they arent there when on top form. they need someone like him out wide right and i'd even be tempted to play Gerrard out there to give the team some genuine width.

Sabac Red said:
I'd say we go with someone like Koeman, Louis van Gaal or John Toshack.

No jokes i'd think they'd suit Liverpool and actually put us on the up, I really couldn't see that with someone like Capello.

O'Neil is another good manager without a doubt, he'd make us play some great football again, the only thing of his disadvantage is his lack of ability to attract the big names. Cause I wouldn't want him to be snapping up crappy players like Steve Guppy....

And no I don't want to see below-average managers like Aldridge or Craig Brown...

do you know by any chance who Fabio Capello is?

CWright said:
No probs, I'd just like to say to Misfit that you don't seem to have a clue what you're on about. Don't make statements, have them corrected, and then say they're irrelevant anyway - what's the point in making them then? You can't spout crap about stuff you have no clue on.

tbh misfit Capello is just another GH imo, by that i mean he likes the defensive side of the game. cant see there being much more entertainment at anfield if he got the job.

loz said:
i just think GH has really lost the plot, it's obvious the pool should be really havin a go at teams at anfield especially, but he just continue's to play the same boring counter attacking game.

give Owen some decent service, as well as support, and he'll score goals by the shed load, no problems. Kewell was an astute signing, if used out wide, he is too inconsistent a finisher to play down the middle but is certainly an exciting player and can go past players as if they arent there when on top form. they need someone like him out wide right and i'd even be tempted to play Gerrard out there to give the team some genuine width.

exactly!and thats why im hopin for you lot to beat us today!only way we can get rid or force that french prick to resign.......

loz said:
tbh misfit Capello is just another GH imo, by that i mean he likes the defensive side of the game. cant see there being much more entertainment at anfield if he got the job.

not really,everyone of the teams he managed knows how to defend but the attack efficently as well,very well in fact.......

FS2003 said:
Hmmm MON's Celtic put you out of Europe last season in case you forgot? Taking Celtic to the UEFA cup final is a much bigger achievement as a manager than taking a EPL club to the same stage. MON had to use tactics and goofd tactics to get that far, he did not have the most skillful of teams but beat teams that on paper were much better than Celtic, I think he proved himself in Europe.

did ya read my post man,i said anyone can beat us whilst we are still under GH.........

FS2003 said:
SPL is a 2 horse race, so what, I dont think Liverpool would fancy a trip to Motherwell or Easter Road on a cold February night, most games for the OF are hard games, not in terms of skill but against sheer motivation by the opposition to beat them.

thats why the OF always win them huh?youre right we dont fancy a trip to motherwell or easter rd,who would?

PS:guys,dont wanna offend no one so can we drop this SPL,EPL thingy?thx
my apologies......

Misfit said:
loz said:

not really,everyone of the teams he managed knows how to defend but the attack efficently as well,very well in fact.......

yeah, that might be the case but it will still be boring defensive footy, havent u had enuff of that in the last 5 years?

i think if they could get someone in that would be prepared to play a little more flexible it would be a huge benifit to LFC progressing especially in the CL.

Misfit said:
i have yet to see a capello team which plays boring defensive football.......

I can tell ya pinning for Capello mate and with his track record I can see why but he cant speak English, leave that for teams like Chelsea.

Think you we're a bit harsh on the scottish managers considering the previous mangers that LFC have had, and been sucessful with, but saying that I wouldnt be too happy at the thought of some of the managers you mentioned coming to OT either.

Im suprised Keegan was never invited back, I watched the city game on Monday and he has got them playing good passing attacking football, if he can do that with a joke of a club like city imagine what he'd do for LFC.

Houllier has outburst of Wengeritis
Wednesday, August 27, 2003

"Nobody mentions that Paul Scholes sometimes plays behind the strikers for Manchester United, sometimes in midfield, or even on the left. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a centre forward who is playing on the right for Manchester United and Damien Duff played on the right for Chelsea against us when he known as a left winger.

"And yet when Liverpool do the same thing it is a crime."

Liverpool and crime in the same sentence, now there's a first ;) :)

Seriously though he must be joking, the players he mentioned are extremely versatile and have succeded in the positions he mentioned. Whearas when he's done it, it all goes to sh*t......

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Houllier has outburst of Wengeritis
Wednesday, August 27, 2003

"Nobody mentions that Paul Scholes sometimes plays behind the strikers for Manchester United, sometimes in midfield, or even on the left. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a centre forward who is playing on the right for Manchester United and Damien Duff played on the right for Chelsea against us when he known as a left winger.

"And yet when Liverpool do the same thing it is a crime."

Liverpool and crime in the same sentence, now there's a first ;) :)

Seriously though he must be joking, the players he mentioned are extremely versatile and have succeded in the positions he mentioned. Whearas when he's done it, it all goes to sh*t......

I know! If Kewell was a fantastic right winger I'm sure we'd all be praising him and telling him he deserves that OBE he got (that really was a fuckin joke)

hutch said:
I know! If Kewell was a fantastic right winger I'm sure we'd all be praising him and telling him he deserves that OBE he got (that really was a fuckin joke)

Leeds fans will tell you that he played on the right last season and looked sh*te aswell....

Ruud is set to break yet another league record tonite when he looks to score in his 11th consecutive game, he already holds The Prem record but tonight he could overtake John Aldridges post war top-flight record.

Aldridge is certain his achievement will be wiped from the history books at Old Trafford this evening.

Van Nistelrooy equalled the former Liverpool scorer's 10-match sequence, set 16 years ago, with his goal at Newcastle last Saturday.

Aldrige says it:

'Proves his class'

"I didn't think my 1987 record would ever get caught," Aldridge confessed.

"The way football has progressed I just expected that my achievement was safe. I just could not see anyone overtaking it.

"Scoring in 11 consecutive league matches at top level in this day and age is incredible but that just proves the class of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"With all due respect to Wolves they have been labelled the whipping boys of the Premiership already. Their defence has got no confidence so it is not a case of if Ruud will beat my record as in which minute he'll do it.

"If I was having a bet on it I'd say he'd do it in the first 15 minutes! But to be honest, it wouldn't matter who United were playing tonight the way they are creating chances and the way van Nistelrooy is taking them I would still think he'd take my record.

"We were a class outfit in `87 and were very similar to United now in the way we created chance after chance. It was a joy for a striker to be presented with so many opportunities and I was the lucky one.

"Ruud has got so many great assets but the most important thing is that like all great goalscorers it is a natural thing for him in the box. You can't teach that talent. He just gets into that 'pomo' (position of maximum opportunity) position."

Here speaks an LFC Legend...

but did it really need to go in the LFC thread VF?

now ya jus lookin for a reaction arent ya!?!

loz said:
but did it really need to go in the LFC thread VF?

now ya jus lookin for a reaction arent ya!?!

Not at all its an LFC goal scoring legend who im quoting, he talks about LFC in it doesnt he, well then whats the probs?? :mrgreen:

Cant be any worse than a rangers fans posting a picture in a United Thread at least this has something to do with the club :roll:

loz said:
Misfit said:
i have yet to see a capello team which plays boring defensive football.......

when then you've never seen a capello team. . . . . . .

name me a capello team which played boring defensive football?the milan team which won the serie a undefeated?the milan team which beat barca 4-0 in the euro cup final?the madrid team which won the european cup?or the roma team which won the serie a over the likes of juve,lazio and inter?you obviously have only eyes for your crappy hoddle spurs(which by the way are a joke of a team)that youve obviously been blinded......

ho ho, well we're doin alright against your lot tonite, and i was winding you up btw, ha ha, medicine and taking some of ya own, spring to mind.

but yeah capello is a top manager, but i still think ya'd have to overhaul a lot of he team to get em playingthe way he wanted, as essenitally GH is trying to get em playing the pressing, counter attacking game. . . . anyway, we'll see after GH resigns after tonites mauling ;)

Back
Top Bottom