Liverpool Thread

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Zico said:
I tell you what Steven Gerrard is playing fooking brilliant for Liverpool this season. The two games i've seen them play in this season, he's been by far there best palyer. If only we could afford him, what a midfield it would be, Ljungberg, Vieira, Gerrard and Pires. :shock:

He is a cracking midfielder, defo wasted on liverpool....

Well zico mate he wont sign a contract cos the kid is too ambitious for lfc so he'll be going on a free....

Gerrard and Viera together would defo be :shock: :shock: :shock:

You shall not pass!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fuck that would be the best free transfer ever. :D Well i think if they don't win anything this season he'll be off.

Zico said:
Fuck that would be the best free transfer ever. :D Well i think if they don't win anything this season he'll be off.

Tbh honest mate even if they won something he still might fook off, if they we're to win something along the lines of the mickey mouse trophies they've picked up recently he would do one. He wants The League and/or a CL spot, cant say I blame him, you can tell he's fooked off with scamfield....

GH played the same 11 that started against the mighty spurs, whats that all about?

first he starts playing more attacking at Anfield then he keeps the same line-up two games on the bounce, the fella's losing it i tells ya ;)

You Liverpool fans must be delighted with Diouf this season, he was brilliant today.

Zico said:
You Liverpool fans must be delighted with Diouf this season, he was brilliant today.

Diouf was absolute class, the only knock on him is that if he keeps up his "stare down" of all officials he won't make it through too many games this season.

Great footy from the 'Pool, completely worth getting my ass to the pub at 5:00AM this morning.

Did they look this good (without the goals obviously) against Spurs? Houllier has found a pretty good starting eleven if they did.

Well, off to watch US college football... Auburn V. USC... WAR FUCKIN EAGLE!

In the Man Utd thread Misfit said:
kewell_cb_g.jpg

Section_Logo.gif

Section_Logo.gif

Section_Logo.gif

Watched the game on TV here.
It was worthwhile getting up early morning :D

I think this was a good starting XI for an Away match.
Carragher should be dropped for the Home matches though
since Riise will offer a better attacking outlet at Home.
Finnan still needs more time. Diouf was amazing. Still feel he should
sometimes choose a burst of pace rather than the extra 3rd or 4th dribble past the same defender.
Kewell's confidence will be sky-high after his goal + role in the other 2 goals. Owen was back to his confident sharp self. Baros did well
and Heskey should probably be remain on the bench.
Gerrard was ok, still needs to cut out some of his crazy challenges.
Smicer was average. Maybe Le Tallec should be given a chance soon.

Dudek was as important as Owen-Kewell today.
Biscan was surprisingly good. Hyypia had a decent game.

We had a great game and really need to build on this result.
Houllier must not take this win as another license to ruin the team.
He should learn the lesson and keep the core of the team to the one that played today.
He should keep Kewell on the left (with a license to go into the middle)
If we play Diouf--Gerrard--LeTallec/Smicer/Murphy--Kewell in the midfield that will be the best option.
I still feel GH is not the man that will lead us to glory. This win may have bought him some more time. One win does not make a season.
But we should build on this result and start playing attacking football like we did today. Especially at Home games.

where can i get one of those liverpool no sponsor shirts ??

like the ones that they wore in the ajax tournament ....

GReat win .. but GH still has to go!

hutch said:
In the Man Utd thread Misfit said:

Section_Logo.gif

Section_Logo.gif

Section_Logo.gif

You have won Europe's leading competition 2 times, so have Nottingham Forest your recent record in the crunch stages of it is the same as that of Leeds United... If that makes your lot "the biggest club in the world" then well done to you !!

Good to see Gerard Houllier start where he left off last season. Badly. Two goal-less draws and a loss then a fluke win from his first four matches --- a stunning 10th on the table. And the latest goal-less draw was against Spurs. If you can't score against Spurs, you are playing the wrong sport. Houllier is on borrowed time --- you heard it here first. Well thats if you have ignored all other coverage about him being on borrowed time.

hmm perhaps this mite b old news, or mayb not! apparently liverpool are ready to open talks ur striker michael owen, says here "to squash speculation regarding the striker's future." hope u guys can keep him, cant quite see him elsewhere really

-azn

The Parrot said:
Good to see Gerard Houllier start where he left off last season. Badly. Two goal-less draws and a loss then a fluke win from his first four matches --- a stunning 10th on the table.

Fluke win?... Did you see the game?

eatontj said:
The Parrot said:
Good to see Gerard Houllier start where he left off last season. Badly. Two goal-less draws and a loss then a fluke win from his first four matches --- a stunning 10th on the table.

Fluke win?... Did you see the game?

Most people comment on it regardless of having seen it or not. After a dodgy start we will now start playing proper football as opposed to the hoof it and hope approach we had during our first two games

Regarding the 'fluke win' against Everton, I must say, Liverpool created more scoring chances in the second half than both team did in the first half. That curling shot from Owen that almost got him the first hat-trick of the season, just brilliant. Not to say that Everton didn't have a go at goal but Dudek totally surprised me with his brilliant, acrobatic saves. I wouldn't say a 1 win 2 draws 1 loss a good start, but it could be worse.

Glory Glory Liverpool! :twisted:

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is accused of wrecking the careers of 18-year-olds Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama-Pongolle by France U21 boss Raymond Domenech.

Misfit said:
Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is accused of wrecking the careers of 18-year-olds Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama-Pongolle by France U21 boss Raymond Domenech.

What agency is reporting this? Here in the US Liverpool doesn't quite make the news... I'll go check Soccernet.com.

eatontj said:
Misfit said:

What agency is reporting this? Here in the US Liverpool doesn't quite make the news... I'll go check Soccernet.com.

it's been reported on www.planetfootball.com that raymond domenech is very unhappy with houllier for not givin the two young "gems" no football completely hence puttin le tallec in an unfit condition to play for the french under 21's.i can see how domenech is gettin all pissed off.if you wanna bring them over immediately.at least give them some football or let them carry on with their development in france with lyon who wants both of them on loan.they are lots of footballers who in my opinion have destroyed their careers by signing for a club and gettin no football at all.eg.rebrov,rivaldo,litmanen(actually got screwed in barca)etc which is very sad........

anyone heard houllier's comment bout how he cant compete with the likes of manure,arsenal,chelsea financially and the fans are being unrealistic askin for the championship?houllier must be out of his fuckin mind to be spouting shit like that.he has spend over 110million in five years on crap players(with the exception of hamann,hyypia,henchoz,kewell).now at the same time,how much do you think arsene wenger has spent?and look where arsenal are now.it is simply fuckin amazing how he can say we are bein unrealistic.didnt he himself say that he had a five year plan to bring the title to anfield?well,this is his fifth year and he's got an excuse already.well then mr houllier,last season ranieri spent nothin while you spent over 15mill on two senegal players not forgettin "zidane"(cheyrou). and who exactly qualified for champions league?arsene wenger spent less than you last season,finished second.this time round,he spent hardly anything and are top of tabl while we are playin crap football still even after gettin kewell.and to top it all off,players are writing the team off for the title and so are you.what kind of a manager would do that?everyone knows youre not gonna win fuckall this season but at least leave some confidence in the players for fuck's sake!

PS:as to not bein able to compete financially,why doesnt houllier ask himself why?not qualifyin for the champions league is his fault.sellin players like fowler and lettin go of players like litmanen for nuthin is bad business on his part.

this was one article regarding houllier's latest gibberish:
ONLY those with hearts of flint could have remained unmoved by the words of Gérard Houllier, the Liverpool manager, this week. As the ever-stoical and understated Frenchman remarked: “It’s never easy when you have a public which demands success all the time.” Tell us about it, Gérard.

“And I would say that sometimes those expectations are unrealistic,” he added. “Look at Manchester United and Chelsea, for example. We don’t have their resources, and yet we are expected to battle with them for the top places. But we are not in the same category.”

In football, anyone pleading for perspective must always be welcomed. And any person inclined to think that they hear in those words from Houllier the first serious pre-emptive bleat of the season should face some facts. During his reign, Liverpool’s startlingly tight-fisted board has, in a time of recession, allowed him merely in excess of £100 million to spend. That measly, penny-pinching budget has enabled Houllier to bring just 30 new players into his squad.

Little wonder, then, that in the face of enormous public optimism, the manager has delivered little bar one streaky, and now largely forgotten, low-rent treble in 2001. And little wonder that he has otherwise had to rub along as best he can, scrimping and saving and quietly hoping that a successful team somehow happens organically.

It’s a wonder, really, that Houllier doesn’t complain more often. After all, what does £100 million buy you these days? In today’s hyper-inflated market, that kind of money is gone in the flush of a lavatory. Gérard: we hear you, we understand your pain and we reach out to you in these benighted times for you and your club.

God what is he thinking, Houllier should now just stop they going to play for the national team, we donbt have to let them go unless its a full international, isnt that right? that would shut the bastard up

Le Tallec and Pongolle have been Liverpool players for 3-4 years now, what is he talking about

What Houllier is saying is basically, after spending £100 million and as well as having players like Gerrard and Owen for free, he "cant compete". What a prat, his mis-management looks like its messed up Liverpools spending power. Well done Houllier! Youve managed to take perhaps Englands most sucessful club (historically speaking) and turned them into "also rans". How did he spend sooo much money?? Liverpools 3 best players were virtually free (Gerrard, Owen and the £5 million Kewell).

cfdh_edmundo said:
What Houllier is saying is basically, after spending £100 million and as well as having players like Gerrard and Owen for free, he "cant compete". What a prat, his mis-management looks like its messed up Liverpools spending power. Well done Houllier! Youve managed to take perhaps Englands most sucessful club (historically speaking) and turned them into "also rans". How did he spend sooo much money?? Liverpools 3 best players were virtually free (Gerrard, Owen and the £5 million Kewell).

exactly my point.......

Plus other amazing players like Sami and Jerzy were dirt cheap, I think Dudek only cost us about £4.5m.
I think most of it was wasted on shit like Diao and Cheyrou. Loads of buys like that add up. The only real expenses I can remember have been Diouf and Chris Kirkland.

Back
Top Bottom