Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Cisse's an idiot like a few minutes later he made gesteres at the Geordies in a way that was to wind them up, I think it was almost as bad as what Rat-face neville did to our supporters.

It was good to see him score, but he played shit, then Benitez gave him 30 minutes down the middle and guess what...

Now that Gerrard-Crouch combo it's what I like to see second time they've ripped through the newcastle backfour.

So we're being linked with Sergio Aguero, that's nice although i'd like River Plate's Daniel Montenegro for our right sided player.

Kromkamp is looking like a very good signing. Okay a bad start with the United game, but it was unfair to throw him on like that.

Cisse should go in the Summer. Baros was miles better. Baros gave 100% and could actually pass people, and was quite a strong lad too. Cisse is a poor mans Emile Heskey. And thats saying something.

Peter Eyres said:
and could actually pass people

....and then run into the goal post? :lol:

Baros was ok...but I still consider him as a squad player than anything else. I was just shocked when I see him playing so well for the national side.

Besides, he stated that he wanted to leave saying he wanted to go to a bigger team(!)...Then he changed his mind when nobody wanted him and was linked to Aston Villa!. Although he had some good games, he let the team down in several occasions with his laziness imo.

Cisse...I really wanted him to do well. Watching him and Owen upfront in those pre-season games were nice tasters. He is a good player...but I guess you can only get the best of him depending on what sort of team you play...

The thing is, Rafa wants a team that plays as a unit. When you place so much reliance on a lone, pacey striker upfront - the opposition just has to cut him out, and the team's entire attack force is nullified. We should know this from Houillier's apparent reliance on Owen in the final few years of his regime.

With players like Crouch and Morientes, Rafa expected interplay between the strikers and the team so that there is no single route of attack. With Rafa's Valencia, you don't think of Carew as their only main threat, but 3-4 players.

The problem as it turned out, Morientes turned out to be a lil cack and Crouch wasn't finishing as much as we hoped. I still have hope for Crouch though.

My feeling with Cisse however is that perhaps his arrogance continued in the training ground. Maybe he was somewhat unwilling to change his game to coexist with Rafa's? Also, with him, I only seem to see pace and nothing else...seriously!. I'm sure he had some other skills when I saw him playing for Auxerre? I just don't seem to see it lately....

he is almost 100% gone at the end of the season anyway, so theres no need to worry about him for much longer.

i think Crouch was bought for linkup purposes, and for holding the ball up. OK, he doesnt do it great EVERY game, but the games he does he is fucking brilliant.

SISSOKO SET TO RETURN TO SQUAD

Paul Eaton 21 March 2006

Momo Sissoko could make a sensational return to first team action tonight - just four weeks after picking up an eye injury which threatened to ruin his career.
The Mali midfielder has made an incredible recovery from the serious retinal injury picked up in Portugal last month when Benfica midfielder Beto accidentally kicked him in the eye.

There were fears at the time that Sissoko's career could be over and even that he may never see again out of his right eye.

But after resuming training with his team-mates last week Sissoko, who will wear a protective eye shield as he continues his recovery, is now ready to return to action.

"I think he'll be in the squad," said manager Rafael Benitez. "I don't know if he can play yet but we've been trying all different types of glasses to protect the eye and we'll have to see."

(Taken from Liverpoolfc.tv)

Its another big week for us with Brum tonight and the Merseyside Derby this weekend.

I was at the game when we played Brum a month ago and we were so unlucky to come out of that with only a draw, we were all over em but struggling to put the ball in the net. I just hope we go out and play as we have been playing recently and as we`re at home I dont see why we shouldnt.

It would seem that Everton are coming into some sort of form atm so spanking them would be great :)

Good news about Sissoko, wonder if hes put a call in to borrow Davids` glasses for the night

oh yesh! and look what happened to the last team we thrashed in fulham? they beat chelsea. And who have united got next? birmingham.

7....is my lucky number......not quite as good as the 7 Spurs destroying goals in the 70's, but better in than out!

Please please please let that Birmingham team show up on Sunday for the united match ;)

I thought Steve Bruce shoudl have suited up, alongside the mascot and maybe a small dog, as they certainly would have faired better.

_41469640_sissoko_ap220.jpg

Such a cool dude yaar.... The sissoko smilie: 8)

EDIT: He may not be in everyone's good books, but Pennant would be a good signing. He performed wonders on the right for Brum.

Last edited:

Really happy for Sissoko I never thought I'd see him playing again this season. Great goal by Riise glad he's back, 15 goals in 3 games bring on the blue-nose bitters!

Steve Bruce's mrs woke him this morning and said "Steve, its eight", he replied "fuckin hell theyve scored again" :lmao:

Nice joke...

Good result, Crouch is hitting the sort of form which saw him grab 16 goals last year with Soton...his already in double figures this year which I thought he'd never do, things are looking good for saturday.

The squad is shaping up nicely for next season with the exisiting one already being a strong unit - Paletta, Aurelio, Gonzalez plus all the youth players rafa has signed for the future...

fishcake said:
Steve Bruce's mrs woke him this morning and said "Steve, its eight", he replied "fuckin hell theyve scored again" :lmao:

Heh heh!

Fishcake been trying to contact yer but your messages are full!

Are you on RAWk?

Got me derby tickets today.

Not my usual seats, tickets have 'SEVERELY restricted view' on them. I've had restricted view before...but not 'Severely'.

'Friendly Derby'...ho ho ho.

Back
Top Bottom