Liverpool Thread

spurs havent had a clean sheet for the last 16 games but get it at anfield.thats how poor we are now.last victory at west brom back in april.................

Misfit said:
spurs havent had a clean sheet for the last 16 games but get it at anfield.thats how poor we are now.last victory at west brom back in april.................

i think it was more to do with the work hoddle has done with our defence tbh. on the radio it said they were very very good and look solid.

altho i didnt watch the game so maybe i shouldnt comment really :oops:

One of the favourite things for many Houllier-worshippers is to say "support the club by supporting Houllier".
These same people ignore Houllier's defensive football tactics, his crazy team selections, his daft interviews/press conferences, his absolute stubborness to admit a mistake or change.
They say you must support Houllier no matter what.

Well I'm sorry to say I am not blinded by Houllier's treble of 2001. Even though I was ecstatic to finally celebrate something after so many years of supporting LFC, there was this thing in the back of my mind questioning our defensive style. Even when we finished 2nd, the joy was shortlived because I knew deep down that something was wrong with our club.
The last 12 months have proved that Houllier is not the man for the job.
We are now a team fighting the likes of Blackburn, Spurs, Southampton, Man City for UEFA cup football.
We have been overtaken by ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea & Newcastle as the cream.
Well we were only part of that cream twice in the last decade.

Houllier wanted 5 years, but we have regressed from where we were.
In fact, the same inability to finish off teams and the inability to play clinical creative football has been present right from Houllier's first season upto his 5th season now.

I personally would like Houllier to be replaced. We need an experienced manager with a decent track record.
I hope we get one of : Guus Hiddink, Ronald Koeman, Fabio Capello.

Ronald Koeman experienced, he's only be top dog at ajax for a couple of years and hasnt had any experience b4 that.

It would never happen, but I'd love to see Harry Redknapp get the job. Did an excellent job at West Ham with okay'ish players and look what he's doing at Portsmouth, and what he's managed to get out Berger who's turned into a playmaker......who we should have never sold btw, unless he wanted to leave ?

Wasnt there a lot of rumours last year about Martin O'Neil taking over at the end of the season, with Houlier moving upstairs. I can honestly still see this happening. Sure, he might seem a bit off the wall, but you cant really accuse him of fielding defensive teams....can you ? And he cant possibly be worse than Houlier's recent form or R Evans performace for that matter.....

ClassicD, correct me if I'm wrong as I cant be bothered watching SPL highlights anymore :)

:roll:

the staff in liverpool (chairman etc..) are the ones to blame !

GH should have left at the middle of last season !

MoodyB said:
It would never happen, but I'd love to see Harry Redknapp get the job. Did an excellent job at West Ham with okay'ish players and look what he's doing at Portsmouth, and what he's managed to get out Berger who's turned into a playmaker......who we should have never sold btw, unless he wanted to leave ?

Wasnt there a lot of rumours last year about Martin O'Neil taking over at the end of the season, with Houlier moving upstairs. I can honestly still see this happening. Sure, he might seem a bit off the wall, but you cant really accuse him of fielding defensive teams....can you ? And he cant possibly be worse than Houlier's recent form or R Evans performace for that matter.....

ClassicD, correct me if I'm wrong as I cant be bothered watching SPL highlights anymore :)

whats wrong with ya man?harry redknapp??what did he do for west ham other than get players like marco boogers??what's he doin for portsmouth now?three games in season and he's the fuckin messiah??MON??there's another one which i really dont get.are ya sure youre not a spurs or charlton supporter?cos thats what their expectations are like........

0-0 against spurs? what has the world come to? man this sucks

but newcastle getting dumped out of CL made my day :mrgreen: ( no offence, geordies)

here's houllier's latest jibberish(after spurs game):

"Look at the fouls they committed to stop us. That was the best Liverpool performance of the season and I feel sorry for the lads that we did not achieve more."

Houllier also denied that the Anfield crowd are becoming frustrated with his team.

"The crowd were not moaning, they could see we were playing good stuff and I believe there is plenty of encouragement for the future after that," he said.

hes an idiot, nearly everyone wants him out

Capello would be ideal imo, Misfit said it here a couple of weeks back, and i have been thinking about it, the mans a legend, he would be perfect

Everyones talking about Capello, what's his situation at Roma? I once recall him saying he wants to take over fergie.

But a manager taking over halfway through a season is always risky, as the players would have to change their way of playing to suit the new system and the new manager would want to get the players he wants, in fact when GH was given full control we ended finishing 7th.

But i do hope we get someone of Capello's calibre soon

How about Capello's mighty Roma of last season, with its spectacular midfield consisting of three defensive midfielders and a full-back (Lima, Tommasi/Dacourt, Emerson and Cafu).

hisdumbwaiter said:
How about Capello's mighty Roma of last season, with its spectacular midfield consisting of three defensive midfielders and a full-back (Lima, Tommasi/Dacourt, Emerson and Cafu).

with the exception of dacourt,it was pretty much the same midfield which won the serie a the year before so yes,it's great aint it?or would ya rather MON's midfield of lennon,thompson,"b"aloney,petrov and whoever else they use???

No way. If the day comes, I'll be beating Martin O'Neill away from Anfield with a stick. A sound bloke and a decent motivator he may be, but if we are to change managers then I want a manager who is renound for playing good football, and that ain't O'Neill (long ball merchant). If it comes to it, my choices would be either Guus Hiddink or Raynald Denoueix. Koeman is another option, but I think that sooner or later he'll go to Barcelona.

And Roma's midfield when they won the scudetto was part of a 3-5-2 formation. Their squad was perfectly suited to that formation, with Emerson and Tommasi holding the fort, Totti ahead of them and Candela and Cafu on either flank. But then, out of nowhere, Capello changed the system to a 4-4-2 without having the correct players to utilise it. That midfield - Cafu, Emerson, Tommasi/Dacourt and Lima - was the midfield that had Roma struggling in mid-table throughout most of last season and many Roma fans calling for Capello's head. But anyway, you were being a little over-sensitive as my original Roma comment was actually meant as a bit of a joke to pop your Capello bubble.

hisdumbwaiter said:
No way. If the day comes, I'll be beating Martin O'Neill away from Anfield with a stick. A sound bloke and a decent motivator he may be, but if we are to change managers then I want a manager who is renound for playing good football, and that ain't O'Neill (long ball merchant). If it comes to it, my choices would be either Guus Hiddink or Raynald Denoueix. Koeman is another option, but I think that sooner or later he'll go to Barcelona.

And Roma's midfield when they won the scudetto was part of a 3-5-2 formation. Their squad was perfectly suited to that formation, with Emerson and Tommasi holding the fort, Totti ahead of them and Candela and Cafu on either flank. But then, out of nowhere, Capello changed the system to a 4-4-2 without having the correct players to utilise it. That midfield - Cafu, Emerson, Tommasi/Dacourt and Lima - was the midfield that had Roma struggling in mid-table throughout most of last season and many Roma fans calling for Capello's head. But anyway, you were being a little over-sensitive as my original Roma comment was actually meant as a bit of a joke to pop your Capello bubble.

nah man,know that you were tryin to burst my bubble.was just makin sure youre not one of the "o'neill's a genius cos he got leicester into europe by winning the worthless cup or winning the joke(SPL)with celtic.
glad to know youre smart enough to want one of the managers who will be able to put us back into europe along the likes of the madris and milans.......

PS:koeman will be at barca but only if rijkaard fails(doesnt win anything)
if not,he would be available and he might just bring van der vaart with him!

BTW,on the roma topic,capello didnt have much of a choice to revert to 442 as batigol wasnt what he was anymore(championship year)nakata had left so totti had to be pushed up and they didnt have a decent playmaker(just behind the front two) or striker(montella had his problems with capello).add to that the dissapointing displays of delvecchio.........

I see Stevie G is in the papers this morning writing off LFC title chances, well it doesnt take a genius :roll:

After last seasons run of equalling games not won at Anfield GH iss going for another record, if lfc dont win this weekend it'll be there worst start for over a 100 years.

Add to that the fact that the mighty lfc are The Only Team To Have Not Scored From Open Play In The League and you begin to realise why the two World Class players they have in Owen and Gerrard are fed up with the place and want out, well Stevie's abit too scouse for us, but little welsh Mickey is welcome to join the Champions at anytime.

Oh well lads look forward to a good worthless cup run, and you might have a decent run in the uefa cup....

And remember you've got Harry "im not joining United cos there time is over" Kewell.

Always look on the bright side....

I tell you what Steven Gerrard is playing fooking brilliant for Liverpool this season. The two games i've seen them play in this season, he's been by far there best palyer. If only we could afford him, what a midfield it would be, Ljungberg, Vieira, Gerrard and Pires. :shock:

I think that if Liverpool don't start to change direction then Stevie G could well get the hump and look for a sharp exit.
Now that would be some transfer fee to get him out of Anfield!!

Zico said:
I tell you what Steven Gerrard is playing fooking brilliant for Liverpool this season. The two games i've seen them play in this season, he's been by far there best palyer. If only we could afford him, what a midfield it would be, Ljungberg, Vieira, Gerrard and Pires. :shock:

He is a cracking midfielder, defo wasted on liverpool....

Well zico mate he wont sign a contract cos the kid is too ambitious for lfc so he'll be going on a free....

Gerrard and Viera together would defo be :shock: :shock: :shock:

You shall not pass!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

mathewsss said:
My feeling is that IF Owen or Gerrard leaves, it may well be to a Spanish/Italian team.
Can't really see either of them joining a rival English team.

I can see Owen going, he'll go Madrid to partner up with Beckham, he's played in The Prem for a while and is no-where nearer winning The Championship, but Stevie will still want to play in England IMO.....

Back
Top Bottom