Liverpool Thread

Good win today for the lads. Bad news about our injuries. Dirty, dirty Blackburn

Although i havent seen the Babbel's tackle yet i dont think that it was bad and that he won the ball fairly. From what i heard it sounded more like an awkward fall and Houllier confirmed this in an interview which is on Planetfootball.

hibsfc said:
Although i havent seen the Babbel's tackle yet i dont think that it was bad and that he won the ball fairly. From what i heard it sounded more like an awkward fall and Houllier confirmed this in an interview which is on Planetfootball.

absolutely right there.it was a good tackle form the outstanding babbel and a rather awkward fall by baros....

It is confirmed that Jamie Carragher has broken his leg after bein tackled by Lucas Neill of Blackburn.He will now be out for six months.

Well thats us 2 players short for a while then......Damn Blackburn and Graham Souness to hell

eatontj said:
Damn, Carragher has always been a side favorite for me.... this sucks.

it is a pity but look on the bright side,riise gets to start which will offer more in an attacking sense with kewell on the left...

What ive seen of Baros's fall it seemed accidental, Lucas Neils tackle on Carragher though was an assault, im no Liverpool fan but i like Carragher as a player and he didn't deserve ( nobody deserves) that kind of challenge.

well houllier has been bitchin about how lucas neill is a coward who should be banned for as long as carragher is out,how unhappy he is with souness for not apologizing to him personally after the game and for defending neill.what the f*ck does houllier except?two kisses on the cheeks?yeah it was a bad challenge but thats football.steven gerrard has dished out even worse tackles time and time again(only a matter of time someone breaks something)and houllier still defends him and goes "if only we had more players like gerrard".souness was right in defending neill,it was a bad challenge as admitted by souness but at the same time,he isnt a dirty player as souness said and as we all know.seems to me houllier doesnt like the taste of his own medicine.if he really wanted neill to be out as long as carragher is,then i think he should ban diouf(spitting at fans) from football forever.......

PS:kudos to souness,loved him as a player and coach.always says the right thing.....

Liverpool are 'reportedly' on the trail of Deportivo La Coruna striker Diego Tristan.

The £7m-rated hitman has apparently fallen out with manager Javier Irureta.

Newcastle are also said to be interested.

Gerard Houllier has hit out at Graeme Souness for his apology relating to the Lucas Neill incident which left Jamie Carragher with a broken leg.

The Liverpool manager said his apology was "absolutely pathetic" and accused the Blackburn Rovers manager of holding "bad feelings" towards the club.

Houllier said: "Carra was injured at 3.10pm on Saturday and the apology came 48 hours later. It was absolutely pathetic.

"If anyone thinks I'm going to give up on this they are wrong. Maybe I have not played at the highest level but I have managed at the top longer than Graeme Souness. I can tell you it's not often you get a game with two players suffering broken legs after 15 minutes.

"This comment about not playing at the top was obviously directed at me. I see Graeme Souness saying with his hand on his heart there was no intent. Look at the photographs. That was a tackle which was meant!"

He added: "Maybe Souness is a good manager but he should put aside his bad feelings for Liverpool."

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor has registered a complaint with the League Manager's Association regarding Gerard Houllier's continued criticism of Lucas Neill.

"I'm very disappointed with the comments of Gerard Houllier," said Taylor.

LMA chief executive John Barnwell is currently on holiday but may be forced to step in to stop the war of words between both managers.

**tumbleweed blows thru thread**

Champs League this week fella so the plastic scousers (like your good self) arent about that much....

uefa cup is next week isnt it? What euro giants are the mickey's up against??

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Champs League this week fella so the plastic scousers (like your good self) arent about that much....

got a filthy scum like ya'self here though......

lol yeah but im real scum your just a plastic scouser :mrgreen:

right then,ya know the way outta here?dont let the door hit ya ass on the way out...

Another win today and according to Charlie Nicholas who was sat there watching us on Sky Sports we should have scored a hatful. 2-1 will do :D

will do very well indeed.here's hopin that le tellec, sinama pongolle,cheyrou and diao get a start in the uefa cup tie.really would like them to get more involved rather than just dissapear.....

Sky Sports pundit Rodney Marsh says he believes that Michael Owen is the biggest diver in footballer.

While discussing Robert Pires's dive against Portsmouth last weekend, Marsh said: "The best diver in football at the moment is Michael Owen. He only goes down under contact and the way he goes down makes it looks absolutely genuine."

His comments were not backed up by the rest of the panel on 'Soccer Saturday'.

can ya believe this shit?i admit owen does take a dive but the best diver?

yeah but ya just gotta look at his track record misfit, look at the argie WC game last year, it was a blatant dive, also i think marsh is saying that he is the best cos he makes it look like it was a foul, unlike others who go down if they get a bit of wind against their ankle, a la Pires.

loz said:
yeah but ya just gotta look at his track record misfit, look at the argie WC game last year, it was a blatant dive, also i think marsh is saying that he is the best cos he makes it look like it was a foul, unlike others who go down if they get a bit of wind against their ankle, a la Pires.

yeah,i even admitted that he dived in the argie(wc)game in one of my other threads.but the best diver surely isnt owen.hell i cant even remember another time he dived and im sure jeffers is much better than him at diving...

well they say it's all about opinions dont they, and you are entitled to one, i just wish spurs had someone as good as owen. . . .

We are being linked with moves for two undisputed world class players and one "will be" world class player, in January:

1) Diego Tristan on loan, with a view to a permanent £10million move in June 2004. Tristan is furious at not being a regular at Deportivo and has seemingly asked to be sold if he's not going to be a regular.

2) Dejan Stankovic on a pre-contract. Deki is out of contract next summer and reports from Italy are that Ged will move to sign him to a pre-contract in January with the player arriving in July 2004.

3) Daniel Van Buyton for £7.5million. The Marseille centre-half is one of the best young defenders in Europe. He's been compared to Stam and our own Hyypia. Previously a target for Manure, it's believed he would favour a move to Anfield.

All three of these players are tremendous talents, and would be INCREDIBLE signings.

PS:another rumour that has been goin round is we have agreed to fork out 12.6 mill this january for a class international playmaker....

Back
Top Bottom