Liverpool Thread

Things are looking up. We seem to have some real natural width at last. Diouf has been a revelation on the right. Cant wait to see Cisse linking up with Owen next season.

Liverpool have been linked with Strasbourg striker Mamadou Niang.

The 23-year-old Senegal ace has been on target five times in four games so far this season.

Although he figured against Sochaux yesterday, he was unable to impress as his side were defeated 3-0 on their travels.

it's s*it like that which really scares me.......

Diego Tristan would be a great signing if we can manage it.
He's a complete striker, good in the air, skilful with both feet.

On another note, it looks like Houllier has finally got some sense knocked
into his head and he's playing a consistent XI with players in their best positions. 3 straight wins. A good turnaround after the bleak opening we had.

Misfit said:
3) Daniel Van Buyton for £7.5million. The Marseille centre-half is one of the best young defenders in Europe. He's been compared to Stam and our own Hyypia. Previously a target for Manure, it's believed he would favour a move to Anfield.

Hes the one you want, saw him in the Bernabeu in the Champions League. He played really well (esp given the opposition) and scored his usual trademark header, hes not bad at free kicks too. Marseille played better than the scoreline suggested, their fans were really passionate too. Drogba was good too till he had a problem with his leg.

cfdh_edmundo said:
Misfit said:
3) Daniel Van Buyten for £7.5million. The Marseille centre-half is one of the best young defenders in Europe. He's been compared to Stam and our own Hyypia. Previously a target for Manure, it's believed he would favour a move to Anfield.

Hes the one you want, saw him in the Bernabeu in the Champions League. He played really well (esp given the opposition) and scored his usual trademark header, hes not bad at free kicks too. Marseille played better than the scoreline suggested, their fans were really passionate too. Drogba was good too till he had a problem with his leg.

yeah he's one i'm really hopin for.big and strong.but doubt he'll actually sign for us over the likes of manure...

Yeah Van Buyten would be a good buy, offers more options in set pieces but very underated IMO.

Reports say we'll get Rosicky in January. This guy is what I'm looking forward too. But I doubt whether GH plays him in the right position.

The only premiership club Van Buyten is going to is Manure.

And Rosicky is a big possibility come janauary with him sharing the same agent as Baros & Smicer.

Thought I would drag this back to the top due to our huge UEFA Cup tie this week. We are playing a team I can neither pronounce or spell, I can see goals galore though :D

In the league we're playing at Charlton next.
and after that it's Arsenal at home. That could be a possible top-of-the-table clash the way things are going....should be an awesome game.
Diouf against Ashley Cole, Henry against Biscan....gulp!!

lost to charlton last time round,hope we actually win it this time as charlton arent exactlly in the best of forms.i'm not too worried bout our away games but rather our home games.......

PS:hope the squad players(diao,cheyrou,pongolle...)get a start today.

That was the worst defensive display I have seen in the last 2 years by us. We were all over the place, it was shite :twisted:

I saw the last 30 minutes of it. Despite my hate for Liverpool, I have to say that going forward you looked very dangerous and a lot more positive than recently. It'll be interesting to see how you develop...

We did look inventive up front today and if it wasnt for Dean Kiely we could well have had 4 or 5. It was our defence that let us down today tho and I never thought I would be saying that

I have to say todays result was a shock to me. Don't expect Liverpool to concede 3 goals against anyone let laone Charlton. Although obviously I'm pleased you did lose.

It is nice to see you playing alittle more attacking now, i'm always felt sorry for Owen, he could have scored 3 times as many goals if he played for Utd, I rate Owen nearly as highly as Ruud and I'd love to have seen Owen in a Utd shirt....maybe one day :twisted:

Cheers guys! Cya!

I'm off!

Okay, BYe!!

CWright said:
We did look inventive up front today and if it wasnt for Dean Kiely we could well have had 4 or 5. It was our defence that let us down today tho and I never thought I would be saying that

exactly my point hence funny how we lost.who would have thought when we finally play some nice attacking football,hyypia and co would f*ck things up?nice to see us play this way though(with the exception of the defending)......

i'm not too sure we'd wanna play them now.two defeats on the trot might be too much for me although a draw looks to be on the cards for me...

PS:bring back henchoz!

The Daily Mail newspaper today reports that Celtic boss Martin O'Neill still hopes to replace Gerard Houllier at Anfield and will as a result delay decisions regarding his future until later in the season.

O'Neill has been linked with Liverpool for some time now. Most of the speculation comes from the fact that he has so far rejected other opportunities and a proper extension to his current deal at Celtic.

Spurs are the latest club to be linked with him but maybe he has an eye on replacing Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford when that opportunity comes around.

by Alan Nixon, The Independent

The Liverpool manager, Gérard Houllier, has set up a £5m swoop for Auxerre's French international centre-half Jean-Alain Boumsong.

Houllier has spoken with his close friend Guy Roux to arrange the transfer when the window opens in January - and help sort out Liverpool's defensive problems.

Houllier has pinpointed the powerful Boumsong as the answer to his troubles at the back where Liverpool have started to creak this season, capped by their 3-2 beating at Charlton.

Houllier will hope to persuade the Anfield board to back him with cash for the priority position. He was keen to buy in August, but was told to carry on with what he had available.

However,results have shown that the rock-solid Liverpool back line is now crumbling, with both Stephane Henchoz and Sami Hyypia getting older and Igor Biscan not yet proving a success.

Boumsong is also wanted by several other clubs round Europe, but Houllier's relationship with Roux is so strong that Liverpool are clear favourites.

The pair have talked a lot in recent weeks about both Boumsong and the £15m-rated striker Djibril Cisse, but now the defender is the player who should head for Merseyside first. Boumsong has been a Liverpool target since he was at Le Havre and his rise at Auxerre and to the full French side is no surprise to Houllier

The big test will be whether Liverpool are willing to bankroll another move for a foreigner.

yeah but we beat the blue shite :)

BTW, incase you didnt know, Salif Diao is banned for 3 games after being red carded for punching Franny Jeffers

Bout time someone punched his big eared head in

//++Loki++\\ said:
yeah but we beat the blue shite :)

BTW, incase you didnt know, Salif Diao is banned for 3 games after being red carded for punching Franny Jeffers

Bout time someone punched his big eared head in

yeah,thank heavens for diao.reserve game though.......

well,it's a great day today as we all know that a manure defeat is just as good as us winning.the way the table stands now,we will have to welcome them into the UEFA cup.....drinks all round then!

PS:
_39403374_fergie_getty203.jpg

fucked face

Come on you scousers, do us a favour and beat Arsenal on the weekend -YOU NEED THE 3 POINTS BADLY!
Lets hope Owen is on form, and Henry is shooting blanks again.

We'll beat you lot no probs. As for you, ninjabreakz, you're a bit desperate, hoping the scousers beat us.

Scared of us are you? Van Nistelrooy is.

Ruud van sh*t his pants la la la la la!

Butatista said:
We'll beat you lot no probs.

you are not gonna beat us..we'll be sharing the point and fallin further behind the scums

Butatista said:
As for you, ninjabreakz, you're a bit desperate, hoping the scousers beat us.

exactly,last thing we need is scums "jumping" ship and heading towards us.like i said before,support everton and that way we'll still hate ya.....

thats another two points down the drain,failing to beat arsenal at home.as usual,heskey has a stinker

*just in case cant post this on saturday*

Back
Top Bottom